Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SWF FFS 19:57 - Jun 20 with 2155 viewsLblock

When will this end?

As has been said numerous times these people deserve a mega warehouse or housing estate

http://www.ealingtoday.co.uk/default.asp?section=info&page=eawarrenfarm1706.htm

Shock horror -- credit to the club if they're sticking through all of this

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

SWF FFS on 20:02 - Jun 20 with 2130 viewsdanehoop

If their case was so strong they would have one anyone of the appeals and challenges that they have made so far. But it isn't and they haven't.

Final throw of dice for some quite ridiculous people with absolutely no idea of the current state of SWF or the improvement that will come after the development is completed for everyone in the area.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 20:37]

Never knowingly understood

SWF FFS on 20:03 - Jun 20 with 2124 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

At what point do we just say 'fvck off then' .

I hope there are plan B sites in mind.
SWF FFS on 20:10 - Jun 20 with 2104 views2Thomas2Bowles

One of the donors (£25) is a QPR supporter

Come on own up

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

SWF FFS on 20:32 - Jun 20 with 2027 viewsRoller

I like this bit:

"Alice Roberts of the Campaign to Protect Rural England (London) said: “There is no excuse for giving away a vast piece of public land at Warren Farm and excluding the community, for the benefit of a profit making company."

Clearly she's not done her research!

I think that they have already lost the arguments that they are putting forwards again, but there is still a footpath hearing scheduled for September.
SWF FFS on 20:39 - Jun 20 with 2001 viewsLongsufferingR

At what point do these people take a step back and think.....Hang on a minute, the lawyers have told us every step of the way that we have a good chance, solid grounding in law, good grounds for appeal etc, but we've lost every time. Is there a chance they may be stringing us along just to take a bit more cash? No, surely not. Lawyers wouldn't do that would they?
SWF FFS on 21:09 - Jun 20 with 1916 viewsTripleR

The Club should get the Linford Christie Stadium site and develop it to include a training facility.
Then the SWF gobshites can go and do one. Then they can moan to their hearts content when there's a fcuk-off housing estate built on the land.
SWF FFS on 21:23 - Jun 20 with 1855 viewsDejR_vu

Given the stark change in philosophy with regard to the tightening of the purse strings this might actually play in to the board's hands. They can carry on talking about investing without actually having to.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

SWF FFS on 21:26 - Jun 20 with 1843 viewsjohncharles

I know the area very well, lived there for nearly 40 years and I know roughly how many people are involved in these objections. I thought it was a bit dubious that an appeal had raised £20,000. That's about £500.00 each. Now they reckon to raise another £25,000. Who is actually funding this ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

SWF FFS on 23:50 - Jun 20 with 1569 viewsNorthernr

If this was a Brentford training ground they'd have said nothing and it would already be built. Rich people who live nowhere near there with nothing better to do with their time, a chip on their shoulder, and a hatred of QPR asking people who don't have the money to contribute to a delaying tactic that is stopping QPR providing a facility for local people and kids to use. Other woodland and greenfield sites around there have been developed and they said nothing.
SWF FFS on 15:26 - Jun 21 with 1287 viewsMedwayR

Just a couple of quotes with my comments in brackets:

“There is no excuse for giving away (in exchange for community facilities isn't giving away) a vast piece of public land at Warren Farm and excluding the community (again, community facilities are part of the deal so how on earth can the community be excluded), for the benefit of a profit making company (). London’s protected Open Land is there for Londoners and should not be given away (again, lies) by councils who are meant to be its guardians. London’s green spaces are under threat like never before and it is left to local groups to try to save them — so we urge people to make a donation to this appeal if they can.”

“Ealing leasing out Warren Farm in this way is totally unacceptable” said Malcolm Weller of the Save Warren Farm Campaign. “The 61 acre site should stay open to the community (two-thirds of it will be) for future generations either as a community sports facility (which QPR will provide as part of the deal) or as an environmental education centre. It is perfectly feasible to achieve this vision (how, why hasn't this been done already?) without giving the land away to a Football Club, owned by billionaires, for their own benefit (and the community's benefit).”

As LongsufferingR said, when do they stop and consider if the lawyers are having them on.

Poll: Who’s better?

SWF FFS (n/t) on 15:36 - Jun 21 with 1266 viewspaulparker

SWF FFS on 20:03 - Jun 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

SWF FFS on 15:39 - Jun 21 with 1254 viewspaulparker

SWF FFS on 20:03 - Jun 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Plan B , !!! Have you forgotten who our chairman is ,

the fact we have been wasting years on this suggest we don't have a Scooby about other sites

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

SWF FFS on 15:58 - Jun 21 with 1187 viewsPhildo

I am involved with volunteering for a school and each time we try and get planning for anything at the school a bunch of nimbys turn up at the planning meeting and object. Despite the fact they all bought homes next to a school that has been there for years. Go to a planning meeting and you will see people - usually middle aged to elderly middle class objecting to everything.

One of the reasons there is a shortage of homes in London is that people object to everything at local council level.

The planning system allows this to go on and on.
SWF FFS on 16:14 - Jun 21 with 1122 viewsdaveB

The longer it has gone on the more clear it is that these are just Brentford fans trying to block everything the club does. Pathetic really
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024