Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Art of Football LFW Pub Guide — Your help needed, prizes on offer 13:52 - May 18 with 9434 viewsNorthernr

Now here's some quality work avoidance for you. It’s been a few years since we updated the pub guide on the site. Here’s the link to it, I’m sure most of you forgot it existed.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/3943

Many of the pubs have changed hands/closed/been refurbished/turned into absolute cntpits since it was written so we’d like to update it and to do this we need your help.

Simply copy the form that follows into your post and fill it in for pubs within striking distance of the ground (Acton, Notting Hill, Hammersmith probs the outer limits but not really fussed). Can be as detailed or as brief as you like, serious or jokey - to be honest we're looking for horrendous abuse for The Pocket Watch above anything else. The more we get the better so don’t worry if somebody has already reviewed your one, we can have as many as we like for each boozer.

By way of incentive, to mark the anniversary of the goal, and as a potentially great gift for Father’s Day, our mates at The Art of Football have kindly offered a Bobby Zamora Wembley Goal t-shirt, sweatshirt or print to a lucky winner who will be drawn at random on May 24 from all the people who’ve submitted a review.

Here’s their QPR collection
https://art-of-football.com/collections/qpr

And here’s the Zamora stuff
https://art-of-football.com/collections/qpr/products/we-needed-a-miracle-print
https://art-of-football.com/collections/qpr/products/we-needed-a-miracle-tee

This post has been edited by an administrator
Art of Football LFW Pub Guide — Your help needed, prizes on offer on 16:08 - May 26 with 1547 viewsLblock

Art of Football LFW Pub Guide — Your help needed, prizes on offer on 12:33 - May 26 by Northernr

LBlock came out of the hat for the prize, well done mate, I'll drop you a DM when I'm back from holiday.

Damn... I hadn't prepared anything so can't make much of a speech but here goes...

I'd like to thank everyone at LFW's. All my life I've targeted owning an item of sartorial elegant clothing with Bobby Zamora emblazoned across it and now that dream has come true. I just cannot sum up what that means to me.
It feels odd as usually I dont win anything but recently I've won two things courtesy of LFW's so it's been a great year. I shall treasure this as I have my recent winning of a Labour Party membership.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Art of Football LFW Pub Guide — Your help needed, prizes on offer on 04:40 - May 27 with 1475 viewsLadbrokeR

Art of Football LFW Pub Guide — Your help needed, prizes on offer on 16:08 - May 26 by Lblock

Damn... I hadn't prepared anything so can't make much of a speech but here goes...

I'd like to thank everyone at LFW's. All my life I've targeted owning an item of sartorial elegant clothing with Bobby Zamora emblazoned across it and now that dream has come true. I just cannot sum up what that means to me.
It feels odd as usually I dont win anything but recently I've won two things courtesy of LFW's so it's been a great year. I shall treasure this as I have my recent winning of a Labour Party membership.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you

Well that surprised me I thought you would start along the lines of I would like to thank Benny, Bungle and Candle face blah blah blah. After which we'd hear something about house music in the nineties finishing off with a frank admission that Holloway has still got a lot do and no doubt mentioning another of your favourites louongo. I'll be looking out for you in your Zamora t shirt. I'll introduce myself.
Art of Football LFW Pub Guide — Your help needed, prizes on offer on 09:35 - May 27 with 1428 viewsLblock

Art of Football LFW Pub Guide — Your help needed, prizes on offer on 04:40 - May 27 by LadbrokeR

Well that surprised me I thought you would start along the lines of I would like to thank Benny, Bungle and Candle face blah blah blah. After which we'd hear something about house music in the nineties finishing off with a frank admission that Holloway has still got a lot do and no doubt mentioning another of your favourites louongo. I'll be looking out for you in your Zamora t shirt. I'll introduce myself.

Like I said....I hadn't prepared anything

Give me a look up in the Adelaide, I'll be the one in the t-shirt with a happy disposition and drinking with the "right nasty b'stards" twins (patron cafe optional)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Art of Football LFW Pub Guide — Your help needed, prizes on offer on 07:49 - May 29 with 1343 viewsLadbrokeR

Art of Football LFW Pub Guide — Your help needed, prizes on offer on 09:35 - May 27 by Lblock

Like I said....I hadn't prepared anything

Give me a look up in the Adelaide, I'll be the one in the t-shirt with a happy disposition and drinking with the "right nasty b'stards" twins (patron cafe optional)

Ok mate you can't be hard to find if you're wearing a Zamora t shirt.
Art of Football LFW Pub Guide — Your help needed, prizes on offer on 11:11 - Jun 22 with 1095 viewsqprxtc

See they've changed O'Donoghues into something called Server. Doesn't bode well.

Was in the Sindercombe Social last night. Was exactly like it sounds.
Art of Football LFW Pub Guide — Your help needed, prizes on offer on 11:32 - Jun 22 with 1085 viewshopphoops

Name of pub: The Salutation

Size: Decent sized main bar, snug and a dining area.

Selection of beers? Now includes surprisingly good bitters and lager from the Wye Valley Brewery.

Price of drinks? Much less than in the home counties.

How full does it get on a matchday? Always manageable.

How are the bar staff? Pleasant, curious about why you're wearing the hoops.

How long does it take to walk to the ground from there? 46 hours according to google maps.

Sky Sports/BT Sport? No but there are some copies of Herefordshire Life.

Suitable for away fans? Never seen trouble.

Suitable for families and kids? Yes but elderly half-cut Majors are its heartland.

Where can you go to smoke? Rolling fields outside.

Beer garden? See above.

As far as pub toilets go, just how bad are these? Fine but the floor's quite hilly, it being a 15th century building.

Does it serve food and is it any good? Yes, and yes, though once i took the crust lid off the steak and kidney pie and the pie underneath had gone awol.

Trendy modern bar, traditional pub or somewhere in between? Trad.

In one sentence why should people visit/steer clear of this pub? Very pleasant and affordable, not very handy for LR, the walk includes about 15 hours along the M40.

Any other business? That's taken me through to lunch.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024