Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey 22:16 - Jun 18 with 11519 viewsNorthernr

Bit of a pet peeve of mine this since that disgusting MK Dons game, and it is a Guardian link so apologies Mailmen, but this reflects very well on our club

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/18/qprs-chris-ramsey-reflects-ment

Michael Calvin's most recent book on academy football - which basically savages the whole system as a cynical, greedy form of child exploitation - has good words to say about Ramsey and QPR. Imagine that, a book about how dreadful youth football is run in this country that singles out QPR as a case of good practice.

You rarely see, hear or read anything bad about Chris Ramsey except from QPR fans on social media and message boards. While accepting that first team manager wasn't the job for him - classic QPR of employing a great person in the right role and then shuffling him into the wrong job in a short term panic - I still don't think he did as badly at it as some people make out. The stick he got then, and this ongoing lingering idea that he's only here because he's Les' mate, he must be rubbish because some of the youth teams lose all the time, Tottenham mafia, black agenda etc etc seems to be obviously rubbish to me.

Interested on Smegma's perspective if he's around as he watches the youth set up far more than I do but Ramsey seems like a good egg we're lucky to have to me...

This post has been edited by an administrator
Chris Ramsey on 14:27 - Jun 21 with 1133 viewskarl

Chris Ramsey on 11:42 - Jun 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Sweet Jesus, Karl.

I have no words...

Take it you've never joined in with a bit of whooping then Bri?

Have you ever heard of them Brian?
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 14:28]
Chris Ramsey on 14:32 - Jun 21 with 1114 viewsFDC

Chris Ramsey on 21:47 - Jun 20 by karl

When threads turn to music I know I'm going to get a harder time than Ramsey! I currently listen to Brian's compatriots on Sky 389 like Mike English, Shaun Kirwan and the likes yeehaa!
Still get a couple coming up but 20 yr ago the travelling Irish showbands up here were great, the Indians, Playboys etc.
Did you ever see them, any of you Irish boys?

This is obviously a sit down concert it was always barn dances we went to and some were literally in cow sheds, brilliant nights and they knew how to keep the night going
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 21:52]

What the hell did I just watch?

Lfw is truly the broadest of churches
Chris Ramsey on 18:51 - Jun 21 with 1041 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chris Ramsey on 14:27 - Jun 21 by karl

Take it you've never joined in with a bit of whooping then Bri?

Have you ever heard of them Brian?
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 14:28]

Never heard of them. This is a Fr. Ted episode, right?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chris Ramsey on 19:00 - Jun 21 with 1027 viewsDannytheR

My eyes.

Only one thing for it.

Chris Ramsey on 19:02 - Jun 21 with 1019 viewsFredManRave

Chris Ramsey on 18:51 - Jun 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Never heard of them. This is a Fr. Ted episode, right?

They do 3 day festivals as well.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Chris Ramsey on 19:06 - Jun 21 with 1011 viewsdistortR

one for Karl

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024