Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loan players 19:01 - Apr 24 with 2864 viewsactonman

I have been staying out of olliegate as I staunchly wanted jfh gone and replaced with anybody and Holloway was perfect for the time although alarm bells rang fking loudly when he was handed a 3 1/2 year contract ? However , I digress...

I seem to remember in our promotion season that we had a fair few loan players , some good , some bad and some fking awfull but a fair few all the same. I might have the previous season mixed up but we had walker and routledge , miller done a job , priskin and the pelican where forgettable but of course tarrabt (although we had signed him at this point)

The point is, it proved successful and that' was without a dof that has many connections and inside knowledge to one of the biggest talent hoarding clubs in the country.

How many loan players have we had this season ? Ravel and yenni
Loan players on 19:11 - Apr 24 with 2825 viewsenfieldargh

Tennis I'm sure was signed for 1.2 million
Patel was loaned in the signed.......then dropped

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Loan players on 23:28 - Apr 24 with 2648 viewssmegma

Loan players on 19:11 - Apr 24 by enfieldargh

Tennis I'm sure was signed for 1.2 million
Patel was loaned in the signed.......then dropped

No idea what you've written.
Loan players on 10:06 - Apr 25 with 2515 viewsterryb

The point is that the rules on signing players on loan is completely different now.

This can only be done during the transfer window. Hence why no other club has signed anyone since January 31st.
Loan players on 10:15 - Apr 25 with 2501 viewsBlue_Castello

Loan players on 10:06 - Apr 25 by terryb

The point is that the rules on signing players on loan is completely different now.

This can only be done during the transfer window. Hence why no other club has signed anyone since January 31st.

Spot on it's all changed, that's where Huddersfield did a lot of business last Summer, plenty of loan players but they can only be signed in the transfer windows
Loan players on 10:26 - Apr 25 with 2476 viewsdaveB

We used to have a squad full of loan players and back then we moaned that we would have been better off developing our own players rather than someone elses. Now we opt to play our own players rather than loan others in and we should be loaning more players again.

The answer at QPR is always the opposite of what we are doing and when we do that and it doesn't work then do the opposite again
Loan players on 10:38 - Apr 25 with 2451 viewsthame_hoops

Loan players on 10:26 - Apr 25 by daveB

We used to have a squad full of loan players and back then we moaned that we would have been better off developing our own players rather than someone elses. Now we opt to play our own players rather than loan others in and we should be loaning more players again.

The answer at QPR is always the opposite of what we are doing and when we do that and it doesn't work then do the opposite again

I don't think anyone has said we should be Getting more players in on loan have they, the OP is just asking a question
Loan players on 10:41 - Apr 25 with 2446 viewslave16

Loan players on 10:26 - Apr 25 by daveB

at this point we are not going up this year and not going up next year so play our own lads unless we taking a loan on with view to signing

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Loan players on 10:49 - Apr 25 with 2434 viewsdaveB

Loan players on 10:38 - Apr 25 by thame_hoops

I don't think anyone has said we should be Getting more players in on loan have they, the OP is just asking a question

maybe I read it wrong but seemed to be suggesting we should be signing more loan players. I'm not sure thats the answer really
Login to get fewer ads

Loan players on 10:53 - Apr 25 with 2425 viewssmegma

Loan players on 10:41 - Apr 25 by lave16

at this point we are not going up this year and not going up next year so play our own lads unless we taking a loan on with view to signing

"We're not going up next year?"

Eh???
Loan players on 12:00 - Apr 25 with 2356 viewsactonman

That makes sense regarding the rule change as It seemed like we had players coming in and out throughout the season.

I do thimk we could use the loan system better though as it worked before and as teams like Chelsh!t and Spurs have stockpiled nearly every young promising talent in the area , we should be using this to our advantage aswell as theirs.

Off the top of my head at Spurs you have walker / rose / Kane who all spent time on loan
Chelsea have about 500 players loaned out with 99.9 % never likely to play for the 1st team.

I don't like the idea of nurturing other clubs players but done the right way it can benefit all
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 15:37]
Loan players on 12:08 - Apr 25 with 2340 viewsfrancisbowles

To the op.

I think we signed Yenni on a permanent deal in the first window.

Wsolek was on loan now permanent.

Lua Lua on loan.
Loan players on 14:47 - Apr 25 with 2191 viewsterryb

Loan players on 12:00 - Apr 25 by actonman

That makes sense regarding the rule change as It seemed like we had players coming in and out throughout the season.

I do thimk we could use the loan system better though as it worked before and as teams like Chelsh!t and Spurs have stockpiled nearly every young promising talent in the area , we should be using this to our advantage aswell as theirs.

Off the top of my head at Spurs you have walker / rose / Kane who all spent time on loan
Chelsea have about 500 players loaned out with 99.9 % never likely to play for the 1st team.

I don't like the idea of nurturing other clubs players but done the right way it can benefit all
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 15:37]

Of course it would have been good for Rangers to have had Abrahams instead of Bristol City this season. The same for Mooy at Huddersfield
etc.

However, I think you should take into account how nuch you have to pay to their parent club for the loan period. I don't know the figures involved, but I would be surprised if they were less than a million. Plus you would be responsible for the whole of their wages.

For every loan that has worked well for us, you probably have a minimum of two that were awful. For example Walker equates to Fabio & BAE. Routledge equals Macheda & Keen etc.

It is a very expensive way to run a club.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 15:04]
Loan players on 15:00 - Apr 25 with 2167 viewssimmo

Having loan players means developing talent for someone else, when the point of QPR now is to develop and sell on our own players so we can become closer to self sustainable. A lack of loan players is a good thing IMO and means we're more likely to dip into our own academy than bring in another fckin Maiga or Macheda or some other shite. Remember when we loaned in Isla to then sell Simpson and then at the end of that season we didn't have a right back, something that wasn't sorted until we brought Furlong back? Yeah that needs to never happen again.

Loan signings can be helpful, but for every Ishmael Miller there are 3 Aaron Hughes.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Loan players on 16:10 - Apr 25 with 2122 viewsenfieldargh

Loan players on 23:28 - Apr 24 by smegma

No idea what you've written.

Fecking predictive text and not wearing glasses.

I'm going to retire from here technology has got the better of me Dorris

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024