Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan On Saturday 11:03 - Aug 22 with 8671 viewsbeanofire1

Just interested to see what people are thinking on here.

We get a better performance but lose. Should McClaren go?
We draw, but it's turgid stuff. Should McClaren stay?

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Wigan On Saturday on 11:08 - Aug 22 with 6297 viewsRs_Holy

I dont really care about the result but I want to see some organisation, team togetherness and being able to maintain those qualities for 90+ minutes.
Wigan On Saturday on 11:32 - Aug 22 with 6241 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Wigan On Saturday on 11:08 - Aug 22 by Rs_Holy

I dont really care about the result but I want to see some organisation, team togetherness and being able to maintain those qualities for 90+ minutes.

Just had Santa on the phone. Would you settle for a Bentley and Scarlet Johanson gagging for it in the back seat instead?

Seriously, give him a chance mate.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wigan On Saturday on 11:40 - Aug 22 with 6202 viewssimmo

The reaction had to come last night. It did, it wasn't the one we wanted.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Wigan On Saturday on 11:51 - Aug 22 with 6155 viewsrunningman75

I have never placed a bet against the r's but Will Grigg must be favourite for first goal scorer.
Wigan On Saturday on 12:42 - Aug 22 with 6099 viewsPinnerPaul

I'm thinking I'm going but beyond that have no idea what will happen!
Wigan On Saturday on 12:47 - Aug 22 with 6063 viewsRs_Holy

Wigan On Saturday on 11:32 - Aug 22 by PlanetHonneywood

Just had Santa on the phone. Would you settle for a Bentley and Scarlet Johanson gagging for it in the back seat instead?

Seriously, give him a chance mate.

Really???... I've said the result doesnt matter (slack has been cut on that front), but I would like to think we will not totally implode after Wigan score their first goal. If we could maintain that mindset for the duration of the match I will be overjoyed!
Is that any better or am I still being too ambitious?
Wigan On Saturday on 12:51 - Aug 22 with 6028 viewssimmo

I'm going too, can't wait actually as it means a good session with my friends and there's an extra day to recover before going back to work, but I didn't see a thing last night that suggests Saturday will be any different. We completely and utterly capitulated after we conceded that first goal and Bristol weren't even that good.

I never usually advocate this kind of thing and it's clear that issues go beyond the manager, but I would say that he should go. The problem though, as ever, is who replaces him...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Wigan On Saturday on 12:57 - Aug 22 with 5973 viewspaulparker

Wigan On Saturday on 12:51 - Aug 22 by simmo

I'm going too, can't wait actually as it means a good session with my friends and there's an extra day to recover before going back to work, but I didn't see a thing last night that suggests Saturday will be any different. We completely and utterly capitulated after we conceded that first goal and Bristol weren't even that good.

I never usually advocate this kind of thing and it's clear that issues go beyond the manager, but I would say that he should go. The problem though, as ever, is who replaces him...

you only have to look at other teams fans to see the reaction of the McLaren appointment ,we are a laughing stock the club suit story on talksh1t sums it all up
I have us down for a draw in this one and that's being very optimistic
I cant even describe what system we are playing or what we are trying to do ,the players look like they have just met for a trial ,
like everyone else on here ive seen some right old sh1t down here through the years but last night was on another level altogether ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan On Saturday on 13:05 - Aug 22 with 5936 viewsstevec

Despite everything, I think it's unfair to judge him until we've got some loan signings in that he wants.

Not sure even Warnock could rally this bunch.
Wigan On Saturday on 13:13 - Aug 22 with 5907 viewsted_hendrix

I'll be there Saturday, I'll probably turn up late like our defence. As Tony Soprano used to say when things were going wrong 'what can you do'

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wigan On Saturday on 13:17 - Aug 22 with 5888 viewsmakaveli1882

Wigan On Saturday on 13:13 - Aug 22 by ted_hendrix

I'll be there Saturday, I'll probably turn up late like our defence. As Tony Soprano used to say when things were going wrong 'what can you do'

He also said "This isn't painful. Getting shot is painful. Getting stabbed in the ribs is painful. This ... isn't painful. It's empty. Dead."
Wigan On Saturday on 13:30 - Aug 22 with 5824 viewsrobith

It's my wife's birthday and before the season started I specifically negotiated an out to go to the game. Don't even fancy it right now.

A turgid draw would to my mind at least show McClaren is trying to get some grit going
Wigan On Saturday on 13:35 - Aug 22 with 5793 viewsBluce_Ree

Wigan fan at work reckons they are playing some really good football at the moment but just not getting the results they deserve.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Wigan On Saturday on 13:41 - Aug 22 with 5765 viewsTGRRRSSS

I was intending to go to Wigan but several people I know (1 STer) not going for various reasons, so I thoght ok why not go on my own and do other things before or after or whatever. Now not bothering too much money and I think we WILL lose comfortably.

By this I mean I dont see the point wasting money as the experience is simply not worth the outlay involved.

Well done EFL and FFP. Harvey and Uncle Bungle, and many others.
Wigan On Saturday on 13:53 - Aug 22 with 5700 viewsSimonJames

This will be the first team we've played that we finished ahead of last season.
Provided Lumley replaces Ingram, I think we should be able to get a result.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Wigan On Saturday on 14:00 - Aug 22 with 5672 viewsDorse

Just out of interest, is the Scarlett Johansson offer still available? I only ask because a friend of mine...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wigan On Saturday on 14:00 - Aug 22 with 5672 viewsWestbourneR

Wigan On Saturday on 13:53 - Aug 22 by SimonJames

This will be the first team we've played that we finished ahead of last season.
Provided Lumley replaces Ingram, I think we should be able to get a result.

Lumley for Ingram, Lumley is a proper keeper, you'll be very pleased when he gets a run
Hall for Leistner, the German is a total one paced dud, not even go in the air or tackle
Baptiste stays in the team, he 's a proper committed pro
Drop Luongo immediately and get him to sort his head out, he's currently a passenger
Play either Oteh or Sylla up front

All these things will help but not enough with McLaren around.

The man is a fair weather manager, when things go bad he has NEVER been able to turn it around, no matter where he has been. He definitely does not have the stones to get QPR out of a relegation scrap.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Wigan On Saturday on 15:40 - Aug 22 with 5553 viewsBluce_Ree

I don't know why but I've got a sneaky feeling that we'll be giving Wigan a portion of hooped dick. Right in the gob.

I know that makes me clinically insane and my IQ has just dropped to two digits but I think we'll show some fight on Saturday and will win convincingly.

I'm basing this on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Wigan On Saturday on 17:54 - Aug 22 with 5343 viewsrobith

Wigan On Saturday on 15:40 - Aug 22 by Bluce_Ree

I don't know why but I've got a sneaky feeling that we'll be giving Wigan a portion of hooped dick. Right in the gob.

I know that makes me clinically insane and my IQ has just dropped to two digits but I think we'll show some fight on Saturday and will win convincingly.

This post has cheered me up. Thank you
Wigan On Saturday on 17:59 - Aug 22 with 5316 viewsHooped_Pullie

Wigan On Saturday on 15:40 - Aug 22 by Bluce_Ree

I'm going on Saturday and boy how I hope you're nailed-on, dead-centre correct on this one.

Whether you are or not though, I will be roaring on supportively in the same refined way I have done for the last 30 years...
Wigan On Saturday on 18:03 - Aug 22 with 5303 viewsNorthernr

I think we'll lose 2-0 and he'll be gone.
I thought we might muck in and get our backs to the wall and dig a result out last night, and instead they served up that pathetic pile of sht.
Wigan can't defend but we don't attack so shouldn't be a problem. They do score a lot of goals, which will be an issue.
Wigan On Saturday on 18:19 - Aug 22 with 5237 viewsVancouverHoop

Wigan On Saturday on 18:03 - Aug 22 by Northernr

I thought we might muck in and get our backs to the wall and dig a result out last night, and instead they served up that pathetic pile of sht.
Wigan can't defend but we don't attack so shouldn't be a problem. They do score a lot of goals, which will be an issue.

Yeah. If there'd been even a remote positive sign of a turnaround it would be different, but that's not the case. We're actually getting worse every game, unless there are clear indications of improvement on Saturday the club will probably have little choice but to let him go. What that'll mean, who knows? Who'll replace him and how will we pay for him? No idea.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 18:20]
Wigan On Saturday on 19:56 - Aug 22 with 5068 viewsOldPedro

I'm going to be there and bringing my 11 year old son with me. He's a defender and wants to bring his boots with him......

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Wigan On Saturday on 20:36 - Aug 22 with 4988 viewsDesertBoot

Wigan On Saturday on 18:03 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Wigan are currently tearing Stoke apart at the 365 and winning 2-0.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Wigan On Saturday on 20:44 - Aug 22 with 4952 viewsBluce_Ree

Wigan On Saturday on 20:36 - Aug 22 by DesertBoot

Wigan are currently tearing Stoke apart at the 365 and winning 2-0.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024