Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stan Bowles benefit match 16:32 - May 25 with 3768 viewsHayesender

Saturday 29th July vs Bournemouth.

Now without sounding ungrateful, but they'll be lucky to get a gate of 5000 for this imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Stan Bowles benefit match on 16:35 - May 25 with 3361 viewsW7Ranger

If you really want to go because it's a benefit match for Stan then you'll go whoever the opposition is won't you? At the end of the day, it's still Prem opposition.
Stan Bowles benefit match on 16:43 - May 25 with 3320 viewspaulparker

sounds like all the top clubs are to busy playing a Thailand lady boys eleven to worry about poor old stan, then again most of the cretins who follow these clubs probably wouldn't know who he is
I still think it will sell out , I do hope as well they split the cash and help frank sibley & dave Thomas that would be a great touch

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Stan Bowles benefit match on 16:45 - May 25 with 3303 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I will be on holiday but would certainly go.
No way will there be as few as that there, given the cause.
Stan Bowles benefit match on 16:47 - May 25 with 3296 viewsdaveB

They did well to get a Premier League team, Bournemouth did finish in the top 10 but regardless of who we are playing plenty of been ranting that we will sell out regardless of who we play so the opposition shouldn't really matter
Stan Bowles benefit match on 16:51 - May 25 with 3276 viewsted_hendrix

At last a game at LR I can look forward to going too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Stan Bowles benefit match on 17:03 - May 25 with 3250 viewsNorthernr

Stan Bowles benefit match on 16:43 - May 25 by paulparker

sounds like all the top clubs are to busy playing a Thailand lady boys eleven to worry about poor old stan, then again most of the cretins who follow these clubs probably wouldn't know who he is
I still think it will sell out , I do hope as well they split the cash and help frank sibley & dave Thomas that would be a great touch

At the last supporter meeting I was at they were talking about the setting up of the fund, which is mentioned in the release today with "Stan being the first recipient". That's partly to get round the tax issues you would have with just staging a one off game for one person, but also so the fund will continue to raise cash with friendlies, golf days etc so, like you say, other ex pros can be helped as well.
Stan Bowles benefit match on 17:06 - May 25 with 3239 viewsconnell10

ill be there !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Stan Bowles benefit match on 17:07 - May 25 with 3231 viewshoof_hearted

Stan Bowles benefit match on 17:03 - May 25 by Northernr

At the last supporter meeting I was at they were talking about the setting up of the fund, which is mentioned in the release today with "Stan being the first recipient". That's partly to get round the tax issues you would have with just staging a one off game for one person, but also so the fund will continue to raise cash with friendlies, golf days etc so, like you say, other ex pros can be helped as well.

Brilliant. I was getting really p'eed off at the one who spunked his money at the dogs getting the most help now while a more loyal player like Frank Sibley was not really mentioned. Love Stan but love fairness more.
Login to get fewer ads

Stan Bowles benefit match on 17:11 - May 25 with 3223 viewsDannyPaddox

Why not make it relevant though? I'd rather we play Leyton Orient or Carlisle United. Bournemouth? Premiership whatever. Its QPR v AFC Token Gesture. Hope there's a decent crowd though. If I'm in town I'll be there.
Stan Bowles benefit match on 17:22 - May 25 with 3182 viewsBoston

I watched that Bowles interview with Gerry Francis and Dave Thomas last night. It was great to see how the two of them were still (almost) in awe of Stan's carry on's.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stan Bowles benefit match on 17:40 - May 25 with 3133 viewsdaveB

Stan Bowles benefit match on 17:11 - May 25 by DannyPaddox

Why not make it relevant though? I'd rather we play Leyton Orient or Carlisle United. Bournemouth? Premiership whatever. Its QPR v AFC Token Gesture. Hope there's a decent crowd though. If I'm in town I'll be there.

A competitive game against a prem side should be relevant. Playing a non league or league two side at home wouldn't attract many people.
Stan Bowles benefit match on 18:34 - May 25 with 3018 viewssmegma

Stan Bowles benefit match on 17:40 - May 25 by daveB

A competitive game against a prem side should be relevant. Playing a non league or league two side at home wouldn't attract many people.

Maybe the committee will stop the infighting now. I read something the other where one of them is threatening to sue another member over the use of a twitter handle or something. Utter divs.
Stan Bowles benefit match on 18:46 - May 25 with 2986 viewsRs_Holy

Stan Bowles benefit match on 17:06 - May 25 by connell10

ill be there !

I'm in!
Stan Bowles benefit match on 21:11 - May 25 with 2793 viewsBrightonhoop

Stan Bowles benefit match on 18:34 - May 25 by smegma

Maybe the committee will stop the infighting now. I read something the other where one of them is threatening to sue another member over the use of a twitter handle or something. Utter divs.

Embarrassing. Almost wrecked the whole thing off the way some were carrying on.

Glad it's going ahead. Nice one Bournemouth.
Stan Bowles benefit match on 21:46 - May 25 with 2743 viewsStanisgod

Stan Bowles benefit match on 16:35 - May 25 by W7Ranger

If you really want to go because it's a benefit match for Stan then you'll go whoever the opposition is won't you? At the end of the day, it's still Prem opposition.

Exactly. Its about Stan not the opposition. If your only going to go if its Barca pethaps you shouldnt bother.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stan Bowles benefit match on 22:08 - May 25 with 2700 viewsDannyPaddox

Stan Bowles benefit match on 21:46 - May 25 by Stanisgod

Exactly. Its about Stan not the opposition. If your only going to go if its Barca pethaps you shouldnt bother.

That's my point. It's about Stan. People will turn up anyway. So why not make it a celebration of the man. A game against Slovan Bratislava or FC Köln. The teams he dazzled against in Europe. Some kind of relevance to Stan the Man. Maybe I'm just an old romantic or being too literal but I thought a benefit game for Stan Bowles should be just a bit more special and relevant than a game against Bournemouth. But what do I know. If on the other hand Bournemouth are going to get extra numbers through the door (in a sort of Premiership pied-pipery fashion) and the gate money goes to Stan then I'm all for it.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 22:14]
Stan Bowles benefit match on 23:15 - May 25 with 2635 viewskingsburyR

Don't bother much with pre-Season......but I'll be there.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Stan Bowles benefit match on 23:21 - May 25 with 2625 viewsqpr1976

Sadly I'm working that day, but I'll be buying a ticket anyway.
(And I would have no matter who the oppo was going to be)
Stan Bowles benefit match on 09:30 - May 26 with 2472 viewsterryb

Stan Bowles benefit match on 22:08 - May 25 by DannyPaddox

That's my point. It's about Stan. People will turn up anyway. So why not make it a celebration of the man. A game against Slovan Bratislava or FC Köln. The teams he dazzled against in Europe. Some kind of relevance to Stan the Man. Maybe I'm just an old romantic or being too literal but I thought a benefit game for Stan Bowles should be just a bit more special and relevant than a game against Bournemouth. But what do I know. If on the other hand Bournemouth are going to get extra numbers through the door (in a sort of Premiership pied-pipery fashion) and the gate money goes to Stan then I'm all for it.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 22:14]

I can see where you're coming from, but it has to be remembered that this is our last pre season match. Therefore the game has to have relevance to the club as well.

IMO there are only eight clubs in the world that would definitely make this game a sell out with a further four that might have managed that. None of those would have brought the numbers because of Stan.

We are playing against a good footballing side who are likely to give us an absolute lesson. This is a far better prospect than I can remember for us pre season since the famed '75-76 campaign.

I expect to attend, with my last pre seasson being Kevin Gallen's testimony against Birmingham. I only went that day because of the legends match beforehand! However, it will be because Bournemouth are a side worth watching. Travelling to London to see a glorified kickabout against Leyton Orient or Crewe etc. would have no appeal.
Stan Bowles benefit match on 11:38 - May 26 with 2383 viewsStanisgod

Stan Bowles benefit match on 09:30 - May 26 by terryb

I can see where you're coming from, but it has to be remembered that this is our last pre season match. Therefore the game has to have relevance to the club as well.

IMO there are only eight clubs in the world that would definitely make this game a sell out with a further four that might have managed that. None of those would have brought the numbers because of Stan.

We are playing against a good footballing side who are likely to give us an absolute lesson. This is a far better prospect than I can remember for us pre season since the famed '75-76 campaign.

I expect to attend, with my last pre seasson being Kevin Gallen's testimony against Birmingham. I only went that day because of the legends match beforehand! However, it will be because Bournemouth are a side worth watching. Travelling to London to see a glorified kickabout against Leyton Orient or Crewe etc. would have no appeal.

I was actually thinking to myself that a legends match before the main game may up the crowd more. Missing a trick there I think , there must be a team of Forever Rs fit enough to get a match on , people such as Furs etc. and it wouldnt cost any extra.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stan Bowles benefit match on 12:08 - May 26 with 2343 viewsJuzzie

Although he was before my time, I've seen enough footage to know what a stunning player he was and a real character to boot.

Unfortunately won't be able to make it as have other plans that day, my 50th birthday.

I hope there's a good turnout but slap-bang in the middle of the holidays is going to be a challenge to do this.
Stan Bowles benefit match on 12:27 - May 26 with 2316 viewsDannyPaddox

Stan Bowles benefit match on 11:38 - May 26 by Stanisgod

I was actually thinking to myself that a legends match before the main game may up the crowd more. Missing a trick there I think , there must be a team of Forever Rs fit enough to get a match on , people such as Furs etc. and it wouldnt cost any extra.

A legends match before the main game is a great idea. Rs Legends v Rest of London Legends or something like that. And if we want the place packed to the rafters how about stopping the game on 26 minutes and wheeling a John Terry look-a-like in full-kit in a set of stocks around the pitch. Wet sponges handed out to the crowd. Splat! Have that! May take a few minutes to get the soggy debris off the pitch but everyone will go home happy.
Stan Bowles benefit match on 14:43 - May 26 with 2212 viewsWokingR

Stan Bowles benefit match on 12:27 - May 26 by DannyPaddox

A legends match before the main game is a great idea. Rs Legends v Rest of London Legends or something like that. And if we want the place packed to the rafters how about stopping the game on 26 minutes and wheeling a John Terry look-a-like in full-kit in a set of stocks around the pitch. Wet sponges handed out to the crowd. Splat! Have that! May take a few minutes to get the soggy debris off the pitch but everyone will go home happy.

You might just be onto something there.
Imagine what people might pay to have a pop at John Terry and the extra revenue it would generate on the day.
Stan Bowles benefit match on 23:05 - May 26 with 2051 viewsBoston

Surely the perfect Stan fixture would feature eleven furlongs?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stan Bowles benefit match on 22:18 - May 27 with 1861 viewssmegma

Stan Bowles benefit match on 12:27 - May 26 by DannyPaddox

Sorry, you can't put ideas forward on here. It has to go through the self acclaimed Stan Bowles Benefit mob. Then they can have another huge argument.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024