Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re: world embassy etc. 16:56 - Apr 29 with 3207 viewscheeseydane

Apologies if existing thread.
But why are the home crowd cheering on Ding?
Hes playing an Englishman. The crowd are mainly English i would presume being in sheffield.
Been outta blighty for 10yrs now....
scratching my head a bit.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Re: world embassy etc. on 18:20 - Apr 29 with 3116 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Never saw the support the Hurricane got then?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Re: world embassy etc. on 18:36 - Apr 29 with 3062 viewsTacticalR

Didn't you know the English hated each other? And it's only going to get worse now we're all stuck on the same island.

Air hostess clique

Re: world embassy etc. on 19:43 - Apr 29 with 2954 viewsGloryHunter

British sense of fair play, old chap. May the best man win. Toe-to-toe. Jumpers for goalposts etc etc.
Re: world embassy etc. on 21:13 - Apr 29 with 2874 viewsdanehoop

Ding lives in Sheffield (true fact) and is a huge star in China. Tends to attract a big Chinese expat following when he plays in the U.K.

Never knowingly understood

Re: world embassy etc. on 10:56 - Apr 30 with 2751 viewsBklynRanger

Did anybody notice Selby shaking a kid's hand at the end? - I rewound it and I'm 95% certain he was wearing a QPR top! Bizarre!
Re: world embassy etc. on 11:00 - Apr 30 with 2742 viewsenfieldargh

There were two wearing qpr shirts

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Re: world embassy etc. on 11:33 - Apr 30 with 2722 viewsCopenranger

When he first came on to the international scene, he looked out of his depth. I think a lot of people felt a bit sorry for him and cheered for the underdog (that game against Ronnie, where the nerves really got him). Could it be he won some sympathy back then which still carries on.. (he still seems like a quiet, modest player, that wouldn't offend anyone)?
Re: world embassy etc. on 11:35 - Apr 30 with 2720 viewssmegma

Ding has a following from all over the globe. In particular he has a huge following in the U.K. Maybe it's because of the poor treatment he received at the 2007 Masters when he was in tears in the final against OSullivan due to the over partisan crowd.Therefore, the crowd has since took to him. The guy is a star and a thoroughly decent human being. Yet Ronnie O'Sullivan has a bigger following than him back home in China. I doubt Chinese people are asking this very same question. Him and Selby are the two greatest players at the moment. When I got home from QPR last night my wife was very sad when I asked her the score. I guess she's allowed to be as she's Chinese. I was also sad as I love watching him. In snooker there are no international boundaries as players are not representing a country but themselves.
Login to get fewer ads

Re: world embassy etc. on 11:42 - Apr 30 with 2702 viewssmegma

Re: world embassy etc. on 11:00 - Apr 30 by enfieldargh

There were two wearing qpr shirts

What's football got to do with snooker???

Attention seekers all of them irrespective of what club they support. And don't even start me on the bellend who wears a Coventry shirt EVERY day of the tournament. The same bloke who carries a Shrek doll at England games home and away.
Re: world embassy etc. on 12:38 - Apr 30 with 2659 viewsstowmarketrange

Re: world embassy etc. on 11:42 - Apr 30 by smegma

Attention seekers all of them irrespective of what club they support. And don't even start me on the bellend who wears a Coventry shirt EVERY day of the tournament. The same bloke who carries a Shrek doll at England games home and away.

Does that mean I can't wear my qpr shirt at the Ashes tests this winter?I was taking an extra suitcase so that I could wear a different one for all of the 15 days of the 3 tests I'll be there for.
Re: world embassy etc. on 12:45 - Apr 30 with 2645 viewsBklynRanger

Re: world embassy etc. on 11:42 - Apr 30 by smegma

Don't be such a misery guts old boy! Let the boy represent our club at a snooker competition if he wants! I for one salute him.
Re: world embassy etc. on 12:53 - Apr 30 with 2633 viewsTacticalR

Agreed. The right to wear QPR shirts to snooker tournaments must be defended in a free society.

Air hostess clique

Re: world embassy etc. on 13:11 - Apr 30 with 2615 viewskensalriser

Re: world embassy etc. on 12:53 - Apr 30 by TacticalR

Agreed. The right to wear QPR shirts to snooker tournaments must be defended in a free society.

You make a good point there. But would this liberalism extend to full kits?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Re: world embassy etc. on 13:47 - Apr 30 with 2572 viewsBrightonhoop

I am fully expecting John Terry to stroll out in full kit to claim the Trophy.
Re: world embassy etc. on 14:11 - Apr 30 with 2547 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

Re: world embassy etc. on 19:29 - Apr 30 with 2459 viewsBklynRanger

Maybe one of you fine people could skool me a bit? I'm back from The Merica now and there really wasn't too much snooker coverage around (i.e., none): Is the standard as good as it was in the 80s and 90s?

Possibly a daft question but I always remember the two waves when I was a kid/young adult: there was the Griffiths, Davis, Taylor, Higgins etc era - the ones I used to talk to my granny about - she was obsessed with them and very critical of Alex Higgins, always felt he needed to behave himself - a very patriotic woman. Later on was equally obsessed that they 'weren't the same anymore'.

Then there was the Hendry, Ebdon, Drago, White era. That was quality too. But I worry now that Hendry said Selby could be No.1 for the next 10 years. Doesn't sound too competitive. I know nothing these days so It's a genuinely open question.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024