Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? 19:41 - Aug 23 with 11830 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Going on from the despair thread, what’s the earliest match any of us went to?

Anyone seen a pre War match?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 19:42]
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 20:27 - Aug 23 with 5661 viewsoldmisery

Which war, WW1 or WW2?
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 20:32 - Aug 23 with 5647 viewsJigsore

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 20:27 - Aug 23 by oldmisery

Which war, WW1 or WW2?

the third Anglo-Burmese War

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 20:37 - Aug 23 with 5631 viewsqprxtc

I saw us beat Sheff Wed 2-0 a few days before the Argy Bargy invasion of the Fslklands.

And beat West Brom 1-0 at Highbury the day after.

I’m 48 years and 7 months.
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 20:47 - Aug 23 with 5595 viewsbosh67

I'm 51 and I started this descent into madness at the age of 4. We beat Villa. I liked the hoops. My family were from Manchester and followed City. 47 years on and they're still not talking to me.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 20:56 - Aug 23 with 5573 viewspomanjou

I think I may be the oldest poster on this board at 81 .
But I have only been a qpr supporter for 19 years which must be
some form of madness!

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 21:01 - Aug 23 with 5552 viewsbullythebear

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 20:37 - Aug 23 by qprxtc

I saw us beat Sheff Wed 2-0 a few days before the Argy Bargy invasion of the Fslklands.

And beat West Brom 1-0 at Highbury the day after.

I’m 48 years and 7 months.

I’m also 48 and 7 mths, bet we’re not the oldest.
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 21:06 - Aug 23 with 5538 viewsRangersDave

53 this year and went to my fist match at 6 months and apparently wasnt a brat ruining it through crying, as your want to do at that age, and on recent performances this age too.

Dad who died in 'feb was 80, supported Rangers sll his life from about 18 months or so i think he went to his first match. did Loftus /road, White City etc

loved taking me to the training ground by RAF Northolt when i was 2 or 3 years old.

My son went to his first match, at Brum versus Rangers at 3 years old. but he's got a few years to catch me and dad up, thats for sure.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 21:07 - Aug 23 with 5536 viewskomradkirk

im 60
started supporting the day after the 1967 League cup final and our primary school team played in red and white hoops.
Login to get fewer ads

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 21:13 - Aug 23 with 5511 viewsRs_Holy

52.5 years old
First match v Swansea 1978... I think we won 2-0?
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 21:14 - Aug 23 with 5506 viewsjonno

First game I think was beating Millwall 6-1 (Millwall finished 2nd and were promoted) in Div 3 in the 1965/66 season. Saw us beat Birmingham in the League Cup Semi Final home leg 3-1 the following season and of course West Brom in the final at Wembley.
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 21:34 - Aug 23 with 5457 viewsRuislipHoop

I,m 60,first game was 1966 Shrewsbury at home
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 21:35 - Aug 23 with 5454 viewsBucksRanger

Almost 68 years old now. Have been a football fan for as long as I can remember. I had an uncle on my father's side who played for Brentford and they were the first side I saw but I didn't take to them. After that my father tried me on Fulham but that was no better. Then at the start of the 1958-59 season he took me to see QPR v Colchester. The sun was shining, the pitch was beautiful and the Rangers won the game 4-2 and that was the real start of my life long love affair with the Hoops.

I guess that means I've done 60 years next week as the QPR v Colchester game was on 30th August 1958.

First hero - Brian Bedford
Second hero - Mike Keen
Third hero - Mark Lazarus

Greatest hero - Rodney Marsh

Many others have followed since then but not so many these days. Nowadays I'm somewhat disillusioned with the game and wish for simpler, better times.

I'd like to see more decent, honest men running the team. Alec Stock was the ultimate gentleman and all managers at QPR are measured against him. Few, if any, ever match up.

Anyway, that's my little contribution to this thread. I'm sure there will be many out there who can beat my 60 years at the Rangers.
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 21:35 - Aug 23 with 5454 viewsAddinall

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 20:56 - Aug 23 by pomanjou

I think I may be the oldest poster on this board at 81 .
But I have only been a qpr supporter for 19 years which must be
some form of madness!

Also 81. Can't remember what the first game was with my father in 46/47 season but have a clear memory of going with a mate to see us beat Stoke in the F A cup 4th round 3-0 on
January 21 st 1948.

Born 12/6/37.
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 21:37 - Aug 23 with 5442 viewsoldmisery

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 20:27 - Aug 23 by oldmisery

Which war, WW1 or WW2?

Not even close to watching pre-war football. My first game was a 9th birthday present from my old dad.

I saw Rangers at home to Brentford on 31st October 1959, we lost 4-2 but Brian Bedford scored both our goals and he became my first hero.

Perhaps the date on which we played should have given me some sort of clue about what was to follow (although there have obviously been some good times) but I'm afraid to say that I've seen some nightmares on Ellerslie Road over the intervening years.

I often wonder 'what if', had we not lived in the Wembley area back in those days.
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 22:07 - Aug 23 with 5380 viewsStanisgod

I'm 63. First game v Leicester 67-68 because my Spurs/Chelsea/Blackpool supporting grandad/dad and uncle all wanted to go to the first ever Rangers top flight game. I blame them. Totally. Talk about start as you mean to go on, only 3 wins all season.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 22:11 - Aug 23 with 5361 viewsBoston

I never reveal my age or gender to anyone, they're both evolving paradigms.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 22:31 - Aug 23 with 5296 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 21:35 - Aug 23 by Addinall

Also 81. Can't remember what the first game was with my father in 46/47 season but have a clear memory of going with a mate to see us beat Stoke in the F A cup 4th round 3-0 on
January 21 st 1948.

Born 12/6/37.

70 years of QPR.

That is spectacular.

What was your favourite home ground? Loftus Road I, White City, or Loftus Road II?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 22:47]
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 22:38 - Aug 23 with 5260 viewsstowmarketrange

58 next month and my first game was in September or October 1970.I only remember that because everything was in old pre-decimal money.I was the first member of my family to support the R’s as I think my dad was a Fulham fan but he never went so I had to ask my mums friend to take me to football.He was a season ticket holder in the South Africa Rd stand.I went into the paddocks for 1 shilling and 3d?
I don’t know what my first game was but I remember a midweek game against Fulham/Portsmouth and Rodney scored,
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 22:40 - Aug 23 with 5266 viewswortonranger

Ok. I’m 65.
I remember my first game we won 2-0 and we sat in the stand. I guess it would have been 1956 or 57. My dad was a lifelong fan, sadly died a year ago aged 91. My two sons are also Rangers nuts, though not my son in law ( even though his grandad was a Rangers fan).
First game I went to on my own was v Brentford in 1965. We won 1-0.
Dad used to take me to the youth team games in the early 60’s as he thought they were safer. I remember going to a game on the morning of the cup final. We beat Chelsea and I still have the programme ( a sheet of paper). Both teams were full of players who would become internationals. We won by the way and the league and reached the semi final of the youth cup.
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 22:52 - Aug 23 with 5244 viewsHantsR

I'm 70 and clocked up over 50 years of a kaleidoscope of emotions. Ageism is rife though as although I'm quite young at heart, active and sprightly, my sister has just decided that she needs a younger executor for her will!
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 23:10 - Aug 23 with 5204 viewsHooped_Pullie

A veritable youngster at 55, started supporting from afar in the early Eighties, came to live in London in 1988 and first game at LR was v West Ham, October that year. I still watch the highlights of that game on You Tube and try and pick myself out in the Paddocks...haven't managed it yet.

During my decade as an ST holder in Ellerslie (1996-2006) I sat very close to an old guy named Willie, came with his son and grandson. He was nudging 90, had been a supporter pretty much all his life with some great stories to tell. Found out a couple of years ago that he'd passed away and his son had passed away very soon after. His grandson still goes, as far as I know, or at least he had been doing up to a couple of years ago, I rarely sit in Ellerslie now.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 23:13]
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 23:26 - Aug 23 with 5174 viewsDavieQPR

First match 1953 Coronation year. Third Div South days
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 23:33 - Aug 23 with 5165 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Clive, whoever ‘wins’ this thread would be a great interviewee.
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 23:57 - Aug 23 with 5128 viewsQPRSteve

I'm 64. 9th September 1963 Shrewesbury 4-0 down with 20 minutes left, ended up 4-3. Was hooked from then on
Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 00:03 - Aug 24 with 5122 viewsdistortR

Who is the Oldest QPR Supporter Here? on 23:33 - Aug 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Clive, whoever ‘wins’ this thread would be a great interviewee.

Why?

Who wants to listen to boring old farts?

gus, 51, but feeling younger thanks to this thread!

(Look forward to hearing you reminisce)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024