Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Targets - From Offish 15:14 - May 23 with 10715 viewsdaveB

Director of Football says Rangers must achieve value for money on targets …

Les Ferdinand says QPR must achieve value for money on transfers this summer
QPR's Director of Football will join Ian Holloway to meet owners this week
LES Ferdinand says QPR are working tirelessly on recruitment to give them the best chance of achieving value for money in this summer’s transfer window.

The club’s Director of Football is working with manager Ian Holloway and recruitment consultant Gary Penrice to build a squad for the 2017/18 campaign after the R’s narrowly avoided relegation this term.

Targets have been identified, but Ferdinand is keen for a sense of caution as the club continues to work its way towards a sustainable future.

Ahead of flying out of the country with Holloway and CEO Lee Hoos to meet the club’s owners, Ferdinand told www.qpr.co.uk: “We have to be realistic about where we are, and do everything we can to ensure we achieve value for money on any transfer business.

“We are working to a tight budget so in order for us to go out and buy players, we may need to sell to raise funds.

“We’ve got targets and we have a board meeting later this week which will give us a clearer picture of how we will move forward.”

Ideally, QPR would only look to make minimal changes to the personnel of the squad during a transfer window, but Ferdinand admits that is unlikely this time around.

“For a while now I have been talking about the need for stability,” he said.

“In the first year I was here we had 13 or 14 players leave, so we had to replenish.

“That’s never an ideal situation or what you want to be doing. I want us to get to the stage where we are only having to add one or two. We are not at that stage yet and, if the funds are available, we will probably be looking to do a little more than that this summer.”

The transfer window is now open until the end of August and Ferdinand believes it is during this period that his role is crucial, as he looks to futureproof any investments the club makes.

“We are looking at targets all the time, and speaking with the manager on a daily basis,” he said.

“He has come in, he’s assessed the squad and identified where he wants to strengthen, and told us the type of players he likes and those that he believes can move the club forward.

“We all have our ideas and our input. It’s not just about now and the manager, but it’s for the future as well - that’s the whole point of the position I am in.

“We can’t base our decisions purely around the manager. We brought Gary Penrice in as a recruitment consultant. That was a QPR appointment with the manager’s blessing. I’ve been trying to bring Gary in for a while, and thought I had him at the start of this season at one point — he came to one of our first games. But Ollie coming in obviously helped us get that one across the line.

“Whatever work we do during this window, we have to make sure we make the best decisions for the club.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/les-ferdinand-transfers-championship-3
Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:17 - May 23 with 6270 viewsNorthernr

Other than Smithies who exactly could they sell for some serious whack? Or is he basically saying Smithies.
Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:21 - May 23 with 6250 viewsdaveB

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:17 - May 23 by Northernr

Other than Smithies who exactly could they sell for some serious whack? Or is he basically saying Smithies.

I reckon they could get money for Ned and Sylla but no one for massive money
Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:25 - May 23 with 6224 viewsMedwayR

More squad turnover, will it ever end?!!

How many do we need this summer? I'd say a CB and a CB/DM to cover for Hall, maybe a RB, LW or CF if any are available on a reasonable deal. So 2 to 5 at the most. Although with Holloway looking to use 7 formations every game we perhaps need more to plug inevitable gaps in the squad...

Try to move on Caulker & Doughty and possibly Gladwin & Petrasso. Loans for Ingram/Lumley, Kakay, Hamalainen & maybe Shodipo/Bowler too.

Poll: Who’s better?

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:25 - May 23 with 6224 viewsNorthernr

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:21 - May 23 by daveB

I reckon they could get money for Ned and Sylla but no one for massive money

Sylla a fairly safe bet, Holloway would probably drive the removal truck himself.
Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:28 - May 23 with 6210 viewsNorthernr

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:25 - May 23 by MedwayR

More squad turnover, will it ever end?!!

How many do we need this summer? I'd say a CB and a CB/DM to cover for Hall, maybe a RB, LW or CF if any are available on a reasonable deal. So 2 to 5 at the most. Although with Holloway looking to use 7 formations every game we perhaps need more to plug inevitable gaps in the squad...

Try to move on Caulker & Doughty and possibly Gladwin & Petrasso. Loans for Ingram/Lumley, Kakay, Hamalainen & maybe Shodipo/Bowler too.

Maybe we could loan Bowler to Everton and charge them an enormous fee for the privilege. That's what Premier League teams think teenagers are for right?
Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:28 - May 23 with 6210 viewsMedwayR

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:25 - May 23 by Northernr

Sylla a fairly safe bet, Holloway would probably drive the removal truck himself.

Because we've got loads of goals in our squad, wasn't Sylla our top scorer? I wouldn't mind trying Ngbakoto-Sylla as a front two, maybe in a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1.

But you're probably right, Holloway doesn't seem to rate him.

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:29 - May 23 with 6202 viewsMedwayR

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:28 - May 23 by Northernr

Maybe we could loan Bowler to Everton and charge them an enormous fee for the privilege. That's what Premier League teams think teenagers are for right?

Good thinking, if you can't beat them join them!

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:34 - May 23 with 6171 viewsTheChef

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:28 - May 23 by MedwayR

Because we've got loads of goals in our squad, wasn't Sylla our top scorer? I wouldn't mind trying Ngbakoto-Sylla as a front two, maybe in a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1.

But you're probably right, Holloway doesn't seem to rate him.

Yes, Sylla was our top scorer with ten goals, then Washington with eight.

So yes, Sylla must go...

Doesn't make for great reading though...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/top-scorers

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:44 - May 23 with 6122 viewsElHoop

I don't get the impression that Holloway is a big fan of either Sylla or Washington, so if somebody offered enough then we might well let them both go.
Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:52 - May 23 with 6086 viewsQPR_John

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:44 - May 23 by ElHoop

I don't get the impression that Holloway is a big fan of either Sylla or Washington, so if somebody offered enough then we might well let them both go.

Before or after or even without replacements.
Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:55 - May 23 with 6076 viewsFredManRave

Or he could just use the bus that he-d previously thrown him under?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:59 - May 23 with 6060 viewsBillericayR

In my office we have video links when discussing with our teams in Singapore.

Does not seem the budget is that tight:-

Ahead of flying out of the country with Holloway and CEO Lee Hoos to meet the club’s owners, Ferdinand told www.qpr.co.uk: “We have to be realistic about where we are, and do everything we can to ensure we achieve value for money on any transfer business.

“We are working to a tight budget so in order for us to go out and buy players, we may need to sell to raise funds.
Transfer Targets - From Offish on 16:21 - May 23 with 5961 viewsdaveB

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 15:59 - May 23 by BillericayR

In my office we have video links when discussing with our teams in Singapore.

Does not seem the budget is that tight:-

If only the owners owned an airline as well, that would save a few quid
Transfer Targets - From Offish on 16:23 - May 23 with 5951 viewsDando

Feels like a bit of an excuse, saying we need so many players. We do need additions, but if used properly - e.g. players in correct positions, players keeping positions after good displays, not rotating formations every minute - then we should have a decent base already.

Players such as Perch, who have been liabilities - should not be coming in ahead of performers such as Furlong - and so on. Put our best 11 out there, unless they are injured or in need of a rest.
[Post edited 23 May 2017 16:24]
Transfer Targets - From Offish on 16:38 - May 23 with 5899 viewssimmo

Teams would want;

Smithies, Hall, Manning, Wszolek

We could sell;

Onouha, Furlong, Luongo, Sylla, Washington, Ngbokoto

Whether we could actually make any decent money on those is another thing. I think we would definitely take a loss on everybody except the 4 teams would want and Furlong, but it's vital we keep all of them (bar Smithies, who could theoretically be replaced without the need to buy again).

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 16:52 - May 23 with 5861 viewsBlackCrowe

Keep Sylla, lose Washignton for me.

Only the midfield feels close to being what we need. It sounds like it's going to be another long season.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 16:54 - May 23 with 5858 viewsElHoop

Probably a stupid question but is there any chance at all of Caulker being fit to play again?
Transfer Targets - From Offish on 17:00 - May 23 with 5822 viewsDorse

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 16:54 - May 23 by ElHoop

Probably a stupid question but is there any chance at all of Caulker being fit to play again?

Bar staff get hernia serving Caulker:

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 17:20 - May 23 with 5770 viewsenfieldargh

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 16:21 - May 23 by daveB

If only the owners owned an airline as well, that would save a few quid

Used Malaysian Airlines in March

26 hour delay in KL for connecting flight, airline is a total shambles and skint

Couldnt even get their delay letter right, worded so that the delay was actually 2 hours a head of schedule

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 17:42 - May 23 with 5716 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 17:20 - May 23 by enfieldargh

Used Malaysian Airlines in March

26 hour delay in KL for connecting flight, airline is a total shambles and skint

Couldnt even get their delay letter right, worded so that the delay was actually 2 hours a head of schedule

His Airline is AirAsia
Transfer Targets - From Offish on 18:21 - May 23 with 5646 viewsBilly_Kershaw

Removal truck? I didn't realise his weight problem was THAT bad!

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 18:42 - May 23 with 5605 viewsfrancisbowles

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 17:42 - May 23 by CroydonCaptJack

His Airline is AirAsia

Don't think Air Asia fly London/KL though!

As for those that may be available, Ingram didn't play in the last game which, if he was going to be used next season, you would have thought he would have had at least 45 mins.
IMHO he has to have first team football next season, somewhere.
Transfer Targets - From Offish on 20:27 - May 23 with 5393 viewsGloucs_R

Massimo Luongo, Manning, Smithies, onouha have all been linked to moves this season.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 20:46 - May 23 with 5356 viewsLowerloftLad

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 20:27 - May 23 by Gloucs_R

Massimo Luongo, Manning, Smithies, onouha have all been linked to moves this season.

How much was smithies brought in for I read that as we are selling smithies

I think we have a decent keeper in Ingram to step up if we do lose smithies

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Transfer Targets - From Offish on 22:03 - May 23 with 5216 viewsDannytheR

I think we might on the end of a bit of a double whammy here — the owners essentially withdrawing their financial support at the same time as a manager is wanting half a new team again (and being prepared to throw players under the bus to force the club's hand).

Doesn't leave us much choice but to sell.

I've got a bad feeling about next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024