Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feel Good Football Stories 18:12 - Jun 22 with 3714 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Examples of good deeds by QPR or anyone else.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 18:13]
Feel Good Football Stories on 19:50 - Jun 22 with 2670 viewsonlyrinmoray

Good idea for a thread Bazza it will be good to read something positive for a change i'll start with an easy one Lee Cook giving the club his signing on fee
Feel Good Football Stories on 20:20 - Jun 22 with 2649 viewsRBlock

Feel Good Football Stories on 19:50 - Jun 22 by onlyrinmoray

Good idea for a thread Bazza it will be good to read something positive for a change i'll start with an easy one Lee Cook giving the club his signing on fee

Ooh, another. Lee Cook absolutely hammered buying a round of jaeger bombs in the Crown for anyone and everyone.
Feel Good Football Stories on 20:28 - Jun 22 with 2636 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I lost my wallet years ago on a trip to London to see Rangers. The generosity of Rangers fans will never leave me. Bought a house with it. Sometimes I wonder if I should have paid the money back....

First two sentences are true.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Feel Good Football Stories on 20:39 - Jun 22 with 2617 viewsBrianMcCarthy

And Les gave us €10,000 when we needed it...

And Crouch...

And twenty-one years after I left London I still have as many Rangers friends as I ever did, thanks mostly to LFW...

This could be a long thread!

Feel Good Football Stories on 21:12 - Jun 22 with 2597 viewsdistortR

a mate over here, who also supports qpr, told me a story.

A good few years ago a group decided to hold an auction for a local charity. The members wrote to football clubs - liverpool, manchester teams etc - asking for signed shirts to auction off. Matey wrote to QPR, and they were the only team to send what was requested.

It was a double win for my mate, no-one else bid for the shirt, so he got it for a tenner!

And like Brian, so many times been helped out by Ranger's mates.
Feel Good Football Stories on 21:19 - Jun 22 with 2586 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Feel Good Football Stories on 21:12 - Jun 22 by distortR

a mate over here, who also supports qpr, told me a story.

A good few years ago a group decided to hold an auction for a local charity. The members wrote to football clubs - liverpool, manchester teams etc - asking for signed shirts to auction off. Matey wrote to QPR, and they were the only team to send what was requested.

It was a double win for my mate, no-one else bid for the shirt, so he got it for a tenner!

And like Brian, so many times been helped out by Ranger's mates.

"And like Brian, so many times been helped out by Ranger's mates"

But enough about me bailing out your dodgy centre-back play...

Feel Good Football Stories on 21:25 - Jun 22 with 2574 viewsessextaxiboy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-journalist-reveals-manchest

I thought this was a nice thing to do
Feel Good Football Stories on 21:26 - Jun 22 with 2569 viewsdistortR

Feel Good Football Stories on 21:19 - Jun 22 by BrianMcCarthy

"And like Brian, so many times been helped out by Ranger's mates"

But enough about me bailing out your dodgy centre-back play...

NOT dodgy. Just cos you couldn't read my intentions, due to me having a superior football brain.
Login to get fewer ads

Feel Good Football Stories on 21:38 - Jun 22 with 2553 viewsdistortR

Back in the 80's or early 90's, travelling back on the train from a game up North with the likes of Joe, Big Steve, Silly Jim etc and we came across a distressed woman. Talking to her, she revealed she was a victim of domestic violence and was travelling south to start a new life with her young son. Without her knowing, we had a whip-round from the Rangers fans on the train, and when we got off, she was given a decent amount of money. She couldn't believe it, more tears but this time of a different kind.

Made me proud to be a hoop.
Feel Good Football Stories on 21:39 - Jun 22 with 2552 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Feel Good Football Stories on 21:26 - Jun 22 by distortR

NOT dodgy. Just cos you couldn't read my intentions, due to me having a superior football brain.

I see that now. I do.

Feel Good Football Stories on 21:41 - Jun 22 with 2548 viewsdistortR

Feel Good Football Stories on 21:39 - Jun 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I see that now. I do.

Apology?
Feel Good Football Stories on 21:55 - Jun 22 with 2528 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Feel Good Football Stories on 21:41 - Jun 22 by distortR

Apology?

Please don't. No need, my man.

Feel Good Football Stories on 21:58 - Jun 22 with 2522 viewsBrianMcCarthy

http://akutrs.moonfruit.com/faith-in-a-crowd/4585522335

A piece I wrote many moons ago about a true story of a Rangers manager and team bailing a few young 'uns out.

Feel Good Football Stories on 22:49 - Jun 22 with 2446 viewsLblock

Not too sure how to articulate this but....... TIGER CUBS

Get's me right in the solar plexus to see them kids loving, absolutely loving, wearing the hoops and out on that pitch.

Andy Evans and the gang take a bow.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Feel Good Football Stories on 22:57 - Jun 22 with 2434 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Feel Good Football Stories on 22:49 - Jun 22 by Lblock

Not too sure how to articulate this but....... TIGER CUBS

Get's me right in the solar plexus to see them kids loving, absolutely loving, wearing the hoops and out on that pitch.

Andy Evans and the gang take a bow.

Chalk it down.

Feel Good Football Stories on 23:48 - Jun 22 with 2381 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rangers opening up HQ for donations for the Grenfell Tower residents.

Feel Good Football Stories on 23:48 - Jun 22 with 2380 viewsBrianMcCarthy

PS. Good thread, this. Well done, Bazza.

Sticky, perhaps?

Feel Good Football Stories on 23:57 - Jun 22 with 2364 viewsFredManRave

Feel Good Football Stories on 23:48 - Jun 22 by BrianMcCarthy

PS. Good thread, this. Well done, Bazza.

Sticky, perhaps?

It's not THAT good Brian!
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 23:57]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Feel Good Football Stories on 00:01 - Jun 23 with 2356 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Feel Good Football Stories on 23:57 - Jun 22 by FredManRave

It's not THAT good Brian!
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 23:57]

Negative vibes, maaaan!

This is the Fell-GOOD thread!

Feel Good Football Stories on 00:03 - Jun 23 with 2349 viewsdistortR

Feel Good Football Stories on 00:01 - Jun 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Negative vibes, maaaan!

This is the Fell-GOOD thread!

fell-good?
Unlike Ashley Young, who fell-bad
Feel Good Football Stories on 08:24 - Jun 23 with 2260 viewsDorse

The greatest feel-good football story is the one where John Terry misses a penalty to lose the Champions League, before getting sent off in the next wherein his teammates win without him and the subsequent Europa League victory that was achieved without his input. Warms the cockles of my heart.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Feel Good Football Stories on 08:38 - Jun 23 with 2252 viewsKonk

Loads of footballers and managers do lots of great work and for every John Terry, there are a hundred decent lads who genuinely take an interest in the community work.

The other day, I read about an elderly Hibs couple who’d written to the club to explain that they wouldn’t be renewing their season tickets as they weren’t really up to the stairs, travel etc on a regular basis. They got a call the next day from the Hibs CEO, thanking them for their life long support and inviting them to come down to a game of their choice, where the club would arrange transport, they would be sat in the posh seats, meet the manager, players etc and be the official guests of honour for the day. A lovely gesture that the club didn’t publicise and which they didn’t need to make.

This story about Graham Taylor confirmed everything I’ve ever heard about what a great bloke he was:

The financial support and encouragement for Bradley Lowery from Sunderland, Everton, and supporters from all over the country and even Feyenoord who have unofficial links with Sunderland.

I think football’s about the fans as much as anything else, so I always get a bit weepy when a set of fans fight through adversity and save their club. Charlton returning to the Valley, Brighton not just returning to Brighton & Hove after the injustice of having the Goldstone stolen from them, the depressing schlep to fu cking Gillingham every other week for two years, but then the work to get to Withdean, the struggle to get Falmer built and then finally, promotion to the top division 20 years after they almost dropped out of the league without a ground of their own…well, knowing people involved in all that struggle, fund-raising and campaigning, that cheers me up enormously to see how far they’ve come.

Also with the Albion, the Fans United days, where fans from all over the country and sometimes the continent, travelled to show support for clubs who were having a hard time off the pitch. The countless times I’ve seen opposition fans putting money in collection buckets at away games. There is still a lot of solidarity amongst football fans, and willingness to help other clubs out. The efforts of a number of Supporters Trusts at clubs like Exeter and Pompey — again, I know a lad who is very involved in the Pompey Supporters trust, and knowing how much work they all put in and the emotional toll it took on them; Cheers me up to see them turning the corner even if they do have some knobhead fans.

Being a soppy ba stard, every time I see a family going to the game, it cheers me right up — make it three generations and I’m ready to start sobbing. Seeing kids buzzing on their way to the football or when they get in the ground — makes me feel very nostalgic for my childhood and the excitement of visiting a new ground. I love the fact that one of my mate’s sons has had a season ticket at the Cottage since he was three and he’s now going to away games with his mates and doing what we all did at his age.

On a personal note, a Dutch lad posted on a Fulham forum asking how to get tickets for a Fulham game — after some not very helpful responses, I offered to buy the tickets and meet them in a pub. We met up, I introduced them to my lot, we had a good laugh and sixteen years later, I’ve been to watch their team 20 odd times, they’ve been to dozens of Fulham games between them, we’ve seen each other’s clubs in European competition, I must have hosted 15+ of their group over the years, the original four I met all came to my wedding, and I’ve been to three weddings over there. They are also now mates with the lads I go cycling with, and I had a great trip cycling across the Netherlands with them. I’m always grateful that football gave me the chance to meet such a great group of people and their lovely partners and families.

Many of the best and funniest days of my life have been at the football; it’s given me an excuse to see bits of the country and Europe that I might not otherwise have seen, and I’ve met countless lovely, interesting people; fellow Fulham, opposition fans and sometimes just other football fans we’ve got chatting with on the train. If you ignore all the hype, money at the top, the complete disregard for match going fans, the dicks that administer the game, Gordon fu cking Taylor etc. it’s still a fantastic game watched by some brilliant people. Viva football.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Feel Good Football Stories on 08:48 - Jun 23 with 2243 viewsPhildo

A few years ago I was invited to a box at a game at Rangers. At that time Stan used to come to hospitality and do the rounds - I guess the club paid him a few quid. He only had one suit that was a bit threadbare.

At half time my mate went for a pee and Gerry Francis was in the bogs. Stan came in and silently Gerry took a look at him - no words exchanged. Gerry put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a £50 note and shoved it into Stans pocket.

Quietly Stan reached for the note pulled it out and examined it. He looked across at his old partner and said.............'f'in hell Gerry the war is over' and walked out.
Feel Good Football Stories on 12:28 - Jun 23 with 2170 viewsBluce_Ree

My favourite feel good footie story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27184083

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Feel Good Football Stories on 12:33 - Jun 23 with 2161 viewsFredManRave

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40381233

Grenfell Tower fire: Community Shield proceeds to be donated to affected

Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.

Arsenal will play Chelsea on 6 August at Wembley Stadium, and £1.25m could be raised from the match.

Football Association chairman Greg Clarke said: "We hope that in some small way through the Community Shield we can help.

"Football is for all, and we hope it can in its own way give something back to those who are most in need."

Seventy-nine people are missing or presumed dead after the blaze destroyed 150 homes in the Kensington tower block on 14 June.

Survivors, the families of the victims and emergency services personnel will be invited to the game as guests.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024