Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calling All Real Fans 20:41 - Apr 25 with 3822 viewsFredManRave

An interestng couple of comments at the end of the article as well.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/we-have-to-come-together-to-beat-nottingham-forest

'We have to come together to beat Nottingham Forest' says QPR boss Ian Holloway

Queens Park Rangers boss Ian Holloway has called for 'real fans' to get behind his struggling side as they prepare to welcome Nottingham Forest to Loftus Road on Saturday. Rangers were beaten 3-1 at west London rivals Brentford at the weekend, their sixth defeat in a row which leaves the Rs just five points above the relegation trap door.
Holloway came in for criticism from sections of the travelling supporters at Griffin Park and now wants the players, staff and supporters to be together ahead of Forest's visit.
The Rangers boss said: "Anyone who is a real QPR fan has to take this one on the chin with dignity because we have to come together to beat Forest."
A win in the capital would see Mark Warburton's side overtake Holloway's men and effectively seal their survival with just one game to go.

QPR, meanwhile, have been nervously looking over their shoulder having not won since thumping Rotherham 5-1 last month."We need to think clearly under pressure and we have to get back to doing that every week," said Holloway, who was reappointed QPR boss in November."We have to dust ourselves down, start again and find a way of playing that's nailed down. Brentford played well, I hate to say it, but now it's about how much you care and how you do it."Six games ago we were top of the form table and since then we've had one win to get and we still need it."
Forest haven't won away from home in 2017 and have just two wins on the road all season - both coming in the same week back in November - but will arrive at Loftus Road buoyed by their showing against the Royals and looking to make it seven defeats on the spin for Rangers.Holloway admits that his side just need a positive result against the Reds to make their Championship future secure: "For me it's simple. We have to draw or win next week," added the Rangers boss.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Calling All Real Fans on 21:34 - Apr 25 with 2886 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Amazing that he thinks a draw will do it.
It might but not for sure.
Calling All Real Fans on 22:09 - Apr 25 with 2809 viewsBoston

Calling All Real Fans on 21:34 - Apr 25 by CroydonCaptJack

Amazing that he thinks a draw will do it.
It might but not for sure.

Amazing that he thinks 'real fans' can't be critical of his performance.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Calling All Real Fans on 22:25 - Apr 25 with 2776 viewsBrightonhoop

Calling All Real Fans on 22:09 - Apr 25 by Boston

Time and a place though, no? Saturday isn't it.
Calling All Real Fans on 22:25 - Apr 25 with 2774 viewspaulparker

Never mind real fans turning up how about a real football team or a real manger actually turning up ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Calling All Real Fans on 22:35 - Apr 25 with 2741 viewsBrightonhoop

Calling All Real Fans on 22:25 - Apr 25 by paulparker

Never mind real fans turning up how about a real football team or a real manger actually turning up ,

Or you could start a thread 'Supporters who want to see us relegated.'
Or fone the Club in the morning and offer TF £300 Mil to fck off.....I'm sure they will put you though.
Calling All Real Fans on 22:50 - Apr 25 with 2692 viewsjohncharles

Calling All Real Fans on 22:25 - Apr 25 by paulparker

I'm turning up to support QPR

Strong and stable my arse.

Calling All Real Fans on 23:00 - Apr 25 with 2679 viewsdaveB

Calling All Real Fans on 22:09 - Apr 25 by Boston

That's not really what he said though
Calling All Real Fans on 23:15 - Apr 25 with 2643 viewsNorthernr

Classic click bait headline and intro bearing little relation to the quotes.

This thing about a point being enough is odd though, seen a few fans saying the same thing. For us to go down Blackburn have to win twice and Birmingham have to get 4 points, if they both do then we're down with a draw and a loss so a point doesn't alter the equation at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Calling All Real Fans on 23:39 - Apr 25 with 2609 viewsMatch82

Calling All Real Fans on 23:15 - Apr 25 by Northernr

This thing about a point being enough is odd though, seen a few fans saying the same thing. For us to go down Blackburn have to win twice and Birmingham have to get 4 points, if they both do then we're down with a draw and a loss so a point doesn't alter the equation at all.

A point v Forest does open a couple extra options.
Forest would have their last game to overtake us, Burton would have to pick up at least at point from two games or it goes to goal diff, and Blackburn would have to win one of their games by two goals (or us to lose last game by two goals)

But you're right, if results go against us a point isn't enough to guarantee safety.
Calling All Real Fans on 00:43 - Apr 26 with 2547 viewskensalriser

A point v Forest makes it quite a lot less likely that they'll finish above us.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Calling All Real Fans on 00:56 - Apr 26 with 2536 viewssmegma

Can anyone be a real fan' or is it an exclusive membership club ?
Calling All Real Fans on 01:44 - Apr 26 with 2512 viewsBoston

Calling All Real Fans on 00:56 - Apr 26 by smegma

Can anyone be a real fan' or is it an exclusive membership club ?

Nah, there's all types spreading sh1t.

[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 1:47]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Calling All Real Fans on 06:11 - Apr 26 with 2419 viewsLblock

I thought a couple of weeks back the party line was anyone who thought we were going down was a dramatic girl?
There was no way a combination of results was going to occur to put us in jeopardy?!

I was nervous back then, now I'm positively sh1tting myself!!!

Hopefully Huddersfield have their eyes firmly fixed on third place as I do think them beating Brum effectively keeps us up.
Angers and amazes me we're having to think like this

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Calling All Real Fans on 07:10 - Apr 26 with 2367 viewsLadbrokeR

I'm a bit confused am I suppposed to be taking six consequetive defeats on the the chin. Or is it the second run of six consequetive defeats or is it just the inept performance at Brentford. If I keep dusting myself down I might find the answer.
Calling All Real Fans on 07:11 - Apr 26 with 2365 viewsstevec

Away trips to Wimbledon, Charlton, Millwall, Oxford, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Southend, MK Dons, Peterborough, Northampton, Bristol Rovers, Gillingham and potentially Exeter or even, wait for it...Luton.

If it all goes tits up, next season in Division Three South don't look such a bad thing.
Calling All Real Fans on 07:13 - Apr 26 with 2359 viewsLadbrokeR

Calling All Real Fans on 06:11 - Apr 26 by Lblock

I thought a couple of weeks back the party line was anyone who thought we were going down was a dramatic girl?
There was no way a combination of results was going to occur to put us in jeopardy?!

Hopefully Huddersfield have their eyes firmly fixed on third place as I do think them beating Brum effectively keeps us up.

l block apparently Huddersfield have come out and said they are playing a weakened team
Calling All Real Fans on 07:42 - Apr 26 with 2311 viewsLblock

Calling All Real Fans on 07:13 - Apr 26 by LadbrokeR

l block apparently Huddersfield have come out and said they are playing a weakened team

Fcukin great.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Calling All Real Fans on 07:58 - Apr 26 with 2290 viewsNorthernr

Calling All Real Fans on 06:11 - Apr 26 by Lblock

Typical click bait post bearing little relation to what was actually said.

The combination of results required to send us down is, still, remarkable but it always existed and I said on that hilarious thread where everybody was aggressively arguing with each other that the team we support would definitely be relegated it would be typical QPR if it happened.

Hopefully it'll turn out like last season, when you were adamant in February we wouldn't win another match and even went to the trouble of writing all remaining 16 fixtures out with either DRAW or LOSS next to them. You shitting yourself is nothing new.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Calling All Real Fans on 08:11 - Apr 26 with 2266 viewspaulparker

Calling All Real Fans on 22:35 - Apr 25 by Brightonhoop

Or you could start a thread 'Supporters who want to see us relegated.'
Or fone the Club in the morning and offer TF £300 Mil to fck off.....I'm sure they will put you though.

Quick question

Are you backwards or do they let you out on day release ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Calling All Real Fans on 08:30 - Apr 26 with 2217 viewsDorse

I, for one, am utterly sick of bloody imaginary fans, sitting in silence, filling up seats that real fans could use to support the team. Come on real fans, show them what's what!

Look at them all. Makes me sick, the bastards.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Calling All Real Fans on 08:45 - Apr 26 with 2171 viewsBrightonhoop

Calling All Real Fans on 08:11 - Apr 26 by paulparker

Quick question

Are you backwards or do they let you out on day release ?

Such razor wit.

Seriously, everything you post without fail is a depressing, angry diatribe without fail. Genuinely worried for your mental health , cant be a barrell of laughs for your poor ol' Doris and family. Get some help.
Calling All Real Fans on 09:28 - Apr 26 with 2105 viewsnadera78

Nothing to do with the headline, but there is a quote in there that's a little interesting:

"We have to dust ourselves down, start again and find a way of playing that's nailed down..."

It's almost as if the Ian Holloway talking to the press was a completely different Ian Holloway to the one who's been picking the team since November. A team that rotates in random ways game by game, during games, sometimes within minutes of the previous change, often with no discernible pattern or logic. Nailed down, indeed.
Calling All Real Fans on 09:33 - Apr 26 with 2098 viewsrobith

Thread only took 20 posts for people to start insulting each other's mental health.

Pack it in the pair of you
Calling All Real Fans on 09:36 - Apr 26 with 2088 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Calling All Real Fans on 09:33 - Apr 26 by robith

Thread only took 20 posts for people to start insulting each other's mental health.

Pack it in the pair of you

I thought it did well to get to 20!
Calling All Real Fans on 09:41 - Apr 26 with 2073 viewsrobith

Calling All Real Fans on 09:36 - Apr 26 by CroydonCaptJack

I thought it did well to get to 20!

Yeah I was counting and once it got past 12 I thought "This isn't quite as impactful a statement any more"

But point stands
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024