Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are we so polite? 20:11 - Feb 1 with 3637 viewsdachiltern

Time after time our players are fouled, BOS today literally had his shirt ripped off him 1st half yet nothing given and we just shrug our shoulders and the game continues. Other clubs, Leeds are a prime example, will get in the refs face, screaming, shouting abuse ranting & raving. Our lads, shrug shoulders have a sulk and then just get on.
Have a bleeding moan, rant and rave, ffs enough of the fans do but not our ever so polite team.
Un fookin believable!
Why are we so polite? on 20:12 - Feb 1 with 3108 viewsStanisgod

Just another sh@t ref, end of.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Why are we so polite? on 20:14 - Feb 1 with 3089 viewsnix

I agree but we've always been like that: different managers, different players. Still blooming polite.

They don't have to get in the refs' faces but just drop in the odd word. We only complain when someone nearly takes a player's head off or chops off their leg.
Why are we so polite? on 20:37 - Feb 1 with 2991 viewsOldPedro

And yet when Cameron complained about the red card challenge on him in the Leeds game, he also got booked!!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Why are we so polite? on 20:53 - Feb 1 with 2929 viewsnix

Why are we so polite? on 20:37 - Feb 1 by OldPedro

And yet when Cameron complained about the red card challenge on him in the Leeds game, he also got booked!!

Yeah, that was outrageous.
Why are we so polite? on 21:13 - Feb 1 with 2847 viewsGroveR

Why are we so polite? on 20:14 - Feb 1 by nix

I agree but we've always been like that: different managers, different players. Still blooming polite.

They don't have to get in the refs' faces but just drop in the odd word. We only complain when someone nearly takes a player's head off or chops off their leg.

Doubt the Chinese Olympic team would agree there, we went forward in good order and rolled them up.
Why are we so polite? on 21:19 - Feb 1 with 2829 viewspaulparker

We haven’t been nasty since the warnock team we are way to soft

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Why are we so polite? on 02:00 - Feb 2 with 2548 viewskarl

They've all been on the dachiltern and PinnerPaul Respect course!
Time to get in there boys and tell them not to believe everything they read on LFW about being nice to the refs
Why are we so polite? on 02:25 - Feb 2 with 2535 viewsHooparoo

Why are we so polite? on 21:13 - Feb 1 by GroveR

Doubt the Chinese Olympic team would agree there, we went forward in good order and rolled them up.

😃

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

Why are we so polite? on 12:52 - Feb 2 with 2330 viewsNorthernr

Obviously can't say who it was or what game but have heard third hand through a Championship referee that we're easily the nicest and quietest team in the league and that in one particular game this season there was a 50/50 penalty decision that could have gone our way and a whole load of goalkeeper time wasting that he might have been inclined to get involved with but QPR said nothing to him about either so he just let it go. Doesn't reflect well on him of course but is a problem for us.
Why are we so polite? on 13:19 - Feb 2 with 2290 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why are we so polite? on 12:52 - Feb 2 by Northernr

Obviously can't say who it was or what game but have heard third hand through a Championship referee that we're easily the nicest and quietest team in the league and that in one particular game this season there was a 50/50 penalty decision that could have gone our way and a whole load of goalkeeper time wasting that he might have been inclined to get involved with but QPR said nothing to him about either so he just let it go. Doesn't reflect well on him of course but is a problem for us.

Only we could sign Geoff Cameron, Toni Leistner, and Jordan Hugill and still have this problem.
Why are we so polite? on 13:19 - Feb 2 with 2289 viewsnix

Why are we so polite? on 12:52 - Feb 2 by Northernr

Has anyone ever fed that back at one of the meet the management fora? I really think it's a big problem. I also think the crowd are too polite too, certainly at home. We might get on the players' backs at times but rarely the refs' . And yet sometimes when we have shouted out when the ref was clearly in two minds, it's made the difference.
Why are we so polite? on 13:29 - Feb 2 with 2271 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why are we so polite? on 13:19 - Feb 2 by nix

Has anyone ever fed that back at one of the meet the management fora? I really think it's a big problem. I also think the crowd are too polite too, certainly at home. We might get on the players' backs at times but rarely the refs' . And yet sometimes when we have shouted out when the ref was clearly in two minds, it's made the difference.

It would be a bit of a waste of time getting this issue heard when more important ones like water pressure in the loos and Jamie Mackie's Twitter profile need to be discussed.
Why are we so polite? on 13:51 - Feb 2 with 2239 viewsTacticalR

Can't we discover at the interview stage who is polite? Any player who is found to be polite could then be shown the door.

Air hostess clique

Why are we so polite? on 13:54 - Feb 2 with 2227 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why are we so polite? on 13:51 - Feb 2 by TacticalR

Can't we discover at the interview stage who is polite? Any player who is found to be polite could then be shown the door.

Les Ferdinand: Hello, thank you for coming to this interview. Would you like a glass of water?

Lionel Messi: Yes please.

Les Ferdinand: Get out.
Why are we so polite? on 15:56 - Feb 2 with 2135 viewsjohncharles

We won promotion with Warnock, Derry and Paddy Kenny. Who needs "polite"

Strong and stable my arse.

Why are we so polite? on 16:10 - Feb 2 with 2110 viewsstevec

Why are we so polite? on 13:19 - Feb 2 by nix

Very true about the fans too. League One days I’ve seen refs and players frightened to come down to the corner of home end and SAR stand to retrieve the ball.

That was nearly 20 years ago but the fan base seemed to become a lot more polite after the first year in the Premier, been like that ever since.

Not sure whether it’s largely down to an air of resignation that’s been building for some years around the place and has permeated through to the players.
Why are we so polite? on 16:15 - Feb 2 with 2104 viewsnix

Why are we so polite? on 16:10 - Feb 2 by stevec

Very true about the fans too. League One days I’ve seen refs and players frightened to come down to the corner of home end and SAR stand to retrieve the ball.

That was nearly 20 years ago but the fan base seemed to become a lot more polite after the first year in the Premier, been like that ever since.

Not sure whether it’s largely down to an air of resignation that’s been building for some years around the place and has permeated through to the players.

I'm not resigned at all. But I do get funny looks when I shout anything at the ref (usually when at exasperation point like yesterday). I don't shout insults, just little reminders that he might have made a mistake 😇
Why are we so polite? on 16:37 - Feb 2 with 2076 viewsPinnerPaul

Don't think he got much wrong yesterday tbf. AR both sides got one corner/gk and one throw in wrong.

Ref was pretty consistent - allowed Wallace and their full back to get away with three fouls - others may have carded both.

As Clive has said referees DO react to player appeals - there IS a difference to when players just appeal and when you know you have got something wrong though.

Ironically yesterday biggest crowd/player reaction yesterday was to the uncontested drop ball for City where the ref was perfectly correct as per new law this season that no players at any level seem to understand!
Why are we so polite? on 17:03 - Feb 2 with 2061 viewsnix

Why are we so polite? on 16:37 - Feb 2 by PinnerPaul

Don't think he got much wrong yesterday tbf. AR both sides got one corner/gk and one throw in wrong.

Ref was pretty consistent - allowed Wallace and their full back to get away with three fouls - others may have carded both.

As Clive has said referees DO react to player appeals - there IS a difference to when players just appeal and when you know you have got something wrong though.

Ironically yesterday biggest crowd/player reaction yesterday was to the uncontested drop ball for City where the ref was perfectly correct as per new law this season that no players at any level seem to understand!

It wasn't the decision about the drop ball that annoyed me, it was the time it took for him to sort it out. Which followed on from the big drama about booking their manager. He took forever about so many decisions in the second half, and didn't even urge them to get a move on when they were blatantly time wasting. I know all teams do it, including us, but we get booked for it or at least urged to get a move on.

I disagree that refs aren't influenced. Players know they are otherwise they wouldn't be in their ear as much. People like Gary Neville admit that they used to use every trick in the book to gain an advantage.
Why are we so polite? on 17:05 - Feb 2 with 2056 viewsPinnerPaul

Why are we so polite? on 17:03 - Feb 2 by nix

It wasn't the decision about the drop ball that annoyed me, it was the time it took for him to sort it out. Which followed on from the big drama about booking their manager. He took forever about so many decisions in the second half, and didn't even urge them to get a move on when they were blatantly time wasting. I know all teams do it, including us, but we get booked for it or at least urged to get a move on.

I disagree that refs aren't influenced. Players know they are otherwise they wouldn't be in their ear as much. People like Gary Neville admit that they used to use every trick in the book to gain an advantage.

I said 'Referees DO react to player appeals' so nothing to disagree with me there!
Why are we so polite? on 17:20 - Feb 2 with 2036 viewsPunteR

Why are we so polite? on 13:51 - Feb 2 by TacticalR

"You first".. "No... you first"
They would never get out of the door.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Why are we so polite? on 17:21 - Feb 2 with 2033 viewsnix

Why are we so polite? on 17:05 - Feb 2 by PinnerPaul

I said 'Referees DO react to player appeals' so nothing to disagree with me there!

Do you mean you can tell they're just trying it on by the way they appeal before you've made a decision? Or that you realise you got a decision wrong after the fact by their reaction?
Why are we so polite? on 17:26 - Feb 2 with 2022 viewsPinnerPaul

Why are we so polite? on 17:21 - Feb 2 by nix

Do you mean you can tell they're just trying it on by the way they appeal before you've made a decision? Or that you realise you got a decision wrong after the fact by their reaction?

'You know if you've got a decision wrong' obviously means you've made the decision!

Not sure there are that much differences to appeals - watch any game at the top level and all defenders moan when ANY free kick is given against them.

In the PL yesterday, there was a red card, players team mates rushed to the ref trying to stop him getting out 2nd yellow, once he did they just walked away - that's what I mean - if he was wrong they would have stayed there and protested.
Why are we so polite? on 17:32 - Feb 2 with 2010 viewsWatford_Ranger

Why are we so polite? on 16:37 - Feb 2 by PinnerPaul

What was your take on the incident where the linesman flagged for a free kick in a fairly dangerous position out wide but he played advantage instead with the ball on the halfway line?

Five minutes of injury time after five or six subs, the drop ball farce, the booking their coach farce and countless stoppages for phantom injuries was my main gripe.
Why are we so polite? on 17:35 - Feb 2 with 2005 viewsnix

Why are we so polite? on 17:26 - Feb 2 by PinnerPaul

'You know if you've got a decision wrong' obviously means you've made the decision!

Not sure there are that much differences to appeals - watch any game at the top level and all defenders moan when ANY free kick is given against them.

In the PL yesterday, there was a red card, players team mates rushed to the ref trying to stop him getting out 2nd yellow, once he did they just walked away - that's what I mean - if he was wrong they would have stayed there and protested.

I don't care about them whinging to the ref about decisions already made that won't be changed. Fill their boots with that, which is why I checked that with you, apart from the fact it wastes time, which pisses me off with those refs that have a long debate about everything when we're behind, But there are decisions, like bookings and penalties, for example, that the referee can be influenced by before the decision is finalised and I think often are. If we're not trying to influence them, then we should be, because other teams do it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024