Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latimer Road 02:31 - Jun 14 with 95829 viewsstowmarketrange

A big fire in a tower block in Latimer Road just been reported on 5live.Eyewitness says there are people trapped on the upper floors.
I hope everyone gets out safely.
Latimer Road on 10:13 - Jun 22 with 3275 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 10:11 - Jun 22 by Northernr

For those who haven't opened this, the three low rise blocks next to Grenfell run off the main block's boiler and gas, which has obviously all gone, so they've been without hot water or gas to cook with since the disaster and the council are refusing to move them.

The Council did say , they are not forcing people to move back....

So they are just left in limbo
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 10:14]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Latimer Road on 10:51 - Jun 22 with 3222 views2Thomas2Bowles

May in commons statement

Cladding tests on high rise flats have shown some of the material to be "combustible", says the prime minister.
Tower blocks across the UK are being subjected to tests after the blaze at Grenfell Tower, which left 79 people dead or missing, presumed dead.
In a Commons statement, Theresa May said all local authorities responsible for the tested flats had been informed.

Latimer Road on 10:59 - Jun 22 with 3208 viewsJuzzie

Latimer Road on 09:43 - Jun 22 by CroydonCaptJack

From how it was being reported, he was forced to resign over the way it has been handled post fire. He didn't want to go apparently.

I am not sure how much truth there is to this but it is just how it is being reported.

The whole think is horrific and I suspect there is a lot more to come out yet.

I would hope that anyone resigning of their own free will in the hope to escape anything would still be brought to account in a Court of law if it got to that stage.
Latimer Road on 11:04 - Jun 22 with 3200 viewsjohncharles

Latimer Road on 08:45 - Jun 22 by RangersDave

I take no pleasure in this, but I said the other day that there would be some resignations to try and avoid being held complicit in this whole sorry affair.

So, and not doubt, planned months ago and certainly not since the fire (allegedly) the Kensington Council has resigned as his presence would be a distraction.

People don't seem to want to 'man up' anymore. Wasn't there a few resignations due to 'ill health' during the Hillsborough enquiry?

I remember many years ago after some politician resigned, a lorry a driver at work said to me "if I come in tomorrow morning and tell you the lorry and whole load has disappeared. I resign. Would that be okay and would I still get my pension "

Strong and stable my arse.

Latimer Road on 11:05 - Jun 22 with 3198 viewsJuzzie

Latimer Road on 16:00 - Jun 21 by kensalriser

If you're referring to council tenants sub-letting their flats, I imagine this would be a breach of the tenancy agreement and could lead to a loss of tenancy. If true, you might ask why the council was allowing it to happen, though given most of the evidence has gone up in smoke probably not easy to prove now.

But an odd thing to get heated about given the more pressing questions arising.

The last line was a bit unnecessary. Not only am I not heated about it (why would you think that?) but the choice of word is a bit inappropriate I think.

Anyway, your previous paragraph does support my point so thanks for that.
Latimer Road on 11:12 - Jun 22 with 3182 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Latimer Road on 10:59 - Jun 22 by Juzzie

I would hope that anyone resigning of their own free will in the hope to escape anything would still be brought to account in a Court of law if it got to that stage.

So would I
Latimer Road on 11:15 - Jun 22 with 3178 viewsBromleyHoop

Latimer Road on 09:07 - Jun 22 by TacticalR

Another bombshell from the Grenfell Action Group blog about the dependency of the surrounding housing on the heating system in Grenfell and the presence of asbestos:

Grenfell Tower Fire — The Forgotten Forgotten Victims
https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2017/06/22/grenfell-tower-fire-the-for

Injustice upon injustice upon injustice.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Latimer Road on 11:31 - Jun 22 with 3156 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warning Political post

Bottom line here is that for 40 years there has been very little spent on new council homes and a massive growth in homes/investment properties for the elite.

That has been lead by governments, they build this fire over many years.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 11:32]

Login to get fewer ads

Latimer Road on 11:52 - Jun 22 with 3113 viewsNorthernr

Latimer Road on 10:51 - Jun 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

May in commons statement

Cladding tests on high rise flats have shown some of the material to be "combustible", says the prime minister.
Tower blocks across the UK are being subjected to tests after the blaze at Grenfell Tower, which left 79 people dead or missing, presumed dead.
In a Commons statement, Theresa May said all local authorities responsible for the tested flats had been informed.

Errr, sorry, 'informed'? Informed and what? Informed and told to move people out immediately while work to remove it is carried out urgently presumably? Or is this "down to the individual councils as well? Cos that worked really well before. If another one goes up tonight what defence would there possibly be for leaving people living in it?
Latimer Road on 11:56 - Jun 22 with 3100 viewsDannytheR

Latimer Road on 11:05 - Jun 22 by Juzzie

The last line was a bit unnecessary. Not only am I not heated about it (why would you think that?) but the choice of word is a bit inappropriate I think.

Anyway, your previous paragraph does support my point so thanks for that.

Choice of language aside, I do also think it's a strange choice of subject to focus on.

It's a bit like responding to news of the Titanic by demanding to know if people onboard had bunked the fare.
Latimer Road on 11:59 - Jun 22 with 3084 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 11:52 - Jun 22 by Northernr

Errr, sorry, 'informed'? Informed and what? Informed and told to move people out immediately while work to remove it is carried out urgently presumably? Or is this "down to the individual councils as well? Cos that worked really well before. If another one goes up tonight what defence would there possibly be for leaving people living in it?

You got it

Latimer Road on 12:03 - Jun 22 with 3075 viewsDannytheR

Latimer Road on 09:07 - Jun 22 by TacticalR

Another bombshell from the Grenfell Action Group blog about the dependency of the surrounding housing on the heating system in Grenfell and the presence of asbestos:

Grenfell Tower Fire — The Forgotten Forgotten Victims
https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2017/06/22/grenfell-tower-fire-the-for

Thanks for posting this. It's becoming increasingly obvious down there that the people in the low-rises have been left swinging in the wind. Also on a very practical level, most of west London is getting jumpy about WTF happens to the shell of the tower. Clearly I'm not a structural engineer but in the first couple of nights afterwards people were reporting audible creaking.

The asbestos situation is very grim to consider too.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 12:04]
Latimer Road on 12:14 - Jun 22 with 3056 views2Thomas2Bowles

Downing Street has confirmed that three samples of cladding from tower blocks in England have been found to be combustible.

The estimate from councils in England is that 600 high rise buildings have cladding similar to that which was used on Grenfell Tower.

The spokeswoman said "it's a matter of absolute urgency that residents are informed" and this was being done now.

She said that councils were being asked to send samples in urgently. Up to 100 samples can be tested a day.

Letter comes in 3 weeks.... you are living in a tinder box covered in burnable plastic, if a fire starts jump out the window.

Latimer Road on 12:33 - Jun 22 with 3032 viewsJuzzie

Latimer Road on 11:56 - Jun 22 by DannytheR

Choice of language aside, I do also think it's a strange choice of subject to focus on.

It's a bit like responding to news of the Titanic by demanding to know if people onboard had bunked the fare.

I'm not focussing on it. It's all part of the broader scope of what's going on and I think is relevant. Of course, it indeed is no way a priority but is still something that needs to be addressed at some point

"It's a bit like responding to news of the Titanic by demanding to know if people onboard had bunked the fare." - Yes, so that the Cruise Ships can then stop others from doing the same. No?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 12:35]
Latimer Road on 12:37 - Jun 22 with 3012 viewsDannytheR

Latimer Road on 12:33 - Jun 22 by Juzzie

I'm not focussing on it. It's all part of the broader scope of what's going on and I think is relevant. Of course, it indeed is no way a priority but is still something that needs to be addressed at some point

"It's a bit like responding to news of the Titanic by demanding to know if people onboard had bunked the fare." - Yes, so that the Cruise Ships can then stop others from doing the same. No?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 12:35]

Not really, no. The Titanic didn't sink because the people on it were travelling in the wrong compartments.
Latimer Road on 12:49 - Jun 22 with 2978 viewsJuzzie

Latimer Road on 12:37 - Jun 22 by DannytheR

Not really, no. The Titanic didn't sink because the people on it were travelling in the wrong compartments.

Like I keep saying, it's all part of a broader situation.
Latimer Road on 11:00 - Jun 23 with 2724 views2Thomas2Bowles

Cladding failed safety tests
Metropolitan Police will consider manslaughter charges.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40380584

[Post edited 23 Jun 2017 11:01]

Latimer Road OMG on 11:20 - Jun 23 with 2677 viewsBerkoRanger

Fire chief now reckons a Hotpoint FF 175 BP Fridge Freezer was to blame for the fire.

Used to be available on Amazon. Look what the reviewer wrote....

By Johny on 23 Jun. 2017
It exploded from overheating almost caused fire! had to throw it. Seller can't care less.
Latimer Road OMG on 11:29 - Jun 23 with 2640 viewsTheChef

Latimer Road OMG on 11:20 - Jun 23 by BerkoRanger

Fire chief now reckons a Hotpoint FF 175 BP Fridge Freezer was to blame for the fire.

Used to be available on Amazon. Look what the reviewer wrote....

By Johny on 23 Jun. 2017
It exploded from overheating almost caused fire! had to throw it. Seller can't care less.

Done a brilliant job to correctly identify the appliance. Amazed it didn't get incinerated!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Latimer Road OMG on 11:32 - Jun 23 with 2636 viewsMaggsinho

Latimer Road OMG on 11:29 - Jun 23 by TheChef

Done a brilliant job to correctly identify the appliance. Amazed it didn't get incinerated!

They managed to put the original fire out so the more extensive damage was elsewhere.
Latimer Road OMG on 12:06 - Jun 23 with 2597 viewsTheChef

Latimer Road OMG on 11:29 - Jun 23 by TheChef

Great timing on that Amazon comment as well.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Latimer Road on 12:25 - Jun 23 with 2571 viewsjohncharles

Bit of a red herring. It doesn't much matter what started the fire, it's the way it spread so quickly and uncontrollably that is the big worry.

Strong and stable my arse.

Latimer Road on 22:32 - Jun 23 with 2394 viewscolinallcars

Camden council currently moving people from 800 homes into temporary accomodation which it seems is a leisure centre, for about four weeks. They must be worried and putting the safety of the tenants first, but it's going to be really tough for the residents who have jobs to hold down and families to care for. Camden are going to have to really support these folks during this period.
Latimer Road on 22:46 - Jun 23 with 2367 viewsNorthernr

If you want your response done right, get a QPR fan involved. Compare this to May, Khan, Leadsome etc

Camden saying Rydon installed a lower spec cladding than they originally said and was approved. Classy company.
Latimer Road on 23:33 - Jun 23 with 2315 views2Thomas2Bowles

Some serious jail time needs to be handed out.

Hearing it's really hard to prove it's corporate manslaughter.

I'm also wondering if counterfeit materials were use.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024