Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Become a footballer or start a band.. 14:30 - Jun 22 with 2303 viewsCopenranger

I know this forum is well in to both football and music, so perhaps it's all well known to some of you..
For me (living abroad) it was a good read about an era, that still means alot to our days music, football, politics etc..

Enjoy (hope it's not a repost).

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/20/how-englands-first-wave-of-heav
Become a footballer or start a band.. on 15:54 - Jun 22 with 2259 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Need to note the posh boys moving in to lucrative careers.

Just as acting has become a smart career move for the public school edjumacated, there are now bands, and, whisper it quietly, footballers coming from more privileged backgrounds.
Become a footballer or start a band.. on 16:23 - Jun 22 with 2237 viewsMetallica_Hoop

That was good cheers.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Become a footballer or start a band.. on 21:26 - Jun 22 with 2147 viewsMonahoop

An interesting slant on a part of English life in the 70's and 80's. Comparing football clubs with metal bands, I liked that. I wonder what band QPR could have been compared with at the time? I dread to think what their musical comparison would be now.
Though a fan of punk, I'm not a great admirer of Lydon. Always think he has too much opinion of himself and too much to say and not all of it good, but I did agree with his comments about football pundits and the need nowadays for so called experts. Why are they there? Watching a game without them would be far better, but alas those days are gone. Keep it simple and just watch, without the need for endless opinion.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024