Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quite big article with TF 14:00 - Apr 25 with 5039 viewsbosh67

Sounds surprisingly chipper considering.

https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/article/ive-learnt-the-hard-way-tony-fernandes-on-

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Quite big article with TF on 19:42 - Apr 25 with 1473 viewsdaveB

Quite big article with TF on 18:08 - Apr 25 by stevec

No one can deny he got it massively wrong but, unlike a lot of Chairman, it was his money he blew and he covered the lot himself. Rangers haven't got that old debt on the books have they?

You lost me by paragraph 4 but, given he'd blown not far short of 200 mill by 31st Dec 2014 I would suggest the biggest mistake he made was not giving it one last hurrah in Jan 2015 transfer window and try and keep a 17th/18th place team in the promised land.

Instead, whether he told Les or Les told him to sidetrack Redknapp, he committed hari kari by not spending a penny and the rest is history.

Stay up and we'd have been £120 mill better off each year, as it is we are now staring down the barrel of another relegation, if not this year then next. A new stadium seems dead in the water and I can't imagine the owners are that keen proceeding with a training ground if we look destined for League One.

An all round cock up I'd agree, but Ferdinand supposedly 'making the right changes' occurred in Jan 15, which may have been the right idea but at completely the wrong time.

but what makes you think throwing more money at it in Jan 2015 would have made it any better, we'd spent a fortune in every other window and managed to get worse every time
Quite big article with TF on 20:24 - Apr 25 with 1432 viewsjohncharles

Venky's chicken anyone ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Quite big article with TF on 20:28 - Apr 25 with 1427 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Quite big article with TF on 14:35 - Apr 25 by peejaybee

If its all Bullsh1t I would like 10 Buckets of it.

Me too.
It makes me smile when people call him a clown etc. He's made lots of mistakes but has tried to learn from him and is clearly well intentioned.
And he is a seriously rich clown eh!
Quite big article with TF on 20:29 - Apr 25 with 1427 viewsBrightonhoop

Nor sure where his enthusiasm comes from to be fair. I lost £500 on the dot.com bubble 17 years ago and am still smarting.
One thing in his favour is that he isn't Flavio.
Quite big article with TF on 21:00 - Apr 25 with 1395 viewsNW5Hoop

Quite big article with TF on 16:03 - Apr 25 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well he is not a crook, as arry said had his pants taken down .. a few times

Maybe our next chairman will be like Leyton Orient's

Be careful what you wish for.

If there were crooks at the club, then whoever is in charge of them is culpable, too. And for someone who is meant to be a leading businessman, I don't believe he just said, "Oh, yes, I'm sure that agent's fee is normal in football. It's fine." Honestly, I have - via sports journalists friends - seen some of the documentation around QPR's transfers, and if Fernandes thought "Oh, the manager said that's fine so I'll let it pass," then he is an imbecile who shouldn't be allowed near any business. You can reach your own conclusions about what he is if he is not an imbecile. We LOST MONEY on selling players. I don't mean we didn't make back the fee we paid. I mean we paid out more to agents than we received in fees.

So when anyone here calls out "Tottenham Les" and "his mates", I think: you know what? At least he's making sure that isn't happening anymore.
Quite big article with TF on 21:34 - Apr 25 with 1356 viewsdanehoop

Which I think reflects my initial post. He tried to run the club like a football fan, rather than a businessman. But his business model is usually about hiring in good people and trusting them to do the job and backing their judgement. Unfortunately the advice he was given and those who judgements he backed were less than sound. He got sucked in and no reference point to realise that he had been done until rather late in the game. Football advice from Hughes and the Taffia with Kia joobichan as agent in chief? Bagpuss and his dodgy knees? And Phil beard as chief executive, hindsight is great, but he does seem to have recognised his involvement and approach hadn't worked. Hiring in sir les and hoos are the first signs of getting the recruitment right. Stepping back likewise a sign of learning to go back to what his normal business model was.

Just a shame that he wasted so much cash to get to this point. But as others have pointed out, it's his cash and not debt against the club.

Never knowingly understood

Quite big article with TF on 22:05 - Apr 25 with 1327 viewsNW10Hoop

I quite like Tony Fernandes. I quite like Les Ferdinand, Ian Holloway and Marc Bircham too.

Caulker apart, we've gotten rid of all the mercenaries and have loads of players to be excited by. We don't really have any real debt. We have a chairman, dof, manager and first team coach who genuinely care for the club, and the club continues to do great work in the local community.

So many other clubs properly in trouble Id rather wait and wait for Tf to hit a winning formula than gamble on another owner coming in
Quite big article with TF on 22:15 - Apr 25 with 1316 viewsLblock

It'll be no surprise to many but all I kept reading here was:-

"We've spent all the money, it was a right laugh, didn't really look any further than tomorrow and now we're skint we're having get strict. I love the club though"

Top down culture

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Quite big article with TF on 22:27 - Apr 25 with 1297 viewsPunteR

Quite big article with TF on 22:05 - Apr 25 by NW10Hoop

I quite like Tony Fernandes. I quite like Les Ferdinand, Ian Holloway and Marc Bircham too.

Caulker apart, we've gotten rid of all the mercenaries and have loads of players to be excited by. We don't really have any real debt. We have a chairman, dof, manager and first team coach who genuinely care for the club, and the club continues to do great work in the local community.

So many other clubs properly in trouble Id rather wait and wait for Tf to hit a winning formula than gamble on another owner coming in

Are we not properly in trouble then if we get relegated?
I sort of get the £200 mill right off but i still cant get my head round this FFP thing.
I was talking about this to a work mate today. He was asking why our owners who are some of the richest men the known universe are able to simply right off £200,000,000 but now dont have any money to invest in players or cant because of FFP?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Quite big article with TF on 22:45 - Apr 25 with 1282 viewsdaveB

Quite big article with TF on 22:27 - Apr 25 by PunteR

Are we not properly in trouble then if we get relegated?
I sort of get the £200 mill right off but i still cant get my head round this FFP thing.
I was talking about this to a work mate today. He was asking why our owners who are some of the richest men the known universe are able to simply right off £200,000,000 but now dont have any money to invest in players or cant because of FFP?

it's not that don't have the money they can't break FFP rules again especially whilst the case is still going on for the first time we not only broke the rules but basically ignored them
Quite big article with TF on 23:23 - Apr 25 with 1252 viewsPunteR

Quite big article with TF on 22:45 - Apr 25 by daveB

it's not that don't have the money they can't break FFP rules again especially whilst the case is still going on for the first time we not only broke the rules but basically ignored them

We've got money then?
So it won't be the end of the world when the parachute payments stop.?

Quite big article with TF on 08:55 - Apr 26 with 1152 viewsBlue_Castello

Quite big article with TF on 21:34 - Apr 25 by danehoop

Which I think reflects my initial post. He tried to run the club like a football fan, rather than a businessman. But his business model is usually about hiring in good people and trusting them to do the job and backing their judgement. Unfortunately the advice he was given and those who judgements he backed were less than sound. He got sucked in and no reference point to realise that he had been done until rather late in the game. Football advice from Hughes and the Taffia with Kia joobichan as agent in chief? Bagpuss and his dodgy knees? And Phil beard as chief executive, hindsight is great, but he does seem to have recognised his involvement and approach hadn't worked. Hiring in sir les and hoos are the first signs of getting the recruitment right. Stepping back likewise a sign of learning to go back to what his normal business model was.

Just a shame that he wasted so much cash to get to this point. But as others have pointed out, it's his cash and not debt against the club.

Have to say I'm with Dane on this one because I am convinced Fernandes never set out to loose so much of his OWN and the Tune groups money.

He made a big mistake to start off with in appointing Phil Beard who was absolutely clueless, but he then put his trust in his managers, made funds available and they all just spent like it was Christmas. Yes Fernandes should have realised you can't just buy success, buying any player is a gamble, you need the right infrastructure in place before you start spending.
Fernandes had his pants pulled down by a succession of managers, yes he could have said no but his naivety and willingness to spend his own money meant he kept saying yes.

The final straw for Fernandes was the purchase of the man with no knees Sandro because honest Harry said it was a good deal, possibly the worst deal in the clubs history. He decided in January 2015 to stop the madness shut the wallet and apparently that was enough for Harry to develop his own mystery dodgy knee syndrome.
Appointing Hoos and Ferdinand was a major turning point, he finally realised he couldn't manage a football club from the other side of the world as he is still very hands on with his own business.

Mistakes were made in backing managers and thinking we could compete in the Premiership without actually developing the infrastructure.
Plenty of people have already made up their mind he is a disaster and must go but as Clive has listed a number of times there's far worse owners out there than the Tune group. I still think he's learnt his lessons the hard way, found a good CEO to start rebalancing the finances and that since January 2015 the club appears we'll run at boardroom level, Fernandes isn't even the majority owner any more so what's the point in keep asking for his head on a plate.

As a number of people have said in the past be careful what you wish for, but I can guarantee if the very worst happens and we get relegated then it's going to be a very rough ride.......
Quite big article with TF on 09:46 - Apr 26 with 1111 viewsGaryT

Quite big article with TF on 22:05 - Apr 25 by NW10Hoop

Step one.
In a few days, at least one of the following will happen:

We will beat Forest (a draw will do if Birmingham draw)
Blackburn will fail to beat Villa
Birmingham will lose to Huddersfield

Step two. Everybody take a deep breath and look forward to the tennis

Step three, wipe your minds of the last six years and keep reading NW10Hoop's post and look forward to next season. With a tweak here and a tinker there, we might actually do alright.
Quite big article with TF on 09:47 - Apr 26 with 1110 viewsdaveB

Quite big article with TF on 23:23 - Apr 25 by PunteR

We've got money then?
So it won't be the end of the world when the parachute payments stop.?

We can't spend it though due to FFP so it will be a big problem
Quite big article with TF on 11:47 - Apr 26 with 1054 viewsTacticalR

The other day I noticed that the Tune Hotel in Praed Street had become the Point A Hotel.

According to the following article this will leave the Tune group with 3 hotels in the UK. Although the word 'rebrand' is used, this seems to be a sale to Naushad Jivraj's Queensway group.

Launch of Point A Hotels will rebrand five Tune Hotels
https://www.thecaterer.com/articles/494945/launch-of-point-a-hotels-will-rebrand

Apparently the plan as recently as 2014 was to have 32 Tune hotels in the UK by 2019:

Budget group Tune Hotels set to open 25 UK hotels by 2019
https://www.thecaterer.com/articles/353806/budget-group-tune-hotels-set-to-open-
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 11:58]

Air hostess clique

Quite big article with TF on 16:22 - Apr 26 with 978 viewsSimonJames

Talking the club up before trying to sell perhaps?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Quite big article with TF on 18:07 - Apr 26 with 923 viewsPunteR

Quite big article with TF on 09:47 - Apr 26 by daveB

We can't spend it though due to FFP so it will be a big problem

I might be being a bit unfair but ive got a suspicion TF and Co are using FFP thing as an excuse not to spend money.
We all know the FFP is flawed, it just seems to me ludicrous to let it dictate our potential demise down the leagues.

Especially when our owners are minted..
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 18:15]

Quite big article with TF on 18:11 - Apr 26 with 913 views2Thomas2Bowles

Quite big article with TF on 18:07 - Apr 26 by PunteR

I might be being a bit unfair but ive got a suspicion TF and Co are using FFP thing as an excuse not to spend money.
We all know the FFP is flawed, it just seems to me ludicrous to let it dictate our potential demise down the leagues.

Especially when our owners are minted..
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 18:15]

That thought had crossed my mind but maybe it's a good thing keeping the books in check.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Quite big article with TF on 19:16 - Apr 26 with 885 viewsNW10Hoop

They've kept their cards pretty close to their chests about FFP, but without any clues I've kind of formed the opinion that they might semi go for it once the FFP case is settled. By go for it, I mean pay the going rate for a striker
Quite big article with TF on 20:33 - Apr 26 with 847 viewsPunteR

Quite big article with TF on 19:16 - Apr 26 by NW10Hoop

They've kept their cards pretty close to their chests about FFP, but without any clues I've kind of formed the opinion that they might semi go for it once the FFP case is settled. By go for it, I mean pay the going rate for a striker

I think they have to. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should start signing over the hill prem players on 4 year contracts or stop buying bargain L1 players, but I do think they'll also have to push the boat out a little and buy a couple of top quality championship players.

Quite big article with TF on 21:31 - Apr 26 with 824 viewsSaycey

I wrote a blog on IndyRs about this interview today if anyone is interested...

http://www.indyrs.co.uk/2017/04/chasing-rainbows-learning-lessons-rewriting-hist
Quite big article with TF on 06:14 - Apr 27 with 775 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Quite big article with TF on 14:10 - Apr 25 by paulparker

Does anyone seriously still believe all of this bull sh1t

Technically, it's called Tony Pony!

I suppose the question I'd like to ask him would be: 'Tony, at what point in the spunking of half a billion pounds to achieve absolutely nothing, did you realise you were totally and utterly clueless?'

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Quite big article with TF on 09:00 - Apr 27 with 732 viewsdanehoop

Quite big article with TF on 06:14 - Apr 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Technically, it's called Tony Pony!

I suppose the question I'd like to ask him would be: 'Tony, at what point in the spunking of half a billion pounds to achieve absolutely nothing, did you realise you were totally and utterly clueless?'

I think that the penny dropped and he realised it was the emperors new clothes when harry was expoyas the charlatan that has and Phil beard was exposed as a glorified facilities many.

Never knowingly understood

Quite big article with TF on 11:02 - Apr 27 with 703 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Quite big article with TF on 09:00 - Apr 27 by danehoop

I think that the penny dropped and he realised it was the emperors new clothes when harry was expoyas the charlatan that has and Phil beard was exposed as a glorified facilities many.

Not sure it was at that point....we still had the appointment of Ramsey to come not once, but twice!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024