Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey 22:16 - Jun 18 with 11523 viewsNorthernr

Bit of a pet peeve of mine this since that disgusting MK Dons game, and it is a Guardian link so apologies Mailmen, but this reflects very well on our club

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/18/qprs-chris-ramsey-reflects-ment

Michael Calvin's most recent book on academy football - which basically savages the whole system as a cynical, greedy form of child exploitation - has good words to say about Ramsey and QPR. Imagine that, a book about how dreadful youth football is run in this country that singles out QPR as a case of good practice.

You rarely see, hear or read anything bad about Chris Ramsey except from QPR fans on social media and message boards. While accepting that first team manager wasn't the job for him - classic QPR of employing a great person in the right role and then shuffling him into the wrong job in a short term panic - I still don't think he did as badly at it as some people make out. The stick he got then, and this ongoing lingering idea that he's only here because he's Les' mate, he must be rubbish because some of the youth teams lose all the time, Tottenham mafia, black agenda etc etc seems to be obviously rubbish to me.

Interested on Smegma's perspective if he's around as he watches the youth set up far more than I do but Ramsey seems like a good egg we're lucky to have to me...

This post has been edited by an administrator
Chris Ramsey on 00:49 - Jun 20 with 2378 viewsFredManRave

#dontdeletepunter

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Chris Ramsey on 07:53 - Jun 20 with 2282 viewsDorse

#theinternetscaresmeandihavenoideawhatishappening
#saveferris
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 10:20]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Chris Ramsey on 08:23 - Jun 20 with 2246 viewsdistortR

Chris Ramsey on 07:53 - Jun 20 by Dorse

#theinternetscaresmeandihavenoideawhatishappening
#saveferris
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 10:20]

#musicmustdestroy
Chris Ramsey on 08:43 - Jun 20 with 2227 viewsKonk

Chris Ramsey on 17:03 - Jun 19 by TacticalR

As background...at the moment there so much miserable stuff happening in the UK that every thread risks turning into a shitstorm.

In this particular case I thought that there wasn't that much point in going to town on Lblock's contradictions as he had pointed them out himself, plus everyone is pretty familiar with his position on managers who wear hats.

EDIT: Sorry, to give context, this was in response to DannyR's "And given I got mayo from my fking £4.50 chicken sandwich all over myself at lunchtime and have been sitting here with a suspiciously stained crotch for most of the afternoon, it would be difficult for me to claim I was any more intelligent than anyone else…"

On my first day in my last job, I had my flies fully undone until lunchtime (navy suit, white pants), and from lunchtime onwards, had a massive mayo/spunk stain on my crotch. Hi, I'm the new bloke - look at my gear. I should probably mention that I w ank in the Gents at lunch...any questions?

Chaps,

You have a cracking board here — a combination of excellent moderation and plenty of interesting, thoughtful and funny posters. It’s principle reason for existing is as a forum where you can discuss QPR stuff with other Rangers fans, so it would be a shame if people stopped using it because of disagreements on political threads. If you get wound up reading other peoples' views or you feel you’re being got at by people with opposing positions, just stop reading/contributing to those threads. You probably wouldn't have changed anyone's mind anyway, and the world will still spin without you having published your thoughts. And don't take it all so seriously - it's just a message board.

Cuddle time.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 8:49]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Chris Ramsey on 09:17 - Jun 20 with 2162 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who'd have thought Chris Ramsey would bring us all together eh.

I'd also like to apologise for my part in giving people the raving.
Chris Ramsey on 09:38 - Jun 20 with 2121 viewsstevec

No political baiting from me today, as BH1 taught me, love and peace all round and especially to Danny, cos he's got a busy day ahead tomorrow. (Oops, there I go again).
Chris Ramsey on 09:45 - Jun 20 with 2114 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Chris Ramsey on 08:43 - Jun 20 by Konk

EDIT: Sorry, to give context, this was in response to DannyR's "And given I got mayo from my fking £4.50 chicken sandwich all over myself at lunchtime and have been sitting here with a suspiciously stained crotch for most of the afternoon, it would be difficult for me to claim I was any more intelligent than anyone else…"

On my first day in my last job, I had my flies fully undone until lunchtime (navy suit, white pants), and from lunchtime onwards, had a massive mayo/spunk stain on my crotch. Hi, I'm the new bloke - look at my gear. I should probably mention that I w ank in the Gents at lunch...any questions?

Chaps,

You have a cracking board here — a combination of excellent moderation and plenty of interesting, thoughtful and funny posters. It’s principle reason for existing is as a forum where you can discuss QPR stuff with other Rangers fans, so it would be a shame if people stopped using it because of disagreements on political threads. If you get wound up reading other peoples' views or you feel you’re being got at by people with opposing positions, just stop reading/contributing to those threads. You probably wouldn't have changed anyone's mind anyway, and the world will still spin without you having published your thoughts. And don't take it all so seriously - it's just a message board.

Cuddle time.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 8:49]

Nice one Konk

And you are right, we have already lost some good posters over non-football threads.

By the way, how long did you last in that job??
Chris Ramsey on 09:53 - Jun 20 with 2104 viewsKonk

Chris Ramsey on 09:45 - Jun 20 by CroydonCaptJack

Nice one Konk

And you are right, we have already lost some good posters over non-football threads.

By the way, how long did you last in that job??

Longer than I should have done! I got walked round the office doing the whole introduction thing all day long, so depending on when you got introduced to me, I was either the flasher or the bloke with spunk smeared all over the front of his kecks. Strong start.

I like reading some/most of the political threads, but by the time you get to page 12, there's often little new or insightful being posted.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey on 11:56 - Jun 20 with 1968 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It would be a real shame of any poster left the site, particularly one as cool as Punter.

Konk is right, we rarely change each other's minds, so there's little point getting excited about any of what goes on here. The vast majority of it is enjoyable, the rest is easily ignored, I feel.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chris Ramsey on 14:10 - Jun 20 with 1871 viewspaulparker

Chris Ramsey on 16:45 - Jun 19 by DannytheR

At the risk of getting on Northern’s tits all over again (for the record I always thought Ramsey got the less aromatic end of the stick)… this one time only, just by way of clearing the air…

Seen some stuff on here today about personal abuse and my role in it. If marks have been overstepped I’m happy to hold my hand up. But like everything it cuts both ways. It’s hard to take it seriously, for instance, when Paulparker complains about other people’s terrible rudeness after he recently offered me out. Personally, I don’t really care. Things get said, you puff your chest out and the world moves on. It’s strange to see blokes who spend half their time getting misty eyed about the good old hoolie days coming over all delicate about an internet forum. But point taken, and happy to conduct myself as a gentleman if we’re all going to stick to it.

In terms of general stuff, again, I don’t like to think I’ve singlehandedly ruined the forum for anyone. But while it might have been more fun for PP etc in the past, I don’t know that it was for everyone. Although this place has always had a lot of really insightful football talk, and some very mad and very funny threads, there was a time when it also got filled with a pretty tiring stream of stuff you had to step around about Guardian readers, Muslim clerics, Gordon Brown’s gold, Somalis in council flats, and how everyone knows scousers caused Hillsborough really. Just because it was your mate posting it doesn’t mean that wasn’t political, none of it was that funny or insightful, and though only Clive would have the numbers, I’d imagine quite a lot of people were put posting here off by that too. Certainly, more than one person has told me exactly that.

And the thing about all the stuff I mentioned above is that, even though it was a bit grim, I don’t think me or anyone else ever told the handful of people who posted that stuff what they could and couldn’t discuss. The problems seems to be in arguing back a bit, or even just finding other things to talk about.

If you wade into a discussion about Grenfell, which blatantly a lot of people are going to have very strong feelings about, you might get a bit of something back. If you wade into a conversation about politics just to say how much politics bores you, you might get a bit of something back. I think that’s fair enough. FWIW, of every musical genre known to man, progressive House makes me want to stick fking knitting needles in my ears and waggle them about, but if other people want to have a thread devoted to nothing but, then nice one, love it, why would I ever post there to say I personally can’t stand it?

As for LBlock’s internet history, that post last night caught me at at the end of a knackered, heavy weekend and it was quicker to C+P a couple of his old posts than write one of my own. Realise it drew attention to my Stalinist streak, but again - dig out anyone you like, but if you constantly refer to a bloke by a snide comedy nickname, mention rumours that people in the club have personal issues with him, imply he’s got mental health problems and celebrate his sacking by calling him an imbecile, it strikes me as a bit of a rum do to then claim you actually really rated him as a football man once public opinion moves in his favour.

But it was only a bit of fun. (Me, I thought I was being charitable not bringing up all the posts about what a revelation Ravel Morrison was going to be last season…)

And given I got mayo from my fking £4.50 chicken sandwich all over myself at lunchtime and have been sitting here with a suspiciously stained crotch for most of the afternoon, it would be difficult for me to claim I was any more intelligent than anyone else…

please tell me when I "offered you out "

since you have been on here you called me, DW, Disco, Lblock , Essex racists
you have had a pop at PunterR , Blob Vegasranger plus numerous others ,

now I can take people having a different opinion to me contrary to the very tired LFW argument that is trotted out , since ive posted on here I can only think of a handful of posters who probably actually do agree with me in what I post , but with you it goes a bit deeper than that you seem to revel in upsetting people or getting personal
now ive had my issues with Bazza we have had our internet handbags and name calling
but since we have come to a sort of truce ive come to respect him quite a bit and I actually have started agreeing with him on a few things and I would quite happily have a pint with him
with you im not buying you or your post one bit , give it a week or 2 and you will be on one with someone else , LFW are more than likely bored of me and you so you stick me on ignore and il do the same , that way on the rare occasions that I do post on here we wont feel the need to get into and bore everyone else

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Chris Ramsey on 14:29 - Jun 20 with 1839 viewsJamesB1979

To be honest, I wasn't happy with Ramsey, JFH or Ollie as a manager. Ollie looked beaten man for Millwall and then off to Sky. JFH and Ramsey just don't have enough experience of 1st team management to manage my club in the Championship. Managing QPR is difficult at best of times but with new longer term philosophy and smaller budget, it needed an experienced pro. That said, of the 3, Ramsey is the only one who I could understand what he was on about in his interviews. He is also highly regarded as a coach and therefore we did a great job getting him back to the club as technical director.
Chris Ramsey on 16:03 - Jun 20 with 1696 viewsdistortR

Chris Ramsey on 11:56 - Jun 20 by BrianMcCarthy

It would be a real shame of any poster left the site, particularly one as cool as Punter.

Konk is right, we rarely change each other's minds, so there's little point getting excited about any of what goes on here. The vast majority of it is enjoyable, the rest is easily ignored, I feel.

I find Brian's music recommendations very helpful. Sometimes I read a review in the papers, think "I may like that" and, if Brian likes it, I realise I won't! Brian likes music i want to like, but don't!!
Chris Ramsey on 16:16 - Jun 20 with 1677 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chris Ramsey on 16:03 - Jun 20 by distortR

I find Brian's music recommendations very helpful. Sometimes I read a review in the papers, think "I may like that" and, if Brian likes it, I realise I won't! Brian likes music i want to like, but don't!!

I can also recommend some books you won't like? And some films?

Think about how much spare time you'll suddenly have!

Chris Ramsey on 17:23 - Jun 20 with 1619 viewseastside_r

Nice article.

I always thought the vilification of Ramsey as manager and the associated name-calling on LFW was way over the top. He took over from Redknapp FFS.

In hindsight (I know, I know) he probably did OK and retaining him in his former position was a good call. Well done (presumably) Les.

I thought JFH was rubbish. Boring football and uninspiring leadership but I always try to support the manager whilst they’re in post.
Chris Ramsey on 17:27 - Jun 20 with 1600 viewsdistortR

Chris Ramsey on 16:16 - Jun 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I can also recommend some books you won't like? And some films?

Think about how much spare time you'll suddenly have!

No, you're sound on books and films! It's the music, and it's stuff I want to like, maybe i will when i grow up. In the meantime
Chris Ramsey on 18:01 - Jun 20 with 1553 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chris Ramsey on 17:27 - Jun 20 by distortR

No, you're sound on books and films! It's the music, and it's stuff I want to like, maybe i will when i grow up. In the meantime

That's an ok, tune. Great film.

Chris Ramsey on 21:03 - Jun 20 with 1448 viewsdistortR

Chris Ramsey on 18:01 - Jun 20 by BrianMcCarthy

That's an ok, tune. Great film.

it's a great tune mate. I might take you under my wing, if you're lucky.

I tried to help Karl, the proclaimers, ffs.
Chris Ramsey on 21:47 - Jun 20 with 1427 viewskarl

Chris Ramsey on 21:03 - Jun 20 by distortR

it's a great tune mate. I might take you under my wing, if you're lucky.

I tried to help Karl, the proclaimers, ffs.

When threads turn to music I know I'm going to get a harder time than Ramsey! I currently listen to Brian's compatriots on Sky 389 like Mike English, Shaun Kirwan and the likes yeehaa!
Still get a couple coming up but 20 yr ago the travelling Irish showbands up here were great, the Indians, Playboys etc.
Did you ever see them, any of you Irish boys?

This is obviously a sit down concert it was always barn dances we went to and some were literally in cow sheds, brilliant nights and they knew how to keep the night going
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 21:52]
Chris Ramsey on 22:18 - Jun 20 with 1395 viewsdistortR

Chris Ramsey on 21:47 - Jun 20 by karl

When threads turn to music I know I'm going to get a harder time than Ramsey! I currently listen to Brian's compatriots on Sky 389 like Mike English, Shaun Kirwan and the likes yeehaa!
Still get a couple coming up but 20 yr ago the travelling Irish showbands up here were great, the Indians, Playboys etc.

This is obviously a sit down concert it was always barn dances we went to and some were literally in cow sheds, brilliant nights and they knew how to keep the night going

my god, Dante will have to add another ring.
Chris Ramsey on 22:29 - Jun 20 with 1386 viewskarl

Chris Ramsey on 22:18 - Jun 20 by distortR

my god, Dante will have to add another ring.

Please believe me when I say that video doesn't do the 'dances' justice! we didn't sit about clapping our hands
Chris Ramsey on 00:29 - Jun 21 with 1330 viewsDannytheR

Chris Ramsey on 22:29 - Jun 20 by karl

Please believe me when I say that video doesn't do the 'dances' justice! we didn't sit about clapping our hands

Completely unrelated to Irish showbands, but did you see that lad Liam Lindsay is about to leave Partick for Barnsley? I'm assured by the Scots in the family that we're missing a trick here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40344932
Chris Ramsey on 00:50 - Jun 21 with 1321 viewskarl

Chris Ramsey on 00:29 - Jun 21 by DannytheR

Completely unrelated to Irish showbands, but did you see that lad Liam Lindsay is about to leave Partick for Barnsley? I'm assured by the Scots in the family that we're missing a trick here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40344932

I have to admit he's passed me by so can't comment on whether he's a good prospect or not. If you spot a good player up here then wages wise they are a good value signing, I always add that Imo Scottish players need at least a season to get in shape for the Championship, physically its a different challenge.
Top scorer in SPL last year Liam Boyce has reportedly signed for Burton, now apparently Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs were actively after him but it shows the skewed position of the game when a team from a town with 75k population and average gate of 5k can outpay the 2nd tier of Scottish football, its got nothing to do with quality etc etc I'm afraid its spoiling our game where we'relosing good players to low quality teams too soon in their careers. Instead of giving their money to Shearer, Lineker and before them Hansen at least the BBC could evenly distribute their money in Britain? Non political post, purely football!!
Chris Ramsey on 01:00 - Jun 21 with 1315 viewsDannytheR

Chris Ramsey on 00:50 - Jun 21 by karl

I have to admit he's passed me by so can't comment on whether he's a good prospect or not. If you spot a good player up here then wages wise they are a good value signing, I always add that Imo Scottish players need at least a season to get in shape for the Championship, physically its a different challenge.
Top scorer in SPL last year Liam Boyce has reportedly signed for Burton, now apparently Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs were actively after him but it shows the skewed position of the game when a team from a town with 75k population and average gate of 5k can outpay the 2nd tier of Scottish football, its got nothing to do with quality etc etc I'm afraid its spoiling our game where we'relosing good players to low quality teams too soon in their careers. Instead of giving their money to Shearer, Lineker and before them Hansen at least the BBC could evenly distribute their money in Britain? Non political post, purely football!!

I hear you. Although it's interesting McInnes chose to stay put at Aberdeen rather than go to Sunderland - not sure whether that says more about Aberdeen or Sunderland though!

Have to admit, I was surprised to see Hibs let Cummings go - I'd have thought they would have tried to keep him as a statement of intent as much as anything. This season would seem the perfect opportunity for them to really re-establish themselves - Rangers still look a mess and Hearts don't seem have much going on either. But then, I suppose three years in the Scottish Champ (and whatever they're paying Lennon) is going to restrict things financially.
Chris Ramsey on 01:22 - Jun 21 with 1293 viewskarl

Chris Ramsey on 01:00 - Jun 21 by DannytheR

I hear you. Although it's interesting McInnes chose to stay put at Aberdeen rather than go to Sunderland - not sure whether that says more about Aberdeen or Sunderland though!

Have to admit, I was surprised to see Hibs let Cummings go - I'd have thought they would have tried to keep him as a statement of intent as much as anything. This season would seem the perfect opportunity for them to really re-establish themselves - Rangers still look a mess and Hearts don't seem have much going on either. But then, I suppose three years in the Scottish Champ (and whatever they're paying Lennon) is going to restrict things financially.

Quick reply as I have to go to bed!
He signed a three year extension last summer after a £1.7m bid from Peterborough was turned down and there has to have been an agreement /clause in it that should a similar offer come then he would be allowed to leave, wages will be a huge difference and realistically no one at Hibs begrudges him the move but it is hard to take when you know he d benefit from a season longer a then potentially get a better move.
Josh Bowler is probably the same though and its all down to skewed money, Everton should never have that sway over a QPR youth player and losing good young Scottish players to struggling Championshipteams feels the same
Chris Ramsey on 11:42 - Jun 21 with 1174 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chris Ramsey on 21:47 - Jun 20 by karl

Sweet Jesus, Karl.

I have no words...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024