Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR - Manchester Arena 23:48 - May 22 with 31115 viewsBakes

Something's going down, reports of an explosion and confirmed deaths.

Bloody hell

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 14:29 - May 23 with 2598 viewsFredManRave

I just can-t get past the utter sadness of it all. The grief and the pain and suffering and life sentence for all those involved is incomprehensible. What a complete and utter waste. Life can be so cruel.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 14:37 - May 23 with 2572 viewsstowmarketrange

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 13:22 - May 23 by Jeff

on a slightly tangential note to this, flew home changing via Istanbul yesterday, and the security there was huge - was fully checked at least 3 times before boarding the plane, military / police presence was everywhere.

Additionally, the laptop ban - people are either not aware, or more likely, ignoring it / trying to chance/blag it - On a plane of 200 passengers, they had to 'confiscate' at least 50 laptops from people at the Gate before the flight...

We had the same thing happen to us 2 weeks ago flying home from Dubai via Istanbul.It was a pain in the ar@e but we all got home safely.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 14:55 - May 23 with 2503 viewsJamesB1979

I don't really understand why there are comments in relation to trident and aircraft carriers in relation to this? Having a military deterrent and combating terrorism are 2 completely separate things. I would like to think that the expenditure on trident and aircraft carriers is a result of advice from the military. I also don't see why you can't spend money on both.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 14:59 - May 23 with 2495 viewsdaveB

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 14:15 - May 23 by Northernr

I wonder what minute we'll have the applause in?

You can be sure they'll do one at the cup final weekend, football loves to get involved
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 15:30 - May 23 with 2425 viewsTheChef

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 14:15 - May 23 by Northernr

I wonder what minute we'll have the applause in?

Have Sky Bet opened a book on it yet?

I see the England Under 20s had the black armbands out already this morning in their game. Must be a key part of any sports team's kit these days.

Actually sports teams should wear black armbands at all times, just to be on the safe side.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 16:41 - May 23 with 2280 viewspaulparker

brilliant piece of journalism , telling it how it is

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/after-manchester-its-time-for-anger

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 16:46 - May 23 with 2269 viewsLythamR

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 14:55 - May 23 by JamesB1979

I don't really understand why there are comments in relation to trident and aircraft carriers in relation to this? Having a military deterrent and combating terrorism are 2 completely separate things. I would like to think that the expenditure on trident and aircraft carriers is a result of advice from the military. I also don't see why you can't spend money on both.

We cant spend money on both because we dont have the money

Probably the wrong thread but exactly who have we ever deterred with our astronomically expensive war toys? I would say nobody certainly in the last 30 years. The world has changed we need to move with the times, defence needs to start at home with with increased funding for intelligence, counter terrorism and plod on the ground, not billions of pounds worth of kit on patrol above the artic circle on the off chance we get a go at blowing some russians to oblivion which would not save a single british life. Trident is about revenge from beyond the grave more than defence.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 16:49 - May 23 with 2255 viewsBromleyHoop

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 12:26 - May 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

We can shut down all the mosques in the world, and it won't change ideology.

You can't fight ideology with physical closure or violence. It's been done and doesn't work. Doesn't work in Russia, doesn't work in China, doesn't work in Turkey, doesn't work in Central Asia.

There is no quick fix.

Educate. Educate. Educate.

It's a long term problem that can only be solved by a long term solution.

I know what a lentil eater that makes me sound like, but pragmatism is the only way of dealing with these things.

I admire your sentiment and optimism but, sadly, you can't educate psychopaths. And as for it being a 'long term problem' is 1400 years long enough for you?

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:27 - May 23 with 2175 viewsSnipper

If you need violence to enforce your ideas.......your ideas are worthless.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:29 - May 23 with 2167 viewsQPR_John

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 16:46 - May 23 by LythamR

Probably the wrong thread but exactly who have we ever deterred with our astronomically expensive war toys? I would say nobody certainly in the last 30 years. The world has changed we need to move with the times, defence needs to start at home with with increased funding for intelligence, counter terrorism and plod on the ground, not billions of pounds worth of kit on patrol above the artic circle on the off chance we get a go at blowing some russians to oblivion which would not save a single british life. Trident is about revenge from beyond the grave more than defence.

Surely we do not know how many have been deterred by the very fact they have been deterred
[Post edited 23 May 2017 17:30]
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:29 - May 23 with 2163 viewsstowmarketrange

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 16:46 - May 23 by LythamR

I don't see Germany and Japan wasting billions on nuclear weapons that we hope will never be used.But as you said,wrong thread.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:40 - May 23 with 2142 viewsPunteR

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 12:26 - May 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

We can shut down all the mosques in the world, and it won't change ideology.

You can't fight ideology with physical closure or violence. It's been done and doesn't work. Doesn't work in Russia, doesn't work in China, doesn't work in Turkey, doesn't work in Central Asia.

There is no quick fix.

Educate. Educate. Educate.

It's a long term problem that can only be solved by a long term solution.

I know what a lentil eater that makes me sound like, but pragmatism is the only way of dealing with these things.

Its an ideology thats only been a problem in the last 20 years. What has changed ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:42 - May 23 with 2139 viewsted_hendrix

Just seen the picture of that poor girl aged 8 on the BBC web page.

For the life of me what kind of thing would want to hurt a little innocent kid like that let alone murder her?

Dreadful just dreadful.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:48 - May 23 with 2120 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:40 - May 23 by PunteR

Its an ideology thats only been a problem in the last 20 years. What has changed ?

Funding.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 18:07 - May 23 with 2077 viewsjohncharles

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:42 - May 23 by ted_hendrix

Just seen the picture of that poor girl aged 8 on the BBC web page.

For the life of me what kind of thing would want to hurt a little innocent kid like that let alone murder her?

Dreadful just dreadful.

It breaks my heart

Strong and stable my arse.

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 18:24 - May 23 with 2039 viewsBromleyHoop

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:40 - May 23 by PunteR

I suggest you learn a bit more about the history of Islam.

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 18:43 - May 23 with 1989 viewsPunteR

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 18:24 - May 23 by BromleyHoop

I suggest you learn a bit more about the history of Islam.

Has Islamic fundamentalit's blowing up children in England always happened then. ? I could be wrong but since 9/11 it seems to have got worse.

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 18:45 - May 23 with 1979 viewsPunteR

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:48 - May 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Funding.

Funding for who?

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 19:04 - May 23 with 1925 viewsBromleyHoop

PunterR- I repeat the answer I gave some moments ago.
[Post edited 23 May 2017 19:04]

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 19:19 - May 23 with 1887 viewssmegma

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 14:20 - May 23 by paulparker

just seen a clip of Jason manford crying and saying don't give in to hate

seriously these "stars" with their self promotion of caring makes me puke
tell that to the little kids and their parents who are dead or have had body parts blown away

He's a Manc. Maybe he knows someone who was there last night.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 20:00 - May 23 with 1814 views2Thomas2Bowles

They were not bombing in europe when Saddam was in charge

Yes a murdering dictator but what a fecking mess now

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 21:21 - May 23 with 1709 viewsmikeygunn

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 19:19 - May 23 by smegma

He's a Manc. Maybe he knows someone who was there last night.

Think his cousin is/was missing. If so you can understand him being a bit upset.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 21:24 - May 23 with 1697 viewsBromleyHoop

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 20:00 - May 23 by 2Thomas2Bowles

They were not bombing in europe when Saddam was in charge

Yes a murdering dictator but what a fecking mess now

Not bombing no....just beheading, murdering and enslaving across a sizeable chunk of Southern Europe for hundreds and hundreds of years. Let's stop excusing the bloody history of Islam because Tony Blair fecked up on WMD.

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 21:26 - May 23 with 1684 viewsmikeygunn

Super plan, sure that will work out really well.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 21:26 - May 23 with 1755 viewsDannytheR

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 21:21 - May 23 by mikeygunn

Think his cousin is/was missing. If so you can understand him being a bit upset.

Yeah, one of the people who is still missing is a family friend of his.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/comic-jason-manford-reveals-family-10483058
[Post edited 23 May 2017 21:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024