Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quite big article with TF 14:00 - Apr 25 with 5107 viewsbosh67

Sounds surprisingly chipper considering.

https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/article/ive-learnt-the-hard-way-tony-fernandes-on-

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Quite big article with TF on 14:10 - Apr 25 with 3575 viewspaulparker

Does anyone seriously still believe all of this bull sh1t

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Quite big article with TF on 14:23 - Apr 25 with 3528 viewsdaveB

He's always talked a good game
Quite big article with TF on 14:29 - Apr 25 with 3506 viewsdanehoop

Surprisingly perhaps, to some extent I actually do.

Clearly TF is now sticking closely to the new core script provided by the media team, but I do think he has a genuine passion for QPR and has definitely caught the bug. In fact probably his biggest failing during the tenure at the club has been his acting like a fan and not like a chairman.

Decisions that as a business man he wouldn't normally have countenanced in terms of investment but are deemed acceptable in football are a testament to that. Another typical example is his posting messages on social media. Like so many QPR fans he rushes a well intentioned comment after a result, perhaps after overdoing the beer, which ultimately turns out to have been very ill judged after the event. You only have to look at the almost bipolar nature of those posting on here after each game to see echoes of the same approach.

For now though, he has sensibly hired in others to carry out professional due dilligence and operational/strategic management and appears to working towards a long term sustainable plan. Provided he keeps to that approach and restrains his enthusiams and avoids allowing himself to be drawn into knee jerk comments or decisions he'll be fine.

Never knowingly understood

Quite big article with TF on 14:33 - Apr 25 with 3497 viewshoof_hearted

By way of explaining his chippyness...

Laying out a fortune to watch your club/business (barf) get nowhere while spending millions of your hard earned was total misery so the only way was up, to be fair.
Quite big article with TF on 14:35 - Apr 25 with 3494 viewspeejaybee

Quite big article with TF on 14:10 - Apr 25 by paulparker

If its all Bullsh1t I would like 10 Buckets of it.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Quite big article with TF on 15:08 - Apr 25 with 3438 viewssimmo

TF article talking about learning his lesson for real this time number 142.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Quite big article with TF on 15:25 - Apr 25 with 3400 viewsNW5Hoop

Quite big article with TF on 14:29 - Apr 25 by danehoop

Surprisingly perhaps, to some extent I actually do.

Clearly TF is now sticking closely to the new core script provided by the media team, but I do think he has a genuine passion for QPR and has definitely caught the bug. In fact probably his biggest failing during the tenure at the club has been his acting like a fan and not like a chairman.

Decisions that as a business man he wouldn't normally have countenanced in terms of investment but are deemed acceptable in football are a testament to that. Another typical example is his posting messages on social media. Like so many QPR fans he rushes a well intentioned comment after a result, perhaps after overdoing the beer, which ultimately turns out to have been very ill judged after the event. You only have to look at the almost bipolar nature of those posting on here after each game to see echoes of the same approach.

For now though, he has sensibly hired in others to carry out professional due dilligence and operational/strategic management and appears to working towards a long term sustainable plan. Provided he keeps to that approach and restrains his enthusiams and avoids allowing himself to be drawn into knee jerk comments or decisions he'll be fine.

I'd have more sympathy with that point of view if he hadn't done the same thing at Caterham as he did at QPR: threw money away with no return in performance. I don't think he was carried away by enthusiasm in either case; I think he was incompetent.
Quite big article with TF on 15:33 - Apr 25 with 3384 views00calben

Buffoon.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 15:39]
Login to get fewer ads

Quite big article with TF on 15:47 - Apr 25 with 3328 viewspeejaybee

Quite big article with TF on 15:33 - Apr 25 by 00calben

Buffoon.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 15:39]

But,A Rich Buffoon.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Quite big article with TF on 15:47 - Apr 25 with 3328 viewsBostonR

Quite big article with TF on 14:10 - Apr 25 by paulparker

Most businessmen/entrepreneurs have failures and I guess that is how he sees it. For me, he is decent Chairman and is supported by some decent folks on the Board and in the club. I want him to succeed.
Quite big article with TF on 16:00 - Apr 25 with 3285 viewsderbyhoop

If it was the first time, I'd be more sympathetic but it's always about learning lessons and doing things differently. It might, just might, actually be different from now on. The fact that he refers to Manning and Furlong coming through the Academy is a good sign. Whether any of the others, currently out on loan, or biding their time in the U23s, can also progress will be a test of his resolve.

Let's face it, we still haven't resolved the FFP issue, we lost another £11m last year, we're struggling to fill an outdated 18,000 capacity stadium, we still haven't got a modern training facility and we're still not mathematically safe this year. There's one hell of a lot to do.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Quite big article with TF on 16:03 - Apr 25 with 3276 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well he is not a crook, as arry said had his pants taken down .. a few times

Maybe our next chairman will be like Leyton Orient's

Be careful what you wish for.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Quite big article with TF on 16:13 - Apr 25 with 3251 viewspaulparker

Quite big article with TF on 15:47 - Apr 25 by BostonR

Most businessmen/entrepreneurs have failures and I guess that is how he sees it. For me, he is decent Chairman and is supported by some decent folks on the Board and in the club. I want him to succeed.

I don't mean to come across as rude but could you please define in what aspect TF has been decent for QPR football club,
I want him to succeed but that ship has well and truly sailed I wouldn't trust him to run a bath , 6 years he has been here and we are a million miles away from that NW championship team a team he destroyed by his massive ego of trying to be something he or us are not , we have wasted 200 million and are possibly looking at a 3rd relegation only this time to League 1 we have gone so far backwards its untrue , so decent chairman and tony fernades shouldn't even be in the same sentence
simmo is right cut and paste that article to the last 6 summers

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Quite big article with TF on 16:21 - Apr 25 with 3223 viewspaulparker

Quite big article with TF on 16:03 - Apr 25 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well he is not a crook, as arry said had his pants taken down .. a few times

Maybe our next chairman will be like Leyton Orient's

Be careful what you wish for.

True

I reckon its much better to be dropping down the leagues with such a nice guy running us it makes all the difference I think , especially that lovely smile of his
#bestchairmanever

Quite big article with TF on 16:34 - Apr 25 with 3196 views2Thomas2Bowles

Quite big article with TF on 16:21 - Apr 25 by paulparker

True

I reckon its much better to be dropping down the leagues with such a nice guy running us it makes all the difference I think , especially that lovely smile of his
#bestchairmanever

Well he has dropped the golden egg a couple of times there is no dying

But is he not trying to do what most wanted get back to being whatever it was we were.

Do we have any other choice in trying to do that.

He is not even the Chairman anymore, how much of the club does he own now days
As far as I can tell he does not make all of the decisions anymore so keeping on whinging about him is a waste of bandwidth.

Quite big article with TF on 16:44 - Apr 25 with 3169 viewspaulparker

Quite big article with TF on 16:34 - Apr 25 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well he has dropped the golden egg a couple of times there is no dying

But is he not trying to do what most wanted get back to being whatever it was we were.

Do we have any other choice in trying to do that.

He is not even the Chairman anymore, how much of the club does he own now days
As far as I can tell he does not make all of the decisions anymore so keeping on whinging about him is a waste of bandwidth.

disagree TF has got away scott free from the shambles he has created , if it were Thompson, Wright, Briatore they would have been burned at the stake

we are only trying to get back to what we were because he wasted 200 million , instead of being a Burnley a stoke or a Bournemouth with a solid premier league footing we are now looking at League 1 maybe not this season but the next , that's down to him and his mismanagement and giant ego

Quite big article with TF on 16:49 - Apr 25 with 3153 viewsdaveB

Quite big article with TF on 16:44 - Apr 25 by paulparker

disagree TF has got away scott free from the shambles he has created , if it were Thompson, Wright, Briatore they would have been burned at the stake

we are only trying to get back to what we were because he wasted 200 million , instead of being a Burnley a stoke or a Bournemouth with a solid premier league footing we are now looking at League 1 maybe not this season but the next , that's down to him and his mismanagement and giant ego

exactly right, if he had learnt anything it would have been in the first 18 months when he threw money at big names under Warnock then sacked him, then threw money at big names under Hughes then sacked him.

When Hughes left that should have been the time to say sod this lets start doing it properly but instead he threw more at Redknapp and we went down.

After going down that had to be the time to say OK, we've blown a lot of money, lets start again, rebuild in the championship, we have bags of money still so can build a decent young side here but no he threw more money at Redknapp, who in fairness made some decent signings, but still it was always throwing money at it and we went up spending fortunes but learning nothing.

Same mistakes again in the prem and when lessons were learnt after relegation number 2 and Ferdinand tried to make the right changes the money had run out so we were trying to do it the right way with none of the advantages we should have had so basically it's unlikely to work.

A complete cock up by Fernandes from day one, how people can forgive him yet slaughter Ferdinand and Holloway is beyond me.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 16:51]
Quite big article with TF on 16:52 - Apr 25 with 3136 viewspaulparker

Quite big article with TF on 16:49 - Apr 25 by daveB

exactly right, if he had learnt anything it would have been in the first 18 months when he threw money at big names under Warnock then sacked him, then threw money at big names under Hughes then sacked him.

When Hughes left that should have been the time to say sod this lets start doing it properly but instead he threw more at Redknapp and we went down.

After going down that had to be the time to say OK, we've blown a lot of money, lets start again, rebuild in the championship, we have bags of money still so can build a decent young side here but no he threw more money at Redknapp, who in fairness made some decent signings, but still it was always throwing money at it and we went up spending fortunes but learning nothing.

Same mistakes again in the prem and when lessons were learnt after relegation number 2 and Ferdinand tried to make the right changes the money had run out so we were trying to do it the right way with none of the advantages we should have had so basically it's unlikely to work.

A complete cock up by Fernandes from day one, how people can forgive him yet slaughter Ferdinand and Holloway is beyond me.

Post of the season DaveB spot fcuking on

Quite big article with TF on 16:54 - Apr 25 with 3133 views2Thomas2Bowles

It's not that I disagree with you both but until there is a GOOD alternative and I'm sure they will run it by you first...

What you going to do ?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 16:55]

Quite big article with TF on 17:09 - Apr 25 with 3071 viewsterryb

Quite big article with TF on 16:54 - Apr 25 by 2Thomas2Bowles

It's not that I disagree with you both but until there is a GOOD alternative and I'm sure they will run it by you first...

What you going to do ?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 16:55]

Actually, it isn't up to their being a GOOD alternative.

IF they decide to sell that will be that. and the question has to be asked if they can afford not to sell? Can Tune etc. afford to keep financing Queens Park Rangers? I would have my doubts. It may be that selling at a loss will be less than the money spent in continuing to subsidise the club.

When it seemed that they could profit from Old Oak there was a reason for staying, but does that still apply?

Of course we don't know if new ownership would be a disaster for us. Perhaps it would be an owner like the bloke at Orient. On the other hand, perhaps it would be like those at Brighton or Brentford!

IMO being pro or anti Tune comes down to why you think they became involved in the first place. All of us have our views on that, but none of us know if we are correct.
Quite big article with TF on 17:52 - Apr 25 with 2971 views2Thomas2Bowles

Quite big article with TF on 17:09 - Apr 25 by terryb

Actually, it isn't up to their being a GOOD alternative.

IF they decide to sell that will be that. and the question has to be asked if they can afford not to sell? Can Tune etc. afford to keep financing Queens Park Rangers? I would have my doubts. It may be that selling at a loss will be less than the money spent in continuing to subsidise the club.

When it seemed that they could profit from Old Oak there was a reason for staying, but does that still apply?

Of course we don't know if new ownership would be a disaster for us. Perhaps it would be an owner like the bloke at Orient. On the other hand, perhaps it would be like those at Brighton or Brentford!

IMO being pro or anti Tune comes down to why you think they became involved in the first place. All of us have our views on that, but none of us know if we are correct.

GOOD alternative
Well that's why I said maybe they will run it past PP and dave first.....

Quite big article with TF on 18:08 - Apr 25 with 2932 viewsstevec

No one can deny he got it massively wrong but, unlike a lot of Chairman, it was his money he blew and he covered the lot himself. Rangers haven't got that old debt on the books have they?

You lost me by paragraph 4 but, given he'd blown not far short of 200 mill by 31st Dec 2014 I would suggest the biggest mistake he made was not giving it one last hurrah in Jan 2015 transfer window and try and keep a 17th/18th place team in the promised land.

Instead, whether he told Les or Les told him to sidetrack Redknapp, he committed hari kari by not spending a penny and the rest is history.

Stay up and we'd have been £120 mill better off each year, as it is we are now staring down the barrel of another relegation, if not this year then next. A new stadium seems dead in the water and I can't imagine the owners are that keen proceeding with a training ground if we look destined for League One.

An all round cock up I'd agree, but Ferdinand supposedly 'making the right changes' occurred in Jan 15, which may have been the right idea but at completely the wrong time.
Quite big article with TF on 18:10 - Apr 25 with 2923 viewsPunteR

Pretty well sums up TF time here.

Changing the badge is the only thing he's done right. Plus appointing Hoos and getting Ferdinand here, although that appointment came at a massive risk and TF probably had his fingers crossed.

This statement made me larf - "We finally said, as the owners of the club: 'Look, let's do this properly... "

Its only taken him 6 years and a quarter of a billion pounds..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Quite big article with TF on 18:47 - Apr 25 with 2840 viewsloftus77

All good tub-thumping stuff from Tony at a difficult time for the club but what always rankles with me is this phrase:

'"What we've learnt is that you can't really buy your success," Fernandes says,'

Really? Its taken him nearly 6 years to work out what any Rangers fan could have told him for free in 5 minutes in August 2011? I still can't believe that a successful international businessman would have done so little research (or paid for it) on our club, similar clubs of our stature (such as, say, erm, West Ham), or English football in general prior to his arrival or just after.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 18:47]
Quite big article with TF on 19:11 - Apr 25 with 2769 views2Thomas2Bowles

Quite big article with TF on 18:08 - Apr 25 by stevec

No one can deny he got it massively wrong but, unlike a lot of Chairman, it was his money he blew and he covered the lot himself. Rangers haven't got that old debt on the books have they?

You lost me by paragraph 4 but, given he'd blown not far short of 200 mill by 31st Dec 2014 I would suggest the biggest mistake he made was not giving it one last hurrah in Jan 2015 transfer window and try and keep a 17th/18th place team in the promised land.

Instead, whether he told Les or Les told him to sidetrack Redknapp, he committed hari kari by not spending a penny and the rest is history.

Stay up and we'd have been £120 mill better off each year, as it is we are now staring down the barrel of another relegation, if not this year then next. A new stadium seems dead in the water and I can't imagine the owners are that keen proceeding with a training ground if we look destined for League One.

An all round cock up I'd agree, but Ferdinand supposedly 'making the right changes' occurred in Jan 15, which may have been the right idea but at completely the wrong time.

THIS

And may the lord make us truly thankful amen

It's very easy to slate off owners from the outside but it's not our money they are spunking.

What was it Favio said £25 punters.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2017 19:24]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024