Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wheeler 21:55 - Sep 11 with 3323 viewsBlueandWhiteRiot

I know he didn't get much of a run out. What did people think of his performance?
Wheeler on 22:03 - Sep 11 with 3285 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Not enough to go on so far. I imagine he'll take a little while to settle into the Championship. I was talking with a Wimbledon fan i know the other day who commented that he'd seen we'd signed him. He seemed to rate him.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Wheeler on 22:32 - Sep 11 with 3201 viewsconnell10

What i saw i liked and he wears black boots , always a plus point!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wheeler on 22:39 - Sep 11 with 3184 viewsBlueandWhiteRiot

Wheeler on 22:32 - Sep 11 by connell10

What i saw i liked and he wears black boots , always a plus point!

Black boots always a good start
Wheeler on 02:00 - Sep 12 with 3004 viewstimcocking

Can't even begin to judge on that. Couldn't have done worse with a good chance though. Shame, what a glorious first touch it would have been!

Being a Cornish fella, i tend to keep half an eye on Exeter (not much, Plymouth is the Kernow team if there is one) and i was unaware Wheeler was considered good enough to be stepping up a couple of levels. So i have to say, i'll be surprised if we get too much out of him. Let's hope i'm wrong, although you'll know by now, i never am.
Wheeler on 08:37 - Sep 12 with 2831 viewsStevenageRanger

Wheeler on 02:00 - Sep 12 by timcocking

Can't even begin to judge on that. Couldn't have done worse with a good chance though. Shame, what a glorious first touch it would have been!

Being a Cornish fella, i tend to keep half an eye on Exeter (not much, Plymouth is the Kernow team if there is one) and i was unaware Wheeler was considered good enough to be stepping up a couple of levels. So i have to say, i'll be surprised if we get too much out of him. Let's hope i'm wrong, although you'll know by now, i never am.

"So i have to say, i'll be surprised if we get too much out of him. Let's hope i'm wrong, although you'll know by now, i never am"

Lets hope so!! As a Stevenage lad, friends and family had seen loads of Luke Freeman as he played for them for a couple of seasons in L2. People said he was good for them but would be surprised if he could cut it in the Championship. Seemed to do OK at Bristol City and is becoming a fans favorite here.

Lets hope Wheeler is the same.

I think its a signing that alot of fans want the R's to do business. Lower league player who has done well, young (ish) and a real desire to do well. Some wont work out, some will be OK and the odd one will be great!

Talking of players that we have purchased from leagues below us and have not set the world alight, I thought Conor Washington had one of his best games on Saturday. His touch seemed to be excellent. Its amazing what a couple of weeks away training with other players does :) !!!
Wheeler on 09:36 - Sep 12 with 2712 viewssmegma

Nearly scored with his first touch. Looked a bit nervous understandably having leapt 2 levels. I'm guessing he'll be on the bench tonight again.
Wheeler on 10:01 - Sep 12 with 2671 viewsrobith

I was away on Saturday, but one thing I noticed is our midfield bar the odd Freeman worldie seem reticient to shoot but in the clips of his goals for Exeter a lot of his goals came from first time shots so he could add a bit more directness to us once he's up to speed
Wheeler on 10:22 - Sep 12 with 2627 viewsW7Ranger

Wheeler on 10:01 - Sep 12 by robith

I was away on Saturday, but one thing I noticed is our midfield bar the odd Freeman worldie seem reticient to shoot but in the clips of his goals for Exeter a lot of his goals came from first time shots so he could add a bit more directness to us once he's up to speed

Luongo had a few sighters on Saturday I thought?
Login to get fewer ads

Wheeler on 11:42 - Sep 12 with 2548 viewsrobith

Wheeler on 10:22 - Sep 12 by W7Ranger

Luongo had a few sighters on Saturday I thought?

Sorry, my original post on reread wasn't very clear. I missed the game (was at a wedding in DC) but it was something I'd noted more as a general trend amongst our midfiled over the last year or so
Wheeler on 18:28 - Sep 12 with 2200 viewsTonto

Wheeler on 02:00 - Sep 12 by timcocking

Plymouth? the Kernow team? its in Devon! Wash your keyboard out with soap...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024