Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Royal Ascot 2017 10:51 - Jun 20 with 10197 viewsPurleyHoop

That time of year then - come out of the woodwork with your tips/opinions...

Lady Aurelia looks a snip today at 4/1
Royal Ascot 2017 on 15:35 - Jun 21 with 2657 viewsHunterhoop

Clearly not on it today, so ignore me!!
Royal Ascot 2017 on 16:14 - Jun 21 with 2608 viewskingsburyR

Qemah wins.................I'm having Naan of it!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Royal Ascot 2017 on 16:16 - Jun 21 with 2604 viewsrobith

Quite fancy Scottish for a place here...
Royal Ascot 2017 on 16:49 - Jun 21 with 2579 viewsdanehoop

Royal Ascot 2017 on 15:35 - Jun 21 by Hunterhoop

Clearly not on it today, so ignore me!!

Just make sure that you get your self togther for tomorrow please!

Never knowingly understood

Royal Ascot 2017 on 17:41 - Jun 21 with 2536 viewsrobith

Lol, guy in the office has been banging on about Zhei Feng for months and we've been laughing as he lost race after race :-/
Royal Ascot 2017 on 08:54 - Jun 22 with 2433 viewsHunterhoop

Royal Ascot 2017 on 16:49 - Jun 21 by danehoop

Just make sure that you get your self togther for tomorrow please!

Mr Danehoop, Sir, please find my humble selections for today's racing below.

2.30 Frozen Angel (although there's a risk the horse will be very slow away. For those who want a more reliable nag, Havana Grey
3.05 Benbatl
3.40 Alluringly
4.20 Sheikzayeroad (ew)
5.00 Affaq (ew), but Tricorn looks a very big price ew too)
5.35 Master Singer (although Sofia's Rock ew looks a solid bet)

Had a good look at the card, but it's a difficult day. Lots of value about, but very competitive races with lots of genuine contenders in each race. Wasn't confident enough in any favourites, so, in that regard it could be a bookie's day. Doubt I'll get a winner, but, if I could sneak 2, a double would pay well at the odds.

Good luck, all!
Royal Ascot 2017 on 11:42 - Jun 22 with 2318 viewsrobith

As Hunter says a day best well left

I like

2:30 It Don't Come Easy
4:30 THE SHEIKH e/w
Royal Ascot 2017 on 11:44 - Jun 22 with 2308 viewsrobith

Oh orderofthegarter too
Login to get fewer ads

Royal Ascot 2017 on 12:02 - Jun 22 with 2292 viewskingsburyR

Royal Ascot 2017 on 08:54 - Jun 22 by Hunterhoop

2.30 Frozen Angel (although there's a risk the horse will be very slow away. For those who want a more reliable nag, Havana Grey
3.05 Benbatl
3.40 Alluringly
4.20 Sheikzayeroad (ew)

Had a good look at the card, but it's a difficult day. Lots of value about, but very competitive races with lots of genuine contenders in each race. Wasn't confident enough in any favourites, so, in that regard it could be a bookie's day. Doubt I'll get a winner, but, if I could sneak 2, a double would pay well at the odds.

Good luck, all!

Its not just Dane that's counting on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No pressure or anything!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Royal Ascot 2017 on 13:00 - Jun 22 with 2259 viewsMetallica_Hoop

2:30 Rock of Estonia
3:05 Orderofthegarter
3:40 Coronet
4:20 Torcedor

Chosen all because I liked the names.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Royal Ascot 2017 on 13:51 - Jun 22 with 2190 viewswood_hoop

Royal Ascot 2017 on 08:54 - Jun 22 by Hunterhoop

3.05 Benbatl
3.40 Alluringly
4.20 Sheikzayeroad (ew)

Good luck, all!

Put your selections in the placepot, you usually get them in the frame at least, works out x 8 selections, so a small wager and the chance of decent return if all come in and a few favs are not in the places, over £200k in the pot so far.

Good for someone like me who dosn't follow the nags, appreciate the time you must put in and putting them up here.
Royal Ascot 2017 on 14:02 - Jun 22 with 2178 viewsDesertBoot

Sir Michael Stoute is the man to follow today.
Mirage Dancer in the 3.05 and Mori in the 3.40 race.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Royal Ascot 2017 on 14:32 - Jun 22 with 2146 viewsLythamR

tend to agree on Stoute today could be his day

ive gone

2:30 14 Santry
3:05 9 Mirage Dancer
3:40 8 Mori
4:20 11 Endless Time (NAP)
5:00 21 Keyser Soze
5:35 1 Homesman
Royal Ascot 2017 on 15:17 - Jun 22 with 2101 viewsE17hoop

Royal Ascot 2017 on 14:32 - Jun 22 by LythamR

tend to agree on Stoute today could be his day

ive gone

2:30 14 Santry
3:05 9 Mirage Dancer
3:40 8 Mori
4:20 11 Endless Time (NAP)
5:00 21 Keyser Soze
5:35 1 Homesman

Went for these ew trebles.
2.30 Santry
3.05 Mirage Dancer
3.40 Alluringly
4.20 Simple Verse

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Royal Ascot 2017 on 15:21 - Jun 22 with 2092 viewsHunterhoop

Royal Ascot 2017 on 13:51 - Jun 22 by wood_hoop

Put your selections in the placepot, you usually get them in the frame at least, works out x 8 selections, so a small wager and the chance of decent return if all come in and a few favs are not in the places, over £200k in the pot so far.

Good for someone like me who dosn't follow the nags, appreciate the time you must put in and putting them up here.

Haven't done the placepot. Wish I had!

Place and a Win so far. Doubles now on the table.

Dane, hope you lumped on Benbatl!
Royal Ascot 2017 on 16:46 - Jun 22 with 2018 viewsHunterhoop

Hmmm...after a good start, the day is sliding away. Need a winner from the last two!

Certainly not Stoute's day so far. Whoever picked Coronet, what a shout! Peach of a run. Perfect.
Royal Ascot 2017 on 17:56 - Jun 22 with 1943 viewsLythamR

the stand side being apparently slower today was a bit of a surprise. didnt anticipate that on firm ground. Felt a bit sorry for Stoute but thats racing :)
Royal Ascot 2017 on 07:29 - Jun 23 with 1835 viewsHunterhoop

Well, in the end a disappointing 3rd day. Just the one winner and two places. Still comfortably up after the excellent start on Day 1, but could do with a return to 2 or more winners today.

I quite like the look of today's card. Still very competitive, but decent value about. My selections, in case anyone is still interested and continuing to plug away at the bookies, are:

2.30 Black Sails ew (unexposed, like the form, decent price), but it's a Group 3 race for 2yr old fillies, most of whom have run only one race, so it's a bit like betting on the sprint at a kindergarten's sports day) Ertiyad is an interesting ew option at a price.
3.05 Crystal Ocean (yes, the fav, but forms points to her. If you'd prefer more value, Best Solution looks decent ew value)
3.40 Caravaggio (could be very special. The price is skinny, especially given Harry Angel is in the race. Very difficult to separate on form, but I just think Caravaggio could be the special one.)
4.20 Precieuse ew (Winter is too short for me and this French fully is an attractive price to get into the top 2. We don't really know how good she is, but she won the French 1,000 guineas and has finished in the top 2 in every one of her races, which is a nice profile to have.)
5.00 Stradivarius ew (not sure this is a strong race and Stradivarius is the one with any sort of pace. Wouldn't dissuade anyone from Time to Study or Wisconsin. Tricky one to call.)
5.35 Wadigor (I spent a while trying to work out which of Roger Varian's horses is the one. He has this and Appeared at the top of the betting and has Crowley riding his 3rd sting. Both Wadigor and Appeared appear progressive putting up excellent displays this season. Wadigor is probably the one with more improvement in him and a better chance that the handicapper hasn't got him yet. Shabeeb ew at a huge price. Make sure you get as many places as you can)

That 6fold is 65,000/1. I'd be happy with 2 winners, but do think all 6 have excellent chances of placing. Race 1 is probably the biggest risk/long shot, which is a shame.

Anyway, for anyone still going, good luck, all!
Royal Ascot 2017 on 10:16 - Jun 23 with 1779 viewsterryb

Hope you can help me Hunter.

I stopped betting on horses about four years ago. No reason that I can recall, it just happened.

That is, apart from one race each year. However, as I no longer bet I have no idea of form (not that this always helped!)

My annual bet will be at Royal Ascot tomorrow, provided they haven't moved it this year. So any tips for the Chesham Stakes will be gladly received!

Why this race? It's the place I was bred & brought up. Just my silly little bit of honouring the town!
Royal Ascot 2017 on 11:55 - Jun 23 with 1724 viewsMytch_QPR

Chavtastic:

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/royal-ascot-2017-brawl-video-1322777

Makes you proud to be British.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Royal Ascot 2017 on 12:07 - Jun 23 with 1694 viewsrobith

Covered the faves treble, then it's black sails, preciusse, and call to mind for me today
Royal Ascot 2017 on 12:10 - Jun 23 with 1691 viewsibnumber10

Royal Ascot 2017 on 07:29 - Jun 23 by Hunterhoop

Well, in the end a disappointing 3rd day. Just the one winner and two places. Still comfortably up after the excellent start on Day 1, but could do with a return to 2 or more winners today.

I quite like the look of today's card. Still very competitive, but decent value about. My selections, in case anyone is still interested and continuing to plug away at the bookies, are:

2.30 Black Sails ew (unexposed, like the form, decent price), but it's a Group 3 race for 2yr old fillies, most of whom have run only one race, so it's a bit like betting on the sprint at a kindergarten's sports day) Ertiyad is an interesting ew option at a price.
3.05 Crystal Ocean (yes, the fav, but forms points to her. If you'd prefer more value, Best Solution looks decent ew value)
3.40 Caravaggio (could be very special. The price is skinny, especially given Harry Angel is in the race. Very difficult to separate on form, but I just think Caravaggio could be the special one.)
4.20 Precieuse ew (Winter is too short for me and this French fully is an attractive price to get into the top 2. We don't really know how good she is, but she won the French 1,000 guineas and has finished in the top 2 in every one of her races, which is a nice profile to have.)
5.00 Stradivarius ew (not sure this is a strong race and Stradivarius is the one with any sort of pace. Wouldn't dissuade anyone from Time to Study or Wisconsin. Tricky one to call.)
5.35 Wadigor (I spent a while trying to work out which of Roger Varian's horses is the one. He has this and Appeared at the top of the betting and has Crowley riding his 3rd sting. Both Wadigor and Appeared appear progressive putting up excellent displays this season. Wadigor is probably the one with more improvement in him and a better chance that the handicapper hasn't got him yet. Shabeeb ew at a huge price. Make sure you get as many places as you can)

That 6fold is 65,000/1. I'd be happy with 2 winners, but do think all 6 have excellent chances of placing. Race 1 is probably the biggest risk/long shot, which is a shame.

Nice one Hunter and good luck.
I've got a bit of confidence around most of yours with Mistiroc and Petit jack in the last race
I was going to back Erityad and Wagidor anyway so you've definitely helped me decide.
Crystal Ocean Caravaggio and Winter look sure to go close with the French horse having a great chance at decent odds
Problem is what type of bet(s) to place
So I've combined them all in a multi perm small stakes place pot but replaced Precieuse with Winter as I think Winter is a banker to finish in the 1st two places (only 7 runners)
But alsodone an e/w Lucky 31 without Caravaggio and couldn't resist the 65000/1 sixfold with all the fivefolds
Could be an expensive day!

Cheers for taking the time to share your thoughts
Royal Ascot 2017 on 12:27 - Jun 23 with 1664 viewswood_hoop

Royal Ascot 2017 on 12:10 - Jun 23 by ibnumber10

Nice one Hunter and good luck.
I've got a bit of confidence around most of yours with Mistiroc and Petit jack in the last race
I was going to back Erityad and Wagidor anyway so you've definitely helped me decide.
Crystal Ocean Caravaggio and Winter look sure to go close with the French horse having a great chance at decent odds
Problem is what type of bet(s) to place
So I've combined them all in a multi perm small stakes place pot but replaced Precieuse with Winter as I think Winter is a banker to finish in the 1st two places (only 7 runners)
But alsodone an e/w Lucky 31 without Caravaggio and couldn't resist the 65000/1 sixfold with all the fivefolds
Could be an expensive day!

Cheers for taking the time to share your thoughts

I have taken the chance and risked my pocket money on Hunter's choices in the placepot.

Not that I will blame Hunter if I can't afford my usual Beano & sherbert dips but...........
Royal Ascot 2017 on 12:45 - Jun 23 with 1630 viewsRanger78

Royal Ascot 2017 on 07:29 - Jun 23 by Hunterhoop

Thanks Hunter!
Royal Ascot 2017 on 17:25 - Jun 23 with 1501 viewsHunterhoop

Royal Ascot 2017 on 12:45 - Jun 23 by Ranger78

Thanks Hunter!

Stradivarius saving the day there.

French horse in the 4.20 got royally screwed by Roly Poly 1f out. Definite interference if ever there was any! Not sure he'd have made it home in 2nd, but still.

Apologies on the first race, all. Different League was in the shortlist, but I discarded it for no real reason. It ticked my boxes for a 2yr old/bumper race, but I let myself get too taken with the write up of Black Sails' last run, and DL being so long in the betting. Annoying. That was one left out there.

Onto Wagdor. C'mon Varian, this plot better work.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024