Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latimer Road 02:31 - Jun 14 with 95836 viewsstowmarketrange

A big fire in a tower block in Latimer Road just been reported on 5live.Eyewitness says there are people trapped on the upper floors.
I hope everyone gets out safely.
Latimer Road on 16:32 - Jun 21 with 2905 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 16:22 - Jun 21 by Brightonhoop

Read a reort stating the urchase was by City of London at a cost of around £2 Billion. So K&C's reserves wouldn't even touch the sides. Looks like K&C have largely been sidelined on the basis that they are shyte.

2 Billion would get you more than 68 flats

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Latimer Road on 16:33 - Jun 21 with 2903 viewsDannytheR

Read a reort stating the urchase was by City of London at a cost of around £2 Billion. So K&C's reserves wouldn't even touch the sides. Looks like K&C have largely been sidelined on the basis that they are shyte.

The whole Warwick Road development is meant to have cost 2bn, but that's the entire thing, which is bloody enormous.

Would be guessing at what was spent, but as was mentioned elsewhere, "affordable" now means 80% of market value, so for 68 1 and 2 beds you'd be looking at a fag packet figure of £50m.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 16:33]
Latimer Road on 16:35 - Jun 21 with 2896 viewsMedwayR

£2bn, do the sums. Private flats there cost between £1.5-3.5m so the social housing flats will be cheaper. But even based on the private flats 68 flats could cost anywhere between £102-238m plus stamp duty, not anywhere near £2bn, where did they get that from?!?

Poll: Who’s better?

Latimer Road on 16:35 - Jun 21 with 2890 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 16:03 - Jun 21 by DannytheR

The amount of affordable housing in London developments is routinely slashed between contracts being signed and delivery.

It came out today that the developers behind the new Battersea Power Station flats have said they're only going to build 386 affordable units in a development of 4239 - about half what they committed to originally.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 16:03]

So Boris signed it off
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 16:36]

Latimer Road on 16:58 - Jun 21 with 2822 viewsBrightonhoop

Latimer Road on 16:33 - Jun 21 by DannytheR

The whole Warwick Road development is meant to have cost 2bn, but that's the entire thing, which is bloody enormous.

Would be guessing at what was spent, but as was mentioned elsewhere, "affordable" now means 80% of market value, so for 68 1 and 2 beds you'd be looking at a fag packet figure of £50m.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 16:33]

Cant find the article now but I think it was saying Corp of London had bought the whole thing lock, stock.
Latimer Road on 17:05 - Jun 21 with 2794 views2Thomas2Bowles

All is not as it seems with K&C finances

The Independent say that, the money is made up of cheap loans and stock piled

That H&F have the same and other boroughs have much bigger loans

But they are still c unts

Latimer Road on 17:11 - Jun 21 with 2783 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 16:58 - Jun 21 by Brightonhoop

Cant find the article now but I think it was saying Corp of London had bought the whole thing lock, stock.

City of London Corporation have a 2 Billion interest in the site.

Looks like these home come from them and not the Gov who are claiming credit.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 17:15]

Latimer Road on 17:39 - Jun 21 with 2717 viewsJuzzie

Latimer Road on 17:05 - Jun 21 by 2Thomas2Bowles

All is not as it seems with K&C finances

The Independent say that, the money is made up of cheap loans and stock piled

That H&F have the same and other boroughs have much bigger loans

But they are still c unts

Circa 10 years ago, Camden had the 8th largest stockpile of money out of the 32 London boroughs. WTF are they doing holding onto it? Surely, and I'm simplifying things a bit, their job is to actually SPEND the money in order to make sure everything is OK?

If everything is tickety-boo then fine but if there are a whole raft of issues and Council's are sitting on tens of millions of pounds, something is wrong.

[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 17:56]
Login to get fewer ads

Latimer Road on 18:16 - Jun 21 with 2648 viewsBoston

Latimer Road on 16:32 - Jun 21 by 2Thomas2Bowles

2 Billion would get you more than 68 flats

I'd give ya a 69 for two billion.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Latimer Road on 18:20 - Jun 21 with 2644 views2Thomas2Bowles

Latimer Road on 18:16 - Jun 21 by Boston

I'd give ya a 69 for two billion.

Tart

Latimer Road on 18:39 - Jun 21 with 2616 viewsBoston

Latimer Road on 16:00 - Jun 21 by kensalriser

If you're referring to council tenants sub-letting their flats, I imagine this would be a breach of the tenancy agreement and could lead to a loss of tenancy. If true, you might ask why the council was allowing it to happen, though given most of the evidence has gone up in smoke probably not easy to prove now.

But an odd thing to get heated about given the more pressing questions arising.

I was involved in a local authority refurb once where we discovered approximately a third of the occupants in a estate were sub letting. Some had sub-let from people who were already sub letting. Why did the Council do nothing? Well, presume it is time consuming to prove, an unpopular move to evict, and as a high propertion of the occupants involved were recent immigrants, a no win situation.This info turned up by accident as we kept getting no replies to work notifications. I've always presumed it was a pretty normal state of affairs, as a teenager I had a couple of mates living in exactly the same circumstances, in Chalk Hill, Wembley and on the Mozart, Harrow Rd.

Latimer Road on 18:41 - Jun 21 with 2609 viewsBoston

Latimer Road on 18:20 - Jun 21 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Tart

Yeah...but not cheap.

Latimer Road on 20:53 - Jun 21 with 2515 viewsLblock

Just seen the Celotex statement on the news and the confirmation PIR used which gave off cyanide gases.
Big ramifications for the industry ahead and a national scandal continues to get worse

This stuff is used EVERYWHERE and is the friend of the green lobby. The foil covering should give Class 0 spread of flame but we come back to the combustion chat again. This stuff must've had an intense source of ignition and then the oxygen tunnel has given a chain reaction to spontaneous combustion
The gases angle is a new development and I can see this product being banned immediately....horse bolted and all that.

I had a meeting with a curtain walking contracor on Tuesday and obviously the topic came round to this tradegy and proposed system going before Building Control. He said "a few of our suppliers stated Monday morning they're only supplying non combustible boards from here on in as policy"
My response was....shame that wasn't the case 10 years ago

i can't put my finger on it but there's something rotten about this in terms of the materials, the design and the installation here

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Latimer Road on 21:06 - Jun 21 with 2497 viewsdistortR

Latimer Road on 20:53 - Jun 21 by Lblock

Just seen the Celotex statement on the news and the confirmation PIR used which gave off cyanide gases.
Big ramifications for the industry ahead and a national scandal continues to get worse

This stuff is used EVERYWHERE and is the friend of the green lobby. The foil covering should give Class 0 spread of flame but we come back to the combustion chat again. This stuff must've had an intense source of ignition and then the oxygen tunnel has given a chain reaction to spontaneous combustion
The gases angle is a new development and I can see this product being banned immediately....horse bolted and all that.

I had a meeting with a curtain walking contracor on Tuesday and obviously the topic came round to this tradegy and proposed system going before Building Control. He said "a few of our suppliers stated Monday morning they're only supplying non combustible boards from here on in as policy"
My response was....shame that wasn't the case 10 years ago

i can't put my finger on it but there's something rotten about this in terms of the materials, the design and the installation here

Post as illuminating as always on this awful subject, Lblock
Latimer Road on 22:31 - Jun 21 with 2366 views2Thomas2Bowles

Residence of Kensington Row starting to complain about this, that it will bring values down and snobbery

Latimer Road on 23:10 - Jun 21 with 2311 viewsLblock

Forgot to add.. these risks have been known about for a while but not really at the forefront due to buildings "getting away with it" up until last week.

The designers / signers of the Collareral Warranty here will not be sleeping, and rightly so.
I'm interested to see what comes out about the fire core and I hear talk of the stairwell having the fire doors propped open due to the summers evening, people wanting easy access and also rubbish etc being accumulated on stairs and corridors.
Contributory factors granted but the stair did not catch fire. It became unusable due to chemical smoke, darkness and capacity. To me these are primary factors.

This research paper is doing the rounds if anyone is interested / wants their temper raised any further. Note 3.3.2 about cavitys and how to draft can extend spread by ten times WITHOUT CAVITY FIRE BREAKS, yet again its back to a design / install failure combining with a product meaning something totally unprecedented occurred.

http://www.probyn-miers.com/perspective/2016/02/fire-risks-from-external-claddin

Sorry for being a bit building geeky (and non political) on this but it's a subject close to my heart

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Latimer Road on 01:45 - Jun 22 with 2252 viewsBoston

Latimer Road on 23:10 - Jun 21 by Lblock

Forgot to add.. these risks have been known about for a while but not really at the forefront due to buildings "getting away with it" up until last week.

The designers / signers of the Collareral Warranty here will not be sleeping, and rightly so.
I'm interested to see what comes out about the fire core and I hear talk of the stairwell having the fire doors propped open due to the summers evening, people wanting easy access and also rubbish etc being accumulated on stairs and corridors.
Contributory factors granted but the stair did not catch fire. It became unusable due to chemical smoke, darkness and capacity. To me these are primary factors.

This research paper is doing the rounds if anyone is interested / wants their temper raised any further. Note 3.3.2 about cavitys and how to draft can extend spread by ten times WITHOUT CAVITY FIRE BREAKS, yet again its back to a design / install failure combining with a product meaning something totally unprecedented occurred.

http://www.probyn-miers.com/perspective/2016/02/fire-risks-from-external-claddin

Sorry for being a bit building geeky (and non political) on this but it's a subject close to my heart

Very interesting reading.

Latimer Road on 08:09 - Jun 22 with 2166 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Your posts have been very informative here L.
Latimer Road on 08:44 - Jun 22 with 2118 viewsTheChef

So much is being made of the cladding (which let's remember is external), while the fire burned internally as well.

I still don't understand how a tower made of concrete and steel, with supposedly individual contained flats, could burn that ferociously and completely.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Latimer Road on 08:45 - Jun 22 with 2118 viewsRangersDave

I take no pleasure in this, but I said the other day that there would be some resignations to try and avoid being held complicit in this whole sorry affair.

So, and not doubt, planned months ago and certainly not since the fire (allegedly) the Kensington Council has resigned as his presence would be a distraction.

People don't seem to want to 'man up' anymore. Wasn't there a few resignations due to 'ill health' during the Hillsborough enquiry?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Latimer Road on 09:07 - Jun 22 with 2084 viewsTacticalR

Another bombshell from the Grenfell Action Group blog about the dependency of the surrounding housing on the heating system in Grenfell and the presence of asbestos:

Grenfell Tower Fire — The Forgotten Forgotten Victims
https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2017/06/22/grenfell-tower-fire-the-for

Air hostess clique

Latimer Road on 09:30 - Jun 22 with 2033 viewsstevec

Well done LBlock, informative and interesting as ever.
Latimer Road on 09:39 - Jun 22 with 2018 viewsStraightR

Latimer Road on 08:45 - Jun 22 by RangersDave

I take no pleasure in this, but I said the other day that there would be some resignations to try and avoid being held complicit in this whole sorry affair.

So, and not doubt, planned months ago and certainly not since the fire (allegedly) the Kensington Council has resigned as his presence would be a distraction.

People don't seem to want to 'man up' anymore. Wasn't there a few resignations due to 'ill health' during the Hillsborough enquiry?

I expect there will be a substantial pay off and generous pension arrangement involved here.
Latimer Road on 09:43 - Jun 22 with 2001 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Latimer Road on 08:45 - Jun 22 by RangersDave

From how it was being reported, he was forced to resign over the way it has been handled post fire. He didn't want to go apparently.

I am not sure how much truth there is to this but it is just how it is being reported.

The whole think is horrific and I suspect there is a lot more to come out yet.
Latimer Road on 10:11 - Jun 22 with 1962 viewsNorthernr

Latimer Road on 09:07 - Jun 22 by TacticalR

Another bombshell from the Grenfell Action Group blog about the dependency of the surrounding housing on the heating system in Grenfell and the presence of asbestos:

Grenfell Tower Fire — The Forgotten Forgotten Victims
https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2017/06/22/grenfell-tower-fire-the-for

For those who haven't opened this, the three low rise blocks next to Grenfell run off the main block's boiler and gas, which has obviously all gone, so they've been without hot water or gas to cook with since the disaster and the council are refusing to move them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024