Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm backing Ollie and the club 19:47 - Apr 23 with 6812 viewsflynnbo

There you go, I've said it!
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 16:11 - Apr 24 with 1658 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 16:03 - Apr 24 by PinnerPaul

"only £10M"

Thats £10M more than a lot of clubs above us!

And 10M gets you what
Not much in todays mad football world

How much are the teams that come down going to get next season.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 16:18]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 16:12 - Apr 24 with 1658 viewspaulparker

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 14:25 - Apr 24 by simmo

Whatever the outcome of the next few weeks losing 6 in a row, TWICE, is terrible. The first time was slightly excused as he just got here and was sussing things out, but this recent run is a mixture of complacency after reaching 50 points and ridiculous tinkering.

I am of the view that towards the end of the season (with nothing to play for) it's the time to see what people can do and help suss things for next year, so I am happy with the rotation of players, etc, but that's not the case as we've learnt fck all from the cameos of Goss, Petrasso, Morrison, etc. 3 formations in one game? Pulling players here there and everywhere? It's been a very bad month for Holloway and he has to take responsibility. Let's hope our earlier run is enough to keep us in this division and that the lessons are heeded.

Got to agree and I hate slating Olly , I also think we started to nose dive when we took Mackie & Pawel out of the team , look at the Reading and Newcastle games those two bossed them and gave us energy, creativity and drive
the best thing is to get this terrible season over with ASAP and if I were Olly I would look to recruit a proper coach like McLaren or Rene mulansteen & have the players back within 4 weeks for some serious pre season training

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 16:36 - Apr 24 with 1608 viewsNorthernr

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 16:11 - Apr 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

And 10M gets you what

Most of a Jonathan Kodija, Missing the head maybe.
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 18:28 - Apr 24 with 1495 viewsenfieldargh

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 16:12 - Apr 24 by paulparker

Got to agree and I hate slating Olly , I also think we started to nose dive when we took Mackie & Pawel out of the team , look at the Reading and Newcastle games those two bossed them and gave us energy, creativity and drive
the best thing is to get this terrible season over with ASAP and if I were Olly I would look to recruit a proper coach like McLaren or Rene mulansteen & have the players back within 4 weeks for some serious pre season training

Can we get Gerry Francis back?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 18:55 - Apr 24 with 1456 viewsSimonJames

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 16:11 - Apr 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

And 10M gets you what

Villa and Norwich get another £33M next season (and another £14M the season after).

Relegated Premiership clubs earn about £100M and (I think) £90M in parachute payments over three years.

Frankly our chances of being promoted in the next 5 seasons are not great - unless it's from the 1st Division to the Championship

100% of people who drink water will die.

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 19:03 - Apr 24 with 1446 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 18:55 - Apr 24 by SimonJames

Villa and Norwich get another £33M next season (and another £14M the season after).

Relegated Premiership clubs earn about £100M and (I think) £90M in parachute payments over three years.

Frankly our chances of being promoted in the next 5 seasons are not great - unless it's from the 1st Division to the Championship

That's what I like a bit of positivity

Another day like at Sheffield W would be great

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 00:22 - Apr 25 with 1333 viewsisawqpratwcity

I'm pretty comfortable that we will get the points to guarantee safety this week-end.

But I don't think that should save Olly's job. He hasn't performed to a high enough standard overall.

Who can explain his time in charge? That first seven consecutive losses must had come close to costing him his job - another two losses, maybe even only one, surely would have triggered it - but then we saw a new QPR emerge: organised, intent, coherent. Not all games were as good as Reading and Fulham, but they showed merit enough and the results were really encouraging. After that horror run it was almost a trophy in itself to be the form side in the league.

So why did the wheels fall off...again? Apparent safety with eight games to go might allow experimentaion, but in an infinite universe finding out things that work is so much more valuable than finding out many things that don't. And as that second horror run set in, it defied...no, it defies his efforts to control it. What the bloody hell happened at Bristol? Where has that great spirit gone? Where has that control gone?

You can't hang your hat on a very decent run when it's sandwiched between two absolute, god-awful strings of defeats. Overall, his stats suggest only one thing, a table finish in a 'twenties' position.

Now is the time to start looking for a new manager.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 00:43 - Apr 25 with 1311 viewsTacticalR

@isawqpratwcity 'in an infinite universe finding out things that work is so much more valuable than finding out many things that don't'

So it's the infinite monkey theorem?

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 00:57 - Apr 25 with 1295 viewsisawqpratwcity

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 00:43 - Apr 25 by TacticalR

@isawqpratwcity 'in an infinite universe finding out things that work is so much more valuable than finding out many things that don't'

So it's the infinite monkey theorem?

Not that level of randomness.

Experimentation means trying something different, that you wouldn't normally go for. But that doesn't mean being uncompetitive, or at least having a more reliable Plan B up your sleeve.

It's like he's forgotten how to 'unflounder'.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 10:42 - Apr 25 with 1195 viewsDorse

By the end of his tenure, JFH seemed to have run out of ideas, except for when it came to, ahem, 'after dinner speaking'. Chery wasn't firing, Henry was getting the nod in the middle, nobody seemed to know what to do with Cousins, Ngbakoto and Sylla weren't really at the races, Gladwin, Onouha and El Kayate were getting pelters, Polter had lost form and we still employed Sandro.

Look at the difference in the feeling we have towards the team now. The sheer positivity we have towards Hall, Freeman, Manning, Wzsolek, Smith, Smithies et al. In one transfer window, I felt we changed the whole feel of the club. What are we going to do with another window plus a pre-season? For me, Ollie has made a positive contribution.

Furthermore, some of the players we have out on loan actually have a sell-on value: Gladwin, Borysiuk and El Kayate, if not needed here, would liberate funds for the transfer pot. There are players on the fringes of the First Team squad who may well kick on next season but, if not, they may do a Kpekawa and make us a few quid! The U23 and Development sides include Paul, Bowler, Eze, Finney, Hamalianen and Oteh, with Kakay, Shodipo and Comley out on loan. The club is showing a pathway through to the First Team for the first time since, who, Langley maybe?

I think we need to stick with Ollie. There are too many positives that could be rendered useless if we change now. Think of how the club behaved with Hughes in charge. Or Harry, for that matter. I think the club is moving in the right direction in so many ways - we've tried changing everything roughly every 9 months and it didn't help. Stability is the key.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 13:49 - Apr 25 with 1121 viewsPinnerPaul

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 18:55 - Apr 24 by SimonJames

How many times, its FOUR years!
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 13:55 - Apr 25 with 1104 viewsSimonJames

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 13:49 - Apr 25 by PinnerPaul

How many times, its FOUR years!

Oh, ok... 4 years.

100% of people who drink water will die.

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 14:05 - Apr 25 with 1078 viewsdaveB

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 18:28 - Apr 24 by enfieldargh

Can we get Gerry Francis back?

He tried but Francis turned us down
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 14:11 - Apr 25 with 1066 viewsdaveB

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 00:22 - Apr 25 by isawqpratwcity

I'm pretty comfortable that we will get the points to guarantee safety this week-end.

But I don't think that should save Olly's job. He hasn't performed to a high enough standard overall.

Who can explain his time in charge? That first seven consecutive losses must had come close to costing him his job - another two losses, maybe even only one, surely would have triggered it - but then we saw a new QPR emerge: organised, intent, coherent. Not all games were as good as Reading and Fulham, but they showed merit enough and the results were really encouraging. After that horror run it was almost a trophy in itself to be the form side in the league.

So why did the wheels fall off...again? Apparent safety with eight games to go might allow experimentaion, but in an infinite universe finding out things that work is so much more valuable than finding out many things that don't. And as that second horror run set in, it defied...no, it defies his efforts to control it. What the bloody hell happened at Bristol? Where has that great spirit gone? Where has that control gone?

You can't hang your hat on a very decent run when it's sandwiched between two absolute, god-awful strings of defeats. Overall, his stats suggest only one thing, a table finish in a 'twenties' position.

Now is the time to start looking for a new manager.

The wheels came off on this run as we faced a run of games where we were likely to lose. Derby, Villa and Brentford away on paper you'd have to be optimistic to say we'd win any of those. Brighton at home again you'd fancy a defeat. The only 2 you'd expect something from was Bristol City away ( we haven't won there for over a decade) and Sheff Wed at home who are a decent side and we didn't play well enough in either match to get points.

Holloway hasn't helped himself with some of the changes but the results since he got here bar Rotherham, Reading and Newcastle have been pretty much what you would expect from this squad.

Now would be a daft time to look for a new manager, the season ends next week so I'd wait and see where we are as the kind of manager we need may be different based on how this goes.

Holloway needs two results really to keep his job, even if we stay up and lose the next 2 then I can't see how he can stay.
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 14:19 - Apr 25 with 1050 viewsHunterhoop

I'm backing:

Ollie
Les
Hoos
Paul Hall
Paul Furlong
Ramsey
Sinton
Our scouts
Birch
Fleming
ALL the playing staff
EVERYONE AT THE CLUB
...even Conor in the Box Office.

Do I think they're all doing perfect 10/10 jobs? No, of course not. But I'll still back them. They all seem to care about QPR and want us to succeed.

And I'm a QPR supporter, so why wouldn't I back them?
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 14:24 - Apr 25 with 1047 viewsRangersDave

I'm backing Ollie and the team.

We ain't down yet, but all the happy clappers that said it wouldn't happen 4 matches ago must surely, even in their addled hazy think there is now a possibility, and it wasn't so slim as before

Ollie hasn't failed................yet. But footballs a funny old game, and this time next year when we are promoted from the championship, we could all be laughing at the mess we are in right now.

Until Christmas, I am sticking with the man, see how things go, see if he gets his sh1 t in gear and tells a team that's solid and fast, week in , week out.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 14:34 - Apr 25 with 1033 viewsPinnerPaul

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 14:24 - Apr 25 by RangersDave

We ain't down yet, but all the happy clappers that said it wouldn't happen 4 matches ago must surely, even in their addled hazy think there is now a possibility, and it wasn't so slim as before

Ollie hasn't failed................yet. But footballs a funny old game, and this time next year when we are promoted from the championship, we could all be laughing at the mess we are in right now.

Until Christmas, I am sticking with the man, see how things go, see if he gets his sh1 t in gear and tells a team that's solid and fast, week in , week out.

I'm not a happy clapper and in a sense you're right about the chances of us going down.

Before Saturday, it was 150/1 , now its 66/1.

I bet if we were in Blackburn's position, there wouldn't be many on here saying we had chance of staying up!
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 15:01 - Apr 25 with 1021 viewsterryb

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 14:34 - Apr 25 by PinnerPaul

I'm not a happy clapper and in a sense you're right about the chances of us going down.

Before Saturday, it was 150/1 , now its 66/1.

I bet if we were in Blackburn's position, there wouldn't be many on here saying we had chance of staying up!

I would think there may be just as many Brum fans expecting relegation as Blackburn's.

I doubt if any of them think they will finish above us though.

Of course relegation is possible. So is finishing eleven points above the bottom three!

And NO, I don't expect us to reach the heady heights of 56 points, but I think it just as likely as going down.

The 66/1 has risen during this week as it had slumped to 50/1 on Saturday evening.
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 15:18 - Apr 25 with 1002 viewsdaveB

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 14:24 - Apr 25 by RangersDave

I was neither happy not clapping 4 games ago but i didn't think we'd go down and still don't but that was on the basis of us getting the 1 or 2 points needed in 4 games to keep us up, we should still be able to get that regardless of what anyone else does
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 15:27 - Apr 25 with 987 viewssimmo

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 16:36 - Apr 24 by Northernr

Most of a Jonathan Kodija, Missing the head maybe.

I'll take it!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 16:03 - Apr 25 with 951 viewsHunterhoop

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 15:27 - Apr 25 by simmo

I'll take it!

James Perch without the head would be worth more.
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 16:41 - Apr 25 with 928 viewsWesty75

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 23:52 - Apr 23 by Bluce_Ree

it doesn't matter who we get in charge. We'll never do anything good. If each manager is going to fail with us, we may as well have someone we like.

Yup pretty much sums up where I am right now. I'm in the Ollie camp.
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 16:42 - Apr 25 with 924 viewssimmo

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 16:03 - Apr 25 by Hunterhoop

He loses his head almost every game

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 02:51 - Apr 26 with 845 viewsFredManRave

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 16:42 - Apr 25 by simmo

He loses his head almost every game

Post Wolves Game. He looks gutted as well.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 08:15 - Apr 26 with 771 viewsMick_S

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 16:03 - Apr 25 by Hunterhoop

Be patient real fans - won't be long.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024