Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theresa May 21:20 - Jun 10 with 23122 viewseasthertsr

Has there ever been a poorer election campaign? I'm trying to think of a more incompetent, awful, pitiful effort. A year of saying that you won't call an early election. Then you do after a budget u turn. Then you do another u turn in the middle of the campaign. All the while you refuse to take part in the televised debate. I'm trying to think of a reason why this talentless woman should be prime minister but I've run out of any excuse!
Theresa May on 01:33 - Jun 11 with 2830 viewsrbrb999

An observation:

Rather like the hand of God officials that gave 'that' goal years back, 3 of our so-called leaders have made catastrophic single errors that are unforgivable:

1. Blair getting us into the Iraq war;

2. Cameron holding a referendum;

2 Now May who had a majority- thought she was being clever- and now the majority has gone and politics are in disarray.
Theresa May on 02:28 - Jun 11 with 2802 viewsHitch

the walking dead
Theresa May on 05:11 - Jun 11 with 2784 viewsFredManRave

Theresa May on 01:33 - Jun 11 by rbrb999

An observation:

Rather like the hand of God officials that gave 'that' goal years back, 3 of our so-called leaders have made catastrophic single errors that are unforgivable:

2 Now May who had a majority- thought she was being clever- and now the majority has gone and politics are in disarray.

Soley in response to your observations, one of the three is so far and away more responsible for the chaos and suffering in which not only our but many other countries are currently suffering from.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Theresa May on 07:59 - Jun 11 with 2723 views1BobbyHazell

Theresa May on 05:11 - Jun 11 by FredManRave

Soley in response to your observations, one of the three is so far and away more responsible for the chaos and suffering in which not only our but many other countries are currently suffering from.

Absolutely Fred. I can't really see how an action responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people leading to the birth and rise of ISIS compares to two acts of basic democracy.

How is asking society what they think of a certain issue or to vote for a new government 'unforgivable'?
Theresa May on 08:09 - Jun 11 with 2714 viewsWatford_Ranger

I guess it could be argued the referendum was only promised to keep Conservative voters from deserting and really the EU decision is way too complex to be decided by the average bloke on the street. A year later we still don't have a clue what Brexit really will be.

It was opportunistic to call an election after months of saying you wouldn't due to a huge lead in the polls. It was risky to do so for just days before Brexit negotiations are due. However, watching May run to a group of religious fruitcakes is hilarious for now.
Theresa May on 10:01 - Jun 11 with 2611 viewsRangersDave

Don't get me wrong here chaps, I am a Tory voter.

However is it me, or is she starring to go completely barking?
She's got rid of the 2 idiots who did the manifesto etc, and got in someone who had an 'interesting' thought process on things.

Plus if you see her the last couple of days and imagine those faces she pulls to camera with flame red eyes! Eeeeeeeeek.

I'd rather have the dullard known as Sophie Ridge in charge at the minute.
Mind you Corbyn wants his moment or 4 of power and sees himself as prime minister. Oh god nooooooooooo!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Theresa May on 10:39 - Jun 11 with 2576 views2Thomas2Bowles

He owned it on Marr

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Theresa May on 10:40 - Jun 11 with 2573 viewsheadhoops

The Tories won - Labour won.
Get real the more important issue here are the losers.
The EU leaders will be pi$$ing themselves with laughter when it comes to the Brexit negotiations - that means the likes of you and I are going to get well and truly fuc£ed over.

May is about to go into and ar$e kicking competition having chopped off one of her own legs.

Woeful campaign.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Login to get fewer ads

Theresa May on 14:14 - Jun 11 with 2504 views2Thomas2Bowles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Theresa May on 15:02 - Jun 11 with 2467 viewslondonscottish

Theresa May on 01:33 - Jun 11 by rbrb999

An observation:

To be fair to Blair, though, God did tell him to do it.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Theresa May on 15:20 - Jun 11 with 2451 viewsJamesB1979

Now I've never liked Theresa May but in polls, she seemed to be very popular befor the campaign started. Given where she is today from where she was then, you'd have to say it was one of worst campaigns ever. It's clearly a fatal blow for the right of the Tory party which can only be a good thing. Does it mean Labour will get in next and are electable as a left wing party......not sure anyone knows answer to that yet.
Theresa May on 15:31 - Jun 11 with 2435 viewsElHoop

Well there was only an election in the first place because Labour has been such a poor opposition over a period of time that the Tories thought that they could walk home by a distance. You can't really blame Labour for not winning when there wouldn't have been an election in the first place had there been any realistic hope of that. For me the turning point was the Labour manifesto - they actually seemed to have one more or less ready before the election was called. It was probably drawn up by as few people as the Tory one, but it was good and gave them something to talk about apart from Brexit, which they didn't particularly want to discuss. Meanwhile the Tory manifesto was pretty much non-existent except for the odd disaster such as dementia tax and winter fuel allowance.

If the Tories want to win the next election, they'll need policies which make sense and offer something new, as Labour will stick with the ones that they've already got.

The SNP wheeled out their manifesto halfheartedly at the last minute and they did badly. The Liberal manifesto also lacked anything much apart from Brexit. On this occasion the manifestos actually seemed to matter.
Theresa May on 22:18 - Jun 11 with 2297 viewsBrightonhoop

Theresa May on 01:08 - Jun 11 by francisbowles

'One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.' It depends on your viewpoint!

It's hard to forgive the 'political crimes' of the past and we shouldn't forget them but they all had a cause they were fighting for. It's where you draw the line at what is fighting for your independence and what is committing atrocities.

I am excluding Islamic fundamentalism from my argument. In my view that is totally different, a warped religious fanaticism.

I'm not supporting the terrorists on either side in the Northern Ireland 'troubles' but when you look back on the Republic of Ireland's fight for it's independence, then many of the republicans of that time, committed acts of terror or were connected to them yet became involved in negotiations with the government of Lloyd George and then became political leaders in the new state. Similarly, Nelson Mandela was a freedom fighter (often called a terrorist and a key player in the ANC a terrorist organisation) yet became a respected leader of a new South Africa.

In 'battles for independence' it seems, the only way to find a peaceful solution is to recognise and negotiate with the people you have regarded as terrorists or the enemy but now are a necessary part of the 'peace process' and therefore may be regarded as 'former terrorists'.

Yeah for sure but do you trust a serial killer who says he's cleaned up his act and doesn't do that any more?

May conveniently lost the peodo files on her watch too as Home Secretary. All gone. Never to be found.

When she turns up in Brussels a few u turns before Monday no doubt, and says 'My Government....' they are just gonna laugh and say 'you haven't got one.'

No 10 is a cesspit of cockroaches and wronguns.
Theresa May on 00:48 - Jun 12 with 2240 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The Tory manifesto was the worst I've ever seen.

What the f#ck was she thinking.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Theresa May on 01:31 - Jun 12 with 2220 viewsrbrb999

Theresa May on 00:48 - Jun 12 by Metallica_Hoop

The Tory manifesto was the worst I've ever seen.

What the f#ck was she thinking.

Maybe she was not thinking!
Robotic May does what others tell her-such what she was told to do from her now sacked advisers-who are equally clueless and out of touch as she is , as too are most of the mob in her cabinet.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 5:18]
Theresa May on 07:28 - Jun 12 with 2138 viewseasthertsr

The latest masterstroke is recalling Gove to the cabinet! The woman really doesn't have a clue!
Theresa May on 08:21 - Jun 12 with 2089 viewsderbyhoop

I find it quite funny that May is now the victim of her own errors of judgement. But it's funny like watching a car crash.
Next week the UK and the EU27 will sit down to start the most important negotiations in 30 years and ones that will affect the country for generations. The govt does not appear to have any idea what it wants and no mandate to deliver on anything.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Theresa May on 10:05 - Jun 12 with 2043 viewssmegma

Theresa May on 23:06 - Jun 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I concede that Labour did not beat them but by anyones standard they diminished the tory power to the point they can not govern with any real power. to me that's a win for Labour and it's a tory lose.
What was the line she used about JC Naked ?

This king/Queen has no clothes and wearing borrowed shoes.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 23:27]

And Spurs won the league
Theresa May on 10:30 - Jun 12 with 2008 viewsDannytheR

Theresa May on 10:05 - Jun 12 by smegma

And Spurs won the league

No-one won the league. It's just that Chelsea are pretending they did by adding Millwall's points to theirs.
Theresa May on 12:09 - Jun 12 with 1925 viewsTacticalR

Theresa May on 07:28 - Jun 12 by easthertsr

The latest masterstroke is recalling Gove to the cabinet! The woman really doesn't have a clue!

From Tim Shipman's book:

When May was elected Prime Minister she got rid of a third of the cabinet, including Gove:

'The real reason for May telling Gove to cool his heels on the backbenches was more prosaic. As one Tory put it, 'She can't stand him and she doesn't trust him.' The two had clashed repeatedly. When May made a wide-ranging speech in 2013 that was interpreted as her leadership pitch, Gove condemned her openly in cabinet. May, who regarded it as a virtue that she did not gossip over lunch with journalists, saw Gove as a mischief-maker. Their relationship reached a bitter nadir in June 2014 when the two ministers clashed over who was to blame for the failure to stop the rise of extremism in schools. Gove and his advisers were accused of briefing against May, something that contributed to Cameron's decision to fire him as education secretary the following month. Fiona Hill hit back, leaking a government document to embarrass Gove. Cameron fired her and forced Gove to issue a public apology. After a period working on modern slavery — an issue close to May's heart — and a spell in consultancy, Hill had returned in triumph as joint chief of staff at Number 10. Gove's fate was sealed.'

Tim Shipman, All Out War - How Brexit Sank Britain's Political Class, (2016)

Air hostess clique

Theresa May on 12:26 - Jun 12 with 1890 viewsingeminate

Theresa May on 15:02 - Jun 11 by londonscottish

To be fair to Blair, though, God did tell him to do it.

I thought God told Bush who then told Blair God was up for it.
Just to make sure they had a little pray together in the woods and bish bash bosh.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Theresa May on 12:41 - Jun 12 with 1866 viewsessextaxiboy

She could easily be gone by the morning . She meets the 1922 committee of backbenchers tonight ; brought forward a day by them . They are ruthless , if they want her gone she is toast ..
Theresa May on 12:55 - Jun 12 with 1838 viewsrunningman75

Brexit is a poisoned chalice. Whoever is in power when Brexit commences along with inevitable economic collapse will be out of power for at least a decade. Come October 2017 we may get a Labour government elected who will then be blamed for the mess the country is in post Brexit.
Theresa May on 13:05 - Jun 12 with 1821 viewsTacticalR

Theresa May on 12:55 - Jun 12 by runningman75

Brexit is a poisoned chalice. Whoever is in power when Brexit commences along with inevitable economic collapse will be out of power for at least a decade. Come October 2017 we may get a Labour government elected who will then be blamed for the mess the country is in post Brexit.

Or is it managing Britain and the British economy that is the poisoned chalice? If so Brexit is only an expression of the problem.

Air hostess clique

Theresa May on 13:10 - Jun 12 with 1810 viewsTacticalR

Theresa May on 12:41 - Jun 12 by essextaxiboy

She could easily be gone by the morning . She meets the 1922 committee of backbenchers tonight ; brought forward a day by them . They are ruthless , if they want her gone she is toast ..

Did anyone see that interview with former May spokesman Joey Jones on Sky News yesterday? He said it was a hostage situation: 'She’s basically a hostage to the Conservative Party within Downing Street'.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024