Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why 20:09 - Mar 20 with 6400 viewscharmr

True, Spandau ballet

Absolute contemptible shyte :)

Bohemian Rhapsody, at school every one loved it, 10 weeks at no 1. Couldn’t get away from it. Painful.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 20:11]
Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 20:25 - Mar 20 with 3888 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Anything by the anti music pioneers that go by the name of c*ldplay
Up there on par with the shithouses From SW6 for me
Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 20:27 - Mar 20 with 3887 viewsEsox_Lucius

The Living Years by Mike & The Mechanics... too many sad memories.

The grass is always greener.

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 20:28 - Mar 20 with 3883 viewsqprxtc

Anything after 1983. ‘Cause it’s all f ucking shite.
Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 20:39 - Mar 20 with 3867 viewsRog

Anything by Alannis Morrisette, Florence and the Machine or Elbow will result in an immediate station change.
Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 20:46 - Mar 20 with 3854 viewsAcidPixie

Anything by Queen, music for those who don't like music

Oh and they played Sun City wrong uns

But especially bohemian rhapsody...oh do fck off

.........I quite like Radio Gaga though............doh
Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 21:09 - Mar 20 with 3834 viewsjohncharles

Another vote for Bohemia Rhapsodomy. Pretentious old tosh.

Strong and stable my arse.

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 21:30 - Mar 20 with 3814 viewsderbyhoop

A few years back I was sent a 30 day song challenge.
Day 1 was the song you like the most
Day 2 was the song you HATE the most

At the time, my day 2 choice was "Its Raining Men" by The Weather Girls. Because drunken women do not need to prove they can neither dance nor sing.

I'm now thinking Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond. For exactly the same reasons.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 21:33 - Mar 20 with 3810 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Red Red Wine by UB40.
Signing Off is still one of my you 10 albums but they went from brilliant to sellout with that track. Awful.
Login to get fewer ads

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 21:36 - Mar 20 with 3805 viewsqprxtc

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 21:33 - Mar 20 by CroydonCaptJack

Red Red Wine by UB40.
Signing Off is still one of my you 10 albums but they went from brilliant to sellout with that track. Awful.

Yeah UB40. Really really great early stuff and then just bloody gave up.
Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 21:58 - Mar 20 with 3777 viewsAcidPixie

I always turn off Skrewdriver since 1982 as the lead singer wasn't who he said he was and I was most upset.

Despicable duplicitous behavior.

****** (TBA)
Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 22:14 - Mar 20 with 3762 viewsMrSheen

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 21:30 - Mar 20 by derbyhoop

A few years back I was sent a 30 day song challenge.
Day 1 was the song you like the most
Day 2 was the song you HATE the most

At the time, my day 2 choice was "Its Raining Men" by The Weather Girls. Because drunken women do not need to prove they can neither dance nor sing.

I'm now thinking Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond. For exactly the same reasons.

Sweet Caroline, why? Reasonable song, hammered flat by repetition. Also, the whole ABBA back catalogue, tipped over the edge from 2000 for some reason.

Anything by Michael Jackson. Enough already.
Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 14:16 - Mar 21 with 3613 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I’m glad I’m not alone on Bo Rap.

Also, UB40. That’s because for a band to burst on the scene with ‘Earth Die Screaming’ and ‘One in Ten’ and then become a crap karaoke band was criminal! I also get the Tom-tits when Dire Straits come on.

Two songs that similarly make me want to projectile pooh: one was a few years back by I don’t know who, but it was something like; ‘Let’s Marvin Gaye Get it On’! The title alone was cringeworthy but the song could only be written a total c..t! The other was out while I lived in Manila - the capital of a country whose music is caught in the 80s - John Legend’s ‘All of Me’. Utter pap on such a monumental scale, that he needs a kicking. The song was absolutely everywhere, and Filipinos - who sing all day - went to town on it.

Rant over, feels good to get that off my chest!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 14:20 - Mar 21 with 3601 viewsstowmarketrange

Anything by the pet shop boys or spa day ballet has me reaching for the off button.
Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 14:22 - Mar 21 with 3597 viewswood_hoop

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 21:09 - Mar 20 by johncharles

Another vote for Bohemia Rhapsodomy. Pretentious old tosh.

Glad I am not the only one, utter utter poo.

I know others think its great but I just cannot understand why
Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 14:37 - Mar 21 with 3578 viewskensalriser

Just to pile on, not only Bohemian Rhapsody, but anything by Queen save Under Pressure, which ranks as just tolerable.

Also mostly anything by The Beatles and particularly the teenybopper period. Partly this is because they were the first band I really listened to so I regard it as kids music, but also because She Loves You etc are excruciating piles of shite.

Most Christmas songs. Fck off already.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 16:29 - Mar 21 with 3537 viewsEastR

I always give the Verve a swerve

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 16:53 - Mar 21 with 3519 viewsStanisgod

Anything by Elbow, if I want to commit suicide I'll do it in silence thanks.
Whitney Houston murdering I Will always love you, stop screaming it. ( I know).

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why (n/t) on 17:10 - Mar 21 with 3498 viewsRebalhoop

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why (n/t) on 17:11 - Mar 21 with 3494 viewsRebalhoop

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why (n/t) on 17:10 - Mar 21 by Rebalhoop

Anything Mariah Carey.....
Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 18:59 - Mar 21 with 3434 viewssmegma

Bat Out Of Hell by Fatphuckloaf.

In 1981 I started drinking regularly in the Albion pub on Hammersmith Rd by North End Road/Olympia. The upstairs bar had a free jukebox. Me and my mates loved it and would put on a variety of songs by the Cure, Banshees , Specials, BuzZcocks, Squeeze etc......unfortunately another group of people would put on Bat Out Of Hell. It was the only song they chose and would put it on about 25 times every Friday and Saturday night. It's a schit song already without ramming it down everyone's phucking throats you khuuunts.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 19:00]
Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 19:08 - Mar 21 with 3409 viewsBoston

Pink Floyd Leave walls to bricklayers.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 19:09]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 19:49 - Mar 21 with 3379 viewsMonahoop

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 18:59 - Mar 21 by smegma

Bat Out Of Hell by Fatphuckloaf.

In 1981 I started drinking regularly in the Albion pub on Hammersmith Rd by North End Road/Olympia. The upstairs bar had a free jukebox. Me and my mates loved it and would put on a variety of songs by the Cure, Banshees , Specials, BuzZcocks, Squeeze etc......unfortunately another group of people would put on Bat Out Of Hell. It was the only song they chose and would put it on about 25 times every Friday and Saturday night. It's a schit song already without ramming it down everyone's phucking throats you khuuunts.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 19:00]

With you all the way with Bat Out Of Hell. Truly friggin' awful.
I always reach for the radio off button when so called overrated, over played, over popular so called anthemic rock songs like Stairway to Heaven, Freebird, or Born in the USA rear their ugly heads or should that be ugly sounds on the airwaves.
Also anything and I mean anything by ELO.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 19:56 - Mar 21 with 3370 viewsloftboy

Anything sung by Ed Sheran

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 20:00 - Mar 21 with 3364 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Probably a bit controversial so apologies in advance but Oasis. Always thought they were sh1te from the first time I saw them on the chart show one Saturday morning. Mate tried to convince me by dragging me into a tent at Glastonbury one year (1994 I think?) and they were awful.
Songs you turn off when it comes on the radio and why on 20:04 - Mar 21 with 3349 viewsMonahoop

….Oh and anything by Simply Red. Utter poo.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024