Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latimer Road 02:31 - Jun 14 with 95855 viewsstowmarketrange

A big fire in a tower block in Latimer Road just been reported on 5live.Eyewitness says there are people trapped on the upper floors.
I hope everyone gets out safely.
Latimer Road on 22:11 - Jun 18 with 4156 views2Thomas2Bowles

Numbers going up many incinerate beyond ID
[Post edited 18 Jun 2017 22:42]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Latimer Road on 22:38 - Jun 18 with 4110 viewsBoston

Latimer Road on 22:11 - Jun 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Numbers going up many incinerate beyond ID
[Post edited 18 Jun 2017 22:42]

I don't think the insinuations will ever end.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Latimer Road on 22:43 - Jun 18 with 4094 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 22:38 - Jun 18 by Boston

I don't think the insinuations will ever end.

Whoops
Edited

Latimer Road on 22:45 - Jun 18 with 4080 viewsBoston

Latimer Road on 22:43 - Jun 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Whoops
Edited

Oh you should have left that unedited, right on so many levels.

Latimer Road on 22:47 - Jun 18 with 4071 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 22:45 - Jun 18 by Boston

Oh you should have left that unedited, right on so many levels.

Latimer Road on 23:11 - Jun 18 with 4023 viewsjohncharles

I'm hearing (on the Robert Peston Show) that K&C council gave the survivors £10 each.

K&C council's projected reserves of £167 million by the end of 2016-2017 has climbed to £209m.

Strong and stable my arse.

Latimer Road on 23:16 - Jun 18 with 4013 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 23:11 - Jun 18 by johncharles

I'm hearing (on the Robert Peston Show) that K&C council gave the survivors £10 each.

K&C council's projected reserves of £167 million by the end of 2016-2017 has climbed to £209m.

Also hearing that they are trying to move people out of London and telling them if they don't accept they are making themselves intentionally homeless

Latimer Road on 23:36 - Jun 18 with 3988 viewsstowmarketrange

Latimer Road on 23:16 - Jun 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Also hearing that they are trying to move people out of London and telling them if they don't accept they are making themselves intentionally homeless

That's one way of getting their Tory mp back at the next election.
Login to get fewer ads

Latimer Road on 23:37 - Jun 18 with 3982 viewsNortholt_Rs

Latimer Road on 16:23 - Jun 18 by Boston

These are not off the cuff remarks. I enjoyed the fluidity of his speech and forwarded it on to a number of people. I've had a reply that he can regularly be heard outside Willesden Green underground station and numerous London Borough of Brent offices. What is the blokes occupation?

He should be the Mayor of London. Talks way more sense than the current incumbent. If you live on a council estate and/or was brought up on one you know this guy speaks the 100% truth. For the many not the few...
[Post edited 18 Jun 2017 23:38]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Latimer Road on 00:31 - Jun 19 with 3911 viewskensalriser

Latimer Road on 23:36 - Jun 18 by stowmarketrange

That's one way of getting their Tory mp back at the next election.

Councils elections May next year will be interesting.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Latimer Road on 01:02 - Jun 19 with 3895 viewsTacticalR

This is incredible. It looks like other councils have had to take over relief management:

'Gold Command, a hierarchy to organise the emergency response, will now be led by a group of chief executives from councils across London. It has also been renamed the Grenfell Fire Response Team.'
https://www.ft.com/content/cb002c7a-5419-11e7-9fed-c19e2700005f

'Volunteers and charity workers on the ground in north Kensington told Buzzfeed News that they were now taking instructions from Labour-run Ealing Council and had been told not to follow directions from anyone else.

Philip Lee-Morris, local authority liaison officer at Ealing Council, said: "We came to the rest centre to try and do as much as we can to turn this effort into a truly humanitarian relief effort for the entire community, to recognise that this tragic event has impacted so many people and we need to ensure there is somewhere that people can come to get help."'

Emergency taskforce takes over Grenfell Tower relief operation amid fury at 'chaotic' Kensington Council - London boroughs and British Red Cross among agencies joining relief efforts
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/emergency-taskforce-takes-over-gr

Air hostess clique

Latimer Road on 02:41 - Jun 19 with 3856 views18StoneOfHoop

Latimer Road on 00:31 - Jun 19 by kensalriser

Councils elections May next year will be interesting.

STOP PRESS Important EDIT ON Monday evening 19th June.

LFW frequent poster18 Stone (me Olly) left a long rambling 2 posts here which I profoundly regret and contained inaccuracies. I have been politely asked to remove it by members of a family who must have been through unimaginable hell the past 7 days and do not need this sort of thing .

I should of course have shown some common-sense and kept my 'mouthy' keyboard shut out of respect.

Apologies to all the relatives of the family concerned and LFW members do as best as you can to please don't be repeating any of the OTT exagerrated unverifiable gossipy rhubarb I wrote on here. .
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 20:09]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Latimer Road on 05:09 - Jun 19 with 3802 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Latimer Road on 07:30 - Jun 19 with 3743 viewsQPR_John

Latimer Road on 21:22 - Jun 18 by stowmarketrange

They don't properly answer the questions put to them on pmq's.They just waffle on about how the labour bankrupted the country and how good they are about putting it right.And how bad Corbyn is and how badly he dresses.
Corbyn might ask the same question 6 times but they only sidestep the answers.Who are these tories accountable to if they never meet the public and answer their questions?

It does not matter whether questions are answered , it is the same whoever is in power, the point is the question is aired on live TV and debated about afterwards
Latimer Road on 07:38 - Jun 19 with 3730 viewsstowmarketrange

Latimer Road on 07:30 - Jun 19 by QPR_John

It does not matter whether questions are answered , it is the same whoever is in power, the point is the question is aired on live TV and debated about afterwards

There was a debate and a vote about landlords making sure that their tenants lived in homes fit for human habitation.70 Tory mp landlords voted against it and the law wasn't changed.Why would they vote in favour of reducing the profit margins of them and their friends?
Latimer Road on 09:35 - Jun 19 with 3640 viewsQPR_John

Latimer Road on 07:38 - Jun 19 by stowmarketrange

There was a debate and a vote about landlords making sure that their tenants lived in homes fit for human habitation.70 Tory mp landlords voted against it and the law wasn't changed.Why would they vote in favour of reducing the profit margins of them and their friends?

Misunderstanding there I think, the debate I was talking about is on TV not parliament. This is what puts issues out into the open
Latimer Road on 09:39 - Jun 19 with 3628 views2Thomas2Bowles

Don't like Piers Morgan at all but you can't say he is wrong and Gove answers nothing just says I've been there and feel bad

[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 9:41]

Latimer Road on 09:53 - Jun 19 with 3605 viewssmegma

Latimer Road on 23:32 - Jun 17 by kingshill

Once they find that there were several tenants who had sublet to people who wern't supposed to be there I fear we may never know the true number.

IF they find
Latimer Road on 10:04 - Jun 19 with 3580 viewssmegma

Latimer Road on 02:41 - Jun 19 by 18StoneOfHoop

STOP PRESS Important EDIT ON Monday evening 19th June.

LFW frequent poster18 Stone (me Olly) left a long rambling 2 posts here which I profoundly regret and contained inaccuracies. I have been politely asked to remove it by members of a family who must have been through unimaginable hell the past 7 days and do not need this sort of thing .

I should of course have shown some common-sense and kept my 'mouthy' keyboard shut out of respect.

Apologies to all the relatives of the family concerned and LFW members do as best as you can to please don't be repeating any of the OTT exagerrated unverifiable gossipy rhubarb I wrote on here. .
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 20:09]

On seeing Dennis Murphys picture on one of the 'wall of the lost' my mate commented Dennis would have opened a can, lit a joint and hoped for the rescue to come. It put a smile on our faces to remember him that way. Sometimes gallows humour is all we have to get through tragic circumstances.

However, the truth is totally different.
Latimer Road (n/t) on 10:38 - Jun 19 with 3541 views18StoneOfHoop

Latimer Road on 10:04 - Jun 19 by smegma

On seeing Dennis Murphys picture on one of the 'wall of the lost' my mate commented Dennis would have opened a can, lit a joint and hoped for the rescue to come. It put a smile on our faces to remember him that way. Sometimes gallows humour is all we have to get through tragic circumstances.

However, the truth is totally different.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++STOP PRESS important EDIT ON Monday evening 19th June LFW Frequent poster known as 18 Stone left a long post here which he profoundly regrets and it contained a number of inaccuracies and exagerrations. I have been asked to remove it in a polite way by members of a family who must have been through unimaginable suffering in the past 7 days and do not need this sort of thing .
I should of course have shown a smidgeon of common-sense kept my 'gobby' keyboard shut out of respect.
Apologies to all the residents of the family concerned and LFW members please don't be repeating any of the OTT exagerrated nonsense I wrote and you may unfortunately have read here.
[Post edited 19 Jun 19:00]
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 19:10]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Latimer Road on 17:14 - Jun 19 with 3326 viewsBoston

Latimer Road (n/t) on 10:38 - Jun 19 by 18StoneOfHoop

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++STOP PRESS important EDIT ON Monday evening 19th June LFW Frequent poster known as 18 Stone left a long post here which he profoundly regrets and it contained a number of inaccuracies and exagerrations. I have been asked to remove it in a polite way by members of a family who must have been through unimaginable suffering in the past 7 days and do not need this sort of thing .
I should of course have shown a smidgeon of common-sense kept my 'gobby' keyboard shut out of respect.
Apologies to all the residents of the family concerned and LFW members please don't be repeating any of the OTT exagerrated nonsense I wrote and you may unfortunately have read here.
[Post edited 19 Jun 19:00]
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 19:10]

Swindles! But if you're an Oliver, surely you're a fiddler?

Latimer Road on 17:41 - Jun 19 with 3269 viewsMedwayR

Latimer Road on 07:38 - Jun 19 by stowmarketrange

What I don't understand is why the 70 Tory MP landlords were allowed to participate in that particular vote when there is a clear conflict of interest, they clearly shouldn't have been allowed to participate and I doubt it would've been allowed in private sector/business etc, does our Government have any regulations to follow with regards to how they do their job?!?

Poll: Who’s better?

Latimer Road on 17:53 - Jun 19 with 3242 views18StoneOfHoop

Latimer Road on 17:14 - Jun 19 by Boston

Swindles! But if you're an Oliver, surely you're a fiddler?

AN UNRESERVED APOLOGY.

There was 2 long rambling posts on page 15 of this thread that should not have been written or posted in a public forum. They contained gross inaccuracies and unsubstantial exagerrations.

I had no permission from the family to write such stuff and I profoundly regret my lack of judgement and sensitivity in so doing.

Please LFWers don't go repeating anything you have read by me on page 15 of this thread.

Apologies to the family,Clive Whittingham for bringing this board's good reputation into question,and to LFW readers for stirring things up when all I should have been is schtum.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 19:27]

Latimer Road on 18:19 - Jun 19 with 3203 viewsBoston

Latimer Road on 17:41 - Jun 19 by MedwayR

What I don't understand is why the 70 Tory MP landlords were allowed to participate in that particular vote when there is a clear conflict of interest, they clearly shouldn't have been allowed to participate and I doubt it would've been allowed in private sector/business etc, does our Government have any regulations to follow with regards to how they do their job?!?

Interesting question. When are elected politicians expected to recuse themselves from a vote / debate? But, would you raise the same query if the topic was local authority housing and any of the people involved were living in such?
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 18:21]

Latimer Road on 18:37 - Jun 19 with 3175 viewsMedwayR

Latimer Road on 18:19 - Jun 19 by Boston

Interesting question. When are elected politicians expected to recuse themselves from a vote / debate? But, would you raise the same query if the topic was local authority housing and any of the people involved were living in such?
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 18:21]

The topic is irrelevant really, it's a question of whether there's a conflict of interest. If I understand where you're coming from correctly, you're saying that if there was a vote for example on improving social housing and one/some of the MP's were living in such, should they participate then I think I would say no because they would stand to benefit (although to a lesser extent as they wouldn't be the property owner) and would therefore be biased. MP's need to be able to look at topics in a considered manner.

I think it's vital that any MP's excluded from voting due to a conflict of interest would be able to express their opinion and join in with debate prior to a vote as it can give a point of view or information etc that others may not have been aware of or able to consider, but they shouldn't be able to vote in my opinion.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 18:39]

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024