Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Passport SOS 16:13 - Jun 21 with 4099 viewskarl

The font of knowledge on here needs to be flowing please!
Our goalkeeper applied for an American visa through Belfast and they've delayed sending his passport back to the extent he hasn't got it today and we're leaving Orkney tonight! Any suggestions as to what to do, are there any ways around this anyone knows?
They have assured him it was posted on Monday so will likely arrive tomorrow and can get it couriered out for the return journey but doesn't help outward obviously.
We only have one keeper and two who are very much part time so couldn't have happened to a worse player!!
Passport SOS on 16:18 - Jun 21 with 4084 viewsBrightonhoop

Call the Belfast office urgently, they may be able to issue paper documents via email that you print for travel. Lost my passport in Madrid years ago and was able to get paper docs from the Brit Embassy, but it's late in the day so get on it Karl. Good luck.
Passport SOS on 16:23 - Jun 21 with 4067 viewsTacticalR

I blame Trump's call for a complete and total shutdown of full time goalkeepers entering the United States.

Air hostess clique

Passport SOS on 16:23 - Jun 21 with 4065 viewskarl

Passport SOS on 16:18 - Jun 21 by Brightonhoop

Call the Belfast office urgently, they may be able to issue paper documents via email that you print for travel. Lost my passport in Madrid years ago and was able to get paper docs from the Brit Embassy, but it's late in the day so get on it Karl. Good luck.

Thanks BH, we have all day in Aberdeen tomorrow so may have time yet
Passport SOS on 16:25 - Jun 21 with 4052 viewsTonto

The US are very strict - so no passport = no entry, simple as.

I would say go straight to the passport office - but that is very difficult too given the geography. Outwith that, its probably fingers crossed...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Passport SOS on 16:40 - Jun 21 with 4005 viewskarl

Passport SOS on 16:25 - Jun 21 by Tonto

I would say go straight to the passport office - but that is very difficult too given the geography. Outwith that, its probably fingers crossed...

Tomorrow is for Sweden, although its a scholarship in America starting in August that his passport has been away for.

Belfast say they can't do anything as its in transit, sounds like a cop out
Passport SOS on 16:46 - Jun 21 with 3989 viewsdanehoop

Passport SOS on 16:25 - Jun 21 by Tonto

He will need a passport to travel and would be unlikely to be able to get on the plane/ferry without one. Temporary travel documents are normally only issued by British Embassies/Consulates to enable travel back to the UK, they are not issued in the UK.

One other option would be to try and get a same day premium service for a second passport at the nearest passport office to wherever you are Karl. Costs a bit, but I think can be done in a day.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

Never knowingly understood

Passport SOS on 16:51 - Jun 21 with 3967 viewskarl

Passport SOS on 16:46 - Jun 21 by danehoop

He will need a passport to travel and would be unlikely to be able to get on the plane/ferry without one. Temporary travel documents are normally only issued by British Embassies/Consulates to enable travel back to the UK, they are not issued in the UK.

One other option would be to try and get a same day premium service for a second passport at the nearest passport office to wherever you are Karl. Costs a bit, but I think can be done in a day.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

Thanks Dane, that makes sense about getting someone home.
Glasgow is the nearest office I think, we'll need to look at the logistics of it
Passport SOS on 20:06 - Jun 21 with 3832 viewskarl

Thanks for the help.
We've decided he's coming to Aberdeen then waiting there till his passport gets flown down to him, he'll then get a scheduled flight to Stockholm and then either another flight or ferry to Gotland, should arrive with us on Saturday at the worst and a other £500 lighter! First game on Sunday so all is not lost!
Login to get fewer ads

Passport SOS on 20:30 - Jun 21 with 3801 viewsFredManRave

It's like Sandro all over again.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Passport SOS on 20:39 - Jun 21 with 3778 viewshoopsa

Zip him up in a big Umbro bag and check him in.
Passport SOS on 20:39 - Jun 21 with 3778 viewsdistortR

Passport SOS on 20:06 - Jun 21 by karl

Thanks for the help.
We've decided he's coming to Aberdeen then waiting there till his passport gets flown down to him, he'll then get a scheduled flight to Stockholm and then either another flight or ferry to Gotland, should arrive with us on Saturday at the worst and a other £500 lighter! First game on Sunday so all is not lost!

Mate, if you're short i'm a phone call away...........got me own passport, trainers, everything, can dye my hair ginger if that helps..............
Passport SOS on 20:52 - Jun 21 with 3758 viewskarl

Passport SOS on 20:39 - Jun 21 by distortR

Mate, if you're short i'm a phone call away...........got me own passport, trainers, everything, can dye my hair ginger if that helps..............

You're next on the list mate......
Passport SOS on 21:04 - Jun 21 with 3741 viewsdistortR

Passport SOS on 20:52 - Jun 21 by karl

You're next on the list mate......

Yay!
Passport SOS on 10:13 - Jun 22 with 3523 viewskarl

Passport SOS on 21:04 - Jun 21 by distortR

Yay!

His luck is holding up, the passport is in Orkney and someone else from another sport has forgotten theirs so a friend of theirs is coming down in a private plane with both, what's the chances of that? Sorry but you're at the back of the queue again mate!
Passport SOS on 10:29 - Jun 22 with 3514 viewsKonk

Passport SOS on 10:13 - Jun 22 by karl

His luck is holding up, the passport is in Orkney and someone else from another sport has forgotten theirs so a friend of theirs is coming down in a private plane with both, what's the chances of that? Sorry but you're at the back of the queue again mate!

Brilliant news, Karl. I had been genuinely worrying about whether or not your keeper would get his passport in time. The stars are aligning - the trophy has your name on it. Orcadian pride - destroy the tax dodgers of Jersey! I'll donate £50 to a charity of your choice if you make a big banner saying, "Charlie Hungerford's an absolute wrong 'un" and have it pinned up during your game with Jersey.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Passport SOS on 10:36 - Jun 22 with 3500 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good news, Karl.

Now where's my nearest bookies...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Passport SOS on 16:10 - Jun 22 with 3349 viewsdistortR

Passport SOS on 10:13 - Jun 22 by karl

He might have to have an 'accident'. I'd packed my bag and everything!
Passport SOS on 16:23 - Jun 22 with 3307 viewsFredManRave

Passport SOS on 16:10 - Jun 22 by distortR

He might have to have an 'accident'. I'd packed my bag and everything!

I've got the Power.

Passport SOS on 07:39 - Jun 23 with 3178 viewskarl

Update is that the small plane couldn't land due to low cloud so no passports till the afternoon when they were put on a scheduled flight!
Ended up they flew to Gdansk last night and are due in Stockholm this morning before another flight gets them in here at 4pm, fingers crossed!
First game Sunday so no panic.......
Passport SOS on 18:23 - Jun 23 with 3107 viewskarl

Passport SOS on 07:39 - Jun 23 by karl

Update is that the small plane couldn't land due to low cloud so no passports till the afternoon when they were put on a scheduled flight!
Ended up they flew to Gdansk last night and are due in Stockholm this morning before another flight gets them in here at 4pm, fingers crossed!
First game Sunday so no panic.......

He's made it so back to full strength!
Passport SOS on 19:48 - Jun 23 with 3053 viewsFredManRave

Passport SOS on 18:23 - Jun 23 by karl

He's made it so back to full strength!

Great news. Especially bearing in mind Sundays game is a "Must Win".

Will there be a stream?!

I've got the Power.

Passport SOS on 22:28 - Jun 23 with 2974 viewskarl

Passport SOS on 19:48 - Jun 23 by FredManRave

Great news. Especially bearing in mind Sundays game is a "Must Win".

Will there be a stream?!

There is going to be a stream subject to strength of 4g, they were at the venue today and I think its ok so fingers crossed. Commentary will be by a Luto fan and for that I can only apologise!
4pm ko BST BBC Radio Orkney Facebook page.

I'm dreading my nickname from Lblock should this 'must win' slip away from us, go easy please mate, I'm a sensitive soul!
Passport SOS on 16:47 - Jun 24 with 2849 viewsFredManRave

Passport SOS on 22:28 - Jun 23 by karl

There is going to be a stream subject to strength of 4g, they were at the venue today and I think its ok so fingers crossed. Commentary will be by a Luto fan and for that I can only apologise!
4pm ko BST BBC Radio Orkney Facebook page.

I'm dreading my nickname from Lblock should this 'must win' slip away from us, go easy please mate, I'm a sensitive soul!

Talking of nicknames, are people from the north of Orkney called Norks?!

Good Luck for tomorrow. Hope the toughest ever preseason bears fruit and goals.

Keep us posted, Karl...
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 17:05]

I've got the Power.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024