Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell 21:16 - Jun 20 with 8934 viewsbosh67

According to a few reports. Thoughts?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 21:30 - Jun 20 with 5327 viewsBlackCrowe

Heavy heart to see Luongo - potential to be the engine of a very good side.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 21:35 - Jun 20 with 5304 viewsWatford_Ranger

Neither are anywhere near as bad as some (maybe most) punters think.

Luongo does need to offer more going forwards but he's shown sporadically what he can do. His defensive stats are very good.
Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 21:48 - Jun 20 with 5274 viewsdanehoop

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 21:35 - Jun 20 by Watford_Ranger

Luongo does need to offer more going forwards but he's shown sporadically what he can do. His defensive stats are very good.

Why sell to a rival unless you have something better to go in its place?

Florist appear to be trying to splash the cash at the moment, but if there is something in this we will want a multiple of what we paid for then both and good replacements available at cheaper than we paid. I'm not sure that is likely.

Never knowingly understood

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 22:20 - Jun 20 with 5182 viewsenfieldargh

I thought Bidwell was very ordinary and having watched Brentford take us to the cleaners twice last season it's hard to see him fitting into a fast free glowing footballing team.

I thought he was extremely inflexible for us and only had a few good games although might be a bit harsh as last season there was no real cohesion in the squad. Not sure he would be a great miss.

As for Luongo I think there is a superb player in there although he might take a bit of time to fully mature into an all round top midfield player. A bid of 5 million plus would be worth cashing in on.

Like to see him and Freeman as our creative forward players with Manning buzzing around them.

Bidwell sell Luongo keep

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 22:27 - Jun 20 with 5162 viewsBostonR

Luongo scored one goal from midfield- that's woeful at this level so I would sell. Bidwell was solid when he arrived but fell apart playing alongside Lynch. Wouldn't bother me if he went and took Lynch with him.
Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 22:35 - Jun 20 with 5127 viewsLblock

Wouldn't be sad to see either go

Luongo should be a great player but he is only ever one international appearance away from a serious dip in form. I think he's lightweight more than often and lacks bite in the tackle or goal threat going forward.
If he relaxed the International appearances (shouldn't have to) and was played in front of an animal (then what happens to Freeman??) then he could be useful

Bidwell does little to inspire and not fit to lace Clint Hills boots which is odd as of similar stature

Where are these reports?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 22:43 - Jun 20 with 5088 viewsbosh67

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 22:35 - Jun 20 by Lblock

Luongo should be a great player but he is only ever one international appearance away from a serious dip in form. I think he's lightweight more than often and lacks bite in the tackle or goal threat going forward.
If he relaxed the International appearances (shouldn't have to) and was played in front of an animal (then what happens to Freeman??) then he could be useful

Bidwell does little to inspire and not fit to lace Clint Hills boots which is odd as of similar stature

Where are these reports?

One of the outlets

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/20/report-nottingham-forest-want-qpr-duo-jake-

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 22:51 - Jun 20 with 5054 viewsAntti_Heinola

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 22:35 - Jun 20 by Lblock

Where are these reports?

Luongo comfortably wins more tackles than anyone else in our team and for most of last season was winning more of the ball than anyone in the league. Some serious bollox on here about him.

Gerry Francis often failed to perform after internationals. Les Ferdinand the same. Gradually, they learned to live with it, but it took a whie (although obvs Francis's England career was tragically short).

Bidwell is a good player who to me seemed to have serious confidence issues this season. I'd be surprised if we found better than these two with the money we'd have to spend. LUongo also only signed a new deal 4 months ago, so seems unlikely.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 22:57 - Jun 20 with 5034 viewsstevec

Say whaat ?

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 23:18 - Jun 20 with 4945 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

First 'Luongo and Bidwell are shit' posts of 2017/18 takes place before our fixtures have even been released.

It's going to be a long long season...
Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 23:23 - Jun 20 with 4917 viewsNorthernr

Luongo needs to add goals and assists and consistency. Potentially a great player but can't just be potentially good forever. Too anonymous too often. We've seen with the assists against Bristol City and Burton last year what quality he has, and we've seen at leeds how good he can be all round, but three assists and one goal from his position with his ability is not good enough. The huge dips after Australia trips can't continue. The way the Championship season divides up that basically means he's going to be below par for all of the first half of the season because there are breaks in August, September, October and November. Mooy went on the same trips last season and still tore it up for Huddersfield.

Bidwell has been poor, but you have to ask why a player who was so steady in another team in this league looks so unsteady for us. Otherwise all you'll do is spend money getting rid and replacing only to find the same thing that happens again. Why did he look ok at Brentford and not for us? If you can't answer that then why would whoever else you sign to play left back come in and do a better job?

I don't think if pushed any of us would say the key issues with out current team at Luongo and Bidwell. Centre back, centre forward, goals etc are issues we have to solve. Get rid of these two and you're adding two more positions that need to be replaced at cost this summer.

This is the problem with QPR as a club. The answer is always another signing or another manager. "Whey hey, I always said Luongo was sht, great that we're getting rid". Mindless, thick, unconsidered drivel. Who would we replace him with and why would he do any better? Given that Luongo himself once came in to replace a player we were glad to get rid of.

A year ago everybody hated Konchesky, Bidwell was the great white hope, now we all hate Bidwell and want some more blood there. If you don't address why he looks poor for us then whoever you replace him with will also look poor. And if your answer is "Luongo looks sht because he is sht" or "Bidwell is crap because he's a crap player" then you haven't been paying attention to what's gone before.

1 - How much are they going to pay us?
2 - Who are we going to replace them with?
3 - Why will their replacements do any better?

Or, you know, "wheeeey hey, useless cnts, more blood please".

This post has been edited by an administrator
Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 23:35 - Jun 20 with 4886 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Early prediction:

Massiom Luongo to be POTY.
Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 00:20 - Jun 21 with 4800 viewsacricketer

You missed out a 't'!
Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 00:29 - Jun 21 with 4787 viewsSydneyRs

If Luongo goes I gurantee he will shine elsewhere. Would be a real shame to lose him IMO but typical QPR.
Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 09:22 - Jun 21 with 4537 viewsstevec

One slow motion header in two seasons and three assists last season and some are wondering how we can replace him. Dear lord.

And to compare him in any fashion with Gerry Francis. Nurse, nuuurse.
Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 09:26 - Jun 21 with 4526 viewstoboboly

All depends on how much they are offering and what we have to take their place. Could Hamalainen (sp) step up, looked ok in the few outings I saw. Do we have another Manning in the reserves who can come through?

Problem with Luongo is his consistency but also his lack of availability when he plays for Oz, taking a game or two out every time doesn't help us get any consistency.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 09:30 - Jun 21 with 4508 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 09:22 - Jun 21 by stevec

One slow motion header in two seasons and three assists last season and some are wondering how we can replace him. Dear lord.

And to compare him in any fashion with Gerry Francis. Nurse, nuuurse.

I'm afraid it is my sad duty to inform you that we don't have a queue of Pirlo like central midfielders queuing up to join us, or popping their zits in the youth team.

I'd suggest your options are limited to:

1) Bitching and whining all season about him.

2) Getting behind him regardless of any limitations he might have.
Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 09:40 - Jun 21 with 4479 viewsstevec

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 09:30 - Jun 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm afraid it is my sad duty to inform you that we don't have a queue of Pirlo like central midfielders queuing up to join us, or popping their zits in the youth team.

I'd suggest your options are limited to:

1) Bitching and whining all season about him.

2) Getting behind him regardless of any limitations he might have.

or sell him to Forest.

They took Traore off our hands so they've got previous.

Bidwell was disappointing last season but he was left exposed too often, hopefully a different set up in front of him and he'd perhaps be a decent player, he'd fit a Warnock side. Don't think him and Lynch works well.
Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 09:46 - Jun 21 with 4463 viewspaulparker

I don't mind Luango but im not fussed if he stays or goes to be honest , same as bidwell
if we got say 5 million for the pair that would be good business in my book ,
the one thing I do like about our club is our scouting network , if we have a couple of players who potentially could be better ie like Freeman then go for it ,
we all said 3 years ago we need to go back to developing players and selling them on for a profit so I don't see the problem we are not selling world beaters here
if they go lets have a bit of faith in Penrice & Les

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 09:49 - Jun 21 with 4449 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 09:40 - Jun 21 by stevec

or sell him to Forest.

They took Traore off our hands so they've got previous.

Bidwell was disappointing last season but he was left exposed too often, hopefully a different set up in front of him and he'd perhaps be a decent player, he'd fit a Warnock side. Don't think him and Lynch works well.

Yeah that's fine, but then who? Or is no midfielder better than a bad midfielder?
Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 10:08 - Jun 21 with 4385 viewslave16

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 09:49 - Jun 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah that's fine, but then who? Or is no midfielder better than a bad midfielder?

Could Cousins replace Luongo?
As for bidwell he was left exposed - not sure who as a replacement

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 10:13 - Jun 21 with 4367 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If it's silly money and if we have adequate replacements lined up, then maybe. But the first is unlikely, the second is likelier than it would have been for a long time but stil difficult.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 10:42 - Jun 21 with 4308 viewsessextaxiboy

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 10:13 - Jun 21 by BrianMcCarthy

If it's silly money and if we have adequate replacements lined up, then maybe. But the first is unlikely, the second is likelier than it would have been for a long time but stil difficult.

I dug out Luongo mainly due to his inconsistency , to be fair the more he played the more consistent he was.
He does trek round the world with the National team though, which means you lose him for 4 or 5 games a season .
Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 11:04 - Jun 21 with 4243 viewshoopdog

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 21:35 - Jun 20 by Watford_Ranger

Not being sarcy mate but the games played over 90 minutes not in spasms and that's been his downfall got the ability but been missing for large parts of games though out his two years here
Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 11:07 - Jun 21 with 4232 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Forest to try and sign Luongo and Bidwell on 11:04 - Jun 21 by hoopdog

Not being sarcy mate but the games played over 90 minutes not in spasms and that's been his downfall got the ability but been missing for large parts of games though out his two years here

To be fair I can't name one player who was consistent last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024