Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? 13:40 - Aug 4 with 6730 viewsPBlocker

After supporting The R`s for over 40 years I really feel let down my the new ground that might never happen, we have gone down from a 40,000 capacity to a 30,000 capacity and now TF says the new ground is a long way away because of not much support, this Is a major blow after all the promises, I feel we are getting left behind, even little old Brentford have moved on and catching us up, this is embarrassing being a Rangers fan, a few years ago we were talking about The Spud Chelsea ect and now both Foolham and Brentford seem to be overtaking us, we need a new ground to move forward, we simply can not compete with our small capacity and will not grow, even more we see the likes of our little neighbours overtaking us, we are becoming a joke club with false promises and that hurts
Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 22:27 - Aug 4 with 1725 viewscolinallcars

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 22:21 - Aug 4 by baz_qpr

I heard at the end of the season the LC stadium was very close and that something could be announced after the local elections, not sure what happened in those elections if the ward changed or the balance of power in the council changed but something has clearly happened that has changed that

The local elections gave the Labour controlled council a larger majority. I believe the council were in favour so I doubt their stance has changed.
Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 22:46 - Aug 4 with 1692 viewsN12Hoop

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 22:21 - Aug 4 by baz_qpr

I heard at the end of the season the LC stadium was very close and that something could be announced after the local elections, not sure what happened in those elections if the ward changed or the balance of power in the council changed but something has clearly happened that has changed that

In politics “after the election” means after they have got their feet under the table and had lengthy holidays. Hence my comment that they were hoping to have a conversation much later this year.
IF the council are broadly in agreement, there are still a bunch of other interested parties to be placated, but having the council support means that the biggest stakeholder is onside and that will help the discussions with the other parties.
If we get the green light from the council to move forward then it is still expected that it would be at least 4 years before we saw a new stadium and quite possibly closer to 8 years!

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 23:20 - Aug 4 with 1648 viewswombat

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 22:46 - Aug 4 by N12Hoop

In politics “after the election” means after they have got their feet under the table and had lengthy holidays. Hence my comment that they were hoping to have a conversation much later this year.
IF the council are broadly in agreement, there are still a bunch of other interested parties to be placated, but having the council support means that the biggest stakeholder is onside and that will help the discussions with the other parties.
If we get the green light from the council to move forward then it is still expected that it would be at least 4 years before we saw a new stadium and quite possibly closer to 8 years!

The owner biggest feck up , backed the wrong horse because if it’s financial returns when other more suitable sites were Aval local to LR there are no sold so that ships sailed

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 23:32 - Aug 4 with 1617 viewsbaz_qpr

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 22:27 - Aug 4 by colinallcars

The local elections gave the Labour controlled council a larger majority. I believe the council were in favour so I doubt their stance has changed.

Yeah but councils are very much about individuals so if there has been a turnover in the individuals either in the ward or in the labour party, it will be new people that will need to be persuaded
Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 01:07 - Aug 5 with 1547 viewstimcocking

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 13:43 - Aug 4 by cyprusmel

I guess that when we manage to fill Loftus Road every week, the owners might have a re think.

If the owners wanted to fill Loftus Raod, they shouldn't give away all our good players.
Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 18:05 - Aug 5 with 1236 viewsBushRanger82

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 01:07 - Aug 5 by timcocking

If the owners wanted to fill Loftus Raod, they shouldn't give away all our good players.

What he said.
Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 20:31 - Aug 5 with 1122 viewsEsox_Lucius

We were always doomed once they decided to sell Phil Parkes. It just spiralled from there.

The grass is always greener.

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 21:13 - Aug 5 with 1079 viewsGloucs_R

In other words... No more money.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 23:21 - Aug 5 with 989 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 21:13 - Aug 5 by Gloucs_R

In other words... No more money.

No more stupid money. Yes. Thank God.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 02:04 - Aug 6 with 960 viewsJigsore

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 01:07 - Aug 5 by timcocking

speaking of which is Remy available to play next week?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 07:02 - Aug 6 with 916 viewsGloucs_R

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 23:21 - Aug 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

No more stupid money. Yes. Thank God.

I don't think investing in a new ground is stupid.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 08:39 - Aug 6 with 840 viewsRs_Holy

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 07:02 - Aug 6 by Gloucs_R

I don't think investing in a new ground is stupid.

trouble is (and we've done this a million times), we're never going to attract new fans to Loftus Road! Youngs lads will go with there mates to Arsenil, Spurs (new ground), Brentfords (new ground), Fulham, the Scum and will be impressed with most of what they see.
Unfortunatley Loftus Road is now getting very tired! Its cramped, theres loads of restricted views, you get wet in the paddocks and front of the Loft if it rains, the facilities are terrible.
We are slipping way behind every local rival and its only going to get worse the longer we stay at Loftus Road.
Its a brillaint little stadium but we've reached the point were its time to move on. Unfortunately yet another cock up from Uncle Tone and the board means weve wasted a few years trying to get Old Oak Common when the owners told the board it wouldnt happen!... Oh well onwards and upwards!
Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 09:04 - Aug 6 with 815 viewsToast_R

Anybody Felt Let Down By New Ground Promises ? on 08:39 - Aug 6 by Rs_Holy

trouble is (and we've done this a million times), we're never going to attract new fans to Loftus Road! Youngs lads will go with there mates to Arsenil, Spurs (new ground), Brentfords (new ground), Fulham, the Scum and will be impressed with most of what they see.
Unfortunatley Loftus Road is now getting very tired! Its cramped, theres loads of restricted views, you get wet in the paddocks and front of the Loft if it rains, the facilities are terrible.
We are slipping way behind every local rival and its only going to get worse the longer we stay at Loftus Road.
Its a brillaint little stadium but we've reached the point were its time to move on. Unfortunately yet another cock up from Uncle Tone and the board means weve wasted a few years trying to get Old Oak Common when the owners told the board it wouldnt happen!... Oh well onwards and upwards!

As I get older, I'm more and more put off going due to the cramped conditions in the stadium. Paying £30.00 to sit in a seat with less room than Noddy's car.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024