Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Julio Arca 14:12 - May 21 with 1930 viewsHayesender

Just won the FA vase with South Shields at Wembley. Nice to see players playing for the love of the game still

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Julio Arca on 14:21 - May 21 with 1905 viewsTacticalR

Did you see that article about him yesterday? He actually likes the north-east.

Julio Arca: ‘The nearest I got to Wembley as a professional was driving past'
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/20/julio-arca-wembley-south-shield

Air hostess clique

Julio Arca on 14:44 - May 21 with 1859 viewsBoston

Julio Arca on 14:21 - May 21 by TacticalR

Did you see that article about him yesterday? He actually likes the north-east.

Julio Arca: ‘The nearest I got to Wembley as a professional was driving past'
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/20/julio-arca-wembley-south-shield

Guardian Journalist : The nearest I got to the North East was passing through on my way to the Edinburgh Fringe.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Julio Arca on 16:06 - May 21 with 1801 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I've just got back from that, I was there with some other R's. Last years game was better but still good fun.

A few misplaced passes from Julio but it was nice to see somebody who clearly doesn't need the money enjoying himself.

That South S. Number 9 was good at 33/34! I think the MOM people mixed him up with the no.8 who won it and was also small and bald.

Decent young keeper for Clees
[Post edited 21 May 2017 16:08]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Julio Arca on 18:08 - May 21 with 1679 viewsBoston

Julio Arca on 16:06 - May 21 by Metallica_Hoop

I've just got back from that, I was there with some other R's. Last years game was better but still good fun.

A few misplaced passes from Julio but it was nice to see somebody who clearly doesn't need the money enjoying himself.

That South S. Number 9 was good at 33/34! I think the MOM people mixed him up with the no.8 who won it and was also small and bald.

Decent young keeper for Clees
[Post edited 21 May 2017 16:08]

Were you a mug, metals?

http://d2dzjyo4yc2sta.cloudfront.net/?url=images.pitchero.com%2Fui%2F282462%2F14

Julio Arca on 18:11 - May 21 with 1673 viewsBoston

Hmm, would I be right in thinking that Cleethorpes play in Grimsby and Grimsby play in Cleethorpes? That's going to make an interesting derby one day.

Julio Arca on 20:08 - May 21 with 1581 viewssmegma

Forget Arca, what about Jon 'The Beast' Parkin in the following Trophy Final for York City???
Scored one , made one and was a nuisance all game.
Two really good games although the Vase was slightly one sided by the end.
It was an ordeal at times being in Wembley Stadium for over 6 hours especially with the worse food available ANYWHERE and the idiot PA announcer who talked $hit most of the time. But he excelled even himself at the end when he announced the victorious York City manager as Gary Monk.

His name is Gary Mills by the way. European Cup winner with Nottingham Forest in 1980. Before you probably knew what football was.
Julio Arca on 20:53 - May 21 with 1545 viewsBoston

38,000 n attendance, how does that rate alongside other recent finals? I trotted along to a couple myself (fairly sure Blue Star was the winners of one of 'em), back in the mists of time, remember it was odd standing on the terrace with maybe 15,000 in the old Twin Towers.

Julio Arca on 21:05 - May 21 with 1526 viewssmegma

Ground was segregated into four zones. You couldn't leave your zone. I was in Cleethorpes section from the halfway line to corner flag, opposite the dugouts. As soon as Cleethorpes game finished they left for the long drive home. Once South Shields finished celebrating, they left as well. We were left in a section with about 200 people who appeared to be neutrals. Both games were played with half the lower tier empty with Trophy finalist fans sitting in the pub watching on TV before their game.

The FA couldnt run a bath
Login to get fewer ads

Julio Arca on 21:26 - May 21 with 1495 viewsYorkRanger

Julio Arca on 20:08 - May 21 by smegma

Forget Arca, what about Jon 'The Beast' Parkin in the following Trophy Final for York City???
It was an ordeal at times being in Wembley Stadium for over 6 hours especially with the worse food available ANYWHERE and the idiot PA announcer who talked $hit most of the time. But he excelled even himself at the end when he announced the victorious York City manager as Gary Monk.

His name is Gary Mills by the way. European Cup winner with Nottingham Forest in 1980. Before you probably knew what football was.

Seen Parkin a couple of times this year and he is well liked at York. Wins a a lot in the air and his hold up and link up play is very good. Scores his fair share of goals as well but he doesn't chase long balls into the channel!
Julio Arca on 08:25 - May 22 with 1316 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Julio Arca on 18:08 - May 21 by Boston

Were you a mug, metals?

http://d2dzjyo4yc2sta.cloudfront.net/?url=images.pitchero.com%2Fui%2F282462%2F14

Yah in line with the box row 13 just in front of the modern jazz drummer

We lacked pace.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Julio Arca on 09:23 - May 22 with 1254 viewspaulparker

fair play to Arca the likes of Gerrard, lampard& carragher should take note , because Arca plays for the love of the game , he could afford most probably to have walked off into the sunset when he was 33/34 but he carried on playing Sunday football in his adopted area not going out at the "top" or to a care home league in America , he wanted to carry on playing and why not , he got his rewards
Arca reminds me a lot of Ale Faurlin in that he seems a genuine fella who loves playing football and being with the fans , good for him I say

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Julio Arca on 14:19 - May 24 with 1015 viewsPinnerPaul

Julio Arca on 20:08 - May 21 by smegma

Yes I was there.

That 1st 45 minutes of the Trophy final was better than most of what I saw at LR all season and Macclesfield's 2nd goal wins our Goal of the Season competition by a mile!

I was on the tube home by the time of the 2nd trophy presentation!
Julio Arca on 14:32 - May 24 with 998 viewsNorthernr

Julio Arca on 18:11 - May 21 by Boston

Hmm, would I be right in thinking that Cleethorpes play in Grimsby and Grimsby play in Cleethorpes? That's going to make an interesting derby one day.

Yeh that is true actually, Grimsby are on the seafront/river bank and Cleethorpes play on the other side of town at the old Bradley pitches.

Miracle for Cleethorpes to be in a Wembley final, ridiculous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024