Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP Decision Incoming?! 02:59 - May 17 with 13799 viewsFredManRave

Could be as soon as next week according to The Times article.

I'm apolitical so I'm not registered with The Times but if anybody is and could post the full article I'm sure we'd all appreciate it...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/qpr-set-for-verdict-over-fine-jh58rhz3d

Queens Park Rangers will learn this month whether they will face a fine of £57.9 million for a possible breach of spending limits in winning promotion to the Premier League three years ago.

The west London club’s dispute with the Football League will be heard by an arbitration panel, made up of three QCs, at a hearing next week.

If QPR win the argument, it could have a knock-on effect for Bournemouth and Leicester City, who have also challenged the League’s attempts to impose a fine on them for recording sizeable losses during their promotion to the top flight. Leicester claim the regulations were “unlawful”.

QPR, who were relegated after just one season back in the Premier League, challenged the legality and accounting principles of…

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

FFP Decision Incoming?! on 22:16 - May 20 with 2852 viewsbosh67

FFP Decision Incoming?! on 15:40 - May 18 by FDC

I find it helps to consciously work on feeling pride in place of horror when looking at this...

FFS - €279m of debt and we still can't break into the top 4. It's not f*cking good enough. Sack Sir Les immediately.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

FFP Decision Incoming?! on 16:22 - May 29 with 2486 viewsTGRRRSSS

So the decision never arrived yet then...
FFP Decision Incoming?! on 04:58 - Jun 5 with 2030 viewsFredManRave

FFP Decision Incoming?! on 16:22 - May 29 by TGRRRSSS

So the decision never arrived yet then...

Still no news?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

FFP Decision Incoming?! on 09:29 - Jun 5 with 1957 viewsNorthernr

FFP Decision Incoming?! on 04:58 - Jun 5 by FredManRave

Still no news?!

I did think it was a bit fanciful that after all this time we'd simply have an arbitration hearing "next week" and know the outcome by Friday.
I'm also very suspicious of whether the full details of the punishment will ever leak out publicly because it's probably not going to be in the league's interest. The fine as originally written in the first set of rules we're being punished by would be about £60m, which is punitive and wouldn't pass legal tests. So whatever the outcome, it's going to be less and different from the league's rules, so they're going to lose face to some extent.

If they lose face to the extent of it being a relatively nominal fine then they risk clubs simply turning round and saying "ahh sod the rules, we'll just ignore them and try and go up and pay the piffly fine later.

If the judgement goes more in QPR's favour than the league then they're also going to have clubs like Forest, Blackburn and others coming after them, because they have suffered massively while being placed under lengthy transfer embargoes (Blackburn forced to sell Rhodes, Gestede, Cairney and Hanley to get out of theirs and subsequently relegated).

So unless it is a big double figure fine I suspect you'll get some bland statement about an undisclosed fine being agreed through arbitration, "both sides have signed non-disclosure agreements as part of the deal", slung out late on a Friday night.
FFP Decision Incoming?! on 10:13 - Jun 5 with 1893 viewssmegma

FFP Decision Incoming?! on 04:58 - Jun 5 by FredManRave

Still no news?!

IT was due 2 weeks ago according to the OP. I blame Lee Hoos for its late arrival.
FFP Decision Incoming?! on 14:41 - Jun 21 with 1534 viewsDorse

Has anybody got any idea what is going on? The lack of transfer-based chatter is making me fear the worst. Weren't we supposed to hear something by now? I demand answers!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

FFP Decision Incoming?! on 15:07 - Jun 21 with 1431 viewsSimonJames

FFP Decision Incoming?! on 14:41 - Jun 21 by Dorse

Has anybody got any idea what is going on? The lack of transfer-based chatter is making me fear the worst. Weren't we supposed to hear something by now? I demand answers!

They already know the decision... we're now skint and Sir Les is learning this new negotiation strategy before he goes into the transfer market:

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024