Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Typical QPR 11:02 - May 25 with 829 viewskingo

I was just reading Davman's comments on the Transfer Targets thread about the comments made about Warnock's recruitments and the general apathy towards Kenny, Derry, Hill and Mackie. It made me think and whenever I have had high hopes going into a season, they have almost always been dashed (82/83 apart). Conversely, whenever I have thought, we have bought some quality here and look the business, we have usually bombed. So on that irrational basis, we should have a good season this year.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Typical QPR on 11:39 - May 25 with 759 viewsNorthernr

I'm the same, I thought we'd do "ok" last season. I thought Warnock had signed a load of old boys club members and we wouldn't do well. That season Gerry Francis had us with Wardley and Darlington and that lot I thought we'd finish last and we were top half. Thought we'd go well in Hughes' first full season.
Typical QPR on 13:19 - May 25 with 679 viewsToast_R

Agree, the whole of the Flavio era apart from when he decided to let someone else take charge, was always a disappointment.
The season after Gerry Francis had Wardley and co firing I thought QPR would build on that and maybe get close to the playoffs - complete opposite.

The second season after relegation back in 1997/98, I thought QPR could walk to promotion. New owners, Trev signed on another contract, Mike Sharon, Peacock etc and I remember bumping into a random QPR fan in a greasy spoon in Morden, who over heard me talking to my mate about how well QPR should do that season and he butted in shook my hand and we all agreed that would be our year. What happened? Relegation avoided by a gnats ball bag.

As it happens my prediction for next season is average start, poor form in the autumn/winter leading to Ollie's sacking followed by a well deserved relegation but then that's just like another Hollywood disaster movie re-make with better special effects.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 13:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024