Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie signs new contract 11:00 - May 19 with 7245 viewsBromleyHoop

Yippee. Hopefully he'll score a whopping 2 goals next year.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Mackie signs new contract on 21:02 - May 19 with 1752 viewsfrancisbowles

Mackie signs new contract on 20:52 - May 19 by BromleyHoop

Unfortunately dogs often leave all they can muster on the pitch.

Mackie may be 'the right sort' and a good influence in the dressing room, he may show a lot of effort and desire and may genuinely care for the club but that does not mean that he deserves a new contract. His performances (and this should be the ultimate consideration of wether to award a contract or not) this year have been absolutely dire. He's scored one goal all season. He is not good enough if we want to progress, in my opinion he's not even good enough as a squad player.

I know he's a long way from the likes of Bosingwa, SWP in terms of attitude but his ability is SO limited that I actually feel embarrassed for him when he plays.

I feel he made a big difference to the team when he first came back in January. His form nose dived after that but he was in and out of the match day squad and he wasn't the only one who struggled.

I believe he deserves another year and hopefully with a proper injury free pre season he can be a positive influence on the pitch next season, when required.
Mackie signs new contract on 23:44 - May 19 with 1682 viewsJigsore

Have been playing a season of FM with QPR. Mackie came back from injury early in the new year and scored a screamer buthasn't done anything since. But he's versatile enough that he's good having on the bench.

Then pummeled his agent in halving his wage for another year at the club.

Will report back on this - no doubt absolutely vital information ascertaining whether this is good business or not.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Mackie signs new contract on 00:01 - May 20 with 1671 viewsPunteR

Mackie signs new contract on 20:52 - May 19 by BromleyHoop

Unfortunately dogs often leave all they can muster on the pitch.

Mackie may be 'the right sort' and a good influence in the dressing room, he may show a lot of effort and desire and may genuinely care for the club but that does not mean that he deserves a new contract. His performances (and this should be the ultimate consideration of wether to award a contract or not) this year have been absolutely dire. He's scored one goal all season. He is not good enough if we want to progress, in my opinion he's not even good enough as a squad player.

I know he's a long way from the likes of Bosingwa, SWP in terms of attitude but his ability is SO limited that I actually feel embarrassed for him when he plays.

Harsh mate.
He's scored important goals for us over the years. I thought he played a blinder against Reading this season but probably didn't get a decent run of games, pretty much like most of our players, in and out of the team. Tbf his injuries must have some impact on his form but I think he should have another season at least.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mackie signs new contract on 03:08 - May 20 with 1636 viewsFredManRave

Just another view on this issue.

As at time of going to post the poll is 80% in favour of the extension.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/extension-jamie-mack

Why the extension of Jamie Mackie's deal at QPR could be a crucial piece of business
The decision to extend his QPR stay has had a mixed reaction, but the forward could have a big part to play next season.
The news of Jamie Mackie agreeing to stay at Loftus Road has had a decidedly mixed reaction amongst the Hoops faithful.

According to the poll carried out on the @QPR_GetWest Twitter account, 56% of fans who voted thought offering the forward a new deal was the correct decision, which shows the split in opinions.

The 31-year-old only started six games last season, and many are wondering why the club would spend a chunk of its limited wage budget on a player who may feature on a sporadic basis at best.

But I decided to take a look at the whole Mackie package to look at three reasons why the fans' favourite could play a big role next season.

Experience
The Scotland international is a familiar name in the Championship scene, having played for a number of years for Nottingham Forest, Reading and QPR in the second tier of English football.

Although Mackie isn't likely to be a first team regular in Ian Holloway's side, his knowledge of the league and experience competing in the Premier League, the Championship and on the International stage could be a welcome addition to a largely inexperienced squad at this level.

Desire
Mackie has never been a player described as "prolific" in front of goal, and is not the man who you'd expect to get into double figures in the goalscoring charts, but what he does provide is an exceptional work-rate.
His passion and drive to work hard is exactly what manager Ian Holloway is looking for in his team, and with Mackie in and around the first-team, he will be seen as a benchmark for the levels of determination and desire required to get into what the boss is hoping will be a hard-working and well-drilled QPR side.
If nothing else, Mackie is a worker and their is no quicker way to keep the fans onside than putting in a real shift on a Saturday afternoon.
Allegiance
It's common knowledge that Queens Park Rangers are a club which Mackie holds close to his heart, and so it's safe to assume that last season's disappointing campaign will have hurt the 31-year-old just as much as it hurt the Loftus Road faithful.
As the club looks to rebuild in order to avoid a similarly under-par campaign, a personality like Jamie Mackie will ensure that the players, no matter how much allegiance they have to the badge, will know exactly what the club means to those sitting in the stands, and ensure that every player in that dressing room is giving 110% to give the fans what they rightly deserve.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Mackie signs new contract on 03:29 - May 20 with 1630 viewsPlanetHonneywood

One of those bizarre threads where I find I broadly agree with each post!

One read leaves me agreeing his retention is a poor decision made from the heart and then, another read, and the wisdom of keeping him is obvious.

At best he's a squad player coming off the bench who'll work his nuts off and on that basis, not our worst decision given what's coming over the hill soon. But with JM, it's all about the injuries from here on.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Mackie signs new contract on 09:22 - May 20 with 1581 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

No problem with me! A good club man. If fit he's a good player to have in certain situations.

Funny old world we live in today where every tiny little decision the club makes gets debated to death.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Mackie signs new contract on 09:33 - May 20 with 1569 viewspaulparker

I thought we looked at our best when mackie started games, him and Pawel worked their nuts off on either flank to make the system work, as soon as olly dropped them I thought we lost a lot of momentum and we didn't look the same
mackie hasn't had a proper pre season for over 2 years now if we can get him fit then he is an asset the one thing we should have come to learn is never write him off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mackie signs new contract on 09:56 - May 20 with 1555 viewstraininvain

Mackie signs new contract on 20:25 - May 19 by bosh67

We could be on the brink of an all but crippling FFP fine. Being able to have Mackie around could make quite a difference.

Conversely, it's wages p1ssed up the wall on a player who has rarely been fit since re-signing for the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Mackie signs new contract on 19:16 - May 20 with 1458 viewsHarbour

Jamie has and continues to be vastly underrated has scored.many important goals for us over the years always gives 120% deserves another year as one of our managers once said if only I had 11 Jamie Mackies . Let's hope he has a good injury free year.
Mackie signs new contract on 19:59 - May 20 with 1441 viewsdigswellhoop

waste of money to old to injury prone
Mackie signs new contract on 05:58 - May 21 with 1393 viewsdolcelatte

Mackie signs new contract on 19:16 - May 20 by Harbour

Jamie has and continues to be vastly underrated has scored.many important goals for us over the years always gives 120% deserves another year as one of our managers once said if only I had 11 Jamie Mackies . Let's hope he has a good injury free year.

How exactly does one give 120%?

Pay as you play at best.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Mackie signs new contract on 06:48 - May 21 with 1384 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mackie signs new contract on 05:58 - May 21 by dolcelatte

How exactly does one give 120%?

Pay as you play at best.

Might account for the injuries!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Mackie signs new contract on 20:30 - May 21 with 1256 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

@dolcelatte

You give everything you've got. Then you give a little bit more.
[Post edited 21 May 2017 20:36]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Mackie signs new contract on 10:46 - May 22 with 1162 viewsMyke

At 31 he is certainly not too old -injuries are a different matter. Maybe there is a different role for him on the pitch? I always likened him to James Milner (not the same quality of course ) a player not overly technically gifted, but always gives 100% Look how he reinvented himself as a left back - extremely unlikely this time last year. I don't think we can reasonably lament the departure of Hill as a huge mistake (and even clamour for his return) and then complain about offering Mackie a new deal. They are very similar types of men and we need them around the place. We have just lost one senior pro in Henry and with all the wheeling and dealing planned again this summer we need some experienced heads around the place. Mackie ticks all the boxes in that regard
Mackie signs new contract on 11:10 - May 22 with 1141 viewsDeepcutHoop

Why can't all QPR squad players be brilliant, talented players, who are youthful, full of potential, also experienced and never make mistakes, but also cheap and love QPR as much as we do? And we want them to sign long-term contracts so we can make lots of lovely money if we do sell them, but also with a clause so we can get rid for nothing if inexplicably they turn out, after their first couple of games, to be not fitting in. Also they shouldn't want paying too much.

If they could respond with 150% effort when they're being booed by their own fans, that would be good.

Seriously though, good to see that poll is more sensible. Not surprised to see Mackie not wanted by some, there were people who thought it was a good idea to get rid of that chancing scrounger Faurlin.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024