Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League cup - Boycott 14:40 - Aug 23 with 6918 viewsCorbyQPR

I am still angry at last nights team/performance & the attitude shown to the defeat by the club after.

How can we get the message across that we are not happy with the attitude towards cup competitions, especially the league cup. Would a boycott make any difference?

At the end of the day if they can't be bothered, why should we?
League cup - Boycott on 23:50 - Aug 24 with 1570 viewsnewgolddream

League cup - Boycott on 00:12 - Aug 26 with 1458 viewsWindsorHoopMan

The attitude by the club to these cup games is that they would clearly prefer us to lose, so why should we turn up, pay our good money and witness a 2nd team underperformance year on year. My first year coming up to the Rangers was 85/86 and the whole milk cup experience was brilliant. Just play the best team in every game and go out to win every cup, what the hell are we waiting for? The likelihood of us winning the premeirship in our lifetime is zero, so go for it in the cups and give us a trip to Wembley because that's what we all talk about, smile about and reminisce about.
League cup - Boycott on 10:53 - Aug 26 with 1390 viewsSomersetHoops

League cup - Boycott on 00:12 - Aug 26 by WindsorHoopMan

The attitude by the club to these cup games is that they would clearly prefer us to lose, so why should we turn up, pay our good money and witness a 2nd team underperformance year on year. My first year coming up to the Rangers was 85/86 and the whole milk cup experience was brilliant. Just play the best team in every game and go out to win every cup, what the hell are we waiting for? The likelihood of us winning the premeirship in our lifetime is zero, so go for it in the cups and give us a trip to Wembley because that's what we all talk about, smile about and reminisce about.

Cyprus Mel and Oldmisery made good points in their comments on Clive's preview to today's match when they say that Alex Stock always put out his best team and players this early in the season should be able to survive two matches. Clive's point about giving up that early on probably the only competition we have any chance of winning means that Ollie disrespects the fans who bothered to turn up.

Once Ollie decided on the team he picked he should be straight with the fans and say don't bother because I'm not. The fact that it was a local derby with Brentford should mean a better effort to win should have been made. If we beat Cardiff 1-4 today all will be forgiven, but that's probably not going to happen and its more likely we will get another tonking. With the right attitude from manager and players we could have beaten Brentford and if Ollie didn't think that was important he was wrong. If the team suffer two heavy defeats in succession after today's game it might take more than Ollie's got to put the attitude and morale right again.

Who's Next?

League cup - Boycott on 11:30 - Aug 26 with 1360 views1BobbyHazell

Could everyone please put a reminder in their diaries for next year to give the cup game a miss as this ludicrous, over the top, moaning about Holloway and the club treating this competition the same as the vast majority of other clubs do is doing my f-ing head in.

A cup we could win!!! Disrespecting the fans!!! Behave.

Personally I'm thrilled that we'll be taking the field against Cardiff with a well rested midfield and Mackie and Washington ready for a full on press.
League cup - Boycott on 11:36 - Aug 26 with 1365 viewsDejR_vu

League cup - Boycott on 18:09 - Aug 23 by oddball

left work early, travelled down from northampton to watch that.there use to be a decent following from up here now im the last man standing. but after last night ive had it myself when it comes to cup games.

I find it amusing when Lee Hoos comes out and says he's done some research and a lot of people who come to QPR for the first time don't come back, and he then goes on to attribute that to the state of the toilets, the kiosks etc. etc. wilfully ignoring the garbage quite often produced on the pitch. If people came to QPR and saw an entertaining game, were excited by what they saw on the pitch, they would come back whether they liked the bogs or not.

The club has done this year after year after year in the cup. If they keep producing garbage people aren't going to pay to watch it. Fine in the short term, and fine if we win the league instead, but if those same people become disenfranchised they won't bring their kids and friends. If that happens the next generation have no chance of getting hooked. If we're not in the top league, and we don't have anyone coming through the gates, we're done for.

It is never okay to get hammered at home, with a shrug of the shoulders.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

League cup - Boycott on 11:45 - Aug 26 with 1347 views1BobbyHazell

League cup - Boycott on 11:36 - Aug 26 by DejR_vu

I find it amusing when Lee Hoos comes out and says he's done some research and a lot of people who come to QPR for the first time don't come back, and he then goes on to attribute that to the state of the toilets, the kiosks etc. etc. wilfully ignoring the garbage quite often produced on the pitch. If people came to QPR and saw an entertaining game, were excited by what they saw on the pitch, they would come back whether they liked the bogs or not.

The club has done this year after year after year in the cup. If they keep producing garbage people aren't going to pay to watch it. Fine in the short term, and fine if we win the league instead, but if those same people become disenfranchised they won't bring their kids and friends. If that happens the next generation have no chance of getting hooked. If we're not in the top league, and we don't have anyone coming through the gates, we're done for.

It is never okay to get hammered at home, with a shrug of the shoulders.

So now Tuesday's defeat (allied with other recent Carabao cup failures) means the end of QPR.

Chin up brother! X
League cup - Boycott on 11:58 - Aug 26 with 1346 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

League cup - Boycott on 11:30 - Aug 26 by 1BobbyHazell

Could everyone please put a reminder in their diaries for next year to give the cup game a miss as this ludicrous, over the top, moaning about Holloway and the club treating this competition the same as the vast majority of other clubs do is doing my f-ing head in.

Personally I'm thrilled that we'll be taking the field against Cardiff with a well rested midfield and Mackie and Washington ready for a full on press.

I know. It's like getting on the tube at Bank during rush hour and complaining that it's busy. I think it's just a sign that we're doing alright that this is all people have to moan about.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

League cup - Boycott on 12:10 - Aug 26 with 1323 views1BobbyHazell

League cup - Boycott on 11:58 - Aug 26 by CliveWilsonSaid

I know. It's like getting on the tube at Bank during rush hour and complaining that it's busy. I think it's just a sign that we're doing alright that this is all people have to moan about.

Absolutely. Unfortunately it doesn't bode too well for the reaction we'll get with the inevitable dip in league form.
Login to get fewer ads

League cup - Boycott on 12:14 - Aug 26 with 1321 viewsDejR_vu

League cup - Boycott on 11:45 - Aug 26 by 1BobbyHazell

So now Tuesday's defeat (allied with other recent Carabao cup failures) means the end of QPR.

Chin up brother! X

Have you noticed the attendances, and not just in the cup? 14k on the opening day, 12k for Hull. Not exactly hanging from the rafters. I don't think we can afford to p1ss the fans off in any games.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

League cup - Boycott on 12:32 - Aug 26 with 1292 views1BobbyHazell

League cup - Boycott on 12:14 - Aug 26 by DejR_vu

Have you noticed the attendances, and not just in the cup? 14k on the opening day, 12k for Hull. Not exactly hanging from the rafters. I don't think we can afford to p1ss the fans off in any games.

It is becoming increasingly clear that P1ssed Off Fans are a large and unavoidable part of modern day football/QPR.

We've made a very impressive and unexpected start to the season, if people want to focus on us playing a lot of reserve team players like most other teams in the Carabao cup and translating it as disrespect, a stick to beat both manager and club with and the beginning of the end of QPR then so be it.

For me that's just ridiculous levels of negativity that have been bursting to be projected since the season began.
League cup - Boycott on 12:50 - Aug 26 with 1282 viewsessextaxiboy

League cup - Boycott on 11:30 - Aug 26 by 1BobbyHazell

Exactly, and if we lose today using it as some kind of vindication that we should have played a full strength team on Tues .

The note in the diary should be for Jan when we will do exactly the same thing with (probably knowing our past history), the same result.
League cup - Boycott on 12:51 - Aug 26 with 1279 viewsHarbour

League cup - Boycott on 15:37 - Aug 23 by daveB

true and I was among them but I think it works both ways, very few fans bother with cup games so club treats them as pre season games

I went but league cup fa cup games cannot remember a decent performance from us so beginning to think it's not worth the effort time money now sticking to championship games until such time the club starts to make an effort.
League cup - Boycott on 13:37 - Aug 26 with 1246 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

League cup - Boycott on 12:51 - Aug 26 by Harbour

I went but league cup fa cup games cannot remember a decent performance from us so beginning to think it's not worth the effort time money now sticking to championship games until such time the club starts to make an effort.

If it's a home game and I've got nothing better to do I'll go. I went to both cup games expecting not very much. Apart from Chair's performance against Northampton, that's pretty much what I got. The Brentford game was very poor but I'm finding it very hard to get angry about it.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

League cup - Boycott on 01:58 - Aug 27 with 1169 viewsWindsorHoopMan

It's simple, at our level go out and win every game with the best team we have got. When we are in the premier league and pushing for a champions league spot or trying to avoid relegation then by all means tinker about with the squad on league cup games, but what the hell are we playing for right now???? We are not exactly resting the squad for a promotion push, we're 4 games in for gods sake.
League cup - Boycott on 17:29 - Aug 27 with 1068 viewsozexile

I see it's not just us. Mignolet is getting rested today according to Klopp due to his exhausting 3 games in 4 months schedule.
League cup - Boycott on 07:58 - Aug 28 with 1018 viewsNortholt_Rs

League cup - Boycott on 13:37 - Aug 26 by CliveWilsonSaid

If it's a home game and I've got nothing better to do I'll go. I went to both cup games expecting not very much. Apart from Chair's performance against Northampton, that's pretty much what I got. The Brentford game was very poor but I'm finding it very hard to get angry about it.

I was there and livid.....having to listen to those c u n t s singing OlÄ— in our ground!!! As for the 'impressive start' we've now lost 3 of the last 4 games.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 7:59]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

League cup - Boycott on 08:00 - Aug 28 with 1016 viewsNortholt_Rs

League cup - Boycott on 14:42 - Aug 23 by daveB

fans didn't seem to bothered last night, only 7,000 QPR fans turned up

There will be less than 5,000 next time...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024