Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Scowen 17:58 - Jun 22 with 21959 viewsWadR

Strong rumours from, relatively, reliable sources saying we've signed Josh Scowen the Barnsley midfielder on a free.

Would be very pleased with that. Had a great season last year, seems very popular with Barnsley fans and although we're well stocked for midfielders, I thought we were lacking a more defensive option to play alongside a box-to-box type in Luongo/Manning/Cousins.
Josh Scowen on 17:34 - Jun 23 with 5067 viewsBklynRanger

Josh Scowen on 14:54 - Jun 23 by toboboly

I was more booing Brooklyn tbh. If he misplaces a pass i'll be c@nting apoplectic!

I really punned the fcuk out of that one.
Josh Scowen on 20:01 - Jun 23 with 4900 viewsPBLOCK

My other half's family are from Barnsley and her cousin is a season ticket holder. Text him about Scowen and he said

"From Christmas onwards was arguably best player in the squad can pls pretty.much anywhere. Great talent. Big loss"
Josh Scowen on 22:24 - Jun 23 with 4689 viewsNorthernr

Josh Scowen on 20:01 - Jun 23 by PBLOCK

My other half's family are from Barnsley and her cousin is a season ticket holder. Text him about Scowen and he said

"From Christmas onwards was arguably best player in the squad can pls pretty.much anywhere. Great talent. Big loss"

Kill it. KILL IT.
Josh Scowen on 22:29 - Jun 23 with 4676 viewsWeaverQPR

Apparently the deal clincher was having 3 Saturdays off a month

@WeavQPR

Josh Scowen on 22:54 - Jun 23 with 4623 viewsPBLOCK

Josh Scowen on 22:24 - Jun 23 by Northernr

Kill it. KILL IT.

Eh?
Josh Scowen on 23:07 - Jun 23 with 4593 viewsNorthernr

Josh Scowen on 22:54 - Jun 23 by PBLOCK

Eh?

No he sounds great mate, but we know what we'll do with that. The Wikipedia and FIFA 17 veterans on here will be unhappy after half a dozen games if he doesn't hit the ground sprinting.
Josh Scowen on 23:27 - Jun 23 with 4538 viewsPBLOCK

Josh Scowen on 23:07 - Jun 23 by Northernr

No he sounds great mate, but we know what we'll do with that. The Wikipedia and FIFA 17 veterans on here will be unhappy after half a dozen games if he doesn't hit the ground sprinting.

Oh granted not scored in his first game hes Bob Malcolm and Gus Caesars lovechild !
Josh Scowen on 12:30 - Jun 24 with 4217 viewsrsonist

I see Barnsley have already signed up Cameron McGeehan from Luton - good player. That's our Bidwell/Rico Henry narrative sorted for this season then.
Login to get fewer ads

Josh Scowen on 14:15 - Jun 24 with 4053 viewsparker64

Josh Scowen on 12:30 - Jun 24 by rsonist

I see Barnsley have already signed up Cameron McGeehan from Luton - good player. That's our Bidwell/Rico Henry narrative sorted for this season then.

Luton fan at work said Barnsley were due to sign him before he broke his leg. Alot of the Luton side have come up through through the youth side - got some good players.
Josh Scowen on 19:17 - Jun 26 with 3644 viewsrichranger

Seems we've got him http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-news-barnsley-josh-scowen-agrees-mov
Josh Scowen on 19:28 - Jun 26 with 3598 viewsrunningman75

Next seasons magic formation may well be a 4-6-0 formation.
Josh Scowen on 21:14 - Jun 26 with 3335 viewsWatfordR

Josh Scowen on 19:17 - Jun 26 by richranger

Seems we've got him http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-news-barnsley-josh-scowen-agrees-mov

You sure thats not Joey Barton in that photo?
Josh Scowen on 21:40 - Jun 26 with 3247 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

The Polish lad Ariel will no doubt get the boot... and can anyone see cousins being fit enough to play more than a dozen games?

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Josh Scowen on 21:55 - Jun 26 with 3182 viewsOldPedro

Josh Scowen on 21:40 - Jun 26 by UPPERLOFTNZ

The Polish lad Ariel will no doubt get the boot... and can anyone see cousins being fit enough to play more than a dozen games?

From West London Sport

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-news-qpr-keen-deal-offload-midfielde

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Josh Scowen on 22:00 - Jun 26 with 3154 viewsRBlock

I bloody hope he does. I can see him playing a bit part this season. He hasn't struggled with injuries previously in his career, so one would hope last season doesn't start something and can be viewed as a one of.
Josh Scowen on 22:03 - Jun 26 with 3145 viewsichbinnaughty

Why would you say that? Young player, first season with us decimated by injury,no previous as a sicknote...
Give the lad a chance.
I think he's going to have a good season for us.
Josh Scowen on 22:05 - Jun 26 with 3138 viewsdaveB

even with his injuries he started 17 games last season, i think he could be a very good player for us
Josh Scowen on 22:05 - Jun 26 with 3137 viewsdavman

You gotta hope he will. Last season was the first time he has missed significant time since he started in 1st teams. In the previous three season's he started 42, 44 and 39 league games. He is young, so let's hope he recovers.

And if Jack Robinson follows suit, we'll see so much more energy down the left side plus that throw!

Still, someone is going to miss out regularly if we try to accommodate Cousins, Manning, Luongo, Freeman, Scowen, Goss and Hall in central midfield. Can't help but think we'll cash in on Luongo...

Still struggling to drum up any optimism here. Of those SEVEN central midfielders, I can't pick three capable of dominating a Championship game, so as much as it goes against the grain, a big physical presence like Johnson or Jedinak may be needed to sort that bit of the pitch out, but surely we can't sign yet another one?

The squad still looks unbalanced to me...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Josh Scowen on 23:54 - Jun 26 with 2963 viewsdaveB

Josh Scowen on 22:05 - Jun 26 by davman

You gotta hope he will. Last season was the first time he has missed significant time since he started in 1st teams. In the previous three season's he started 42, 44 and 39 league games. He is young, so let's hope he recovers.

And if Jack Robinson follows suit, we'll see so much more energy down the left side plus that throw!

Still, someone is going to miss out regularly if we try to accommodate Cousins, Manning, Luongo, Freeman, Scowen, Goss and Hall in central midfield. Can't help but think we'll cash in on Luongo...

Still struggling to drum up any optimism here. Of those SEVEN central midfielders, I can't pick three capable of dominating a Championship game, so as much as it goes against the grain, a big physical presence like Johnson or Jedinak may be needed to sort that bit of the pitch out, but surely we can't sign yet another one?

The squad still looks unbalanced to me...

With Cousins back I'd imagine that Hall will slot back into defence so that leaves 6 players fighting for 3 places which seems about right
Josh Scowen on 09:31 - Jun 27 with 2800 viewssimmo

Josh Scowen on 23:54 - Jun 26 by daveB

With Cousins back I'd imagine that Hall will slot back into defence so that leaves 6 players fighting for 3 places which seems about right

Agree that it's good to have so many options but I still think we're lacking someone to play the holding role in a midfield 2 or 3, we looked so much better with 1 person (usually Hall) sitting and allowing the others to push on. I am happy with the quality of our midfielders but still think it's a little unbalanced...

Really interested to know how we plan to play this season, I would love for us to have a defined formation and system that we know about and have in mind when recruiting.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Josh Scowen on 09:34 - Jun 27 with 2788 viewsdaveB

Josh Scowen on 09:31 - Jun 27 by simmo

Agree that it's good to have so many options but I still think we're lacking someone to play the holding role in a midfield 2 or 3, we looked so much better with 1 person (usually Hall) sitting and allowing the others to push on. I am happy with the quality of our midfielders but still think it's a little unbalanced...

Really interested to know how we plan to play this season, I would love for us to have a defined formation and system that we know about and have in mind when recruiting.

I think he'll switch between 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 next season
Josh Scowen on 09:39 - Jun 27 with 2762 viewsDorse

Josh Scowen on 09:34 - Jun 27 by daveB

Probably every five minutes. Am I right, Comrades? Eh? Eh?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 9:49]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Josh Scowen on 10:02 - Jun 27 with 2721 viewsdaveB

Josh Scowen on 09:39 - Jun 27 by Dorse

Probably every five minutes. Am I right, Comrades? Eh? Eh?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 9:49]

i fear you are probably right
Josh Scowen on 10:18 - Jun 27 with 2665 viewsHunterhoop

Josh Scowen on 09:34 - Jun 27 by daveB

I worry you're right, Dave.

My concern is both those formations can end up with us playing extremely narrow and direct, when our forwards thrive best off crosses, one of our best players is Wszolek (and out and out winger), and attacking wing play is what the LR crowd like.

He needs to find a way that in the 433, the wide forwards play genuinely wide and one, if not two, of the central 3 midfielders, can break late into the box to support Smith/Sylla.

I still think we're better suited to a 442, with Freeman and Wszolek wide, the former tucking in, and then Washington dropping deep to support the central midfield when we lose the ball (in the way Chery never did). Him off Smith gives us numbers in the box, Freeman and Wszolek provide the creativity. In the centre I'd have Luongo and Manning/Cousins at home, and replace one with Hall/genuine DM away.
Josh Scowen on 10:27 - Jun 27 with 2628 viewsdaveB

Josh Scowen on 10:18 - Jun 27 by Hunterhoop

I worry you're right, Dave.

My concern is both those formations can end up with us playing extremely narrow and direct, when our forwards thrive best off crosses, one of our best players is Wszolek (and out and out winger), and attacking wing play is what the LR crowd like.

He needs to find a way that in the 433, the wide forwards play genuinely wide and one, if not two, of the central 3 midfielders, can break late into the box to support Smith/Sylla.

I still think we're better suited to a 442, with Freeman and Wszolek wide, the former tucking in, and then Washington dropping deep to support the central midfield when we lose the ball (in the way Chery never did). Him off Smith gives us numbers in the box, Freeman and Wszolek provide the creativity. In the centre I'd have Luongo and Manning/Cousins at home, and replace one with Hall/genuine DM away.

I'd agree but I think the worry Holloway will have is that without the extra man in midfield we are too easy to score against so he will either have to sacrifice a forward or a wide player to protect the back four. We looked very good going forward playing 4-4-2 against WIgan and Barnsley at home but could have conceded 5 or 6 those nights and he seemed to shy away from playing that open again.

I do think we'll have a better idea once the transfer business has been done
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024