Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie austin 16:22 - Jun 27 with 4445 viewstonyQPR

Sky reporting they understand (partially made up) that Sheff Utd preparing bid of £10mill for Charlie,anybody know of a possible sell on clause ?
Charlie austin on 16:26 - Jun 27 with 4397 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Now you mention it, does Luke Freeman have a sell-on clause?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Charlie austin on 16:44 - Jun 27 with 4300 viewsWatford_Ranger

Given his previous aversion to living anywhere close to the north I struggle to see this happening.

Sheff U and Wilder don’t seem the types to risk £10m on a rapidly diminishing (or expanding) forward of 30 who will be on better money than anyone in their squad.

Maybe as a loan with Southampton paying the bulk of the wages.
Charlie austin on 17:37 - Jun 27 with 4122 viewsrsonist

Charlie austin on 16:44 - Jun 27 by Watford_Ranger

Given his previous aversion to living anywhere close to the north I struggle to see this happening.

Sheff U and Wilder don’t seem the types to risk £10m on a rapidly diminishing (or expanding) forward of 30 who will be on better money than anyone in their squad.

Austin wearing a red and white outfit on social media (to go with his tragic new Aguero hair...), Billy Sharp comments to that effect. Hey presto transfer rumour.
Charlie austin on 20:29 - Jun 27 with 3765 viewsqpr1976

Charlie austin on 17:37 - Jun 27 by rsonist

Austin wearing a red and white outfit on social media (to go with his tragic new Aguero hair...), Billy Sharp comments to that effect. Hey presto transfer rumour.

Southampton colours ?
Charlie austin on 21:06 - Jun 27 with 3644 viewssmegma

Charlie austin on 20:29 - Jun 27 by qpr1976

Southampton colours ?

A team in Sheffield wear the same colours
Charlie austin on 01:03 - Jun 28 with 3358 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Charlie austin on 16:44 - Jun 27 by Watford_Ranger

Great post Watford Ranger its a pity his career stalled after leaving QPR.He chose the wrong team IMO and the lack of playing time really hurt his chances of becoming a star striker in the PL.Once the injuries started it was all downhill but maybe a fresh start will do him good .A fascinating journey though
Charlie austin on 02:09 - Jun 28 with 3318 viewstimcocking

Charlie austin on 16:26 - Jun 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Now you mention it, does Luke Freeman have a sell-on clause?

I don't think Luke will generate enough for it to matter. He's great at our level, but will he dominate games in the Premier league? Doubtful against superior athletes and defenders.
Charlie austin on 07:14 - Jun 28 with 3195 viewsdistortR

Charlie austin on 01:03 - Jun 28 by CLAREMAN1995

Great post Watford Ranger its a pity his career stalled after leaving QPR.He chose the wrong team IMO and the lack of playing time really hurt his chances of becoming a star striker in the PL.Once the injuries started it was all downhill but maybe a fresh start will do him good .A fascinating journey though

I put it down to injuries more then anything else,tbh.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie austin on 07:28 - Jun 28 with 3171 viewsdavman

Not sure it has much to do with the team; just like Hull thought, it looks like he may have been knackered all along. It may actually be that we got lucky in that we had his best years and looking back, £4m for someone who has hardly played for Saints due to injury and only had 6 months left on the contract was not bad business...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Charlie austin on 07:59 - Jun 28 with 3124 viewsTheChef

The irony of course that he got closer to getting in the England team as a QPR player, than he has since leaving us!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Charlie austin on 08:00 - Jun 28 with 3119 viewsmcqpr10

I think once he got his big move to Southampton, the nightlife and his horse racing company became priority and that hunger to get goals and get to the top maybe died somewhat. Great finisher but little pace and wasn't actually great at holding up the ball.
Charlie austin on 09:11 - Jun 28 with 3015 viewsWestbourneR

Charlie austin on 08:00 - Jun 28 by mcqpr10

I think once he got his big move to Southampton, the nightlife and his horse racing company became priority and that hunger to get goals and get to the top maybe died somewhat. Great finisher but little pace and wasn't actually great at holding up the ball.

Complete rubbish. Proper player. Best we’ve had umm front since Les.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Charlie austin on 09:21 - Jun 28 with 2998 viewsloftboy

Charlie austin on 09:11 - Jun 28 by WestbourneR

Yep absolutely, got us out of trouble on numerous occasions, I think the groan that was heard throughput the ground when he got injured against Bolton summed up how important he was for us.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Charlie austin on 09:24 - Jun 28 with 2979 viewsBuckR

Charlie austin on 09:21 - Jun 28 by loftboy

Yep absolutely, got us out of trouble on numerous occasions, I think the groan that was heard throughput the ground when he got injured against Bolton summed up how important he was for us.

I dont swing that way but Charlie seriously had me on the turn when he played for us. Absolutely love the geezer
Charlie austin on 09:36 - Jun 28 with 2937 viewsfrancisbowles

Don't know about your first sentence but your second is one I have always believed.

Difficult to criticise a player who did so well in terms of goals, workrate (most of the time) and defending set pieces but pace completely lacking and struggled to play the lone striker role to the point where sometimes he became frustrated and the effort dropped. Always looked better when he had Zamora with him.
Charlie austin on 10:33 - Jun 28 with 2823 viewsBuckR

Charlie austin on 09:36 - Jun 28 by francisbowles

Don't know about your first sentence but your second is one I have always believed.

Difficult to criticise a player who did so well in terms of goals, workrate (most of the time) and defending set pieces but pace completely lacking and struggled to play the lone striker role to the point where sometimes he became frustrated and the effort dropped. Always looked better when he had Zamora with him.

Apart from the fact he played the whole promotion season as a lone striker and was player of the year despite missing two months
Charlie austin on 10:39 - Jun 28 with 2808 viewsmcqpr10

Charlie austin on 09:11 - Jun 28 by WestbourneR

Listen, i loved the guy but feel he was one of them that was brilliant in the championship but maybe not good enough in the top flight. Speak to Saints fans, they don't rate him at all and his goal scoring record there ain't been brilliant.
Charlie austin on 10:56 - Jun 28 with 2729 viewsTheChef

Charlie austin on 10:39 - Jun 28 by mcqpr10

Listen, i loved the guy but feel he was one of them that was brilliant in the championship but maybe not good enough in the top flight. Speak to Saints fans, they don't rate him at all and his goal scoring record there ain't been brilliant.

Season 14/15 he scored 18 Premier League goals in 35 games in a relegation team. I think that he suggests he cuts in the top flight.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/charlie-austin/leistungsdaten/spieler/129627/plus/

Unfortunately since his move he's been blighted by injuries and managers not giving him a go.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Charlie austin on 10:57 - Jun 28 with 2726 viewsfrancisbowles

Charlie austin on 10:33 - Jun 28 by BuckR

Apart from the fact he played the whole promotion season as a lone striker and was player of the year despite missing two months

Not sure about that:

We also had, for better or worse, Andy Johnson, Will Keane, Kevin Doyle, Modibo Maiga, Tom Hitchcock and of course Bobby. 35 starts and 10 goals between them. So it would seem that we played two forwards in quite a few games.
Charlie austin on 11:02 - Jun 28 with 2708 viewsLazyFan

I would be surprised if he signs as I suspect he has two years left of his £50K a week deal. He loves it there, but he's not getting games.

They will probably get him on a loan and just pay his wages. This way he gets to play and then go back when Sheff Utd are relegated. IF gets quite a few goals then possibly a move in the last year of his contract to another promoted team but on a longer deal.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Charlie austin on 11:09 - Jun 28 with 2692 viewsloftboy

Charlie austin on 10:39 - Jun 28 by mcqpr10

Fûck me, he was one of the PL top scorers in 2014/15 whilst playing for one of the worst sides.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Charlie austin on 11:18 - Jun 28 with 2666 viewsJJB

Yeah true, he was right shit for us wasn't he?

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Charlie austin on 13:16 - Jun 28 with 2508 viewsNoDiddley

In an era where I could get £8 million for my mother in law, that was the worst bit of business Rangers ever done👎
Charlie austin on 13:26 - Jun 28 with 2475 viewsSuperhoop83

Charlie austin on 11:09 - Jun 28 by loftboy

Fûck me, he was one of the PL top scorers in 2014/15 whilst playing for one of the worst sides.

Sorry Loftboy, I just down ticked you by accident as I went to reply to your post.

I was going to say that Charlie was superb for us, but that we were THE worst side in 2014/15. What a wasted opportunity. Again.

Suffering since 1978.

Charlie austin on 14:15 - Jun 28 with 2385 viewsWestbourneR

Charlie austin on 10:33 - Jun 28 by BuckR

This.

Honestly he’s a great footballer and had excellent link play.

And the rubbish about not good enough by Prem is just demonstrably untrue.

Sometimes I do wonder what game people are watching.

Can I add that halfway through last season I had to argue with a bunch of people who said Nahki Wells is better than Austin and they’d rather have him!! Ridiculous
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 14:18]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024