Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So if we did go down??? 13:13 - Apr 25 with 8453 viewsTGRRRSSS

Would you advocate Les Ferdinand as well as IH being sacked?

The reason I mention this is the credit he was getting when things started to look better but now...

Just asking the question my view is we will stay up and be better for it next season, I'd even say maintain status quo regardless, but even I am starting to get a few jitters...
So if we did go down??? on 15:25 - Apr 25 with 1796 viewsHayesender

I struggle to see how a club our size can afford Ferdinand, Ramsey, Hoos and a manager.

Surley something will have to five financially should the worst happen?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

So if we did go down??? on 15:29 - Apr 25 with 1790 viewssimmo

So if we did go down??? on 14:19 - Apr 25 by RangersDave

No other job I know rewards failure with job security.

You could say that appointing 3 ( 2 so far) failed managers is failing to do his job properly, costing money and possibly to the detriment of the QPR company, especially should we get relegated and still have to pay 3 years of Ollies contract.

I saw no use for Les when he started, and so far he has yet to prove my opinion of him wrong.

A shame though, as the old boys brought 'something' back, but heck, stay in his job for failure.
I'm pretty sure each and every one of you reading this wouldn't expect to still be in your jobs if you failed 3 times in such a manner?

If choosing the next manager was his only responsibility, you'd have a point.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

So if we did go down??? on 15:34 - Apr 25 with 1787 views00calben

We're not going down.
So if we did go down??? on 15:40 - Apr 25 with 1773 viewsTacticalR

With all the euphoria about getting rid of players, people sometimes forget that there can be dangers to being 'well run'.

In Swiss Ramble's article about Blackburn in 2015 he made the following point about the 2013/14 Championship:

'The only clubs to make money in the Championship were Blackpool (with their highly dubious model), Wigan Athletic and Yeovil Town — and they have all since been relegated.'

Air hostess clique

So if we did go down??? on 15:47 - Apr 25 with 1747 viewsactonman

So if we did go down??? on 13:44 - Apr 25 by aston_hoop

He'll get forced out I'm sure and then the next thing we'll try will fail too and the thing after and then maybe we'll stumble on something that works for a season. But then we have no long term plan and everything is shite again for a few years while we sack our way through more and more people and more and more players, experienced, young, foreign, domestic, whatever. Until we go back and do it again. I think thats the QPR way now. fck this.

Have you quoted the clubs mission statement there ?
So if we did go down??? on 16:19 - Apr 25 with 1707 viewsdaveB

So if we did go down??? on 15:25 - Apr 25 by Hayesender

I struggle to see how a club our size can afford Ferdinand, Ramsey, Hoos and a manager.

most clubs our size have a CEO, a manager, someone looking after the academy and a Director of football. It's not overkill to have them, it's the kind of basic structure we've lacked for over a decade.
So if we did go down??? on 16:19 - Apr 25 with 1706 viewsThe_Mole

So if we did go down??? on 15:13 - Apr 25 by simmo

"but I can't help but feel some the DOF role is currently interfering in the managers decisions"

Before it was his 'black agenda', now apparently he's interfering in decisions even though every manager under his tenure has played completely different football and consistently chosen completely different players in different positions. Give it a rest...

Simmo - have you not seen the recent interview before the international break?

Apparently we are/were safe and different players should be given a chance to build for next season.

If that's not interfering then I'll pack my bags!
So if we did go down??? on 16:42 - Apr 25 with 1673 viewsdaveB

So if we did go down??? on 16:19 - Apr 25 by The_Mole

Simmo - have you not seen the recent interview before the international break?

Apparently we are/were safe and different players should be given a chance to build for next season.

If that's not interfering then I'll pack my bags!

He said we need a few more points to be safe but it will be a good opportunity for Holloway to look at some of the young players ahead of next season. We didn't get those points and those young players haven't come into the team really so not sure how he is interfering.
Login to get fewer ads

So if we did go down??? on 17:40 - Apr 25 with 1603 viewsNorthernr

So if we did go down??? on 16:42 - Apr 25 by daveB

He said we need a few more points to be safe but it will be a good opportunity for Holloway to look at some of the young players ahead of next season. We didn't get those points and those young players haven't come into the team really so not sure how he is interfering.

and as said before, the three managers he's had working with him have all picked very different team shapes, played different styles, used different players - so if he does interfere with the team he changes his mind a lot.
So if we did go down??? on 19:45 - Apr 25 with 1486 viewsPey

So if we did go down??? on 17:40 - Apr 25 by Northernr

and as said before, the three managers he's had working with him have all picked very different team shapes, played different styles, used different players - so if he does interfere with the team he changes his mind a lot.

Well said Clive, don't understand this whole Les bashing thing either.
1. We are a small club and created a lot of mess financially with players who came to pick up a last big fat pay check.
Almost everyone one here wanted the club to rebuild with younger and eager players with prefering a few youngsters from our own academy to be proud of.
Hoos and Les worked hard on this task but people have to understand that there is no magic want in hand here to turn matters into straight success story.
But i want to believe we are better of now then a year ago with the process.

2. Could Les and Hoos be luckier, more wise in their appointments ? Perhaps.
We can't see who is really avaiable for a job and more important who has a desire to work as a manager for us.
Can't forget the image of Hughes when he was asked why he joined us.....
What do you mean besides wages ? was written all over his face
As one earlier stated Rowett was probably Les first choice, but for reasons we don't know it didn't happen.

3.One who is without failure or misjudging in his profession throw the first stone.
Les has QPR in his heart and I do want to believe he has the best intentions for our club with his actions.
If he makes mistakes i rather accept them from a person who is a club legend, then someone who is just a journeyman to this club

4. And no i am not the chairman of the Les fanclub or even being him.
So if we did go down??? on 01:22 - Apr 27 with 1309 viewsstrikerace

So if we did go down??? on 15:40 - Apr 25 by TacticalR

With all the euphoria about getting rid of players, people sometimes forget that there can be dangers to being 'well run'.

In Swiss Ramble's article about Blackburn in 2015 he made the following point about the 2013/14 Championship:

'The only clubs to make money in the Championship were Blackpool (with their highly dubious model), Wigan Athletic and Yeovil Town — and they have all since been relegated.'

"With all the euphoria about getting rid of players, people sometimes forget that there can be dangers to being 'well run'. "

+1. When we got relegated out of the PL, lots of people here were gleefully saying get rid of this guy and that guy. Most times these were the same players who got us up to the PL to start with. Now they are gone, and we may drop again. You can't have it both ways.
So if we did go down??? on 05:56 - Apr 27 with 1279 viewsPlanetHonneywood

At the end of the day, it's a results business and in terms of managerial appointments/decisions, the last one we got right was in March 2010, when Amit appointed Warnock. To be fair, the record before that, was arguably worse!

As we enter the eight year of of questionable managerial decisions at best, utter mindless incompetence at most, it's not unreasonable to ask questions about the capability of certain individuals to finally, get the right result at the umpteenth time of asking

Still, all to play for and destiny in our own hands etc. etc.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

So if we did go down??? on 07:57 - Apr 27 with 1245 viewsDorse

When you consider the utter drek we've seen at the club over the past decade or so, it makes a change to see some sort of plan for the running of the club. Let us not forget that we have seen talents like Gregory, Hart, Dowie, Magilton, Harford etc running the club and been treated to the delights of watching players like Bob Malcolm,Tamas Priskin, Armand Traore etc wearing the colours.

I'd rather be what we are now compared with what we have been.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

So if we did go down??? on 09:33 - Apr 27 with 1198 viewsdaveB

So if we did go down??? on 05:56 - Apr 27 by PlanetHonneywood

At the end of the day, it's a results business and in terms of managerial appointments/decisions, the last one we got right was in March 2010, when Amit appointed Warnock. To be fair, the record before that, was arguably worse!

As we enter the eight year of of questionable managerial decisions at best, utter mindless incompetence at most, it's not unreasonable to ask questions about the capability of certain individuals to finally, get the right result at the umpteenth time of asking

Still, all to play for and destiny in our own hands etc. etc.

Since Gerry Francis left in 1995 we've had 18 full time managers (Wilkins, Houston, Harford, Francis, Holloway (Twice), Waddock, Gregory, De Canio, Dowie, Sousa, Magilton, Hart, Warnock, Hughes, Redknapp, Ramsey, JFH

Our success rate with appointing managers is abysmal. Out of that lot only Holloway, De Canio and Warnock left the club with reputation enhanced. Even the return of Francis went a pretty siilar way to how it's gone with Holloway so far. The rest all turned out to be poor appointments by various Directors of Football, boards and owners.

We crave change so much but it rarely gets any better
So if we did go down??? on 10:18 - Apr 27 with 1159 viewsHerzog

So if we did go down??? on 09:33 - Apr 27 by daveB

Since Gerry Francis left in 1995 we've had 18 full time managers (Wilkins, Houston, Harford, Francis, Holloway (Twice), Waddock, Gregory, De Canio, Dowie, Sousa, Magilton, Hart, Warnock, Hughes, Redknapp, Ramsey, JFH

Our success rate with appointing managers is abysmal. Out of that lot only Holloway, De Canio and Warnock left the club with reputation enhanced. Even the return of Francis went a pretty siilar way to how it's gone with Holloway so far. The rest all turned out to be poor appointments by various Directors of Football, boards and owners.

agree that John Gregory did not leave with his reputation enhanced, but I thought he did a good job and kept us up when we had a poor side

and Dowie would probably have done alright if left alone

those two shouldn't;t be in that list
So if we did go down??? on 10:21 - Apr 27 with 1156 viewsdaveB

So if we did go down??? on 10:18 - Apr 27 by Herzog

agree that John Gregory did not leave with his reputation enhanced, but I thought he did a good job and kept us up when we had a poor side

and Dowie would probably have done alright if left alone

those two shouldn't;t be in that list

Houston, Gregory, Redknapp and Dowie all had their moments with us but all of them left looking like absolute clowns
So if we did go down??? on 10:44 - Apr 27 with 1133 viewsPinnerPaul

So if we did go down??? on 15:25 - Apr 25 by Hayesender

We can't afford them now - Hoos has already said that.

Revenue only pays for LR & training ground and staff.

Player costs come from the owners effectively.
So if we did go down??? on 12:51 - Apr 27 with 1079 viewsdaveB

So if we did go down??? on 10:44 - Apr 27 by PinnerPaul

We can't afford them now - Hoos has already said that.

Revenue only pays for LR & training ground and staff.

Player costs come from the owners effectively.

He hasn't said we can't afford a manager, DOF and academy manager at all, those the basic things every club has and if it's not Ferdinand, Holloway and Ramsey in those roles it will be someone else.
So if we did go down??? on 12:55 - Apr 27 with 1069 viewspaulparker

So if we did go down??? on 09:33 - Apr 27 by daveB

The key part of that though Dave is the mismanagement we have had boardroom level from Thompson, wright, briatore, paladini , fernades , Blackburn & davies
we have been a basket case of a club which obviously hasn't helped those managers you have mentioned

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So if we did go down??? on 12:55 - Apr 27 with 1069 viewsJamesB1979

I think IF we get relegated (and I'd want to hide under a large stone for a while first), we shouldn't really keep a DoF. Not really performance, just think need to cut costs further and if down in 3rd tier of english football, doesn't fit right with me to have this position.
So if we did go down??? on 13:13 - Apr 27 with 1043 viewsdaveB

So if we did go down??? on 12:55 - Apr 27 by JamesB1979

I think IF we get relegated (and I'd want to hide under a large stone for a while first), we shouldn't really keep a DoF. Not really performance, just think need to cut costs further and if down in 3rd tier of english football, doesn't fit right with me to have this position.

We'd still need someone in the role, if you get rid of the role then someone else has to do it so will be extra work for someone.
So if we did go down??? on 13:15 - Apr 27 with 1038 viewsQPR_Jim

So if we did go down??? on 12:55 - Apr 27 by JamesB1979

A good director of football will make the club more money than he costs. I'd argue Les has earned his way by offloading the expensive players and signing players like Smithies, Luongo and Manning that we can sell on for profit if needs be.

Don't see why being in the third tier should make a difference either, off the top of my head both Swansea and Southampton got their house's in order in League 1 rather than adapting the clubs structure for league 1 then needing an overhaul again when promoted.
So if we did go down??? on 13:35 - Apr 27 with 998 viewsterryb

It really is an incredible statistic that since promotion at Hillsborough, we have only three times completed a season with the manager that started the season.

We were promoted in two of those seasons!*

* There is certainly no defence of Harold intended in quoting this!
So if we did go down??? on 13:38 - Apr 27 with 993 viewsPinnerPaul

So if we did go down??? on 12:51 - Apr 27 by daveB

He hasn't said we can't afford a manager, DOF and academy manager at all, those the basic things every club has and if it's not Ferdinand, Holloway and Ramsey in those roles it will be someone else.

What I meant Dave was that with that infrastructure in place, along with the current stadium and training facilities and the playing staff we are running at a loss.

I'm not advocating change, just pointing out the facts as they are.

You could equally say we can't afford the players we have - that would be equally true.
So if we did go down??? on 14:26 - Apr 27 with 961 viewsR_from_afar

So if we did go down??? on 14:52 - Apr 25 by paulparker

I wouldn't put the blame on Les if the worst happened he has done more good than bad

TF on the other hand should be strung from the nearest lamppost on the south Africa road , this man since 2011 has systematically made us a shambles on and off the pitch with stunning ineptitude yet still gets an easy ride with the fan base

I don't see TF getting much of an easy ride on here... When things are going well, he rarely if ever gets any credit. When things are going wrong, however...

TF may have made a lot of mistakes but he hasn't been making unilateral decisions for years. He's obviously still involved in the decision-making process but Reuben G plays a big role as do Les and Hoos. If Les has "done more good than bad," shouldn't Tony get some credit for that? He was involved in the process of bringing him in. He has also repaired most of the damage he (and our managers) did in the profligate years by converting the debt into shares.

Our owners have got a lot of things wrong but there has been progress. We may even one day get to the stage where the club is sustainable and won't need wealthy owners to bankroll it. Ironically, TF et al have now brought us closer to that point than we have been for years (look at the squad and the starting elevens).

Finally, before you ask, I have never met Tony and have never had any freebies off him.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024