Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most annoying new words 15:05 - May 12 with 10704 viewsrunningman75

Somehow flicking through the daily mail website and saw another article about Gina Miller address a " Remoaner " conference. I think the term people using this term should be hit with a mandatory fine though to balance the argument anyone who names leave voters " fascist or racist " should also be hit with the same fine.
Most annoying new words on 12:49 - May 17 with 1070 viewsizlingtonhoop

Most annoying new words on 09:39 - May 17 by Northernr

Upcoming.

We were quite happy in this country using 'forthcoming' until Sky decided they had to talk like ESPN Sports Center.

Almost as irritating as their insistence on ending every sentence with "shall we?" Let's go across and hear the latest from Arsenal shall we? Let's hear what Jose Mourinho's been whinging on about now shall we? Let's hear who John Terry has called a fcking black cnt now shall we?

Stop asking me mate, you pay no attention when I shout NO at the television anyway so just fcking get on with it.

Which reminds me - Lord Coe as a prime offender - 'going forward' Agh!

Meaningless phrase, supposed to refer to things 'in the future'...
Most annoying new words on 14:01 - May 17 with 1049 viewsR_from_afar

Most annoying new words on 09:39 - May 17 by Northernr

Upcoming.

We were quite happy in this country using 'forthcoming' until Sky decided they had to talk like ESPN Sports Center.

Almost as irritating as their insistence on ending every sentence with "shall we?" Let's go across and hear the latest from Arsenal shall we? Let's hear what Jose Mourinho's been whinging on about now shall we? Let's hear who John Terry has called a fcking black cnt now shall we?

Stop asking me mate, you pay no attention when I shout NO at the television anyway so just fcking get on with it.

Ah, but Sky want to "keep you across" everything.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Most annoying new words on 17:58 - May 17 with 1001 viewsdistortR

when I'm listening to the radio, and someone starts a sentence with "so,..", I prepare to be patronized.
Most annoying new words on 23:02 - May 17 with 966 viewsBluce_Ree

Acca. Firstly, shut up bastard. Secondly, shortening it into a little marketing word takes away from the fact that 99% of the time an accumulator is going to just lose you money because something ridiculous will happen like the Rs winning away from home.

So, yes, if you use the word acca, I'm willing to bet hard cash that you're as much of a tw@t as the blokes in that Ladbrokes advert.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Most annoying new words on 00:25 - May 18 with 949 viewsBrightonhoop

Most annoying new words on 17:58 - May 17 by distortR

when I'm listening to the radio, and someone starts a sentence with "so,..", I prepare to be patronized.

Yep. Although I perceive it as a media training tactic for the launch of 'on message'. Only it doesn't work.

Like Tony Blair starting an answer to a question by demanding 'Listen' like the listener is a nawty school child.

We see you through the bull. Keep it real. Never mind the bollox.
Most annoying new words on 17:11 - May 22 with 874 viewsR_from_afar

OK, this is a number of words, which someone I am LinkedIn with just used, but seriously, what does it mean?

"Time to pay it forward".

If a three year old had used this seemingly randomly assembled collection of real words, I would understand, but come on, this is nonsense.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024