Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm backing Ollie and the club 19:47 - Apr 23 with 6852 viewsflynnbo

There you go, I've said it!
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 10:41 - Apr 24 with 1506 viewssmegma

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 20:33 - Apr 23 by flynnbo

However, I do think he needs someone alongside him apart from Birch.

His name is Curtis Fleming.
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 10:44 - Apr 24 with 1496 viewsSimonJames

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 09:56 - Apr 24 by Northernr

Well there's only two games left so I presume most would accept a change now would be a daft.

Next season, assuming/hoping we're in this division, is absolutely massive for us though. Last one with parachute payments, if we're still in this division after they've ended it's going to be a long old slog thereafter. The absolute last thing we need is to spend the summer budget with a manager, start next season and then sack him October time - AGAIN.

If we don't think this managerial team is the one (and christ I can't believe how quickly this is unravelling after looking so good six weeks ago) then we should bite the bullet in May and make the change. If we pis away next season like we have this that's unforgivable.

As always with the constant thirst for a change of manager at QPR though - do you think there's a better manager out there who would come here and we can afford? Do you think our board would be able to find them?

Ollie seems to be a bit clueless at times, but is it really just down to him? Or is the squad simply not good enough to compete consistently at a high level in this division?
Have we actually learned anything that we can turn to our advantage next season?

100% of people who drink water will die.

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 10:46 - Apr 24 with 1494 viewsTacticalR

One thing I don't understand about the post-Brentford spasm is that everyone thought we were going to lose to Brentford and we duly lost to Brentford.

One year ago we beat Brentford 3-0. If you look at the goals we scored you will see that the entire attack (Hoilett, Chery, Polter, Phillips) has been sold off and we are left with the non-scoring Washington.

After coming in Holloway had to perform open heart surgery on the team and remove what JFH considered to be the heart of the team (Chery and Polter). I don't know whether that was due to:

1. Orders from Kuala Lumpur to sell players to reduce costs
2. The players wanting to go (for more money, or not liking Holloway)
3. Holloway not liking the players
4. Holloway being told he must sell players to bring in his own players

Like others I don't think I will survive any further operations.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 10:47]

Air hostess clique

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 10:52 - Apr 24 with 1472 viewsJamesB1979

Polter was hardly the "heart of the team". Smith or Polter.....much of a muchness for me. Apart from Ollie seems to prefer british players.

Cherry had been pretty poor in weeks up to his transfer. He certainly didn't seem like the "heart of the team" either.

We sold players yes but we are not getting frees and loans in. We're spending and have spent money. We're just not spending as much as we have done just spending within our means.
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 11:38 - Apr 24 with 1407 viewsfrancisbowles

If we don't make a change in May, we have to accept that six points from the play offs in November is a platform to build on, no matter what style we are playing and however boring it may be.
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 11:48 - Apr 24 with 1383 viewsDejR_vu

Well there's only two games left so I presume most would accept a change now would be a daft.

Next season, assuming/hoping we're in this division, is absolutely massive for us though. Last one with parachute payments, if we're still in this division after they've ended it's going to be a long old slog thereafter. The absolute last thing we need is to spend the summer budget with a manager, start next season and then sack him October time - AGAIN.

If we don't think this managerial team is the one (and christ I can't believe how quickly this is unravelling after looking so good six weeks ago) then we should bite the bullet in May and make the change. If we pis away next season like we have this that's unforgivable.

As always with the constant thirst for a change of manager at QPR though - do you think there's a better manager out there who would come here and we can afford? Do you think our board would be able to find them?

"do you think there's a better manager out there who would come here and we can afford?"

- The current management team has lost six straight on two occasions within the same season. That has to be utterly appalling in anyone's terms. I can't believe we have fallen so far that there isn't somebody better that could be brought in.

"Do you think our board would be able to find them?"

- That's the real problem, and has been for years.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 11:48 - Apr 24 with 1383 viewssmegma

I'm hoping we stick with the manager as keep changing managers hasn't done us any good in the past has it ??? Every manager who starts a season should be allowed to finish it. We got rid of Warnock and it's been downhill ever since.
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 12:00 - Apr 24 with 1353 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Whatever we believe, surely we can't believe that changing the manager with two games to go is an option. Either way, I can't fathom how anyone thinks that this frenzy on a public forum will help the team ahead of what is now a huge game.

There are only two options for us fans for the next two games - support the manager, or keep your wise counsel and pretend to support the manager.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 12:01 - Apr 24 with 1344 viewscaliforniahoop

Yes to the first, we keep looking for names, cost money, as I pointed out in another thread, the likes of Hull, Southampton, Huddersfield, Watford, Fulham, Brentford and god knows who else, have gone out, got managers under the radar and had success.

The DOF has to now earn his money, go out and find a bloody coach!! Your decision not the board, you are a football man, sort this out!!
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 12:05 - Apr 24 with 1326 viewsFDC

I think having a moan on here is fine -- it's what it's for really. But I hope supporters don't start turning on the team at the game.

Like others have said, when IH re-joined one of my biggest concerns was how ugly it would be if it all went tits and supporters turned on him. He looked incredibly fragile in those early interviews, and I'm not sure I could take it if we ended up properly destroying him.

I hope he stays. I'm clinging on to the hope that the decent run we had not so long ago is evidence that Holloway's has it about him to get a system in place during the summer. Like Clive says, the worst thing we could do is give him the summer and then bottle it if it looks like its not working early into the season.
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 12:21 - Apr 24 with 1295 viewsDando

I'm backing Holloway, but he needs to stop over complicating things. If the team is doing well, stop changing it. It has dented players confidence and nobody knows if they will get in the team anymore, even if they play well. Some players need a run in the team to get the best out of them and build their confidence. If we go back to basics, with 2 wingers crossing the balls into the big guys up front etc rather than not having a clue what lineup week after week, then we could do well
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 12:56 - Apr 24 with 1237 viewsWatford_Ranger

Probably naively, I'm sticking with the view that he's just sussing players out for next season and does have a genuine idea of our best XI and system. I think there's an awful lot of potential in this squad still untapped and if we play the best XI week in, week out we'll be decent next year.

I'd be inclined to sell Smithies if it gets a decent fee for a couple of good players- a centre-half and a proper defensive midfield player so Hall doesn't have to do a job there.

Again naively, I'm hoping Smith can do something like what Chris Wood has done for Leeds this year. Wzolek playing wide as first choice, Shodipo maybe to give a proper outlet on the left.
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 12:58 - Apr 24 with 1225 viewsDando

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 12:56 - Apr 24 by Watford_Ranger

Probably naively, I'm sticking with the view that he's just sussing players out for next season and does have a genuine idea of our best XI and system. I think there's an awful lot of potential in this squad still untapped and if we play the best XI week in, week out we'll be decent next year.

I'd be inclined to sell Smithies if it gets a decent fee for a couple of good players- a centre-half and a proper defensive midfield player so Hall doesn't have to do a job there.

Again naively, I'm hoping Smith can do something like what Chris Wood has done for Leeds this year. Wzolek playing wide as first choice, Shodipo maybe to give a proper outlet on the left.

What im worried about is that there was a recent interview saying something along the lines that when he was at Blackpool - teams started to find them predictable. So that seems one of the reasons he is changing it around every minute. Hes right, other teams cant prepare against us. But what seems to be forgotten is we cant even prepare ourselves with so many changes. Think its time we start concentrating on our own team, rather than us always thinking about the opposition so much
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 13:19 - Apr 24 with 1148 viewsPinnerPaul

2 more seasons of payments I think (have said so before)
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 13:31 - Apr 24 with 1118 viewsPinnerPaul

This where I'm getting TWO more seasons of payments info from

http://www.danielgeey.com/premier-league-parachute-payments-explained
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 13:46 - Apr 24 with 1082 viewsDejR_vu

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 12:05 - Apr 24 by FDC

I think having a moan on here is fine -- it's what it's for really. But I hope supporters don't start turning on the team at the game.

Like others have said, when IH re-joined one of my biggest concerns was how ugly it would be if it all went tits and supporters turned on him. He looked incredibly fragile in those early interviews, and I'm not sure I could take it if we ended up properly destroying him.

I hope he stays. I'm clinging on to the hope that the decent run we had not so long ago is evidence that Holloway's has it about him to get a system in place during the summer. Like Clive says, the worst thing we could do is give him the summer and then bottle it if it looks like its not working early into the season.

"I think having a moan on here is fine -- it's what it's for really. But I hope supporters don't start turning on the team at the game."

Couldn't agree more. It always amazes me that some people are so offended when others let off steam on here. When people are having a go at the players during games they are rightly castigated. Surely, that's exactly what a forum is for and exactly where people should be letting off a bit of steam? If not here, where? This place is providing a valuable public service to the feline community across West London and surrounding areas.

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 13:53 - Apr 24 with 1062 viewsDejR_vu

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 12:56 - Apr 24 by Watford_Ranger

I think having a game-plan, a defined style of play, a core starting line-up with maybe one or two changes to look at different players would suggest that the manager is having a look. What we've witnessed suggests he hasn't the foggiest idea what he's doing. What on earth can he have learnt in the last six games, other than that players can't play in three positions, in two or three different formations, within the same game? If he needed to experiment to work that out, then words fail me.

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 13:54 - Apr 24 with 1061 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 13:31 - Apr 24 by PinnerPaul

This where I'm getting TWO more seasons of payments info from

http://www.danielgeey.com/premier-league-parachute-payments-explained

Yeah but only 10M next season and the one after

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 13:57 - Apr 24 with 1046 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 13:46 - Apr 24 by DejR_vu

"I think having a moan on here is fine -- it's what it's for really. But I hope supporters don't start turning on the team at the game."

Couldn't agree more. It always amazes me that some people are so offended when others let off steam on here. When people are having a go at the players during games they are rightly castigated. Surely, that's exactly what a forum is for and exactly where people should be letting off a bit of steam? If not here, where? This place is providing a valuable public service to the feline community across West London and surrounding areas.

I agree with you and FDC that it's fine to have a moan on here. But there's a difference between constructive posts like yours and some of the blind panic, doom-mongering, defeatism and/or downright disloyalty that others have posted.

All that matters now is that we stay up. I think we will. There is a reason we're huge odds for relegation after all. But we all know that players read forums and while I hardly think they're shrinking violets and I realise they get paid well for their work, they are still mostly young, they're certainly human and their confidence and state of mind are crucial factors for the last two games.

As posters we have to ask ourselves what is important this week - doing everything we can to ensure that we stay up or having a completely selfish whinge now when it will achieve precisely nothing and we have the whole summer for it anyway.

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 14:06 - Apr 24 with 1019 viewsDejR_vu

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 13:57 - Apr 24 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree with you and FDC that it's fine to have a moan on here. But there's a difference between constructive posts like yours and some of the blind panic, doom-mongering, defeatism and/or downright disloyalty that others have posted.

All that matters now is that we stay up. I think we will. There is a reason we're huge odds for relegation after all. But we all know that players read forums and while I hardly think they're shrinking violets and I realise they get paid well for their work, they are still mostly young, they're certainly human and their confidence and state of mind are crucial factors for the last two games.

As posters we have to ask ourselves what is important this week - doing everything we can to ensure that we stay up or having a completely selfish whinge now when it will achieve precisely nothing and we have the whole summer for it anyway.

On the possibility of players reading the forum, I personally think that's entirely down to them and the club. It is pretty obvious supporters aren't going to be happy so it's pretty likely that they are going to read some stuff they won't like. If it's likely to upset them they shouldn't look, no one is forcing them to. Otherwise what's the point of a forum if all you can say is nice fluffy things?

Good management would suggest that, this week, they stay off all social media, concentrate on Saturday and get the job done.

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 14:08 - Apr 24 with 1013 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 13:57 - Apr 24 by BrianMcCarthy

BostonR has been wallowing in whinging all this year and I'm sure he is wishing we go down just to say I told you so, a few others too.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 14:08 - Apr 24 with 1013 viewsHooped_Pullie

Clive, I agree with every word, but I do think the solution (or at least something that is definitely worth a try) is at hand...

I have a real affinity for Holloway : I think I missed just one home game of his first five and a half year spell in charge. He's Rangers through and through, and has enough experience, and enough about him generally, to be a real asset to the Club. Looking back, the happy memories of his years in charge far outweigh the bad ones.

No team though should have such a precipitous fall as we have since the international break unless something is seriously wrong : it's beginning to look like a micro-version of Raineri at Leicester. Even if we get a point or three on Saturday (and I'm not feeling it right now) there is surely pause for thought for those in charge.

Assuming though that we do somehow limp over the line (because of the failures of others) a course of action is there for the taking : retain Holloway's services in an upstairs role - not DOF, but something parallel - and bring in Tottenham's current youth coach to take over our first team. The two men know each other, and the one currently employed by Spurs has an enviable Championship pedigree, laid the foundations at Swansea, kept Millwall punching way above their weight, and worked wonders at Wolves before a single season of relative stagnation saw him unfairly shown the door. Knows how to get the best out of players, knows how to get a team over-performing on an ongoing basis.

It could be Jackett required this summer...
I'm backing Ollie and the club on 14:10 - Apr 24 with 1004 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 14:06 - Apr 24 by DejR_vu

On the possibility of players reading the forum, I personally think that's entirely down to them and the club. It is pretty obvious supporters aren't going to be happy so it's pretty likely that they are going to read some stuff they won't like. If it's likely to upset them they shouldn't look, no one is forcing them to. Otherwise what's the point of a forum if all you can say is nice fluffy things?

Good management would suggest that, this week, they stay off all social media, concentrate on Saturday and get the job done.

I think you're right in everything you say. the only thing is, though, is that they're human. They either will look, or may look.

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 14:25 - Apr 24 with 968 viewssimmo

Whatever the outcome of the next few weeks losing 6 in a row, TWICE, is terrible. The first time was slightly excused as he just got here and was sussing things out, but this recent run is a mixture of complacency after reaching 50 points and ridiculous tinkering.

I am of the view that towards the end of the season (with nothing to play for) it's the time to see what people can do and help suss things for next year, so I am happy with the rotation of players, etc, but that's not the case as we've learnt fck all from the cameos of Goss, Petrasso, Morrison, etc. 3 formations in one game? Pulling players here there and everywhere? It's been a very bad month for Holloway and he has to take responsibility. Let's hope our earlier run is enough to keep us in this division and that the lessons are heeded.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 16:03 - Apr 24 with 893 viewsPinnerPaul

I'm backing Ollie and the club on 13:54 - Apr 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Yeah but only 10M next season and the one after

"only £10M"

Thats £10M more than a lot of clubs above us!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024