Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield and their next game 07:05 - Apr 26 with 6873 viewshorshamHoop

It's against Birmingham and here is the Huddersfield boss commenting after last night's win. Looks like they will play their reserves in their next two games and the first one is against - yes Birmingham. Lucky, lucky 'Arry!!

OH - and Congrats to Huddersfield - good side.

Huddersfield head coach David Wagner: "You cannot imagine how big this achievement is. The journey marches on into the play-offs.
"I'm happy for the chairman and everyone at this football club. We've all worked so hard to make this happen.
"We will now make the right decisions in the next two games to keep everybody fresh for the play-offs.
Huddersfield and their next game on 07:25 - Apr 26 with 4774 views2Thomas2Bowles

And Villa have nothing to play for.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Huddersfield and their next game on 08:20 - Apr 26 with 4644 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yes, we must hope that their reserves are all pushing for a place and will still be too good for Brum.

Or, we can just win our our last home game and then it doesn't matter.

I can't believe we are in this position!
Huddersfield and their next game on 09:08 - Apr 26 with 4550 viewsWatford_Ranger

Paul Robinson, at the age of 96, has been suspended for the final games for what looked like an unintentional kick in the Villa game.

Huddersfield's reserves are good enough to get at least a point there anyway.
Huddersfield and their next game on 09:38 - Apr 26 with 4485 viewsToast_R

They would be mad to throw away a chance of securing the top two playoff spots. Home advantage in the second leg is massive I reckon. Fulham and Sheff Wed can't stop winning below them.
Huddersfield and their next game on 09:45 - Apr 26 with 4475 viewsdaveB

It doesn't matter what anyone else does really, we just need to win one game, if we don't then we deserve to go down
Huddersfield and their next game on 09:48 - Apr 26 with 4463 views2Thomas2Bowles

Huddersfield and their next game on 09:45 - Apr 26 by daveB

It doesn't matter what anyone else does really, we just need to win one game, if we don't then we deserve to go down

Forest are not safe themselves so it won't be easy.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Huddersfield and their next game on 10:00 - Apr 26 with 4418 viewsdaveB

Huddersfield and their next game on 09:48 - Apr 26 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Forest are not safe themselves so it won't be easy.

of course it won't be but we can't rely on everyone else.

When we were safe in the playoffs a few years back many on here called for Redknapp to rest Austin and co for the playoffs when we were playing sides down the bottom
Huddersfield and their next game on 10:19 - Apr 26 with 4371 viewsPinnerPaul

This "nothing to play for" is a bit of a myth and makes betting tis time of year impossible.

Teams with nothing to play for often beat teams that have - obviously Stoke beating Bolton for us springs to mind!
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield and their next game on 11:01 - Apr 26 with 4277 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Huddersfield and their next game on 10:19 - Apr 26 by PinnerPaul

This "nothing to play for" is a bit of a myth and makes betting tis time of year impossible.

Teams with nothing to play for often beat teams that have - obviously Stoke beating Bolton for us springs to mind!

Drew*

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Huddersfield and their next game on 11:10 - Apr 26 with 4249 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yes, very good point.
I remember Bolton needing a point either last season or the one before that for the play offs and they had a really easy fixture and blew it
Huddersfield and their next game on 11:28 - Apr 26 with 4204 viewsCamberleyR

Norwich on the 17th April 1976...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Huddersfield and their next game on 11:41 - Apr 26 with 4165 viewsPinnerPaul

Huddersfield and their next game on 09:45 - Apr 26 by daveB

Only actually NEED 2 points, & 1 will probably be enough.
Huddersfield and their next game on 11:46 - Apr 26 with 4147 viewsPinnerPaul

Huddersfield and their next game on 11:01 - Apr 26 by RANGERS4EVER

Drew*

Yes, drew, sorry, but the "point" is still valid!
Huddersfield and their next game on 11:53 - Apr 26 with 4124 viewsBerkoRanger

If this tax fraud thing at Newcastle is proved and they get points deducted, then Huddersfield could have a REAL chance of finishing 2nd and should therefore play their strongest team for their last 2 games.
Straw clutching or what......
Huddersfield and their next game on 12:00 - Apr 26 with 4096 viewsJamesB1979

Huddersfield and their next game on 11:46 - Apr 26 by PinnerPaul

Yes, drew, sorry, but the "point" is still valid!

Well only that you'd have normally expected stoke to have beaten a poor bolton side at home. The fact that it was a draw and based on highlights (and match report i read) bolton were unlucky not to win it.

Personally, I do think all teams try whatever position they are in but it is only natural for teams to drop slightly if nothing to play for. It may make no difference but in tight games it can.
Huddersfield and their next game on 12:14 - Apr 26 with 4046 viewstoboboly

Huddersfield and their next game on 11:53 - Apr 26 by BerkoRanger

If this tax fraud thing at Newcastle is proved and they get points deducted, then Huddersfield could have a REAL chance of finishing 2nd and should therefore play their strongest team for their last 2 games.
Straw clutching or what......

Even if the fraud thing wasn't in play I am surprised he would play a reserve team because they still need some points to get an 'easier' draw for finishing highest.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Huddersfield and their next game on 12:21 - Apr 26 with 4017 viewsPinnerPaul

Huddersfield and their next game on 12:00 - Apr 26 by JamesB1979

Well only that you'd have normally expected stoke to have beaten a poor bolton side at home. The fact that it was a draw and based on highlights (and match report i read) bolton were unlucky not to win it.

Personally, I do think all teams try whatever position they are in but it is only natural for teams to drop slightly if nothing to play for. It may make no difference but in tight games it can.

Yes that's true, but equally a "relaxed" team at this level can produce a good result.
Huddersfield and their next game on 13:08 - Apr 26 with 3935 viewsYorkRanger

I still dont believe we will go down as I dont believe (amongst other things) that Blackburn will win 2 games.

That said if we do go down that will mean we will have lost 8 on the spin and got beaten at home by Forest. You have to say that if this is the outcome we will have got absolutely what we deserved.
Huddersfield and their next game on 14:18 - Apr 26 with 3813 viewsNorthernr

Huddersfield and their next game on 13:08 - Apr 26 by YorkRanger

I still dont believe we will go down as I dont believe (amongst other things) that Blackburn will win 2 games.

That said if we do go down that will mean we will have lost 8 on the spin and got beaten at home by Forest. You have to say that if this is the outcome we will have got absolutely what we deserved.

Yeh it'll mean we'll have lost more games at home than ever before, suffered a record home defeat, lost our last eight games of the season, lost six in a row twice in a season having only done so three times before in the club's history - one thing we won't be able to say is it wasn't deserved.
Huddersfield and their next game on 15:22 - Apr 26 with 3739 viewsW7Ranger

Huddersfield and their next game on 11:41 - Apr 26 by PinnerPaul

Only actually NEED 2 points, & 1 will probably be enough.

Not necessarily. In fact probably not.

If we draw Saturday and lose by one goal to Norwich. We'll end up on 51pts with -13 goal difference.

If Blackburn win there last 2 games by 1 goal, they will also be 51pts with -13 goal difference.

Does it then go to goals scored? Head to head? If it's goals scored they are 49 and we are 50, so chances are if Blackburn win both games they are likely overtake or at least match us. If it goes head to head, then we're down!

So, minimum 2pts for me please...
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 15:24]
Huddersfield and their next game on 15:28 - Apr 26 with 3723 viewsQPR_John

Huddersfield and their next game on 15:22 - Apr 26 by W7Ranger

If we draw Saturday and lose by one goal to Norwich. We'll end up on 51pts with -13 goal difference.

If Blackburn win there last 2 games by 1 goal, they will also be 51pts with -13 goal difference.

Does it then go to goals scored? Head to head? If it's goals scored they are 49 and we are 50, so chances are if Blackburn win both games they are likely overtake or at least match us. If it goes head to head, then we're down!

If GD is the same it goes to goals scored
Huddersfield and their next game on 15:54 - Apr 26 with 3679 viewsW7Ranger

Huddersfield and their next game on 15:28 - Apr 26 by QPR_John

If GD is the same it goes to goals scored

So that really could go either way then as only 1 in it now. Either way, if we draw one and lose the other and Blackburn win there 2, they will AT LEAST match our goal difference. So let's hope we score some goals in the last two games but only lose by 1 to Norwich. Hopefully Blackburn will only win by 1-0 both games!

Who do Forest play last game? As a draw against them would mean they have to win there last game for them to go above us.
Huddersfield and their next game on 15:55 - Apr 26 with 3678 viewsPinnerPaul

Huddersfield and their next game on 15:22 - Apr 26 by W7Ranger

1 pt would mean both Birmingham AND Blackburn would need to win both games AND Forest would need to win last game.

That's 5 wins - even the most pessimistic fan can't think that's "probable"!

Come on!
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 15:55]
Huddersfield and their next game on 16:33 - Apr 26 with 3615 viewsCamberleyR

Huddersfield and their next game on 15:54 - Apr 26 by W7Ranger

So that really could go either way then as only 1 in it now. Either way, if we draw one and lose the other and Blackburn win there 2, they will AT LEAST match our goal difference. So let's hope we score some goals in the last two games but only lose by 1 to Norwich. Hopefully Blackburn will only win by 1-0 both games!

Who do Forest play last game? As a draw against them would mean they have to win there last game for them to go above us.

"Who do Forest play last game?"

Ipswich at home which if they HAVE to win to stay up you'd fancy them to do so, Ipswich's record there is almost as bad as ours.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Huddersfield and their next game on 16:36 - Apr 26 with 3604 viewsW7Ranger

Huddersfield and their next game on 15:55 - Apr 26 by PinnerPaul

1 pt would mean both Birmingham AND Blackburn would need to win both games AND Forest would need to win last game.

That's 5 wins - even the most pessimistic fan can't think that's "probable"!

Come on!
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 15:55]

Ok ok so a draw's good then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024