Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
British Lions Tour Thread 09:42 - Jun 10 with 13497 viewsBlackCrowe

Compelling match against the Crusaders. Farrell looks a class class act.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

British Lions Tour Thread on 10:19 - Jun 10 with 6105 viewsW14Hoop

Having to listen to it on Talkshite. Big win if they hold on despite no tries ( so far )
British Lions Tour Thread on 10:49 - Jun 10 with 6093 viewsHitch

Good performance from the Lions tonight. Good lineout, shaky scrum saved by the frog ref. Defence was excellent in your face smash em style. The halfback, Connor Murray is world class as is Farrell.
British Lions Tour Thread on 11:50 - Jun 10 with 6062 viewsHoopsarrr

World class? He didn't influence the game. He kicked 4 penalties and missed a tackle that almost ended in try. Think you might be jumping the gun, throwing the world class label around.
British Lions Tour Thread on 12:47 - Jun 10 with 6036 viewsozranger

This thread is a bit late.. the near loss to the non-Super Ba bas and then the midweek dumping by the Blues. I watched the first half of this game and nearly fell asleep, The only thing keeping me awake was the large number of mistakes, more so by Canterbury than the Lions. This was a rather poor effort by Canterbury.

The only thing to come out of this match was the immediacy of the referee to award penalties without giving any warning to tell a player they are infringing. That meant stoppage after stoppage where, in the southern hemisphere refs are told to talk more with the players so that the game flows a lot more. I've heard that the French refs (are there two or more) will take on 6 of the 10 matches as referee including two of the tests. I do hope they do not ruin it, or at least this one doesn't. A flowing rugby game can be great to watch.
British Lions Tour Thread on 22:12 - Jun 10 with 5963 viewsHitch

British Lions Tour Thread on 11:50 - Jun 10 by Hoopsarrr

World class? He didn't influence the game. He kicked 4 penalties and missed a tackle that almost ended in try. Think you might be jumping the gun, throwing the world class label around.

'Didn't influence the game'.
His goal kicking won the game!
I would say his general kicking and organisation were hugely influential. Did you watch a different game. He 'missed a tackle', I
British Lions Tour Thread on 23:30 - Jun 21 with 5807 viewsBlackCrowe

A fair selection but where the fck is Itoje???? insane.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

British Lions Tour Thread on 23:42 - Jun 21 with 5799 viewsbob566

Can't remember who but an ex all black said Connor Murray is the only lion who would get in the all blacks team
British Lions Tour Thread on 08:06 - Jun 22 with 5738 viewsPhildo

British Lions Tour Thread on 23:30 - Jun 21 by BlackCrowe

A fair selection but where the fck is Itoje???? insane.

I suppose they think they need impact from the bench to close the game out which is true but Halfpenny is very safe but does not offer impact and neither does Warburton on current form who is lucky to make the 23.

In fairness Gatland (who I am not a fan of) is trying to pick a team to win. If they go well he will get the plaudits but if not....
Login to get fewer ads

British Lions Tour Thread on 08:46 - Jun 22 with 5718 viewsSimonJames

I expected Itoje to start. But at least he'll make the sort of impact coming off the bench that could give the ABs a very nasty surprise.

My puzzlement is that if he's gone with Williams instead of Halfpenny, and he has two other players on the pitch who can play fullback, why hasn't he got a proper cover for the centers (i.e. not pulling Farrell or Daly out of position)?

100% of people who drink water will die.

British Lions Tour Thread on 09:00 - Jun 22 with 5706 viewsPhildo

British Lions Tour Thread on 08:46 - Jun 22 by SimonJames

I expected Itoje to start. But at least he'll make the sort of impact coming off the bench that could give the ABs a very nasty surprise.

My puzzlement is that if he's gone with Williams instead of Halfpenny, and he has two other players on the pitch who can play fullback, why hasn't he got a proper cover for the centers (i.e. not pulling Farrell or Daly out of position)?

I wondered but I guess the thinking is to move Farrell out to 12 and bring on Sexton if that is required- that may even be planned.

Overall I quite like the team picked though.
British Lions Tour Thread on 09:32 - Jun 22 with 5683 viewsrobith

The first team is good. Front row, back row, back 3 all decent. I'm no fan of AWJ, he shouldn't even be touring. Centres are bobbins, but you can only pick what's there - if it's raining the ball won't get past Teo.

The big concern is the bench. Rugby is basically a 23 man game these days, and that bench is worryingly rigid. Sexton, 1/2p and Warburton are fine players, but they start or aren't picked imo. Sexton is clearly there cos they're worried Farrell will break down, but it means rejigging an improvised backline. Stander would've been a better bench pick. If we're 20 down with 20 to go, that bench isn't going to create the greatest comeback of all time
British Lions Tour Thread on 11:36 - Jun 22 with 5631 viewsrobith

Managed to scrape down my thoughts for the blog:

https://thejackalist.wordpress.com/2017/06/22/this-is-your-everest/
British Lions Tour Thread on 14:15 - Jun 22 with 5564 viewsBromleyHoop

I've just watched the film of the losing 2001 Lions tour to Australia. Some of it I found a bit comical especially Andy Robinson's 'input' which consisted of him saying 'build a score, build a score...over' into a two way radio whilst the test matches were in progress. Like the players didn't know the object of the game was to score more points. His other classic piece of motivational inspiration was to use a flip chart during a team talk that revealed the word 'winning'. No tactics, just psychobabble.

This Lions team will have to play out of its skins to get close to the All Blacks.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

British Lions Tour Thread on 15:59 - Jun 22 with 5529 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't follow rugby but surely it's the British and Irish Lions?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

British Lions Tour Thread on 16:35 - Jun 22 with 5505 viewsMedwayR

British Lions Tour Thread on 15:59 - Jun 22 by BrianMcCarthy

No, see the efl streaming thread, Ireland has left the world remember...

Poll: Who’s better?

British Lions Tour Thread on 17:02 - Jun 22 with 5490 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Is it just me or does Liam Williams have the look of a bulked up Spud?

British Lions Tour Thread on 17:32 - Jun 22 with 5467 viewsrobith

British Lions Tour Thread on 17:02 - Jun 22 by WrightUp5hit___

Is it just me or does Liam Williams have the look of a bulked up Spud?

Williams is a bit of a scrote, but given he was a scaffolder before being picked up rather than an academy product, i find it hard not to like him
British Lions Tour Thread on 17:59 - Jun 22 with 5448 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Ask any of the Building Industry posters, Ted etc.

There are only one other trade worse to deal with than scaffolders, and that is asphalters
British Lions Tour Thread on 08:39 - Jun 23 with 5383 viewsPhildo

British Lions Tour Thread on 15:59 - Jun 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I think its now called the Peter O Mahony Cork all stars
British Lions Tour Thread on 09:41 - Jun 23 with 5357 viewsrobith

British Lions Tour Thread on 08:39 - Jun 23 by Phildo

I think its now called the Peter O Mahony Cork all stars

THE PASHUN OF PETER O'MAHONY

I'm worried how he'll play without singing Amhrán na bhFiann loudly and out of tune first. Maybe he'll have a little session to himself before getting on to the pitch
British Lions Tour Thread on 12:58 - Jun 23 with 5317 viewsSimonJames

Just discovered my local is showing the match, serving breakfast, and has a licence from 8:00.
I can sneak out of the house before the missus wakes up... and hopefully I'll be celebrating too much afterwards to be able to tackle her dreaded Saturday chores list.

100% of people who drink water will die.

British Lions Tour Thread on 01:53 - Jun 24 with 5260 viewsHitch

British Lions Tour Thread on 12:58 - Jun 23 by SimonJames

Just discovered my local is showing the match, serving breakfast, and has a licence from 8:00.
I can sneak out of the house before the missus wakes up... and hopefully I'll be celebrating too much afterwards to be able to tackle her dreaded Saturday chores list.

Enjoy your breakfast, the result may be hard to stomach though. All Blacks by 15.
British Lions Tour Thread on 02:33 - Jun 24 with 5253 viewsKiwi76

Auckland is full of Lions fans & will be great atmosphere tonight.
Think will be tight first contest & hope it's not dominated by ref.
Have to back AB's at Eden Park but 12or under
British Lions Tour Thread on 09:04 - Jun 24 with 5188 viewsNoelmc

Good first few minutes by the Lions but now NZ looking very impressive. Fantastic catch by the hooker for the try. Suspect it could be the first of many.

Is that Prav our one-time physio just behind Gatland?
British Lions Tour Thread on 09:12 - Jun 24 with 5180 viewsjohncharles

I'd forgotten how good rugby could be. All Blacks are fantastic. Lions still in it and a bit unlucky.

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024