Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie signs new contract 11:00 - May 19 with 7243 viewsBromleyHoop

Yippee. Hopefully he'll score a whopping 2 goals next year.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Mackie signs new contract on 11:07 - May 19 with 5473 viewshoof_hearted

Excellent news. His playing days are running out but he'll do any job, any time for the club if needed as a squad player and he'll be Olly's changing room man.
Mackie signs new contract on 11:21 - May 19 with 5427 viewstraininvain

Mixed emotions. Really like Mackie but his legs have gone and his contribution on the pitch is likely to be minimal based upon this season.

Maybe a few years ago we could afford to take a punt but the club is working on a budget now and can't help but feel that the wages could be used to better effect elsewhere.

Hope I'm wrong.
Mackie signs new contract on 11:29 - May 19 with 5405 viewsGloucs_R

Mackie signs new contract on 11:21 - May 19 by traininvain

Mixed emotions. Really like Mackie but his legs have gone and his contribution on the pitch is likely to be minimal based upon this season.

Maybe a few years ago we could afford to take a punt but the club is working on a budget now and can't help but feel that the wages could be used to better effect elsewhere.

Hope I'm wrong.

Not sure his legs have gone? Still puts the effort in and is a positive influence in the changing room.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Mackie signs new contract on 11:44 - May 19 with 5364 viewsFredManRave

Mackie signs new contract on 11:07 - May 19 by hoof_hearted

Excellent news. His playing days are running out but he'll do any job, any time for the club if needed as a squad player and he'll be Olly's changing room man.

This upupup (Can't find those up arrows on my keyboard).

Don't see any downside to keeping him on as a squad player who can fill many roles and If I remember rightly the offer was on reduced wages so I really can't see any downside to this.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Mackie signs new contract on 11:51 - May 19 with 5343 viewstraininvain

Mackie signs new contract on 11:29 - May 19 by Gloucs_R

Not sure his legs have gone? Still puts the effort in and is a positive influence in the changing room.

Still puts in the effort but he looked gone at Brentford.
Mackie signs new contract on 11:53 - May 19 with 5330 viewsdaveB

One year on reduced money seems a good move, he's a good man to have in the dressing room
Mackie signs new contract on 12:05 - May 19 with 5300 viewsNorthernr

One year on reduced terms about right, you don't kick people like him out of the dressing room lightly as we've seen several times before in recent years. But he needs a big season form and fitness wise next season if his career isn't just to drift away.
Mackie signs new contract on 12:26 - May 19 with 5235 viewsDorse

I thought he would be signing when they put him and Smithies all over the club promotion for the 1967 / Mark Lazarus event. He seems to be a really positive influence around the club. The deal looks and feels right.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Mackie signs new contract on 13:05 - May 19 with 5131 viewsHooped_Pullie

Am related by marriage to one of Mackie's Scotland international colleagues, who tells me that Mackie absolutely loves the Club, was gutted to leave first time out, and if he doesn't get back near his best on the pitch it won't be for lack of trying : he intends to have one hell of a go.

Hardly bad business, all things considered.
Mackie signs new contract on 13:08 - May 19 with 5114 viewsJAPRANGERS

well he was good init??

Mackie signs new contract on 13:15 - May 19 with 5087 viewssmegma

Mackie signs new contract on 11:53 - May 19 by daveB

One year on reduced money seems a good move, he's a good man to have in the dressing room

Which proves we were paying him too much these past two seasons.
Mackie signs new contract on 13:54 - May 19 with 5008 viewsMatch82

Mackie signs new contract on 13:15 - May 19 by smegma

How much were we paying him last year?
Mackie signs new contract on 14:11 - May 19 with 4960 viewsLadbrokeR

Mackie signs new contract on 12:05 - May 19 by Northernr

One year on reduced terms about right, you don't kick people like him out of the dressing room lightly as we've seen several times before in recent years. But he needs a big season form and fitness wise next season if his career isn't just to drift away.

I think you're being nice. He'll give us another year of beating his chest, kissing the badge and raising his arms to gee the crowd up.
Mackie signs new contract on 14:20 - May 19 with 4941 viewsDaiHo0p

Great in the dressing room hasn't meant we lost so many games though
Mackie signs new contract on 14:20 - May 19 with 4940 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mackie signs new contract on 13:15 - May 19 by smegma

No, it doesn't.

We could have been underpaying him the last two seasons and are now set to underpay him by more.

Elementary, my Dear Watson.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mackie signs new contract on 14:22 - May 19 with 4929 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wise move, I feel.

We need to build a culture of professionalism and respect in our dressing room. We're getting there, but keeping a couple of senior pros like Mackie around is the right thing to do.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mackie signs new contract on 15:25 - May 19 with 4859 viewsNortholt_Rs

Mackie signs new contract on 11:29 - May 19 by Gloucs_R

Yeah as was evidenced this season...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Mackie signs new contract on 16:43 - May 19 with 4786 viewsFredManRave

Mackie signs new contract on 14:11 - May 19 by LadbrokeR

I think you're being nice. He'll give us another year of beating his chest, kissing the badge and raising his arms to gee the crowd up.

I think that's being harsh. Didn't his reintroduction into the first 11 coincide with our wonder run?!

I think we need to bear in mind the level of team that we will be starting next season with and the type and cost of any additions that we may bring in. It's where we are at the moment so being realistic I think it's a good deal based on the parameters and constraints with which we are working within these days.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Mackie signs new contract on 16:48 - May 19 with 4768 viewsMaggsinho

We spent much of our time in the Premiership complaining that the players didn't understand or care for the club and we wanted players who even if they weren't the best around would give their all and want to play for the club.

Given that it seems churlish in the extreme to criticise this.
Mackie signs new contract on 17:12 - May 19 with 4728 viewsPunteR

Good news.
He's a good player, full of enthusiasm. He's had rotten luck with injury's in the past so lets hope he has a good season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mackie signs new contract on 18:52 - May 19 with 4605 viewscorse

blaah...money wasted. even if he is on reduced salary.
he can run all the 90 + mins with huff and puff and chase the ball and players but i havent really seen anything this season from him to prove me he deserved one more year.
im sorry but he is very well past his best before date.
Mackie signs new contract on 19:48 - May 19 with 4548 viewsNorthLondonR

Longest serving player (not concurrent) who constantly refers to his love of the club, leaves everything on the pitch, on reduced wages... christ im really angry... really, really angry.
Mackie signs new contract on 20:08 - May 19 with 4513 viewsthame_hoops

half the problem with him is other players find it hard to understand his broad Scottish accent
Mackie signs new contract on 20:25 - May 19 with 4480 viewsbosh67

We could be on the brink of an all but crippling FFP fine. Being able to have Mackie around could make quite a difference.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mackie signs new contract on 20:52 - May 19 with 4434 viewsBromleyHoop

Mackie signs new contract on 19:48 - May 19 by NorthLondonR

Longest serving player (not concurrent) who constantly refers to his love of the club, leaves everything on the pitch, on reduced wages... christ im really angry... really, really angry.

Unfortunately dogs often leave all they can muster on the pitch.

Mackie may be 'the right sort' and a good influence in the dressing room, he may show a lot of effort and desire and may genuinely care for the club but that does not mean that he deserves a new contract. His performances (and this should be the ultimate consideration of wether to award a contract or not) this year have been absolutely dire. He's scored one goal all season. He is not good enough if we want to progress, in my opinion he's not even good enough as a squad player.

I know he's a long way from the likes of Bosingwa, SWP in terms of attitude but his ability is SO limited that I actually feel embarrassed for him when he plays.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024