Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theresa May 21:20 - Jun 10 with 23143 viewseasthertsr

Has there ever been a poorer election campaign? I'm trying to think of a more incompetent, awful, pitiful effort. A year of saying that you won't call an early election. Then you do after a budget u turn. Then you do another u turn in the middle of the campaign. All the while you refuse to take part in the televised debate. I'm trying to think of a reason why this talentless woman should be prime minister but I've run out of any excuse!
Theresa May on 13:19 - Jun 13 with 2274 viewsTacticalR

I was reading about the demise of May's advisors, and a key issue in their downfall seems to have been May's leather trousers

'A former Cabinet minister was banned from Number 10 after criticising Theresa May for wearing a £1,000 pair of trousers, explosive text messages have revealed.'

Toxic row over Theresa May's trousers revealed in leaked text messages
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/toxic-row-over-theresa-mays-trousers-rev

Air hostess clique

Theresa May on 13:42 - Jun 13 with 2216 views1BobbyHazell

Theresa May on 13:19 - Jun 13 by TacticalR

I was reading about the demise of May's advisors, and a key issue in their downfall seems to have been May's leather trousers

'A former Cabinet minister was banned from Number 10 after criticising Theresa May for wearing a £1,000 pair of trousers, explosive text messages have revealed.'

Toxic row over Theresa May's trousers revealed in leaked text messages
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/toxic-row-over-theresa-mays-trousers-rev

Haha, good to see The Daily Osborne getting to the root of the matter.
Theresa May on 13:48 - Jun 13 with 2196 viewsNorthernr

I must say, I'm enjoying all the metaphors, rambles, analogies, excuses and explanations for why 42% is smaller than 40%.
Theresa May on 13:50 - Jun 13 with 2180 views2Thomas2Bowles

Theresa May on 13:48 - Jun 13 by Northernr

I must say, I'm enjoying all the metaphors, rambles, analogies, excuses and explanations for why 42% is smaller than 40%.

What was the % margin in the EU ref about 4?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Theresa May on 13:51 - Jun 13 with 2177 viewsjohncharles

"I got you into this mess, let me get us out of it"
Frank Spencer.

Theresa, can't you see that no one wants you anywhere near government. You just make things worse. Leave everything as it is. DONT TOUCH ANYTHING ! You'll only break it. Just go.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 14:00]

Strong and stable my arse.

Theresa May on 13:53 - Jun 13 with 2165 viewsNorthernr

Theresa May on 13:50 - Jun 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

What was the % margin in the EU ref about 4?

Yes, and anybody who says that is anything other than a binding mandate to leave the EU is branded an "enemy of the people" and accused of defying the wishes of the public.
Theresa May on 14:04 - Jun 13 with 2127 viewsstevec

I bet you are. Top 3 all political threads amassing nigh on 12,000 views and that's without Diane Abbott thread

Who needs football?
Theresa May on 14:09 - Jun 13 with 2118 views2Thomas2Bowles

Theresa May on 13:53 - Jun 13 by Northernr

Yes, and anybody who says that is anything other than a binding mandate to leave the EU is branded an "enemy of the people" and accused of defying the wishes of the public.

Still double the GE margin and did not need a shady deal to get it over the line
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 14:11]

Login to get fewer ads

Theresa May on 14:24 - Jun 13 with 2084 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Theresa May on 14:04 - Jun 13 by stevec

I bet you are. Top 3 all political threads amassing nigh on 12,000 views and that's without Diane Abbott thread

Who needs football?

Who needs football when you have House Music.

345k views on the Frankie thread.
Theresa May on 14:36 - Jun 13 with 2061 viewsNorthernr

Theresa May on 14:04 - Jun 13 by stevec

Who needs football?

Well yeh there was a "errrrr, how we going to pay for all this?" conference on the train back from Norwich and with the site publishers subsequently as we anticipated, QPR-wise, a seriously quiet summer. Needn't have worried, Maybot may have fcked her career and party but she's kept LFW alive for a 12th season.
Theresa May on 14:38 - Jun 13 with 2055 views2Thomas2Bowles

Theresa May on 14:42 - Jun 13 with 2049 views2Thomas2Bowles

As May does not turn up again

Theresa May on 15:31 - Jun 13 with 1989 viewseasthertsr

Nobody is saying that 42% is more than 40%,, what we are saying is that everyone was saying the vote share would be more like 45%-25% which was the case a couple of months ago. During the campaign Corbyn connected with the electorate in a way nobody thought was possible. It leaves Labour reinvigorated and poised perfectly placed for the next election, whenever that is. Also the expected boundary changes which were expected after a Tory victory which would have benefited them hugely are now dead in the water.
Theresa May on 15:40 - Jun 13 with 1964 viewsNorthernr

Theresa May on 15:31 - Jun 13 by easthertsr

Nobody is saying that 42% is more than 40%,, what we are saying is that everyone was saying the vote share would be more like 45%-25% which was the case a couple of months ago. During the campaign Corbyn connected with the electorate in a way nobody thought was possible. It leaves Labour reinvigorated and poised perfectly placed for the next election, whenever that is. Also the expected boundary changes which were expected after a Tory victory which would have benefited them hugely are now dead in the water.

Agree with all of this except the first little bit - people are clearly saying 42 is less than 40 because they're disputing it when I point out that despite the dreadful campaign she did still just about win.

Obviously there's loads more context to it than that but having fought the worst campaign in living memory one would expect her to actually lose surely? Like Milliband, Major, Brown etc did after a sht campaign.

If we're using football analogies as somebody has above, this is Man Utd drawing Altrincham in the FA Cup. They're expected to steamroller it, they're arrogant about it, the media write it off as a non-event, they don't even train in the week before the game and they sling out a youth and reserve team to go through the motions. Actually the game finishes as a draw forcing United to play another fixture in a crowded calendar which they then win narrowly 1-0 while suffering several bad injuries to key players. Everybody hails Altrincham, everybody talks about what a disaster it's been for Man Utd, everybody talks about the confidence and money this will give Altrincham going forwards giving them a chance to achieve bigger and better things in the future, everybody talks about the damage it's done to United's season. But, for now, United have still won 1-0. They're in the hat on Monday. Maybot is still in the big chair.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Theresa May on 15:47 - Jun 13 with 1946 views2Thomas2Bowles

Or are buying the chair with a bung in a big fat envelope

Theresa May on 15:55 - Jun 13 with 1920 viewsessextaxiboy

Theresa May on 14:36 - Jun 13 by Northernr

Well yeh there was a "errrrr, how we going to pay for all this?" conference on the train back from Norwich and with the site publishers subsequently as we anticipated, QPR-wise, a seriously quiet summer. Needn't have worried, Maybot may have fcked her career and party but she's kept LFW alive for a 12th season.

I could start a "Harry Redknapp , best ever manager ? Discuss " thread if it helps .

I also have a pic of Corbyn , May and Dianne Abbot sharing a sleeping bag at Glastonbury on an old phone somewhere if you need some clicks .

Let me know ?
Theresa May on 16:07 - Jun 13 with 1883 viewsDevonWhite

Theresa May on 15:40 - Jun 13 by Northernr

Agree with all of this except the first little bit - people are clearly saying 42 is less than 40 because they're disputing it when I point out that despite the dreadful campaign she did still just about win.

Obviously there's loads more context to it than that but having fought the worst campaign in living memory one would expect her to actually lose surely? Like Milliband, Major, Brown etc did after a sht campaign.

If we're using football analogies as somebody has above, this is Man Utd drawing Altrincham in the FA Cup. They're expected to steamroller it, they're arrogant about it, the media write it off as a non-event, they don't even train in the week before the game and they sling out a youth and reserve team to go through the motions. Actually the game finishes as a draw forcing United to play another fixture in a crowded calendar which they then win narrowly 1-0 while suffering several bad injuries to key players. Everybody hails Altrincham, everybody talks about what a disaster it's been for Man Utd, everybody talks about the confidence and money this will give Altrincham going forwards giving them a chance to achieve bigger and better things in the future, everybody talks about the damage it's done to United's season. But, for now, United have still won 1-0. They're in the hat on Monday. Maybot is still in the big chair.

You'd also have to factor in post-election polling. That would extend the analogy to Altrincham having improved so much - and Man Utd imploded so much - that Altrincham are now favourites to win the next time they meet.
Theresa May on 16:09 - Jun 13 with 1880 viewsconnell10

Theresa May on 15:55 - Jun 13 by essextaxiboy

I could start a "Harry Redknapp , best ever manager ? Discuss " thread if it helps .

I also have a pic of Corbyn , May and Dianne Abbot sharing a sleeping bag at Glastonbury on an old phone somewhere if you need some clicks .

Let me know ?

id love to see that mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Theresa May on 16:24 - Jun 13 with 1846 views2Thomas2Bowles

Theresa May on 15:55 - Jun 13 by essextaxiboy

Let me know ?

Taking ones of May being spitroasted as we speak

Theresa May on 16:46 - Jun 13 with 1810 views2Thomas2Bowles

DUP at number 10

Theresa May on 17:47 - Jun 13 with 1761 viewsNorthernr

Theresa May on 16:07 - Jun 13 by DevonWhite

You'd also have to factor in post-election polling. That would extend the analogy to Altrincham having improved so much - and Man Utd imploded so much - that Altrincham are now favourites to win the next time they meet.

We're still paying attention to polls are we? After this, Trump and Brexit? The bloke in my mum's village who walks around shouting at parked cars has got as much idea.
Theresa May on 17:59 - Jun 13 with 1749 viewsDevonWhite

Theresa May on 17:47 - Jun 13 by Northernr

We're still paying attention to polls are we? After this, Trump and Brexit? The bloke in my mum's village who walks around shouting at parked cars has got as much idea.

Would largely agree but this was a Survation poll who were pretty much on the nose on both this GE and the EU referendum.
Theresa May on 18:01 - Jun 13 with 1744 views2Thomas2Bowles

Survation who got it bang on have labour 6 points ahead now

Theresa May on 18:04 - Jun 13 with 1737 viewsFDC

Theresa May on 17:47 - Jun 13 by Northernr

Ahem. The Survation and YouGov polls I was banging on about, that accounted for a higher youth-turnout, proved to be fairly accurate...
Theresa May on 18:40 - Jun 13 with 1706 viewsElHoop

Theresa May on 15:40 - Jun 13 by Northernr

The football analogy is a bit unrealistic. It's more like Man Utd losing 3-0 to Altrincham but the crowd then has the last word as to who has won the game and the crowd say it was 1-0 to Man U so it's in the records as 1-0 to Man Utd. There are two dimensions in politics whereas football is only one dimensionaL. Do you blame Altrincham for not winning 5-0 or do you blame the crowd for saying that Man U won?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024