Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clint Hill 19:25 - Apr 24 with 1993 viewsHayesender

The other Rangers player of the year. Well done that man 👏👏👏

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Clint Hill on 19:38 - Apr 24 with 1959 viewsBerkoRanger

He wouldn't fancy being manager, would he?
Clint Hill on 19:41 - Apr 24 with 1947 viewsHayesender

Clint Hill on 19:38 - Apr 24 by BerkoRanger

I wouldn't do that to him. This club would ruin Alex Fergusson

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Clint Hill on 19:45 - Apr 24 with 1926 viewsGreenR

Top man. He'll be good manager one day :)
Clint Hill on 20:06 - Apr 24 with 1875 viewskomradkirk

I did tell my Rangers pals that Clint was the least likely to let them down.Well done Clint.
Clint Hill on 20:21 - Apr 24 with 1817 viewsonlyrinmoray

Sorry to be a pain but on checking , Kenny Miller won POTY Clint won the John Greig Award chosen by JG
Its still a great result as like many QPR fans Im sure many of their lot thought why do we need this has been It just shows what a great professional he is who always gives 100 %
When looking at the above thread Steven Caulker and Ravel Morrison its chalk and cheese
Clint Hill on 20:26 - Apr 24 with 1800 viewsaston_hoop

Clint Hill on 19:38 - Apr 24 by BerkoRanger

Manager? I'd take him back in defence!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Clint Hill on 20:27 - Apr 24 with 1797 viewsHarbour

Well done Cliff legend just to think JFH wrote him off.... am sure we would be out of trouble by now if Clint was still here
Clint Hill on 21:07 - Apr 24 with 1719 viewsbrokenframe1982

Well done legend
Login to get fewer ads

Clint Hill on 16:11 - Apr 26 with 1370 viewsNorthernr

Clint Hill on 20:26 - Apr 24 by aston_hoop

Manager? I'd take him back in defence!

Yup. As said at the time, it's all very well talking about his age and whether he can play every game, but the fundamental thing was that at the end of last season he was still the only defender we had that could dominate and win things in the air. We hoped Lynch would be that guy, and he's been crap. Mistake letting him go, as said at the time.
Clint Hill on 18:23 - Apr 26 with 1236 viewsPunteR

We should have kept him.
Another major decision gone wrong.
Even if he couldn't play every game his influence around the training pitch would have been massive.
Fair play to him though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Clint Hill on 18:27 - Apr 26 with 1231 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think it's too simple to say that it was a mistake to let him go. We've clearly missed him as we all thought we would, but we have no idea what conversations led to him being released. For all we know he might have asked to play every game and asked for a wage that didn't fit into our structure.

I personally doubt it, but we can't be certain either.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clint Hill on 18:36 - Apr 26 with 1217 viewssmegma

I'm confused.

I thought 'our Joey' was going north to be the 'best player in Scotland'. He's not even the best player in a pub team.
Clint Hill on 18:36 - Apr 26 with 1217 viewsNorthernr

Clint Hill on 18:27 - Apr 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I think it's too simple to say that it was a mistake to let him go. We've clearly missed him as we all thought we would, but we have no idea what conversations led to him being released. For all we know he might have asked to play every game and asked for a wage that didn't fit into our structure.

I personally doubt it, but we can't be certain either.

Having let him go, the key thing was to get a 'head it, kick it' centre back. We hoped Lynch would be that and it hasn't worked sadly.
Clint Hill on 18:57 - Apr 26 with 1173 views1BobbyHazell

I'm not as convinced as most that trying to move on from a 38 year old centre back, however much we love him, was a real mistake. He started 13 games last season. It seems he wanted to go somewhere where he had a chance of playing more games so fair play to him.
Clint Hill on 19:27 - Apr 26 with 1145 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Clint Hill on 18:36 - Apr 26 by Northernr

Having let him go, the key thing was to get a 'head it, kick it' centre back. We hoped Lynch would be that and it hasn't worked sadly.

I agree - that was the priority. I've seen a lot of us this year thanks to illegal streams of Sky and we still need that type of player and Lynch, as you say, hasn't dominated enough as yet. He's also too quiet. They all are. There seems to be very little organisation going on between the backs when we're getting ready to defend a set piece. I realise that you can't see as much on the telly but you can see the preparation for defending set pieces and we are missing at least one player who is vocal, who commands his own players and intimidates the opposition players.

Any player playing beside Macca, Fenwick, Parker, Dunne or Hill would have been more afraid of them than of conceding a goal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clint Hill on 19:38 - Apr 26 with 1122 viewsDorse

Clint Hill on 19:27 - Apr 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree - that was the priority. I've seen a lot of us this year thanks to illegal streams of Sky and we still need that type of player and Lynch, as you say, hasn't dominated enough as yet. He's also too quiet. They all are. There seems to be very little organisation going on between the backs when we're getting ready to defend a set piece. I realise that you can't see as much on the telly but you can see the preparation for defending set pieces and we are missing at least one player who is vocal, who commands his own players and intimidates the opposition players.

Any player playing beside Macca, Fenwick, Parker, Dunne or Hill would have been more afraid of them than of conceding a goal.

Add Big Dan to that list. I would definitely not want to let him down.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Clint Hill on 20:07 - Apr 26 with 1075 viewsJamesB1979

He was on the w12media podcast earlier in season and seemed to be saying that no one let him know what was going on until day before contract was up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024