Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer 01:33 - Jun 22 with 1530 viewsBoston

...course I was a London resident for the last one, 1976. What a year, remember loads of things, Rangers missing out on the title for starters, and Southend's pier burning down a few days after me and my mates had been for a day out. Then we was at war with Iceland over codpieces , IRA stuff, the Sex Pistols, getting knocked out on a riverbank concreting project near Preston Rd, there was an Olympics(somewhere), four pints for a pound (five in the Railwaymans Club), aah it was a great time.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 1:34]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 08:08 - Jun 22 with 1442 viewscolinallcars

It was awful. I worked at a little place in Park Royal that had a glass roof making it even hotter. So I chucked it in and went to cooler climes until the money ran out. Some folk loved it but London was unbearable. The sewers were smelly, grass went all brown, I pity the poor sods who had to go to work by tube.
So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 09:54 - Jun 22 with 1377 viewsessextaxiboy

I left school that year , played cricket every day on the school pitches between our last exam and end of term .
Then just left school and walked into a job ...easy
So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 10:00 - Jun 22 with 1367 views2Thomas2Bowles

So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 09:54 - Jun 22 by essextaxiboy

I left school that year , played cricket every day on the school pitches between our last exam and end of term .
Then just left school and walked into a job ...easy

But I thought the 1970's were so bad

Had a brill summer April to August working in a pub/club in Suffolk, run out of beer/lager a number of times

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 10:25 - Jun 22 with 1347 viewsHantsR

It was almost unbearably hot and humid. We had to drive an hour just to get our drinking water from a muddy river. The heat, the flies ... but I was working in the Kenya bush. Scratchy patchy BBC world service for my R's fix.
So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 11:16 - Jun 22 with 1274 viewscolinallcars

Remember the minister for drought? What was his name, Denis Howell. As soon as he was appointed it pi$$ed down for weeks
So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 12:17 - Jun 22 with 1201 viewsManinBlack

I couldn't enjoy that summer after QPR just missed out on the title ruined the whole year in truth. I felt then we would never be in that position again...
So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 12:42 - Jun 22 with 1174 viewsMonahoop

So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 11:16 - Jun 22 by colinallcars

Remember the minister for drought? What was his name, Denis Howell. As soon as he was appointed it pi$$ed down for weeks

Ha ha I remember him and that summer. I remember my old folks at the time booking a holiday to Norfolk on the notion that the great weather was going to last through to the autumn. The day we left home for our holiday the weather broke. It bloody pissed down every day. All the locals were saying' you should have been here last week and the week before and loads before that', as if we didn't bloody know! Yeh it was a great summer and music got more interesting then too. Up the late 70's!!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 12:44 - Jun 22 with 1168 viewsterryb

It may be my memory playing tricks, but didn't it snow at the beginning of June?

Then two weeks later we hit the hottest summer I can recall. It didn't quite make up for an awful easter though!
Login to get fewer ads

So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 12:46 - Jun 22 with 1157 viewsMonahoop

I remember it snowing at the end of May 1978. I was up a scaffold helping to whitewash our house. Baltic it was.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 13:08 - Jun 22 with 1125 views2Thomas2Bowles

The rain started on the 27th of August bank holiday weekend!

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 13:19 - Jun 22 with 1101 viewsMetallica_Hoop

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4627870/How-yesterday-s-94F-sizzler-comp

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 14:57 - Jun 22 with 1035 viewskensalriser

2003 was a scorcher. This year has got some way yet to go to catch up. And the heatwave's over, it's freezing today!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 15:11 - Jun 22 with 1016 viewssmegma

Due to the drought /water shortage we had to collect water from a standpipe on the corner of our street. It was those fire bridpgade manhole covers with the letter H on them. As a 12 year old I loved it as I didn't have to wash due to lack of water !!!
So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 20:52 - Jun 22 with 941 viewsBoston

So You're Enjoying A Decent Summer on 15:11 - Jun 22 by smegma

Due to the drought /water shortage we had to collect water from a standpipe on the corner of our street. It was those fire bridpgade manhole covers with the letter H on them. As a 12 year old I loved it as I didn't have to wash due to lack of water !!!

yoo hoo, droughts over, mate.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024