Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC News 09:36 - May 15 with 2726 viewsCFW

I watched the 10 o'clock BBC News last night and towards the end there was a story about two young people who have terminal cancer, one male and the other female. The male - Shaun - was obviously a QPR fan sitting there proudly in his QPR top talking about how COVID-19 had interrupted his treatment and how that will impact on his life expectancy.

He had just become a father and his one wish was to take his son to his first football match. Neither Shaun or the young lady were looking for sympathy but simply told the reporter how difficult things are now.

Not sure if Shaun reads Loft for Words or if anyone on here knows him - if you do Shaun or anyone knows him please can you wish him the very best from me and I am sure everyone else on this forum.
BBC News on 09:49 - May 15 with 2675 viewsMedwayR

I saw that on the 6 o'clock news, I tried to find it online to post but had no luck, heart-breaking stuff and I can only wish both of them the best, I sincerely hope he gets to take his little man to a game, ideally many.

Poll: Who’s better?

BBC News on 11:00 - May 15 with 2568 viewsGuppy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000j50r/bbc-news-at-ten-14052020
the article starts at 25 minutes - best of luck Shaun hope you get to take your son to the Rs - its a special moment and hopefully the rangers bond lasts even though he may curse you at stages!
BBC News on 11:24 - May 15 with 2522 viewsGalileo

I saw the bulletin on last night's news, my heart goes out to both of them.
They came across as extremely resilient individuals, trying to cope in challenging times compounded by the ongoing Covid situation.

Good luck Sean, it's no easy task , always keep happier times to the forefront of your thoughts. That new born lad will keep you occupied and offer boundless joy, imagine how proud you'll be when you take him to LR, it will happen... but knowing our lot we'll lose.

I really feel for your mate, be strong.

URs
BBC News on 11:32 - May 15 with 2506 viewsNoelmc

Very moving story.

Good luck to Shaun and the young lady featured.

I really hope Shaun gets as much time as possible to spend with his growing family. Great to see him displaying his support for the R's.
BBC News on 13:57 - May 15 with 2368 viewsrrrspricey

That's heartbreaking to watch.

How this poxy virus has impacted terminally ill people is something i hadn't even considered. It's bad enough for us anyway but to be largely stuck indoors when you only have a limited time left must be heartrending.

I'm in awe of people that deal with this, how anyone can come to terms with knowing you only have a short time left...
BBC News on 18:11 - May 15 with 2185 viewsMancR

Utterly heartbreakin, the moment when Sean told us about his newborn was gut- wrenching. Such dignity and class, my every good wish and hope to both brave people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024