Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The positivity is oozing. 08:49 - Aug 1 with 7992 viewsSnipper

Two weeks ago, I thought we were in for a tough season. We still could be really if things go wrong.

But with the additions of Marc Pugh, who’s a very good player at this level, and Todd Kane, I think we have done some great business this summer. MW has said he’s hoping for one more signing, the lad McKenna from Aberdeen is rumoured.

We all hope that they can hit the ground running, but it’s practically a new team, so I’m not expecting a blistering start. But in my opinion, MW has laid the foundations of a good team for this season. Patience will be key from the start from the fans.

I’m also feeling positive after reading Clive’s brilliant season guide for every team in the division. I honestly don’t fear any team in this league.

So, fwiw, I’m feeling bloody positive about the season. Bring it on.
The positivity is oozing. on 16:17 - Aug 1 with 2669 viewsNorthernr

Defence is way too leaky, attack is nowhere near potent enough, and we're relying on at least one of the kids becoming a good Championship player - maybe Bright.

But then I never was very cheery.
The positivity is oozing. on 16:26 - Aug 1 with 2629 viewsdaveB

The positivity is oozing. on 16:17 - Aug 1 by Northernr

Defence is way too leaky, attack is nowhere near potent enough, and we're relying on at least one of the kids becoming a good Championship player - maybe Bright.

But then I never was very cheery.

We got promoted once starting a season with Damian Stewart at the back and only Ageymang and Helguson as forwards then won the league, that's the straw I'm grasping to although I'm only really expecting 15th
The positivity is oozing. on 16:27 - Aug 1 with 2627 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The most exciting bit for me is the emergence of Chair.

Him and Eze will make any match less dull if we can squeeze them both in.
The positivity is oozing. on 16:35 - Aug 1 with 2607 viewsHarbour

Well let’s hope us fans have a bit of patience especially with the kids...chair and Eze need encouragement and support....last season too much criticism of Eze ...let’s hope kids do well
The positivity is oozing. on 16:48 - Aug 1 with 2560 viewssimmo

The positivity is oozing. on 16:27 - Aug 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

The most exciting bit for me is the emergence of Chair.

Him and Eze will make any match less dull if we can squeeze them both in.

Exactly this, even in a dull game that we lose, one or both of these guys can do something that gets you off your seat. Knowing that with every game they get a little better / little more valuable for us will be a silver lining regardless.

Between Eze, Chair, and Bright, it's great to have exciting players coming through that do all the things you like to see most at the football. If any of them add a consistent end product to their games, it'll be great to watch and money in the bank for the future.

Harbours point also a good one. We're not ever going to have Eze's potential realised if we allow too much of this 'he's shit, he's lazy' bóllocks to permeate. Support him unequivocally and see where it takes him/us.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 16:50]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The positivity is oozing. on 17:42 - Aug 1 with 2496 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The positivity is oozing. on 16:48 - Aug 1 by simmo

Exactly this, even in a dull game that we lose, one or both of these guys can do something that gets you off your seat. Knowing that with every game they get a little better / little more valuable for us will be a silver lining regardless.

Between Eze, Chair, and Bright, it's great to have exciting players coming through that do all the things you like to see most at the football. If any of them add a consistent end product to their games, it'll be great to watch and money in the bank for the future.

Harbours point also a good one. We're not ever going to have Eze's potential realised if we allow too much of this 'he's shit, he's lazy' bóllocks to permeate. Support him unequivocally and see where it takes him/us.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 16:50]

Those three behind any striker look decent, especially if backed up by two holding midfielders.

I have zero faith that a vocal minority will refrain from giving a good slagging. I’m certain that this will be limited to a Twitter and Loft for Words though.

[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 17:51]
The positivity is oozing. on 18:38 - Aug 1 with 2433 viewsDavieQPR

I wouldn't be surprised to see us top six or bottom six. A lot depends on our GKs realising when to go short and when to go long. Also Eze to realise not every shot or pass has to be with the outside of his boot. Also for Samuel to find an end product a bit more often.
The positivity is oozing. on 17:56 - Aug 3 with 2211 viewsSnipper

Well I haven’t jinxed them as yet.

Great win today. 👍👍
Login to get fewer ads

The positivity is oozing. on 18:04 - Aug 3 with 2172 viewsBoston

The positivity is oozing. on 17:56 - Aug 3 by Snipper

Well I haven’t jinxed them as yet.

Great win today. 👍👍

Your time will come.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 18:10]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The positivity is oozing. on 23:37 - Aug 3 with 1938 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The positivity is oozing. on 12:42 - Aug 1 by ingeminate

Bang on, at the time the overwhelming response to most of these signings was positive.

Nonsense. From what I remember most fans I talked to were extremely sceptical about ditching the team that got us promoted for a group of prima-donnas on high wages. You may have felt that way at the time but please don't confuse that with the general mood.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 23:38]
The positivity is oozing. on 17:44 - Aug 4 with 1720 viewsCiderwithRsie

Well, it's tempted me out from behind the sofa about three months earlier than expected.
The positivity is oozing. on 01:39 - Aug 5 with 1565 viewstimcocking

Quite how football and in particular QPR, can consistently flip my positive/negative barometers upside down so easily is beyond me. Always tell myself not to get carried away, but it genuinely seems we can go from the world's poorest, most hapless team in history, to potential Champions in a single game. Every season. Or, of course, it might happen the other way around.

Still, even if it only lasts a week, that was thoroughly enjoyable and at least it might have helped Mark Warburton buy some time. A spanking could have been...nasty.
The positivity is oozing. on 05:43 - Aug 5 with 1525 viewsnix

The positivity is oozing. on 01:39 - Aug 5 by timcocking

Quite how football and in particular QPR, can consistently flip my positive/negative barometers upside down so easily is beyond me. Always tell myself not to get carried away, but it genuinely seems we can go from the world's poorest, most hapless team in history, to potential Champions in a single game. Every season. Or, of course, it might happen the other way around.

Still, even if it only lasts a week, that was thoroughly enjoyable and at least it might have helped Mark Warburton buy some time. A spanking could have been...nasty.

MW buy some time? Seriously? We've only played one match. Away at Stoke. Even if we'd lost that, it would have been like every away match in the first day of the season we'd lost for decades.

Is it really just me that starts every season, bar McLaren's, with a bit of optimism?

OK I know the trope is it's the hope that kills you, yada yada. But if you don't ever enjoy anything for fear it might go tits up, what's the point.

Anyway fill your boots with your pessimism but I for one am enjoying things at the moment. We've got some positive signs. I like our manager for a start. He's clear and easy to understand. Players will know what's expected of them. I also think he'll do some proper homework and I doubt we'll have ridiculous matches where we beat ourselves, like last season's jokes against Rotherham and Bolton at home, because we were so negative we were set up practically in the stands behind our goal.

So we seem to actually want to win matches, rather than just not lose them. I couldn't stand that last season, especially at home. We have a bit of a blend of youth and experience, with players that have come from our youth set up that we're actually excited about. Blimey!

I know there's some doubt about our ability to score goals. But really is it worse than last season, with our marquee loan signings, that somehow couldn't score goals either, or even blooming penalties ffs?

Defensive-wise, it might be a bit risky to rely on the injury-prone Hall, but I'm so ecstatic to have got rid of the can't be arsed-ery that was Joel Lynch that I'm ok about that atm.

I hated last season's set up of moving the ball so ponderously. Maybe it was our extreme lack of pace but it was dire to watch and easy to defend against. The evidence so far from pre-season and
our first match is that we're trying to move it faster with first time passing and much better movement off the ball.

One of the key things in terms of enjoyment for me is that we seem to be getting rid of those types that seem to think they're too good to play for us, or even that we should be grateful that theyve even turned up. I'd put Hemed and Lynch in that category.

I'm also a bit more realistic than some others in that I'm not expecting an immediate return to the Premier. I'd much rather take time to build than bankrupt ourselves. So yeah, mid-table finish with a few good wins, starting matches on the front foot, keeping within our budget, bringing on some new players. All fine by me.

f I fall flat on my face with this post a few weeks down the line, I'll still prefer to enjoy the optimism while it lasts.
The positivity is oozing. on 06:53 - Aug 5 with 1494 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The positivity is oozing. on 05:43 - Aug 5 by nix

MW buy some time? Seriously? We've only played one match. Away at Stoke. Even if we'd lost that, it would have been like every away match in the first day of the season we'd lost for decades.

Is it really just me that starts every season, bar McLaren's, with a bit of optimism?

OK I know the trope is it's the hope that kills you, yada yada. But if you don't ever enjoy anything for fear it might go tits up, what's the point.

Anyway fill your boots with your pessimism but I for one am enjoying things at the moment. We've got some positive signs. I like our manager for a start. He's clear and easy to understand. Players will know what's expected of them. I also think he'll do some proper homework and I doubt we'll have ridiculous matches where we beat ourselves, like last season's jokes against Rotherham and Bolton at home, because we were so negative we were set up practically in the stands behind our goal.

So we seem to actually want to win matches, rather than just not lose them. I couldn't stand that last season, especially at home. We have a bit of a blend of youth and experience, with players that have come from our youth set up that we're actually excited about. Blimey!

I know there's some doubt about our ability to score goals. But really is it worse than last season, with our marquee loan signings, that somehow couldn't score goals either, or even blooming penalties ffs?

Defensive-wise, it might be a bit risky to rely on the injury-prone Hall, but I'm so ecstatic to have got rid of the can't be arsed-ery that was Joel Lynch that I'm ok about that atm.

I hated last season's set up of moving the ball so ponderously. Maybe it was our extreme lack of pace but it was dire to watch and easy to defend against. The evidence so far from pre-season and
our first match is that we're trying to move it faster with first time passing and much better movement off the ball.

One of the key things in terms of enjoyment for me is that we seem to be getting rid of those types that seem to think they're too good to play for us, or even that we should be grateful that theyve even turned up. I'd put Hemed and Lynch in that category.

I'm also a bit more realistic than some others in that I'm not expecting an immediate return to the Premier. I'd much rather take time to build than bankrupt ourselves. So yeah, mid-table finish with a few good wins, starting matches on the front foot, keeping within our budget, bringing on some new players. All fine by me.

f I fall flat on my face with this post a few weeks down the line, I'll still prefer to enjoy the optimism while it lasts.

Good advice.

Treat every QPR win like a last meal on death row 😆
The positivity is oozing. on 09:33 - Aug 5 with 1389 viewsnix

The positivity is oozing. on 06:53 - Aug 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Good advice.

Treat every QPR win like a last meal on death row 😆

Exactly Bazz. I'm easily pleased obvs!
The positivity is oozing. on 12:07 - Aug 5 with 1267 viewsDorse

Last season, by the end of August, I was about as pissed off with QPR as I can remember. I honestly thought that we'd be starting this season in League 1 with no hope of ever seeing the Championship again.

I know it's only one game and we haven't even made it out of August yet, but I don't get that feeling this season. In fact, I am actually very positive about the way this squad is looking.

Firstly, Warburton & Co went after the defence. Looking to provide a foundation on which to build the team and finding players that fit the planned style of play. Converting Manning into a Left Back was a well-founded idea and cost us nothing.

Then, he looked to the midfield, found that the wide players actually had what we needed (pace and graft) and filled the central roles with players that were able to execute the plan.

Before finally going after the striker(s) that would be able to bring players like BOS, Shodipo, Chair and Eze into the game.

I know Hughes was supposed to be meticulous but this makes him look like the dumb-arse he actually is. How often have we sat through a summer of rack-em-stack-em signings with no clear idea of how they're going to be used whilst simulatneously paying the blokes they're brought in to replace because no-one else wants them?

Whisper it quietly but has the club turned some sort of corner here?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The positivity is oozing. on 13:07 - Aug 5 with 1201 viewsDejR_vu

The positivity is oozing. on 05:43 - Aug 5 by nix

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The positivity is oozing. on 13:20 - Aug 5 with 1166 viewsloneranger1

The positivity is oozing. on 13:07 - Aug 5 by DejR_vu

My feelings exactly!
The positivity is oozing. on 13:39 - Aug 5 with 1125 viewsHooparoo

The positivity is oozing. on 12:07 - Aug 5 by Dorse

Last season, by the end of August, I was about as pissed off with QPR as I can remember. I honestly thought that we'd be starting this season in League 1 with no hope of ever seeing the Championship again.

I know it's only one game and we haven't even made it out of August yet, but I don't get that feeling this season. In fact, I am actually very positive about the way this squad is looking.

Firstly, Warburton & Co went after the defence. Looking to provide a foundation on which to build the team and finding players that fit the planned style of play. Converting Manning into a Left Back was a well-founded idea and cost us nothing.

Then, he looked to the midfield, found that the wide players actually had what we needed (pace and graft) and filled the central roles with players that were able to execute the plan.

Before finally going after the striker(s) that would be able to bring players like BOS, Shodipo, Chair and Eze into the game.

I know Hughes was supposed to be meticulous but this makes him look like the dumb-arse he actually is. How often have we sat through a summer of rack-em-stack-em signings with no clear idea of how they're going to be used whilst simulatneously paying the blokes they're brought in to replace because no-one else wants them?

Whisper it quietly but has the club turned some sort of corner here?

Totally agree. It feels like we know what we’re doing at last.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

The positivity is oozing. on 17:19 - Aug 5 with 1022 viewsfrancisbowles

The positivity is oozing. on 13:39 - Aug 5 by Hooparoo

Totally agree. It feels like we know what we’re doing at last.

Still a few issues to sort out, new defender, Luongo and Goss, Leistner staying or going depends on new defender, I guess.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024