Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real v Barca 21:55 - Apr 23 with 2244 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Anyone watch it?

Absolutely savage game.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Real v Barca on 22:03 - Apr 23 with 2227 viewstraininvain

Great game. Messi back to his unplayable best. Such a joy to watch.

Title race blown wide open.
Real v Barca on 22:16 - Apr 23 with 2186 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There's a lot of negativity about modern football, sometimes quite rightly. But my God, when it's played properly it's a thing of utter beauty.

Real v Barca on 23:47 - Apr 23 with 2068 viewsBrightonhoop

Saw it and thought Messi was cynical to take them down to 10 men.

Nice City to visit but serious questions about Barca and ethics, From Unicef to Quatar. ?

Not a fan Of that shyte.Barca make the scum look holy.
Real v Barca on 23:55 - Apr 23 with 2056 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Real v Barca on 23:47 - Apr 23 by Brightonhoop

Nice City to visit but serious questions about Barca and ethics, From Unicef to Quatar. ?

"Saw it and thought Messi was cynical to take them down to 10 men."

Really? I thought it was as clear-cut a red card as you could ever see. Ramos, as ever, losing his composure and diving in with both feet off the ground. No wonder he has 22 red cards to his name.

I agree with you about Unicef to Qatar, though.

Real v Barca on 00:01 - Apr 24 with 2048 viewsBrightonhoop

Real v Barca on 23:55 - Apr 23 by BrianMcCarthy

"Saw it and thought Messi was cynical to take them down to 10 men."

Really? I thought it was as clear-cut a red card as you could ever see. Ramos, as ever, losing his composure and diving in with both feet off the ground. No wonder he has 22 red cards to his name.

I agree with you about Unicef to Qatar, though.

Of 22 'men on the pitch' needing tobe sent off thought Messi was the worst of rotten bunch. No ref will send him off. Next to no contact. Snipers in the crowd. No idea what Barca stand for then, now, I hope not always.

It was a rotten cynical win not worthy of football imho.
Real v Barca on 00:50 - Apr 24 with 2005 viewscoolranger

Look into the history of Real Madrid and you might take a broader view. They have been given every conceivable advantage possible to dominate the game in Spain and Europe for decades.

In Spain you either love them or hate them. The classic marmite club.

Personally, I love the Athletic Bilbao story. Probably why I support QPR.
Real v Barca on 04:51 - Apr 24 with 1956 viewsstowmarketrange

Real v Barca on 00:01 - Apr 24 by Brightonhoop

Of 22 'men on the pitch' needing tobe sent off thought Messi was the worst of rotten bunch. No ref will send him off. Next to no contact. Snipers in the crowd. No idea what Barca stand for then, now, I hope not always.

You didn't see the cynical elbow from Marcelo then?Or the 3 fouls committed by the same Madrid player that should have seen him sent off too?
The amount of rough treatment that Messi gets is terrible,but he never retaliates.The intent was there from Ramos and maybe that is how the ref saw it too.

If you saw the amount of good work that Barcelona do for children in their local area and internationally you might not be as cynical.

In Spain they have to compete against a team bankrolled by the state ,who get an advantage every year as debts are normally written off in exchange for selling off their training ground for the umpteenth time.How else could they afford all these star players?

Madrid appear to get even more favourable officials than even Barcelona do judging by their victory over Bayern in midweek.Two offside goals and a terrible dismissal seemed to go in their favour.

I think it is a bit like Swansea or Cardiff playing in our league.They tend to represent a region that was suppressed for 40 years by Franco,but still managed to compete with the state's team for trophies.And don't get started on how they stole Di Stefano from out of Barcelona's hands.

It tends to be a battle of two evil giants in Spain,and people differ in their views over both teams,but I can't see that one is any worse than the other when it comes to cynacism,but as someone else said,it is like marmite,you either love it or hate it.

And they will always hold a place in my heart for that iniesta goal at scumford bridge a few years ago.
Real v Barca on 06:48 - Apr 24 with 1910 viewstraininvain

Come off it!! Real kicked (and elbowed) Messi every time he got on the ball.

It's lucky Ramos didn't connect with his 'challenge' and after watching Real's last 2 games I'm not sure what Casimero needs to do to get sent off.

If you came away from last night's game thinking that Messi's a cheat then you're either a Real fan or watching the wrong sport.
Login to get fewer ads

Real v Barca on 07:25 - Apr 24 with 1871 viewsWatford_Ranger

I'd like to see Sergio Ramos fly in two-footed like that on you as you hurdle the challenge.

It was a phenomenal individual performance. Not sure where the defence was in the 92nd minute though.
Real v Barca on 08:20 - Apr 24 with 1798 viewsN12Hoop

Real v Barca on 23:47 - Apr 23 by Brightonhoop

One of the greatest players of all time who has put up with players trying to maim him every game. I didn't see any cynicism by Messi at all; I just saw utter brilliance.
And as for ethics, the entire PremierLeague is sponsored by either corrupt UAE states or gambling companies. Others are owned by dodgy oligarchs. Not sure why you would single out Barca

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Real v Barca on 08:52 - Apr 24 with 1759 viewsmakaveli1882

Goal stats -

LaLiga: 343

Champions League: 94

Copa Del Rey: 43

Spanish Super Cup: 12

UEFA Super Cup: 3

Club World Cup: 5

2004-05: 1,
2005-06: 8,
2006-07: 17,
2007-08: 16,
2008-09: 38,
2009-10: 47,
2010-11: 53,
2011-12: 73,
2012-13: 60,
2013-14: 41,
2014-15: 58,
2015-16: 41,
2016-17: 47.

Favourite opponents
Sevilla: 29 goals

v Atletico Madrid: 27

v Valencia: 24

v Athletic Bilbao: 22

v Real Madrid: 23

Hat-tricks

Messi has scored 36 hat-tricks in his Barca career, including 25 in LaLiga.
He managed 10 in his most prolific season, 2011-12, when he scored 73 goals in 60 games in all competitions. His 50 league goals featured eight hat-tricks and he added two more among his 14 Champions League goals.

He has scored four goals in a game on four occasions — against Arsenal in April 2010, Valencia and Espanyol in 2012 and Osasuna in January 2013 — and five in a 7-1 Champions League win over Bayer Leverkusen in March 2012.
Real v Barca on 12:07 - Apr 24 with 1632 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A bizarre stat I read is that last night was the first time ever that Real had lost a league match at the Bernabeu in added time.

An unbelievable stat, but then again last night when the title was effectively Real's the officials decided to play only two minutes of added time at the end of a second half that included four substitutions, one sending off and at least one long injury delay. So maybe not that unbelievable!

Real v Barca on 12:51 - Apr 24 with 1563 viewsstowmarketrange

Real v Barca on 12:07 - Apr 24 by BrianMcCarthy

A bizarre stat I read is that last night was the first time ever that Real had lost a league match at the Bernabeu in added time.

An unbelievable stat, but then again last night when the title was effectively Real's the officials decided to play only two minutes of added time at the end of a second half that included four substitutions, one sending off and at least one long injury delay. So maybe not that unbelievable!

I thought it was strange too that they only put 2 minutes up.I guess we'll never know how much time would've been added if Madrid were losing.
Real v Barca on 13:32 - Apr 24 with 1512 viewsToast_R

Real v Barca on 08:52 - Apr 24 by makaveli1882

Goal stats -

LaLiga: 343

Champions League: 94

Copa Del Rey: 43

Spanish Super Cup: 12

UEFA Super Cup: 3

Club World Cup: 5

2004-05: 1,
2005-06: 8,
2006-07: 17,
2007-08: 16,
2008-09: 38,
2009-10: 47,
2010-11: 53,
2011-12: 73,
2012-13: 60,
2013-14: 41,
2014-15: 58,
2015-16: 41,
2016-17: 47.

Favourite opponents
Sevilla: 29 goals

v Atletico Madrid: 27

v Valencia: 24

v Athletic Bilbao: 22

v Real Madrid: 23

Hat-tricks

Messi has scored 36 hat-tricks in his Barca career, including 25 in LaLiga.
He managed 10 in his most prolific season, 2011-12, when he scored 73 goals in 60 games in all competitions. His 50 league goals featured eight hat-tricks and he added two more among his 14 Champions League goals.

He has scored four goals in a game on four occasions — against Arsenal in April 2010, Valencia and Espanyol in 2012 and Osasuna in January 2013 — and five in a 7-1 Champions League win over Bayer Leverkusen in March 2012.

Goes missing at World Cups though...

Messi is one of the all time greats but a long way off Diego Maradona I reckon.
Real v Barca on 15:18 - Apr 24 with 1444 viewsvegasranger

That was a true classic. Couldn't believe Real were going for it with 10 men, the draw would have been a good result. Ramos needs to study Pearch for a few weeks on how to nail a two footed tackle !!
Real v Barca on 15:34 - Apr 24 with 1423 viewstraininvain

Real v Barca on 13:32 - Apr 24 by Toast_R

Goes missing at World Cups though...

Messi is one of the all time greats but a long way off Diego Maradona I reckon.

Mario Gotze didn't go missing at the last World Cup but what's happened to him since?

But I take your point and I'm still unsure who is better between Maradona and Messi. The former put in the greatest performance at a World Cup we'll probably ever see whereas the latter has consistently given many moments of joy over the last 10 years or so. It's a tough one to call.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024