Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cinematography 20:48 - Apr 25 with 1381 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm watching BBC4 Wild Ireland

Amazing Cinematography almost every frame is a wonder , worth watching (catch up) if you are in to photography.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Cinematography on 23:11 - Apr 25 with 1332 viewsMrSheen

Missed it unfortunately. Any Kerry coast?
Cinematography on 01:01 - Apr 26 with 1314 viewssmegma

Cinematography on 23:11 - Apr 25 by MrSheen

Missed it unfortunately. Any Kerry coast?

Yes and Clare. I agree it was beautifully filmed and an amazing documentary/travelogue. Scenes of humpbacks and dolphins, gannets and puffins were incredible. Some of the sunset scenes were gorgeous but annoyingly some were too dark to see the real beauty.
Cinematography on 02:41 - Apr 26 with 1299 viewsBoston

Thanks for the tip, very enjoyable.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cinematography on 07:24 - Apr 26 with 1266 views2Thomas2Bowles

Glad you enjoyed it.

I was thinking wow I'd love a print of that, then the next scene then the next and so on.

Cinematography on 08:34 - Apr 26 with 1232 viewshopphoops

I caught the end of it, and agree it was absolutely stunning.

Is it really that beautiful over there, or rather is it possible to get to these places and find yourself alone on a sunny day? It seems to good to be true.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Cinematography on 09:34 - Apr 26 with 1214 views2Thomas2Bowles

Cinematography on 08:34 - Apr 26 by hopphoops

Is it really that beautiful over there, or rather is it possible to get to these places and find yourself alone on a sunny day? It seems to good to be true.

Well clearly the cinematographer knew his stuff with lighting and would have used filters and all sorts but you still have to have the subject matter, the birds, animals, whale and dolphins and so on were pretty amazing filming.

The BBC do it better than anyone else and that was up there with the very best IMO.

Would be pretty hard to get anywhere close yourself without the vantage points they had.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 9:39]

Cinematography on 09:39 - Apr 26 with 1205 viewsrobith

I recently turned from someone who thinks BBC4 is important but never watches, to an avid viewer. I must be old now.

Wild Ireland is tops
Cinematography on 09:43 - Apr 26 with 1200 views2Thomas2Bowles

BBC3 on line do some good doc's

Channel4 too.

Login to get fewer ads

Cinematography on 09:48 - Apr 26 with 1195 viewsBrightonhoop

Cinematography on 09:34 - Apr 26 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well clearly the cinematographer knew his stuff with lighting and would have used filters and all sorts but you still have to have the subject matter, the birds, animals, whale and dolphins and so on were pretty amazing filming.

The BBC do it better than anyone else and that was up there with the very best IMO.

Would be pretty hard to get anywhere close yourself without the vantage points they had.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 9:39]

Saw one earlier this month and it was stunning.

There are some wonderful parts on the west coast if you find the time.

And whilst some of it is skewed with filters etc (you'll never get that deep rich red with the sun still so high in the sky but they clearly needed to move on before sunset so got the filters out) it was very cleverly done.

The cameraman is credited equally as the presenter which is rare. And you get a sense of them just dawdling along and getting lucky, stopping and filming, which is wonderful. A very fine place on this earth.
Cinematography on 10:06 - Apr 26 with 1171 viewsMrSheen

There are some awesome clifftop walks near where I go in Kerry where you look down at the birds way beneath you, but you would need to be on a boat at the bottom (if you dare) to get anywhere near them. Rarely anyone around. Irish people don't do outdoors!
Cinematography on 10:29 - Apr 26 with 1156 viewsKonk

Cinematography on 09:39 - Apr 26 by robith

I recently turned from someone who thinks BBC4 is important but never watches, to an avid viewer. I must be old now.

Wild Ireland is tops

BBC4 is great, but not as good as Cbeebies, which I'm pretty much relying on for my son's education. The BBC is a genuinely great institution and I wish politicians would leave the fu ckers alone. In terms of aging, I occasionally catch myself watching Countryfile...

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Cinematography on 10:49 - Apr 26 with 1142 viewsDorse

Cinematography on 10:29 - Apr 26 by Konk

BBC4 is great, but not as good as Cbeebies, which I'm pretty much relying on for my son's education. The BBC is a genuinely great institution and I wish politicians would leave the fu ckers alone. In terms of aging, I occasionally catch myself watching Countryfile...

Bloody Countryfiles, stalking the meadows with their vile perversions. Lock 'em up, I say.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Cinematography on 10:59 - Apr 26 with 1128 viewsMick_S

Me too!!!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Cinematography on 11:20 - Apr 26 with 1117 viewsMetallica_Hoop

BBC4 is it's best channel by miles.

The Last Kingdom is also rather excellent again.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Cinematography on 11:23 - Apr 26 with 1111 viewsrobith

Countryfile? Woah mate, I said I'd gotten old, not become a Tory
Cinematography on 11:38 - Apr 26 with 1098 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Yes loved this program too. Thought the camera work was incredible and the sound. Also the presenter Colin Stafford Johnson was exellent. Brilliant having him simply rowing up the coast.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Cinematography on 13:04 - Apr 26 with 1050 viewsBoston

Cinematography on 08:34 - Apr 26 by hopphoops

It really is that beautiful over there and you will often find your self all alone....trouble is there are only half a dozen days a year that are sunny.

Cinematography on 13:10 - Apr 26 with 1041 viewsTonto

I think just about everyone can agree, that when it comes to Natural History TV documentaries, the BBC leads the world. And by some distance.

It really annoys me that on Discovery channel docs, they spend the first 5 minutes after every add break recapping what's previously been shown. And the cinematography isn't a patch on the BBC

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Cinematography on 15:38 - Apr 26 with 1003 viewsBoston

Cinematography on 13:10 - Apr 26 by Tonto

I think just about everyone can agree, that when it comes to Natural History TV documentaries, the BBC leads the world. And by some distance.

It really annoys me that on Discovery channel docs, they spend the first 5 minutes after every add break recapping what's previously been shown. And the cinematography isn't a patch on the BBC

Well, they do have a never ending supply of your money to play with.

Cinematography on 03:33 - May 1 with 822 viewsMrSheen

I've just got round to watching this. Fantastic stuff, though he had access to places that are completely out of bounds to the rest of us. I've lived near Richmond Park for twenty years and never seen the stags going at each other like he showed! The Macgillicuddy Reeks area from Killarney to Waterville is an enormous natural space, hardly inhabited at all.

This is the Bolus Head walk near my place that looks out over the Skelligs.

http://walksireland.com/?p=440
[Post edited 1 May 2017 3:34]
Cinematography on 16:07 - May 2 with 718 viewsBrightonhoop

Cinematography on 03:33 - May 1 by MrSheen

I've just got round to watching this. Fantastic stuff, though he had access to places that are completely out of bounds to the rest of us. I've lived near Richmond Park for twenty years and never seen the stags going at each other like he showed! The Macgillicuddy Reeks area from Killarney to Waterville is an enormous natural space, hardly inhabited at all.

There was some footage somewhere of a Stag in Richmond Park chasing a fella up a tree, very funny, not for the bloke obviously.

I used to photograph them during the season, September I seem to recall, but the golden rule was to stand downwind of them, if the Stags perceive you as competition they will come after you, as the bloke up a tree found lol.
Cinematography on 18:19 - May 2 with 692 viewsBoston

Cinematography on 03:33 - May 1 by MrSheen

Saw a few slags around Richmond Station once or twice.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024