Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR - Manchester Arena 23:48 - May 22 with 30981 viewsBakes

Something's going down, reports of an explosion and confirmed deaths.

Bloody hell

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 13:22 - May 25 with 2186 viewsJamesB1979

Bomber's sister trying to justify it. Shocking. They should bang her up.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/manchester-bomb-salman-abedi-wanted-revenge-fo
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 13:49 - May 25 with 2141 views2Thomas2Bowles

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 13:22 - May 25 by JamesB1979

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/manchester-bomb-salman-abedi-wanted-revenge-fo

But there will be those that would agree

I think I hit on that in an earlier post

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 13:49 - May 25 with 2140 viewspaulparker

typical response , the family are a bunch of low life's

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 14:03 - May 25 with 2119 views2Thomas2Bowles

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 13:49 - May 25 by paulparker

typical response , the family are a bunch of low life's

But are we only outraged when it's close to home.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 14:16 - May 25 with 2103 viewsNorthernr

Stupid fcking cow.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 14:35 - May 25 with 2068 viewsrobith

That is making a solid case for one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

You're from Libya but he wants revenge for Syria? Riiiiiiiight
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 15:28 - May 25 with 2032 viewsMrSheen

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 14:35 - May 25 by robith

That is making a solid case for one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

You're from Libya but he wants revenge for Syria? Riiiiiiiight

On America. In Manchester.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 15:51 - May 25 with 2011 viewsJamesB1979

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 13:49 - May 25 by 2Thomas2Bowles

But there will be those that would agree

I think I hit on that in an earlier post

Anyone who is on the radar of the security services should be brought in....then we need to go a bit "Ramsay Bolton" on them.
Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 16:43 - May 25 with 1932 viewsrobith

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 15:51 - May 25 by JamesB1979

Anyone who is on the radar of the security services should be brought in....then we need to go a bit "Ramsay Bolton" on them.

We should torture people under any suspicion whatsoever? Not to be "that guy" but isn't that *kinda* what the bad guys we hate do?
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:05 - May 25 with 1910 viewsNorthernr

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 16:43 - May 25 by robith

We should torture people under any suspicion whatsoever? Not to be "that guy" but isn't that *kinda* what the bad guys we hate do?

And would also radicalise even more people, make even more people want to blow us up.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:07 - May 25 with 1906 viewsBromleyHoop

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 16:14 - May 24 by DannytheR

"Would we have allowed it to happen?"

We did. The Blackshirts marched on Cable Street in 1936, and the police arrested the anti-fascist protestors instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cable_Street
[Post edited 24 May 2017 16:15]

People look back on the battle of Cable St with pride, and rightly so. Now we just have a candle lit vigil and a poem. These are well intentioned but do not defeat the fascists of our day.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:28 - May 25 with 1887 viewsBromleyHoop

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 14:16 - May 25 by Northernr

Stupid fcking cow.

Sorry but didn't you say earlier in this thread that Muslim terrorism has more or less only come about due to Western Intervention in Islamic countries? She's saying that her brother committed this atrocity for exactly that belief. Why is she now a silly cow?

This line is regularly trotted out by Islamic terrorist apologists and lapped up by Western liberals who can indulge in a colossal guilt trip, self loathing and hand wringing. It's utter tosh and the sooner you see what Islamic Fascism is really all about and has always been all about the better.

As an aside I'm not sure what the Phillipines attitude is to Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts but the Islsmic State has overrun some of the island of Mindanao and publicly beheaded the Police Chief. Thailand has suffered from Islamic bombings. Boko Haram have terrorised Nigeria for years and that's got nothing to do with Nigerias support for the Gulf wars. The killing of Jews at Munich etc etc etfeckinc

Terrorising and imprisoning the gay community in Chechnya in concentration camps and hanging gays from cranes in Iran is nothing to do with Tony Blair. A hostile attitude to homosexuality is 14% higher in London than it is in the rest of the UK. Ask yourself why that might be?

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:43 - May 25 with 1865 viewsNorthernr

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:28 - May 25 by BromleyHoop

Sorry but didn't you say earlier in this thread that Muslim terrorism has more or less only come about due to Western Intervention in Islamic countries? She's saying that her brother committed this atrocity for exactly that belief. Why is she now a silly cow?

This line is regularly trotted out by Islamic terrorist apologists and lapped up by Western liberals who can indulge in a colossal guilt trip, self loathing and hand wringing. It's utter tosh and the sooner you see what Islamic Fascism is really all about and has always been all about the better.

As an aside I'm not sure what the Phillipines attitude is to Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts but the Islsmic State has overrun some of the island of Mindanao and publicly beheaded the Police Chief. Thailand has suffered from Islamic bombings. Boko Haram have terrorised Nigeria for years and that's got nothing to do with Nigerias support for the Gulf wars. The killing of Jews at Munich etc etc etfeckinc

Terrorising and imprisoning the gay community in Chechnya in concentration camps and hanging gays from cranes in Iran is nothing to do with Tony Blair. A hostile attitude to homosexuality is 14% higher in London than it is in the rest of the UK. Ask yourself why that might be?

Bombing the sht out of places and leaving a political vacuum will inevitably create a shift of people, some of them very angry and resentful. But some scumbag kid raised in Manchester blowing a load of kids up because of "what's happening in Syria innit" is fcking stupid.

But yeh, good post, lot to think about.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:51 - May 25 with 1832 viewsdaveB

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 14:16 - May 25 by Northernr

Stupid fcking cow.

does she realise America and Manchester are different places, if he wanted revenge against America he was a few thousand miles out
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 18:57 - May 25 with 1761 viewsBromleyHoop

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:51 - May 25 by daveB

does she realise America and Manchester are different places, if he wanted revenge against America he was a few thousand miles out

Again, you are spectacularly missing the point. We are all 'kufar' unbelievers and, as Mohammed himself said, 'kill them wherever you find them'. And as for the Islamic justification for killing children, Mohammed himself said 'they are of them' (kufar).
Of course moderate Muslims will say that this has nothing to do with the Islam I know and love and that's great but it's the millions of nutters around the world who believe this shit.

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 19:15 - May 25 with 1732 viewsJuzzie

Im sick to death of the media giving us in depth profile of these murderers. I dont a fk about his upbringing in Manchester or his family or where he went to school etc etc.

It's this kind of attention that gives them the exposure and martyrdom they crave.
This then encourages others in the belief they'll have eternal fame/infamy.

There should be complete media blackout on them. I doubt they'll do it willingly because it's about paper sales/advertising revenue/clicks etc so Governemnt should then make it law to stop them. Show the world they mean nothing and maybe, just maybe, that'll stop others.

[Post edited 25 May 2017 19:17]
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 19:24 - May 25 with 1720 viewsjohncharles

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 19:15 - May 25 by Juzzie

Im sick to death of the media giving us in depth profile of these murderers. I dont a fk about his upbringing in Manchester or his family or where he went to school etc etc.

It's this kind of attention that gives them the exposure and martyrdom they crave.

There should be complete media blackout on them. I doubt they'll do it willingly because it's about paper sales/advertising revenue/clicks etc so Governemnt should then make it law to stop them. Show the world they mean nothing and maybe, just maybe, that'll stop others.

The first time I've agreed with Trump is when he called them. " these losers "

Strong and stable my arse.

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 19:31 - May 25 with 1712 viewsMrSheen

Yes, but...you then get all the false flag stories. Unidentified man rigs election.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 20:03 - May 25 with 1673 viewsJuzzie

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 19:31 - May 25 by MrSheen

Yes, but...you then get all the false flag stories. Unidentified man rigs election.

Ok, so name them but thats it. No need for the full "This Is [was] Your Life" treatment.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 20:05 - May 25 with 1669 viewsBromleyHoop

A media blackout is the worst possible thing we can do at the moment for, at least, two reasons I can think of at the moment.

1. I'm sorry but you can't live your life in denial and pretend this isn't going on, it is and in the words of Private Eye 'I think we should be told'. As for the bombers details, again we need to know where the threat comes from and the modes of and ease of travel between various states and an intelligence profile of the terrorist.

2. The security services should be open, as far as possible, to more scrutiny about their performance and if there's a blackout that isn't going to happen. It doesn't happen much now! There should be a far more open debate about the threats posed to the UK. By that I mean there are apparently 350 fighters who have returned from a variety of conflict zones who are KNOWN to MI5. Have they been arrested and are in prison? Have they been arrested and are on bail? Or are they just walking about amongst us? If so why?
MI5, The Anti Terrorist Squad, The Home Office, Amber Rudd and Theresa May should be open to scrutiny as to what they are doing with those suspects and how they are protecting the public. Instead we got loads of media lines pumped out about how fantastic MI5 are and how they've prevented loads of attacks. I personally am not convinced. No one gets a free ride when you're talking about protecting children's lives.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 20:10]

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 20:12 - May 25 with 1658 viewsDannytheR

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 17:28 - May 25 by BromleyHoop

I'm not going to take issue with this, although the stuff about "terrorist apologists" and "Western liberals" is all a bit hysterical and tabloid and not borne out by anything on this actual thread.

BUT it always feels like the ways put forward to tackle this are based on wanting to crack a few heads, rather than asking some awkward questions of our own leaders.

It's always talked about as a question of local mosques and "the Muslim community" needing to "root out" these fkers. But should we not also be talking about Britain's ongoing relationship with the Saudis, whose extremist branch of Islam and financial sponsorship of terrorists has been killing Westerners since before 9/11? And Erdogan's Turkey, much of whose intelligence service is known to support ISIS with the country being used as easy access point for jihadis in and out of Syria?

And yet instead we've just sold Erdogan a new fighter jet, while we continue to do endless arms deals with Saudis, our weapons flowing in one direction and their oil in the other.

At some point are we going to point a few fingers at the people "above" us as well as the bloke who runs the corner shop?
[Post edited 25 May 2017 20:14]
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 20:13 - May 25 with 1653 viewsJuzzie

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 20:05 - May 25 by BromleyHoop

A media blackout is the worst possible thing we can do at the moment for, at least, two reasons I can think of at the moment.

1. I'm sorry but you can't live your life in denial and pretend this isn't going on, it is and in the words of Private Eye 'I think we should be told'. As for the bombers details, again we need to know where the threat comes from and the modes of and ease of travel between various states and an intelligence profile of the terrorist.

2. The security services should be open, as far as possible, to more scrutiny about their performance and if there's a blackout that isn't going to happen. It doesn't happen much now! There should be a far more open debate about the threats posed to the UK. By that I mean there are apparently 350 fighters who have returned from a variety of conflict zones who are KNOWN to MI5. Have they been arrested and are in prison? Have they been arrested and are on bail? Or are they just walking about amongst us? If so why?
MI5, The Anti Terrorist Squad, The Home Office, Amber Rudd and Theresa May should be open to scrutiny as to what they are doing with those suspects and how they are protecting the public. Instead we got loads of media lines pumped out about how fantastic MI5 are and how they've prevented loads of attacks. I personally am not convinced. No one gets a free ride when you're talking about protecting children's lives.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 20:10]

When i said media blackout, i was talking about them not giving us in depth profile about their life, not the incident caused or whats going on in tbe world.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 20:57 - May 25 with 1594 viewsBrightonhoop

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 20:13 - May 25 by Juzzie

When i said media blackout, i was talking about them not giving us in depth profile about their life, not the incident caused or whats going on in tbe world.

Sound post Juzzie, in these things all options should be able to be considered.

Was watching the Queen visit earlier, and I don't know if it is because I am in Spain, but it really struck a chord as being classically English in a good sort of way. A woman she spoke to was awaiting surgery and she said about feeling sorry for herself then seeing others injuries etc and said 'well better get grip here and carry on' and old Queenie says something like 'Thats the spirit, such a...such a dreadful thing.' it's a wonderful country from afar at the worst of times.

Anyway, digressing, I wondered at first how many Jihadis were w4nkg to oblivion at Queenie being wheeled out and Trump giving it the big un and whether playing it down would do any good. In not fanning the flames of glory for them fiefs. But the country's got to grieve such a dreadful event and hopefully those facing surgery etc took some strength from her visit. These catholic countries announce numerous days of official mourning, but England does it differently, and expresses it's character in doing so.

It's good to consider all things ultimately, to keep an open mind and question things, not just blithely accept them. So good post. Even in grossly irrational acts like this we have to remain coldly rational or risk being bounced to reactions that otherwise would be rejected. Stay safe out there all. We're fully expecting Tunis type attacks on Spain's beaches this summer, amazed it didn't happen last summer tbh.
Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 22:29 - May 25 with 1512 viewsBromleyHoop

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 20:12 - May 25 by DannytheR

I'm not going to take issue with this, although the stuff about "terrorist apologists" and "Western liberals" is all a bit hysterical and tabloid and not borne out by anything on this actual thread.

BUT it always feels like the ways put forward to tackle this are based on wanting to crack a few heads, rather than asking some awkward questions of our own leaders.

It's always talked about as a question of local mosques and "the Muslim community" needing to "root out" these fkers. But should we not also be talking about Britain's ongoing relationship with the Saudis, whose extremist branch of Islam and financial sponsorship of terrorists has been killing Westerners since before 9/11? And Erdogan's Turkey, much of whose intelligence service is known to support ISIS with the country being used as easy access point for jihadis in and out of Syria?

And yet instead we've just sold Erdogan a new fighter jet, while we continue to do endless arms deals with Saudis, our weapons flowing in one direction and their oil in the other.

At some point are we going to point a few fingers at the people "above" us as well as the bloke who runs the corner shop?

These are of course points of interest but again you are looking at this from a point of view that Western secular democracy's are in some way at fault; we're the ones who are behaving in an inappropriate manner. We sell arms to Ecuador and The Solomon Islands, that is a completely separate issue. Erdogan is a total psycho and he truly scares me but you seem determined to excuse away Islamic terrorism as being the fault of the West when it totally, absolutely isn't.

However before we start putting the world to rights let's get our own house in order first.

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 23:04 - May 25 with 1466 viewsBrightonhoop

Non QPR - Manchester Arena on 22:29 - May 25 by BromleyHoop

These are of course points of interest but again you are looking at this from a point of view that Western secular democracy's are in some way at fault; we're the ones who are behaving in an inappropriate manner. We sell arms to Ecuador and The Solomon Islands, that is a completely separate issue. Erdogan is a total psycho and he truly scares me but you seem determined to excuse away Islamic terrorism as being the fault of the West when it totally, absolutely isn't.

However before we start putting the world to rights let's get our own house in order first.

Yep, Erdogans a lunatic and Trump facilitates him.

Selling arms to Saudi is no longer viable given those arms are used to kill civilians including children in Yemen. I keep thinking about Tianamen Sqaure in China, about people being murdered by the state, in far away places that have no protection in Law. The lust for life must be enormous.

The US strike on an air base with cruise misiles in March killed 105 civilians, including children. That's not collaterall, that's 105 men, women and children going about their business under a gross regime and theatre of war because they cannot get out, trying to survive on a daily basis. Murdered. I really struggle with that. There is nothing glamorous in US Warships in the Med launching missiles killing everyday folk.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 23:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024