Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This week's podcast 22:40 - Apr 26 with 942 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/45567
This week's podcast on 22:55 - Apr 26 with 935 viewsFDC

Is it me or is Finney 27% more Irish in this one?
This week's podcast on 09:26 - Apr 27 with 861 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This week's podcast on 22:55 - Apr 26 by FDC

Is it me or is Finney 27% more Irish in this one?

Maybe he's pulling back in a subconscious reaction to Brexit?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

This week's podcast on 09:35 - Apr 27 with 853 viewsdaveB

The point made about width is a good one on the show and one where Holloway has confused me. When Bircham was on the podcast earlier in the season he spoke about a lack of width and needing to get crosses in the box for Sylla. Holloway said similar but we seem to have stopped playing wingers and when you can't spread the play and work crosses into the box the only option is to lump balls in the box and play off that.

I'd hope that Pavel plays on Saturday, he's the only one we have who wants to get down the line and put crosses in the box.
This week's podcast on 09:50 - Apr 27 with 842 viewsBklynRanger

That point about IH over-analysing the opposition definitely rings true to me. It's obviously important to know who you're up against but you can't sacrifice ALL of the cohesion in the team for that. That and the recent deification of Grant Hall are part of the problem - very good player but not the messiah- drives me nuts.

And yes - FInney sounds like he's been home and had a top-up....
This week's podcast on 09:50 - Apr 27 with 842 viewsNorthernr

This week's podcast on 09:35 - Apr 27 by daveB

The point made about width is a good one on the show and one where Holloway has confused me. When Bircham was on the podcast earlier in the season he spoke about a lack of width and needing to get crosses in the box for Sylla. Holloway said similar but we seem to have stopped playing wingers and when you can't spread the play and work crosses into the box the only option is to lump balls in the box and play off that.

I'd hope that Pavel plays on Saturday, he's the only one we have who wants to get down the line and put crosses in the box.

Exactly this. And our best performances all season have come when we do it. It really is odd, I just don't understand it.
This week's podcast on 10:17 - Apr 27 with 805 viewsDesertBoot

Pawel improved with every game for us, then just as he's at his most effective and dangerous - he's dropped!
How Mackie gets the nod over him is beyond me, Pawel would be much better in a front three as well as out and out winger.

Wish I could be like David Watts

This week's podcast on 10:26 - Apr 27 with 794 viewsdaveB

This week's podcast on 09:50 - Apr 27 by Northernr

Exactly this. And our best performances all season have come when we do it. It really is odd, I just don't understand it.

Nicking something else they said which I think explains a lot of the changes is that Holloway spends a lot of time working out how to stop the opposition which worked quite well for us at times.

When he first came in he was all about us imposing ourselves and as we kept losing he changed that to study the opposition, find ways to stop them by laying traps and expose their weaknesses which means the team and tactics tend to change with every game. Trouble is when teams are better than us and find a way through or we just don't play very well he ends up having to change it 2 or 3 times in a game.
This week's podcast on 11:49 - Apr 27 with 745 viewsDejR_vu

It's a real shame Finney doesn't pause for breath. Some of the others have some interesting points to make but he just hijacked the entire podcast.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

This week's podcast on 12:01 - Apr 27 with 733 viewspaulparker

This week's podcast on 11:49 - Apr 27 by DejR_vu

It's a real shame Finney doesn't pause for breath. Some of the others have some interesting points to make but he just hijacked the entire podcast.

maybe because he is actually passionate about the club and hates us getting spanked by Brentford twice in a year as well as losing 6 on the spin , the others all seemed to be making excuses about the recent performances and none of them ever dare criticise anything about the club
Finney seems ok to me at least he feels the pain

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

This week's podcast on 12:20 - Apr 27 with 709 viewsTacticalR

I would like to thank Finney for everything he has done for our club.

Air hostess clique

This week's podcast on 12:27 - Apr 27 with 694 viewsDejR_vu

This week's podcast on 12:01 - Apr 27 by paulparker

maybe because he is actually passionate about the club and hates us getting spanked by Brentford twice in a year as well as losing 6 on the spin , the others all seemed to be making excuses about the recent performances and none of them ever dare criticise anything about the club

Don't disagree at all about his passion. What's going on clearly hurts. I'm not having a personal pop at him, I'm just saying that for a Podcast that's supposed to be a group of fans chewing the fat it's not great having one person monopolising. It was almost a monologue. That's fine down the pub but it doesn't mean everyone wants to listen to it, so it's a bad thing for the podcast in my opinion.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 12:35]

This week's podcast on 12:28 - Apr 27 with 690 viewssimmo

This week's podcast on 12:01 - Apr 27 by paulparker

Not very helpful for a panel podcast though is it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

This week's podcast on 12:51 - Apr 27 with 661 viewspaulparker

This week's podcast on 12:27 - Apr 27 by DejR_vu

Don't disagree at all about his passion. What's going on clearly hurts. I'm not having a personal pop at him, I'm just saying that for a Podcast that's supposed to be a group of fans chewing the fat it's not great having one person monopolising. It was almost a monologue. That's fine down the pub but it doesn't mean everyone wants to listen to it, so it's a bad thing for the podcast in my opinion.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 12:35]

TBH I don't think the podcast has been all that anyway this season which is a shame as it used to be a really good listen
I understand that's its a podcast and your right he did get carried away without some of the others getting a chance to put across their views but I blame that on the fella hosting it not finney who seems to have just had enough
to me though the whole thing seems to nicey and matey without ever really getting to the crux of the problems they dare don't criticise players management or board members and after the season we have had or could yet have that episode was as good as any to dissect the shambles of this season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

This week's podcast on 13:10 - Apr 27 with 633 viewsDejR_vu

This week's podcast on 12:51 - Apr 27 by paulparker

TBH I don't think the podcast has been all that anyway this season which is a shame as it used to be a really good listen
I understand that's its a podcast and your right he did get carried away without some of the others getting a chance to put across their views but I blame that on the fella hosting it not finney who seems to have just had enough
to me though the whole thing seems to nicey and matey without ever really getting to the crux of the problems they dare don't criticise players management or board members and after the season we have had or could yet have that episode was as good as any to dissect the shambles of this season

Yeah, I agree, it would be better if they had people with genuinely opposing opinions so that they could have a real debate. They do seem to be a bit PC, mindful, I guess, that they want guests from the club on. But I think there are ways of taking a 'controversial' view without offending anyone to the point where the club puts them on 'ignore'.

This week's podcast on 13:17 - Apr 27 with 621 viewsTacticalR

This week's podcast on 13:10 - Apr 27 by DejR_vu

Yeah, I agree, it would be better if they had people with genuinely opposing opinions so that they could have a real debate. They do seem to be a bit PC, mindful, I guess, that they want guests from the club on. But I think there are ways of taking a 'controversial' view without offending anyone to the point where the club puts them on 'ignore'.

They should have had a podcast on Brexit.

Air hostess clique

This week's podcast on 13:21 - Apr 27 with 607 viewsstonebridgers

I know Finney can go on sometimes and often goes off in a strange tangent but I don't mind him. He is passionate about the R's and comes up with some good points on how we should be selling ourselves in Shepherds Bush and the surrounding areas. Remember as said on the podcast this week they are not paid for it, he doesn't work in the media and doesn't have any formal training as far as I am aware s we should thank him for giving up a couple of hours each week to be part of a very good podcast.

Stonebridgers

This week's podcast on 15:56 - Apr 27 with 538 viewsSouthend_Rss

This week's podcast on 13:21 - Apr 27 by stonebridgers

I know Finney can go on sometimes and often goes off in a strange tangent but I don't mind him. He is passionate about the R's and comes up with some good points on how we should be selling ourselves in Shepherds Bush and the surrounding areas. Remember as said on the podcast this week they are not paid for it, he doesn't work in the media and doesn't have any formal training as far as I am aware s we should thank him for giving up a couple of hours each week to be part of a very good podcast.

I agree with this.. IMO, i thought the panel were very good this week. Some good points put across.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024